How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coffee and Tea...

In my travels around the Planet, I have not yet seen a thread about the love of coffee and/or tea. And yet I KNOW there are many devotees here!

I'd like to get an idea of what people like since there is a vast variety available.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what people are drinking for their morning brew.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:37 AM   #2
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
In my travels around the Planet, I have not yet seen a thread about the love of coffee and/or tea. And yet I KNOW there are many devotees here!

I'd like to get an idea of what people like since there is a vast variety available.

I'm really looking forward to hearing what people are drinking for their morning brew.

I used to drink Dunkin' Donuts, but lately it tastes really bad to me. This is my favorite now...it's so good!!

And this is my back-up, if I'm out of the Crema Gusto:

I'm not a big tea drinker. I need more coffee suggestions, tho!

<----does anyone know why this dude is blue?
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 06:58 AM   #3
afrcnqueen

How Do You Identify?:
By name
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happy on my journey to Self- Love!! :-)

afrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputationafrcnqueen Has the BEST Reputation

This is my new favorite coffee. It is so smooth and delicious I can drink it black and I dislike black coffee..:-) I highly recommend it!

Old 06-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #4
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I'm always looking for new and wonderful coffee and I shop at Trader Joe's regularly! I WILL try that coffee!

I am getting a tutorial on how to make French press coffee this weekend by good friend who is a coffee wizard.... I told her today she always looks super sexay when she's making coffee... and she does!

I'm wondering about preferences in brewing methods..to me French press is THE best...I've also enjoyed brewed coffee with a sprinkle of nutmeg or (spoiler alert!) cinnamon mixed in with the grounds...

For tea lovers...

check out www.teabox.com They have a handy dandy free sampler for which you only pay shipping. IF I needed more tea I would do this but...I have a tea addiction problem. I truly bought some tea at TJ's cuz I liked the box. I hate the tea. But...I have the box
Old 06-10-2015, 07:32 PM   #5
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

OOPS!

You need a promo code TEA 10 to get the free samples....

Their website is veryyy dangerous for a girl like me...
Old 06-10-2015, 07:59 PM   #6
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

A glass full of ice with tea in it. In the south it's a given that it's sweet tea. You have to ask for unsweet

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I love a good cup of coffee and only use a french press to make mine. I have a stainless steel press for camping/traveling purposes, and a larger glass and stainless one for home use.

As for coffee itself, I prefer a fuller bodied coffee such as a good Sumatran. At present, I am hooked on this Greek coffee.

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 08:31 PM   #8
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I love a good cup of coffee and only use a french press to make mine. I have a stainless steel press for camping/traveling purposes, and a larger glass and stainless one for home use.

As for coffee itself, I prefer a fuller bodied coffee such as a good Sumatran. At present, I am hooked on this Greek coffee.

Where do you find this lovely Greek coffee? I have long loved the Sumatran stuff myself. I like a good strong coffee...

As far as iced tea is concerned...I finally got me one of those gallon thingies with the spout. I like to make sun tea since it doesn't have that boiled taste. You know that taste?? Someone once told me adding baking soda takes away that "tinny" taste. But with sun tea you avoid all that.

11 regular sized tea bags/gallon of water and I use a scant 1/4c of sugar. More can be added but you can't take it away!
Old 06-10-2015, 08:38 PM   #9
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

I have French market full body dark roast with chickery (fnsp) it is strong enough to remove paint but it sure gets me going in the morning.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 08:41 PM   #10
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I live in an area with a large Greek population so this coffee is available at most of the grocery stores, but it can also be bought online. It is a fine grind, so it does not do well in the press. I use a small pot.

For iced tea, I use a cold brew process, which simply involves placing the tea bags in a pitcher of filtered water and allow it to sit at room temp for a couple of hours, then remove the tea bags and refrigerate. I like this method because the tea does not become cloudy or bitter. I sweeten it with a small amount of raw cane sugar or sometimes honey.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 08:51 PM   #11
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I use a french press, and i also add cinnamon, vanilla or nutmeg to the grounds. I have an electric tea kettle which i use for the water, as the press works best if the water is boiling. 1/2 and 1/2 is all i add to mine.

I can use very inexpensive coffee (Don Franciscan hawaiian blend) with the press, and it tastes like gourmet.

I drink sun tea that is NEVER sweet, and hot tea with sweetener and cream.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2015, 09:14 PM   #12
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I live in an area with a large Greek population so this coffee is available at most of the grocery stores, but it can also be bought online. It is a fine grind, so it does not do well in the press. I use a small pot.

For iced tea, I use a cold brew process, which simply involves placing the tea bags in a pitcher of filtered water and allow it to sit at room temp for a couple of hours, then remove the tea bags and refrigerate. I like this method because the tea does not become cloudy or bitter. I sweeten it with a small amount of raw cane sugar or sometimes honey.
I never even thought of sweetening iced tea with honey. My above mentioned friend also suggested using it in coffee....I'm going to have to experiment now

(I also prefer raw cane sugar!)
Old 06-10-2015, 09:19 PM   #13
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Turkish press coffee makers require a finer coffee ground...may be worth the investment. Plus, I find them very pretty.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:46 AM   #14
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Coffee is blech, blech, blech.

And it's a liar!

It smells soooo good but when you drink it, it's horrible and bitter.

No thanks.

Sweet tea for me. Even my hot tea is sweet because of all the milk and sugar I put into it.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2015, 06:31 AM   #15
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I'm on my way out to breakfast...and am going to partake in some of my favorite local coffee!

www.dynamiteroasting.com/
Old 06-16-2015, 02:08 PM   #16
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I don't care for hot coffee.
But I do like cold brew-- we normally purchase our coffee from the local co-op, something that is fair trade and organic. Did you know that you can taste more of the hints of "flavours" when cold brewing and it's less acidic and more pH balanced? Pretty neat. It's also more concentrated, so add a little water or cream to it. I like mine with cardamon, cinnamon, and honey sweetened full fat coconut milk.
I love tea. Herbal is my favourite-- but I don't mind caffeinated teas. I enjoy a Earl Grey with coconut milk or homemade almond milk, light. If I drink plain black tea, cold, I enjoy it with a lot of lemon. Good thread.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Coffee is blech, blech, blech.

And it's a liar!

It smells soooo good but when you drink it, it's horrible and bitter.

No thanks.

Sweet tea for me. Even my hot tea is sweet because of all the milk and sugar I put into it.
Yes, have to agree coffee is a liar..LOL
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #18
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

QUOTE=ahk;995362]I don't care for hot coffee.
But I do like cold brew-- we normally purchase our coffee from the local co-op, something that is fair trade and organic. Did you know that you can taste more of the hints of "flavours" when cold brewing and it's less acidic and more pH balanced? Pretty neat. It's also more concentrated, so add a little water or cream to it. I like mine with cardamon, cinnamon, and honey sweetened full fat coconut milk.
I love tea. Herbal is my favourite-- but I don't mind caffeinated teas. I enjoy a Earl Grey with coconut milk or homemade almond milk, light. If I drink plain black tea, cold, I enjoy it with a lot of lemon. Good thread.[ QUOTE]

have you tried the coffee at the Rancher's Club? It's divine. They get a special secret blend from the Sante Fe Coffee Company.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #19
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post

have you tried the coffee at the Rancher's Club? It's divine. They get a special secret blend from the Sante Fe Coffee Company.
I've never heard of Rancher's Club and I've lived here all my life except for 3 years somewhere in all that. LOL.

What makes it divine? Besides being a more "local" coffee. And are you from NM too?
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-05-2015, 06:47 AM   #20
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

I had my morning coffee made by a very cute butch....who just happened to be working at Dunkins..

*note to self: get to Dunkins more often...