Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #201
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Oh yeah... I'd be one of those who didn't leave if I couldn't take my pets!

I'm so sorry re: your ducks. Animals get very conditioned to a safe place and head for it in a crisis ... like they're on auto pilot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
People wonder why so many people stayed for Katrina. This is partly why. i evacuated many times and took my pets with me, but shelters didn't allow them. Hell hotels didn't allow them but when i just had my little dog i snuck her in.

Once i had a diarrhea inflicted rescue cat and a conure parrot in the backseat and my mother in the front seat. That was a fun 18 hours on the interstate. i had a couple of french ducks that i had raised from babies that i left at home. They found their kennels in my patio and went in them, and drowned. Animals do crazy things in a crisis.

One good thing that happened is they changed the laws and people can bring their pets now.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 03:01 PM   #202
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Oh yeah... I'd be one of those who didn't leave if I couldn't take my pets!

I'm so sorry re: your ducks. Animals get very conditioned to a safe place and head for it in a crisis ... like they're on auto pilot.

Yes and in my mind i am thinking they would have known to go anywhere to be safe. i could not have taken them, but it didn't make me feel any better.

i am really worried for my family New Orleans for Irma. i am also thankful i got the hell out of there.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 03:11 PM   #203
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Totally understandable... re: the ducks and your family.

I've not peeped the news re: Irma ... it's headed to NO?!

Quote:
Yes and in my mind i am thinking they would have known to go anywhere to be safe. i could not have taken them, but it didn't make me feel any better.

i am really worried for my family New Orleans for Irma. i am also thankful i got the hell out of there.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2017, 05:08 PM   #204
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Totally understandable... re: the ducks and your family.

I've not peeped the news re: Irma ... it's headed to NO?!
Too early to tell, but it seems to be following a Katrina-like path across south Florida (and then Katrina of course spun into the Gulf).
Old 09-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #205
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gráinne View Post
Too early to tell, but it seems to be following a Katrina-like path across south Florida (and then Katrina of course spun into the Gulf).
exactly so i am going against my intuition which is to stay off the weather channel.
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 04:23 AM   #206
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Florida peeps? .........
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 04:53 AM   #207
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Saw a forecast model that shows it as a Cat 4 upon impact, Cat 3 around Orlando and a Cat 1 as it moves into GA and the Carolinas.

It could go any way but everyone please be safe.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 05:33 AM   #208
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Saw a forecast model that shows it as a Cat 4 upon impact, Cat 3 around Orlando and a Cat 1 as it moves into GA and the Carolinas.

It could go any way but everyone please be safe.

This one is a monster. Katrina hit land as a Cat3 from a Cat 5 and it was not as powerful as this one.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 09:11 PM   #209
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I will be finished packing up my apartment by Saturday. I will be working from Saturday night until Tuesday at the latest. I pray for the people in South Florida where Irma is expected to be a Cat 5 hurricane when it makes landfall. U-haul is offering free storage to the residents of Florida.

Zimmeh

Quote:
Florida peeps? .........
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2017, 11:34 PM   #210
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

No way to know yet, but it doesn't look like it's gonna hit the gulf side. Either east coast or up the middle of the state. So I am not evacuating. The highway that goes through my town has been super congested going north. I gave up on getting a haircut today. Not worth fighting the traffic. I waited 20 mins Wednesday for gas.

Fingers crossed. I dread a possible power outage in this heat.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:09 AM   #211
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

((((((((( everyone ))))))))))))) in IRMA'S path ~ God Bless
Old 09-08-2017, 03:10 AM   #212
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,091 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Reminds me, , here's a link to a Shelterbox vid on Irma:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kVy45OTyEU

Stay safe, folks - may deity watch over you.

Esme xx
Esme nha Maire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Esme nha Maire For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 04:07 AM   #213
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

as far inland as i am, there is now water left. People are ordering off of Amazon.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #214
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
No way to know yet, but it doesn't look like it's gonna hit the gulf side. Either east coast or up the middle of the state. So I am not evacuating. The highway that goes through my town has been super congested going north. I gave up on getting a haircut today. Not worth fighting the traffic. I waited 20 mins Wednesday for gas.

Fingers crossed. I dread a possible power outage in this heat.
The path predictions keep going back and forth between the direct hit being up the middle or the WEST coast...please consider going to a shelter tomorrow morning just in case they are right about it going west.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 07:02 AM   #215
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

They have opened evacuation shelters here in Greenville just to be on the safe side, but i don't think it will be necessary.

my heart is so heavy for all affected, this thing is unreal.

Still waiting for it to take the northerly turn. Looks like the Gulf side may get a direct hit
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 07:21 AM   #216
Toolio

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he or him
Relationship Status:
Single

Toolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST Reputation

Hi all and to those affected by Irma my thoughts are with you.....So far light just flickered once

Tool
Toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Toolio For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 09:08 AM   #217
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
as far inland as i am, there is now water left. People are ordering off of Amazon.
Dee, as far inland As You Are just a few miles east of you was riddled with Hurricane Hugo. Now that they are forecasting it to go west of us our biggest threat being on the east side of the storm is tree damage from the winds and the fact that we have already had a lot of rain this year. People here go just as crazy now over hurricanes as they do 3 flakes of snow in the winter. If you have driven to our mountains and our Coast you can almost Define the line between the Piedmont and the foothills and the Piedmont and the Sandhills. I grew up in South Carolina and when I got grown I swore when I bought a house it would not be on sand and there would not be a pine tree on the place. LOL that said those pine trees snap like a twig in these storms thus the reason you can't find any water and places are running out of gas. No power means no gas and no water unless your own city or county and they don't cut it off. I'm just thankful it moved and is not going straight over the top of us

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 09:14 AM   #218
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Dee, as far inland As You Are just a few miles east of you was riddled with Hurricane Hugo. Now that they are forecasting it to go west of us our biggest threat being on the east side of the storm is tree damage from the winds and the fact that we have already had a lot of rain this year. People here go just as crazy now over hurricanes as they do 3 flakes of snow in the winter. If you have driven to our mountains and our Coast you can almost Define the line between the Piedmont and the foothills and the Piedmont and the Sandhills. I grew up in South Carolina and when I got grown I swore when I bought a house it would not be on sand and there would not be a pine tree on the place. LOL that said those pine trees snap like a twig in these storms thus the reason you can't find any water and places are running out of gas. No power means no gas and no water unless your own city or county and they don't cut it off. I'm just thankful it moved and is not going straight over the top of us

Hey Blade,

i don't know exactly where you are but i know as glad as i am for us (Greenville county) i don't like being on the east coast of any storm. My house in New Orleans flooded once when a storm hit Galveston.

The wind is wicked here today, and its a strange reminder of whats coming for us or whomever.

i know that during the crazy wind that a storm brings are the tornadoes that come out of now where, snap a ton of trees and go back up.

Where i live we have some huge trees on two sides, and i am not going to like it.

i am going to gas up my car today, not sure why but its what you do, and i have provisions just in case. i don't expect to need any of it, but one jog to the east and we are in trouble.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 12:20 PM   #219
Toolio

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he or him
Relationship Status:
Single

Toolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST ReputationToolio Has the BEST Reputation

I made a joke about mother nature being mad so getting bathed and wind dried in my odd sense humor lol
Toolio is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Toolio For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2017, 12:44 PM   #220
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Dee I was thinking the same thing about the trees. Ima park my truck out in the front forty where there are no trees. My house is however surrounded by huge oak trees, they make me nervous but I love them the other 90% of the time. Beautiful here today, just a tiny breeze. Ima finish mowing this evening. Im on a hill so I dont worry about flooding but these trees do make me cringe

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: