Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM   #781
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 08:34 AM   #782
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #783
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when we laid on the floor with a long cord to talk on the phone to our girlfriends
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #784
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when i was dragged out of gay bars in Montreal, beaten and arrested by the police.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:54 AM   #785
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when all the windows were boarded up in gay bars! They were dark and gloomy as hell..........
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:57 AM   #786
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I remember when i was dragged out of gay bars in Montreal, beaten and arrested by the police.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 10:59 AM   #787
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember when you had to use a secret "password" to entry gay bars and you also usually had to enter thru a back door!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 11:02 AM   #788
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when you had to memorise the fire exits in those dark, dingy Mafia- run bars and pray they hadn't locked the doors to keep people from getting in for free.

(Preventing a $2.00 cheated entry could cost over a hundred disaster taken lives cause we had no rights ...and no one cared.)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 11:06 AM   #789
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

OMG that jogged my memory.....

In Milwaukee I remember the 'mafia' bagmen coming in to collect their "payoff"
making disgusting remarks about the butches who had the "best looking femmes" on their arm!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 11:38 AM   #790
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
I remember when we laid on the floor with a long cord to talk on the phone to our girlfriends
OMG yes or try and stretch the cord, (ours was a kitchen phone & the ONLY one) to a more "private" area to talk
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #791
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Remember gay bars

I remember when gay bars used to put on big celebrations and serve dinners for Thanksgiving and Christmas for all the folks that lost their families when they "came out".
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 11:47 AM   #792
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
I remember when gay bars used to put on big celebrations and serve dinners for Thanksgiving and Christmas for all the folks that lost their families when they "came out".
OMG YES, I remember that as well Chad...

I wonder if they still do? I haven't been to a gay bar in years!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #793
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
OMG yes or try and stretch the cord, (ours was a kitchen phone & the ONLY one) to a more "private" area to talk
PARTY LINES! .....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2017, 05:30 PM   #794
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember when you had to use a secret "password" to entry gay bars and you also usually had to enter thru a back door!
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
I remember when you had to memorise the fire exits in those dark, dingy Mafia- run bars and pray they hadn't locked the doors to keep people from getting in for free.

(Preventing a $2.00 cheated entry could cost over a hundred disaster taken lives cause we had no rights ...and no one cared.)
Quote:
I remember when all the windows were boarded up in gay bars! They were dark and gloomy as hell..........
Quote:
OMG YES, I remember that as well Chad...

I wonder if they still do? I haven't been to a gay bar in years!
Soooo, I remember that two years ago, come December, BFP member Virago created a forum thread about how lesbians used to congregate at certain local bars in their community, if there were any types of places safe enough to gather around. I posted in that thread and here's a link to my post:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...1&postcount=14

As I remember, there was no such thing in my home state of Idaho. Lesbian members of my community back then usually held posts in the community as academics, or in other fields of employment, but especially so, during the 1960s and 1970s, you could lose your job, lose your standing socially or even be arrested or held against your will in an mental institution. I imagine if it weren't for the sexual revolution during those twin decades, and the high social price paid by people who participated in Stonewall, and other similar social protests, that what social standing and privileges afforded to members of the LBGTQ community would not exist.

There was no such place for lesbian or gas to meet in the state I grew up in. We mostly held private get together by private invitation only. Of course, even later during the late 1980s, there still was no public bars where members of the LBGTQ were free to mingle and socialize without fear of reprisals.

I haven't lived in my home state since the late 1980s, but even here in Oregon, it's not always been an easy thing either, unless you count only two or three communities I know of in Oregon, where members of the LGBT can mingle free of social consequences. We used to have an Lesbian owned bar close to the Hawthorne district, back in the 1990's, early 2000's. But it went out of business. The only other lesbian owned entity that I know of in Portland, is the book store In Other Words, which used to be located in the Hawthorne district, but has since relocated to the Alberta neighborhood in the inner North Northeast sector of Portland. We still have a small collection of Women's Resource Offices at state community college campuses or at state owned universities across the state of Oregon. Private universities I am not sure about but I am guessing they don't offer any resources for women who identify anywhere on the lesbian spectrum.

At any rate..... I think Virago thread was very interesting and filled with numerous posts by members from all.over the US.

I think it's important to remember our roots and to do all we can at an local level to ensure our rights and social standing remains strong during turbulent times across the country!

Here's a second post I made in Virago's forum thread:

http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...1&postcount=28
Old 10-19-2017, 02:20 AM   #795
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Being in my mid 60's I remember families more or less "forcing"their lesbian daughters to marry a man!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2017, 07:44 AM   #796
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,910 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Being in my mid 60's I remember families more or less "forcing"their lesbian daughters to marry a man!
Homoe, my butch is almost 75 yrs old and she definately remembers that too!

Last edited by Gayandgray; 10-19-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Hit wrong key on iPhone
Gayandgray is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gayandgray For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #797
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #798
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Default Remember when......

Back in the day, when the only types of pans or pots were stainless steel or cast iron skillets? And if you were not so talented in using them properly and you scorched puddings or soups or pancakes on the cast iron griddle, you'd have to take an copper wire brillo pad (which would wreck your hands and fingernails) or later on, you'd try the SOS soap wool wire mesh pads, to scrub your pots and pans clean????

Yeah, that... heaven help you if you ruined your pricey enamel cookware too!

My oldest son finally procured some talent to cook and not ruin my pots and pans. My youngest son was super talented in wrecking all my best pots and pans.

It's just me now at home, so it's not an problem anymore, but I did not like scour pads of any kind, now or then, because you can't get them clean to use another time. They harbor bacteria and leave your pots and pans in worse shape than before being wrecked by 'talented' cooking skills.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #799
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Quote:

Might of been before your time Miss Kätz but I remember these...............
No, not quite! My Aunt Mary began her career in Portland as an switchboard operator for Pacific Bell, then worked her way up the ranks to be an administrator in an department which served transitory processes for the post-switchboard era.

Old 10-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #800
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Tags
remember when