Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > MEMBER NEWS, ANNOUNCEMENTS, EVENTS > Newbie Central > Newbie FAQ

Old 06-14-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
CamBAMF

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Single

CamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond reputeCamBAMF has a reputation beyond repute
Question Reps

Okay I have a question. What are these reps things? How do you get them? What are they used for?

Cameron

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/x...rs20de20-1.jpg

~Logic will get you from A to B but Imagination will take you Everywhere~
CamBAMF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CamBAMF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

Over there <--- on the left hand side of the screen, at the bottom of the profile section, is a little white scale. Clicking on that scale opens a little box where you can leave a comment for a poster. These are not public so only the person who made the post can see them.

That's "repping" someone. It's just a system that allows you to express appreciation for someone's post. You can also "thank" them for posting which adds your name to the list of thankers listed at at the bottom of the post.

The more reps you get the higher your rep points.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:47 AM   #3
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm saving all of mine to buy some of those ridiculous animal/canoe/tree shaped bracelets.

Gayla forgot the most important part of rep points.

If you collect enough, you get to trade them in for a prize!
Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

I also forgot the part about rep first then thank!
The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
Selenay

How Do You Identify?:
A soul for a compass and a heart for a pair of wings.
Preferred Pronoun?:
All I ask of living is to have no chains on me.
Relationship Status:
All I own are the strides I spend to the finish line.

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,450 Times in 370 Posts
Selenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST ReputationSelenay Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post

I also forgot the part about rep first then thank!
If you rep the poster beforrrrrrre you "thank" their post, you can ~*beat the system*~

if you do it the other way, it doesn't work.

Selenay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Selenay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 AM   #6
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:

I was also just recently informed that if you forget and do it backwards you can unthank and then rethank after repping!

The Following User Says Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2010, 04:15 AM   #7
NJFemmie

How Do You Identify?:
The original lime-twisted femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
I answer to most things, especially lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Still loving my Mare ;)

3 Highscores

Thanked 11,425 Times in 2,978 Posts
NJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST ReputationNJFemmie Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'll tell you what ....

Mare's store can't keep these in stock.... I wish I would have thought them up ....

I'm just happy I have my black cat one.

NJFemmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:55 AM   #8
Oneida

How Do You Identify?:
Free

Oneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST ReputationOneida Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayla View Post
Over there <--- on the left hand side of the screen, at the bottom of the profile section, is a little white scale. Clicking on that scale opens a little box where you can leave a comment for a poster. These are not public so only the person who made the post can see them.

I had no idea!!!!!!! Thanks, Gayla.
Oneida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #9
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Where on the site can you find info about the rankings "senior, junior, practically lives here, etc", membership? What are the levels for each?
C0LLETTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 01:48 PM   #10
MasterfulButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Charming the love of my life.

MasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST ReputationMasterfulButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Where on the site can you find info about the rankings "senior, junior, practically lives here, etc", membership? What are the levels for each?
There's probably an easier way but I go to the Community drop down on the green menu bar, go to the Members List and then order it by Posts. This list then shows the users with the highest number of posts at the top and the last page has the lowest number. Using the page numbers you can navigate the search results to identify the cut off. For example, a user with 99 posts is listed as a Junior Member then over the 100 and they are just a plain Member.

The mods probably have a handy list somewhere but hopefully this'll help in the meantime.

MasterfulButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MasterfulButch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2014, 01:37 AM   #11
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterfulButch View Post
There's probably an easier way but I go to the Community drop down on the green menu bar, go to the Members List and then order it by Posts. This list then shows the users with the highest number of posts at the top and the last page has the lowest number. Using the page numbers you can navigate the search results to identify the cut off. For example, a user with 99 posts is listed as a Junior Member then over the 100 and they are just a plain Member.

The mods probably have a handy list somewhere but hopefully this'll help in the meantime.
Wow! Thank you ! That's quite the method ! Even if there is an easier way, I just loved reading through your explanation/directions . lol
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 10:28 AM   #12
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone else have trouble posting reps from a mobile device? It may just be my phone, but it won't allow me to post them.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #13
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryWine View Post
Does anyone else have trouble posting reps from a mobile device? It may just be my phone, but it won't allow me to post them.
Yep! I am using my nook hd+ tablet since my laptop crashed. I can't leave a rep message nor use my infamous blue font color......
Old 12-18-2014, 02:04 PM   #14
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

How many posts required to be an "Infamous Member" or "Practically Lives Here"?
Old 12-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #15
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
Yep! I am using my nook hd+ tablet since my laptop crashed. I can't leave a rep message nor use my infamous blue font color......
Thanks, Clay. Guess it's not just my phone, then.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 02:10 PM   #16
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Thanks, Clay. Guess it's not just my phone, then.
Yvw hon! Nope it is not "just your phone".....
Old 12-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #17
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am able to post a rep message (also change font and color) on both my iPad and iPhone 6.

I was not able to leave a rep message with my iPhone 3G.

I guess it is different depending on the device.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2014, 02:33 PM   #18
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

How many posts required to be an "Infamous Member" or "Practically Lives Here"? .... anyone know?
Old 12-18-2014, 02:48 PM   #19
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
How many posts required to be an "Infamous Member" or "Practically Lives Here"? .... anyone know?
Collette, I believe those may be actual paying members that have that under their user names. I'm not sure but you could ask a moderator like NYCFem
Old 12-18-2014, 03:22 PM   #20
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

OR, they have posted over 7000 posts.