Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 07:16 AM   #581
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Warhol fan and going to be in the Chicago area soon?

“Andy Warhol—From A to B and Back Again” Art Institute of Chicago 111 S Michigan Ave Sunday October 20 2019 - Sunday January 26 2020

This retrospective of Warhol's career features more than 350 works for guests to explore. Instead of focusing on a specific era of his life, “From A to B and Back Again” accounts for the entire breadth of the Pop Art legend's output, from early illustrations that were commissioned for magazines to recolored portraits of celebrities that graced the cover of Interview magazine. While there are plenty of familiar pieces on display (a print of Marilyn Monroe, several Campbell's soup cans), there are also sections of the exhibit devoted to lesser-known aspects of Warhol's practice, including performance art, television and publishing.

Filled with self-portraits, homages to vaunted brands and celebrations of fame, “From A to B and Back Again” accentuates the echoes of Warhol’s art in the contemporary world—and seeing so much of it one place only makes its prophetic themes that much clearer.

Event website:https://www.artic.edu/exhibitions/29...and-back-again
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 03:17 PM   #582
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quartino 626 N State St Chicago

I just was reminded about this place in a phone conversation. I believe it was on my last visit to the Windy City that we visited it.

I do recall it was the first time I even had dates wrapped in Pancetta! So good that we ordered them twice! If memory serves me right I had a Bolognese pasta dish. The peculiar thing is I don't remember or associate a dessert with this establishment! Could we have actually passed on dessert? Seems highly unlikely when it comes to us two.

Check it out and see what you think...

The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 07:04 AM   #583
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Maggiano's Little Italy 516 N Clark St. Chicago.....

We liked everything we ate here.......and they have reasonable prices to boot!
Old 10-27-2019, 09:17 AM   #584
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Beer aficionado, connoisseur,or just enjoy a cold one?

~~
If you're going to be in the Chicago area you may want to check out the following.

Noon Whistle Brewing, Pollyanna Brewing, Black Horizon Brewing, Spiteful Brewing, and After Brewing Company.

I am not a beer drinker but I do visit someone in the Windy City who is and she's informed me she's dragged me to all of theses spots which she swears by.......
Old 10-28-2019, 07:11 AM   #585
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

If you're flying into Chicago's O'Hare field and are unsure of what mode of transport to take to get downtown, by all means take the blue line El train that runs right under the airport terminal station! TRUST me on this, ESPECIALLY if it's during rush hour! As you go sailing past the "parking lot" of an expressway hopefully you'll remember this post and smile to yourself!
If you'll be visiting Chicago during the upcoming holidays, don't forget about this time saving tip!
Old 10-28-2019, 06:45 PM   #586
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Bellingham, on Chuckanut Drive
The Oyster Bar~
The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 07:46 AM   #587
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:

so many deep dish pizza joints to pick from but try

Pequod's 2207 N Clybourn Ave, Chicago,

The edges of the almost-2-inch-high crust is blackened to crispy perfection, making the mozzarella where the two meet caramelized heaven.
Despite the snarky comments in the November issue of Chicago magazine about this joint and also Vito & Nick's, I stand by both of my recommendations..........
Old 10-29-2019, 07:49 AM   #588
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Bellingham, on Chuckanut Drive
The Oyster Bar~

Thank you so much for posting! I love seeing places other members suggest and recommend...
Old 10-30-2019, 08:18 AM   #589
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Los Cabos Tequila 18751 State Hwy 305 NE Poulsbo, WA

Me and Mary go here almost every week......
Old 10-30-2019, 09:14 AM   #590
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Galare Thai 120 W Bell St #1f, Sequim, WA

About once a month or so me and Mary take the hour's drive to Sequim to eat here.......
Old 10-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #591
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for pizza on Chicago's South Side?

Stix n' Brix 218 W 33rd St Chicago,

Chicago Magazine included this in their recent Top 25 list for pizza so after doing a bit of research online, it's one I shall be willing to try my next visit to the Windy City...

IF anyone should visit before I, would you be kind enough to please post and give you opinion.

https://stixnbrix33.com/menu/wood-fired-pizza/
Old 11-05-2019, 08:16 AM   #592
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Seattle Chocolate Factory & Outlet Store 1180 Andover Park W (b/t 180th St & Midland Dr or 1/4 miles from See's South Center)

Mary wanted to pick up some Seahawks bars so we stopped here on our way to See's. It is a woman owned business catering to Seattle themed truffles and chocolates. Around various holidays they hold events that deem checking into.
Old 11-05-2019, 08:42 AM   #593
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Phoenecia 4717 42nd Ave SW West Seattle (across from Jefferson Square)

This established was located for years on Alki Beach but recently they moved up to the West Seattle Junction area. A bit more fancier than the old location but the food remains top notch IMHO.............
Old 11-09-2019, 01:22 PM   #594
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Palmer House in Chicago.........

124 South Wabash Avenue Chicago,
~~

If something sweet is what you're looking for, try the one, the only,the original BROWNIE | $9 invented at the Palmer House during the 1893 World’s Fair I'm sure you can get one to go OR why not sit down in Potters (Lobby Level of the Palmer House), and enjoy it with cherry walnut ice cream.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:32 PM   #595
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Looking for some fun exercise?

Ice Skating Millennium Park Nov 15 2019-Mar 8 2020

Skate under the Chicago skyline and within eye-shot of the Chicago Christmas Tree. Admission to the rink is free, and you can rent skates for $13–$15. The most popular time to hit the rink is in the evening, so show up earlier if you don't feel like waiting in line.

Take advantage of free skating lessons on Fridays at 11am and Saturdays and Sundays at 9am. If it seems too warm to skate, call ahead—this rink is open through March 8, weather permitting.

IF you're like me and enjoy eating your way around the Windy City, this is a good way to burn off some of those calories!
Old 11-13-2019, 04:51 PM   #596
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

In a 2016 issue of Oprah Magazine Gayle King (The World According to Gayle column) picked here (Buddy's in Detroit) as one of her favorite outstanding pizza pies....17125 Conant St Detroit, MI phone 313-892-9001

Buddy’s Pizza has been serving up The Original Detroit-Style Pizza since opening its doors on the corner of Six Mile Road and Conant Street in 1946. Now with multiple locations throughout metro Detroit, Buddy's continues to serve Detroit's #1 square pizza.

I have never been here nor have I had Detroit Style pizza, but I hope to one day...
Old 11-13-2019, 05:12 PM   #597
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
124 South Wabash Avenue Chicago,
~~

If something sweet is what you're looking for, try the one, the only,the original BROWNIE | $9 invented at the Palmer House during the 1893 World’s Fair I'm sure you can get one to go OR why not sit down in Potters (Lobby Level of the Palmer House), and enjoy it with cherry walnut ice cream.
Old 11-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #598
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

If you visit Chicago, let someone else do the driving.......

Old 11-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #599
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation
Default Oklahoma City Zoo

https://www.okczoo.org/

Always gotta go to the zoo!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2019, 09:30 PM   #600
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

http://www.marlandmansion.com/

Near the Kansas border to the north, Ponca City is another Oklahoma oil-boom town. The grand Marland Estate Mansion dates to 1928, ordered as a second home for millionaire oilman and 10th governor of Oklahoma, E. W. Marland. The palatial home has 55 rooms, including three kitchens, plus expansive grounds with a swimming pool, artist studio, and boathouse. Other historic museums within the estate include the Bryant Baker Gallery dedicated to the namesake sculptor and the Marland Oil Museum. For a look at the Marland's earlier home, visit his smaller city residence (also in Ponca City) known as Marland's Grand Home.

Address: 901 Monument Road, Ponca City, Oklahoma
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post: