Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 10-24-2011, 04:08 AM   #2041
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,871 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

EEK!

Ok - I've been super off-track for the last 3 weeks and my joints are shrieking about it quite loudly! Haven't worked out in over 3 weeks and have been smoking, drinking alcohol, sodas, eating crap, etc.

I have been avoiding the scales for the last several weeks because I knew I gained a little in Portland and haven't really been making a good effort since then.

I decided this morning that I needed to face the scales. I weighed and was shocked to see that I am at 291, which is only 2 pounds up from my lightest weighin for the last 2 months.

I am happy, don't get me wrong but I know that I missed out on 2 months of good weight loss and am determined to get back on track.

I want to encourage the peeps who are avoiding the scale to jump on that sucker and get an idea of where you are with it. It can be scary, yes, but it is much better to know than to wonder.

Today, my plan is:
*drink water and not soda
* cook a healthy lunch and dinner
* plan some meals for the rest of the week
* hit the elliptical or bike for at least 15 minutes.

Baby steps back toward losing!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 04:14 AM   #2042
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

WTG Medusa!
I'm proud of you for facing the scales. It is hard after being off track for awhile.

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/q...star_green.gif
Stacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 04:44 AM   #2043
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Cajun Dee
I went to the book store and bought a book with a list of near every kinda food you can think of,it list the carb count of the foods as well as the fiber count.I got it at BAM,there are tons of books to chose from,I went thrue it and picked what I like.. made me a list to keep handy to chose from.Recently my doc said my diabetis is in check and test are normal.I get the veggies in the steam bag wich have two servings at 8 carbs each but I often eat the whole thing for a meal with a meat/fish or fowl on the side.Also I keep hard boilled eggs handy,celery with pimento cheese is good,I can keep going on but u get the idea.Im on 60to 80 carbs a day and still loseing weight.
Wow Rockin that's really great! For ME, I am on less than 20 carbs a day and it's melting off, I am not allowed to be on the scale (old issues) so I am guessing by my clothes that I am down about 8-10 pounds. What I love? Seeing my muscles again, I was pouring my coffee this morning and I saw the muscles in my forearms!

The only way to lose weight on a low carb diet is to go into Ketosis, and the only way to test that is with ketostix, are you doing that? Tomorrow will be two weeks on induction, thank GOD and I can start having a little more, but this two week detox has felt great! I have energy and like I said I feel more toned already, and all I do is farm work for exercise.

Being a diabetic your diet is crucial so be very careful with it! You can also look up Atkins food list and there are lots of things you can have, like I add a slice of cream cheese here and there, went out to eat with the fam last night, ordered a wonderful juicy burger with cheese (no bun please) and a salad, I was so stuffed I could not finish it.

The BEST part? Everyone was having warm fresh garlic bread and butter, I had no desire for it in the least. I also *visualize* things I can't have as something disgusting.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 04:52 AM   #2044
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Ok I am going to go out on a limb here and hope I don't offend anyone, I surely would never mean to do that.

Not sure if anyone wants this input if not please just skip over me! I am a hypnotherapist and a bodyworker by trade and deal with people with weight issues everyday, and this is one tool we use. Most of the people I see cannot exercise.

When you see something you want, and you shouldn't have for whatever plan you are following, use visualization. See it as something else. Like I visualize this when I see something like chocolate cheesecake:

which is actual fat, and think to myself *THAT is what the chocolate cheesecake is going to turn into after I eat it! *

It's such a turn off that I chuckle at myself for ever feeling deprived about such things. And I also say to myself while the others are enjoying it *you poor thing, if you only knew what that is going to turn into after you eat it*

Ok kinda lame but it works for me and others I work with. Kinda mind over matter when it comes to cravings.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 05:56 AM   #2045
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

Stacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST ReputationStacy Has the BEST Reputation

That is similar to how I handled my cheesecake temptation yesterday. I just kept looking at it thinking about how many points it was, almost as if it had an invisible post it note on it saying, "25 points". It helped a lot. I love your visualization suggestion. All those little tricks can help pull me through a bad temptation moment.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 05:59 AM   #2046
BBinNYC

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Fine with he or she. Just don't call me late for dinner.
Relationship Status:
married to the best femme in the world

Tournaments Won: 2

BBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST ReputationBBinNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Today was my first 1-week weigh-in day since going low carb last Monday. I've been pretty diligent, except for 1/2 piece of cake at a friend's birthday party.

The loss was 2.5 lbs, less than I had hoped for Week 1, but I'll take it. I was hoping for a first week 5-6 lb loss and then the smaller 2 lbs thereafter. But I haven't been exercising so I guess I'll introduce that this week and see if the results are any different next Monday.

BB
Old 10-24-2011, 06:00 AM   #2047
Stacy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer

That is a good weight loss, and any loss is a great success. Congratulations.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stacy For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #2048
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Yes and unlike many plans, low carb plans are more unforgiving, your body tries to enter Ketosis (a stage in which fat is being burned 24/7) and even one bad carb food will knock you back, so considering that you done good!

Exercise will help greatly, good luck!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 06:05 AM   #2049
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Cravings:

Scientifically they are real, we really WANT something, and our body is asking us for it (Milk cravings mean you need calcium etc.) ..normally our body craves what it's deficient in. However it's been proven that after 3 bites the craving has actually been satisfied. The french folks love dessert, but they are TINY portions, (they also walk everywhere) so adopting this theory can help when it comes to eating that whole chocolate cheesecake or having a bite size chocolate candy!

Also the average time a craving lasts is 10 minutes, I pop a piece of gum in my mouth (i do this while cooking too so I don't taste everything) and in just a few minutes the craving is all gone.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 06:23 AM   #2050
Diavolo

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

Diavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST ReputationDiavolo Has the BEST Reputation

I see a few folks above talking about counting carbs and calories and such. I use Livestrong's Myplate application. It's free and it sure keeps me honest. There are some things that I will get in to and shouldn't. Once I started entering everything in there regular, I got a better sense of what everything was doing to me. There are some things I just need to leave alone!

Currently, I'm working on a recipe of turkey breast chorizo that I made. It's my third attempt and this came out pretty good. Of course the thing that makes chorizo so damned good is the fat in the pork, so I figured I'd spice it up real good. 107 cal, 1.5g fat, 19g protein, 3.62g carbs. I add 1/2 cup of egg whites to it and one corn tortilla and that makes about a 270 calorie breakfast that makes you feel like you've actually eaten a meal.
Diavolo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Diavolo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:06 AM   #2051
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun_dee View Post
Cravings:

Scientifically they are real, we really WANT something, and our body is asking us for it (Milk cravings mean you need calcium etc.) ..normally our body craves what it's deficient in. However it's been proven that after 3 bites the craving has actually been satisfied. The french folks love dessert, but they are TINY portions, (they also walk everywhere) so adopting this theory can help when it comes to eating that whole chocolate cheesecake or having a bite size chocolate candy!

Also the average time a craving lasts is 10 minutes, I pop a piece of gum in my mouth (i do this while cooking too so I don't taste everything) and in just a few minutes the craving is all gone.
I've had a craving for fresh spring rolls for over a week...
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #2052
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

This is what my human nutrition professor told us..And it scares you to know that is what you are consuming...

Zimmeh

Quote:
Ok I am going to go out on a limb here and hope I don't offend anyone, I surely would never mean to do that.

Not sure if anyone wants this input if not please just skip over me! I am a hypnotherapist and a bodyworker by trade and deal with people with weight issues everyday, and this is one tool we use. Most of the people I see cannot exercise.

When you see something you want, and you shouldn't have for whatever plan you are following, use visualization. See it as something else. Like I visualize this when I see something like chocolate cheesecake:

which is actual fat, and think to myself *THAT is what the chocolate cheesecake is going to turn into after I eat it! *

It's such a turn off that I chuckle at myself for ever feeling deprived about such things. And I also say to myself while the others are enjoying it *you poor thing, if you only knew what that is going to turn into after you eat it*

Ok kinda lame but it works for me and others I work with. Kinda mind over matter when it comes to cravings.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 07:19 AM   #2053
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Next time when I go power walking around LR, I am going to find you and take you with me...

Congrats on your weight loss!

Zimmeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
EEK!

Ok - I've been super off-track for the last 3 weeks and my joints are shrieking about it quite loudly! Haven't worked out in over 3 weeks and have been smoking, drinking alcohol, sodas, eating crap, etc.

I have been avoiding the scales for the last several weeks because I knew I gained a little in Portland and haven't really been making a good effort since then.

I decided this morning that I needed to face the scales. I weighed and was shocked to see that I am at 291, which is only 2 pounds up from my lightest weighin for the last 2 months.

I am happy, don't get me wrong but I know that I missed out on 2 months of good weight loss and am determined to get back on track.

I want to encourage the peeps who are avoiding the scale to jump on that sucker and get an idea of where you are with it. It can be scary, yes, but it is much better to know than to wonder.

Today, my plan is:
*drink water and not soda
* cook a healthy lunch and dinner
* plan some meals for the rest of the week
* hit the elliptical or bike for at least 15 minutes.

Baby steps back toward losing!
Old 10-24-2011, 08:08 AM   #2054
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

GOOD MORNING Y'all and happy Monday!

It's great to see all these healthy goal driven folks up in here! It's nice to see all the continued success and amazing motivation!

Well, it's been one week that I've gotten back on track, and I feel great! I did break down and have a couple Dr. Peppers over the course of the weekend, but I did manage to stay within my points range.

Yesterday, I had a very lean pork loin roast simmering in the crockpot all day long (with only using a can of CocaCola as a marinade). After 8 hours, I shredded that sucker and it made the best sandwiches EVER! I did not add any barbque sauce... that amount was up to our own preferences. I used whole wheat tortillas and D used the honey wheat sandwhich thin. We've got plenty leftover for lunches today and even brought some for my boss.

I did get on the scale this morning to see where I was standing after the 5 pound gain post reunion. I've already lost 3 of them... so yes, I'm back on track! No, if I could just really get back on the gym/exercise routine I would be doing even better. I work my 2nd job tonight, so I'll be running my butt off for 3 hours tonight. I'm thinking ahead, so I already have my gym bag packed for tomorrow night after work!

Meals planned for the day....

Breakfast:
Raisin bran cereal with 2% milk
a banana
1 cup cofffee with fat free vanilla creamer

Lunch:
Pulled pork on a wheat tortilla
fresh fruit

Dinner:
a Lunchable
an apple

Snacks:
94% fat free popcorn
and/or yogurt

Make it a great day y'all
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 AM   #2055
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfMadeMan View Post
I've had a craving for fresh spring rolls for over a week...
One of my favs at the chinese buffet. the other night I got some fresh made sushi summer rolls from Publix. sooo good! .. and I imagine more healthier than spring rolls, at least the fried ones. It is 232 calories for 2. However they do have carbs, sugar, and the fav addition of chinese food - sodium! I guess once every few months isn't gonna kill you and will satisfy your craving, could be worse! hehe.

Happy Monday everybody! It's a sunny week here, so I imagine I'm gonna be walking/running a lot, hopefully on the beautiful beach.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 08:20 AM   #2056
ruffryder

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
guy ones
Relationship Status:

Thanked 9,678 Times in 2,875 Posts
ruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputationruffryder Has the BEST Reputation

Pinkie, ever try Dr Pepper Ten ? It is actually pretty good and doesn't take away that regular flavor of a Dr. Pepper.
ruffryder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ruffryder For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 08:33 AM   #2057
SelfMadeMan

How Do You Identify?:
Transsexual Man
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married to The Woman of My Dreams <3

Thanked 2,669 Times in 527 Posts
SelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST ReputationSelfMadeMan Has the BEST Reputation
Default For Anyone Struggling to Get There...

Don't stress about the destination or be put off by the length of the journey.
Every day is a step towards your goal Love y'all!!
Have a great week!
SelfMadeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SelfMadeMan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #2058
PinkieLee

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
I need ya boo, gotta see ya boo

Thanked 13,087 Times in 3,051 Posts
PinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST ReputationPinkieLee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffryder View Post
Pinkie, ever try Dr Pepper Ten ? It is actually pretty good and doesn't take away that regular flavor of a Dr. Pepper.
No, I haven't tried the Dr Pepper Ten... honestly, I don't think that I have ever seen it around here! I'm tell you, when I gave up Diet Coke, it was one of the hardest things ever! If I were to drink one Diet Coke now, I'ld end up drinking a 6 pack! Luckily, I can drink one Dr Pepper and be ok with that and switch right back to my water and/or iced tea.
PinkieLee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PinkieLee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2011, 10:34 AM   #2059
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Wow Rockin that's really great! For ME, I am on less than 20 carbs a day and it's melting off, I am not allowed to be on the scale (old issues) so I am guessing by my clothes that I am down about 8-10 pounds. What I love? Seeing my muscles again, I was pouring my coffee this morning and I saw the muscles in my forearms!

The only way to lose weight on a low carb diet is to go into Ketosis, and the only way to test that is with ketostix, are you doing that? Tomorrow will be two weeks on induction, thank GOD and I can start having a little more, but this two week detox has felt great! I have energy and like I said I feel more toned already, and all I do is farm work for exercise.

Being a diabetic your diet is crucial so be very careful with it! You can also look up Atkins food list and there are lots of things you can have, like I add a slice of cream cheese here and there, went out to eat with the fam last night, ordered a wonderful juicy burger with cheese (no bun please) and a salad, I was so stuffed I could not finish it.

The BEST part? Everyone was having warm fresh garlic bread and butter, I had no desire for it in the least. I also *visualize* things I can't have as something disgusting.
Morning Dee
I doubt im in ketosis or if I am its barely on the scale,for a while I was doing 40 carbs a day but my doc near had a fit..said I wasnt eating enough.On many days I can get by on way ess that I should be geting..im expected to have 148 carbs a day,no way can I do that and feel near human..it really foggs up my brain cells.I have a free food list and diet sodas are on it but I only have one or two a day then drink at least three 20oz bottles of water.I dont think im loseing weight fast enough but I am droping a fue pounds at the time.One thing I know for shure is that when I was up to age 40 could do very well on 20 carbs but now it dosent work to well cause it makes me feel really crapy with headache's a bit dizzy and off center...I think its an agae thing or me needing to watch sugar leveals cause of me being pre diabetic.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #2060
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Morning Dee
I doubt im in ketosis or if I am its barely on the scale,for a while I was doing 40 carbs a day but my doc near had a fit..said I wasnt eating enough.On many days I can get by on way ess that I should be geting..im expected to have 148 carbs a day,no way can I do that and feel near human..it really foggs up my brain cells.I have a free food list and diet sodas are on it but I only have one or two a day then drink at least three 20oz bottles of water.I dont think im loseing weight fast enough but I am droping a fue pounds at the time.One thing I know for shure is that when I was up to age 40 could do very well on 20 carbs but now it dosent work to well cause it makes me feel really crapy with headache's a bit dizzy and off center...I think its an agae thing or me needing to watch sugar leveals cause of me being pre diabetic.
Hey Rockin

Yes, diabetics like us have to be careful. The eating plans and/or diets that work for non-diabetics can be dangerous for us.

I've really cut down on carbs...eating the equivalent of 2 slices of whole wheat bread and 1 small potato or ear of corn a day, plus a couple servings of whole fruit (no juice).

It's making me lose weight (slowly), but I couldn't cut it any lower and be safe. I've had several "low sugar" episodes that made me reach for a couple ounces of orange juice to get me back into a safe place.

It's important to remember that ketosis is a natural process that occurs when you're burning fat for energy instead of carbs. However, ketones are toxic acids. Healthy people can handle that (mostly). In diabetics, too many ketones can throw you into diabetic ketoacidosis...which can lead to coma and death.

Warning signs are nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, "fruity" smelling breath and breathlessness. If you cut carbs dramatically, exercise hard and are diabetic....you can push yourself into this very dangerous situation.

I vote for slow and steady...especially for us diabetics.