RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

I vacillate between reading research on creatively gifted learners, and students with traumatic brain injuries and how the brain learns.

One of these will be my major research project (not that i needed one to graduate, but I WANTED a major research project to move on to a PhD).

Lets just say that my faculty chair loves my idea and where I am going....and another faculty member already jumped on board to help in any way she could! I think they are fighting for me! lol

good to be wanted!!
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #3242
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm starting Evvie Drake Starts Over next, as soon as I finish up this post-apocalyptic police procedural The Wild Dead by Carrie Vaughn. It has been a pretty good beach read, if you like female detectives mixed with post-apocalyptic speculative fiction. The world Carrie Vaughn has created with this, the second novel in a new series, is pretty interesting. The first book in the series is Bannerless. She raises some interesting questions about morality and society's responsibilities in a world with limited resources.
I am reading BANNERLESS now, and listening to UNCLOBBER, by Colby Martin:

UnClobber: Rethinking Our Misuse of the Bible on Homosexuality: Churches in America are experiencing an unprecedented fracturing due to their belief and attitude toward the LGBTQ community. Armed with only six passages in the Bible often known as the "clobber passages" the traditional Christian position has been one that stands against the full inclusion of our LGBTQ brothers and sisters. Unclobber reexamines each of those frequently quoted passages of Scripture, alternating with author Colby Martin's own story of being fired from an evangelical megachurch when they discovered his stance on sexuality.

UnClobber reexamines what the Bible says (and does not say) about homosexuality in such a way that breathes fresh life into outdated and inaccurate assumptions and interpretations.

It is interesting but i am kind of over the whole idea of trying to find a way to fit ourselves into the Bible. Let the clobber passages stand as they are, and understand that the real project lies in getting people to accept that God's creation is also a Bible, and that areas where the written word contradicts the created word should be resolved in favor of the created, as the written word bears the taint of human corruption and should be questioned.
Old 09-22-2019, 09:23 AM   #3243
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I didn't get very far with reading the book by Colson Whitehead.

It is soooo triggery, I just can't read it. I will most likely take this lovely book to the library and see if they'd like to have it (which I'm sure they will).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 07:00 PM   #3244
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading a book that I may have gotten the rec for here. If so, thank you very much to whoever recommended it.

It's _Adventures in the Screen Trade_ by William Goldman. Yes, that William Goldman - _The Princess Bride_, _All The President's Men_, _Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid_. It's about how his books were made into screenplays and then into movies. It's pretty eye-opening about the ins-and-outs of film production.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 07:20 PM   #3245
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
I'm reading a book that I may have gotten the rec for here. If so, thank you very much to whoever recommended it.

It's _Adventures in the Screen Trade_ by William Goldman. Yes, that William Goldman - _The Princess Bride_, _All The President's Men_, _Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid_. It's about how his books were made into screenplays and then into movies. It's pretty eye-opening about the ins-and-outs of film production.
I've got a treat for you, my sister friend, Georgia!

Have you ever heard of Dead Pilot's Society?

Dead Pilots Society
with Andrew Reich and Ben Blacker

In Dead Pilots Society, scripts that were developed by studios and networks but were never produced are given the table reads they deserve. Starring actors you know and love from television and film, a live audience, and a good time in which no one gets notes, no one is fired, and everyone laughs. Presented by Andrew Reich (Friends; Worst Week) and Ben Blacker (The Writers Panel podcast; co-creator, Thrilling Adventure Hour).

You can find it online, by scrolling down the page, at: www.maximumfun.org/shows/culture

The main page (www.maximumfun.org) has all types of awesome podcasts, like....

Oh No, Ross & Carrie ( this podcast is super funny, lots of laughter)….

Who Shot Ya? (this podcast is about films and movies)

.. just to name a couple of them. It's a fun place to find podcasts of a wide variety of interest.

_____ ______
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2019, 07:33 PM   #3246
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

between these:

Theory and Practice of Counseling and Psychotherapy

and

Essentials of Specific Learning Disability Identification
Old 09-23-2019, 06:08 AM   #3247
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I had come across some summer book club suggestions and had to put all three of them on a wait list. Well, one by one they came available, finally!
First, just finished, The Nickel Boys, written by Colson Whitehead.
I thought it was a very good story, his style of storytelling, keep me very interested.

My second, I'll be starting this week, Ask Again, Yes, written by Mary Beth Keane. A new York Times bestseller, about a two families, the bond between their children, a tragedy that reverberates over 4 decades, daily intimacies of marriage and the power of forgiveness. This book was recommended by Jimmy Fallon's list.

And the third, I'll be picking up today. Whisper Network, written by Chandler Baker. About four powerful women working in corporate America, who band together to stop the whispers in sexual harassment and assault in the workplace. Part page turning thriller, part smart examination of the #MeToo, part feminist ralling cry. Good beach read, even as we enter fall..lol. This was a pick by Reese Witherspoon.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2019, 07:37 AM   #3248
firecat242

How Do You Identify?:
Woman first...anything after that is on a need to know basis.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I am in a committed relationship with myself.

firecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputationfirecat242 Has the BEST Reputation

the last days at hot slit by andrea dworkin. wow do we need this women now! It has prompted me to get some of her other work....intercourse and women hating. what she was saying the 70's and 80's still holds true. the times they may be changing but not at a very fast pace.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:04 PM   #3249
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I’m reading ‘The Travelers’ by Regina Porter, it’s a fantastic multi-generational, multi-threaded family story that spans multiple decades in Modern American history. It reads like a screenplay, has as many interwoven characters as Marquez novel, and delves into deep waters addressing racism and multiracial family dynamics with a deftness that is pretty damn remarkable. I’d say this novel was overlooked by all the big awards committees.

I’ve also had the pleasure of reading some of the widely lauded new novels
Ocean Vuong’s genre breaking “On Earth We’re Briefly Gorgeous” should be a part of the queer canon. It is truly remarkable.

I devoured Margaret Atwood’s “The Testaments” within a couple of days and was not at all disappointed, but completely enthralled. I also saw her National Theatre simulcast reading the day it was published.

I just sped-read Ann Patchett’s “The Dutch House” in 2.5 days - she’s a brilliant weaver of stories.

And I throughly enjoyed Elizabeth Gilbert’s newest “City of Girls” - a wonderful story of courageous women breaking the rules, and a fabulous romp through New York theatre world in the mid century.

And now... I’m impatiently awaiting the publication of “The Secret Commonwealth” Philip Pullman’s second in the prequel/sequel series that sandwiches the ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy.

Edited to add: typos are due to (a) my iPhone which is not terribly smart (b) my suddenly and rapidly deteriorating 45yr old eyesight.
Old 10-04-2019, 12:41 AM   #3250
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecat242 View Post
the last days at hot slit by andrea dworkin. wow do we need this women now! It has prompted me to get some of her other work....intercourse and women hating. what she was saying the 70's and 80's still holds true. the times they may be changing but not at a very fast pace.
There are a few lesbian separatist writers that were popular back in the 70s-80s. I was fortunate to have been in college during that period.

Got into separatism pretty heavy until...The book by a collective named SAMOIS who published "Coming to Power" that caused a large rift between SM Leatherdykes and "mainstream" lesbian seps. Many Womyn's bookstores refusing to order any lesbian SM book titles. The two cities where I saw the largest engagement between the two factions were Albuquerque and Chicago.

Other separatist authors of note and worth reading are Sarah Lucia Hoagland, Mary Daly, and Whittig among others.
Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 PM   #3251
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

A Lie
A Memoir of Two Marriages, Catfishing, and Coming Out

By William Dameron

And I have 3 more titles on hold. One is number 98 out of 99. I'll be reading that one next year, lol.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2019, 06:56 AM   #3252
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool "Coming to Power" [SAMOIS] vs. Lesbian seps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
There are a few lesbian separatist writers that were popular back in the 70s-80s. I was fortunate to have been in college during that period.

Got into separatism pretty heavy until...The book by a collective named SAMOIS who published "Coming to Power" that caused a large rift between SM Leatherdykes and "mainstream" lesbian seps. Many Womyn's bookstores refusing to order any lesbian SM book titles. The two cities where I saw the largest engagement between the two factions were Albuquerque and Chicago.

Other separatist authors of note and worth reading are Sarah Lucia Hoagland, Mary Daly, and Whittig among others.
So, I am curious to understand what about "Coming to Power" influenced you towards SM or against seps? The word "until" caught my attention. Not sure I am phrasing the question correctly. But obviously, this book altered and moved you towards... towards what? Wonders what would your life been had you not read this book...? I say this because I don't think that just reading one book would alter the direction of one's life. Obviously there was something already in you that responded to something in that book.
Please understand I have not read this book.
Of course, I am vanilla - my empathy and sensitivity would preclude any involvement in SM. It was always so strong that even as a child, my parents would not mention to me any fact of anyone in the family who was sick or dying etc. since they were nervous about my reaction. I was always told afterwards, even years afterwards that someone had died. My parents were so dysfunctional... lol. Find it funny now.
Just curious. Thanks just for reading this, and for your consideration, anyways always interesting to read your posts.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:19 PM   #3253
Wrang1er

How Do You Identify?:
Me, myself and I

1 Highscore

Thanked 7,085 Times in 1,355 Posts
Wrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST ReputationWrang1er Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrang1er View Post
I just finished The Honey Bus by Meredith May. I LOVED this book. I highly recommend it.

I am just starting Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.
I finally finished Norwegian Wood. It took me forever to get into the book. I actually stopped and read a few other books instead. However, I did pick it up again and finally it held my interest. I found myself wondering throughout the book where it was all headed. I can't say I've read anything like it before. The very end is bizarre. I actually googled it to see how others interpreted it. I would read this author again now that I am more prepared for his writing style.

Greco...you were right!
Wrang1er is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wrang1er For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 06:41 AM   #3254
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
November issue of Chicago Magazine......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2019, 09:23 AM   #3255
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

A lot of sci-fi this week. Just finished these 2 (first via audio, second via print)

The Future of Another Timeline, By Annalee Newitz
From Annalee Newitz, founding editor of io9, comes a story of time travel, murder, and the lengths we'll go to protect the ones we love.

1992: After a confrontation at a riot grrl concert, seventeen-year-old Beth finds herself in a car with her friend's abusive boyfriend dead in the backseat, agreeing to help her friends hide the body. This murder sets Beth and her friends on a path of escalating violence and vengeance as they realize many other young women in the world need protecting too.

2022: Determined to use time travel to create a safer future, Tess has dedicated her life to visiting key moments in history and fighting for change. But rewriting the timeline isn’t as simple as editing one person or event. And just when Tess believes she's found a way to make an edit that actually sticks, she encounters a group of dangerous travelers bent on stopping her at any cost.

Tess and Beth’s lives intertwine as war breaks out across the timeline--a war that threatens to destroy time travel and leave only a small group of elites with the power to shape the past, present, and future. Against the vast and intricate forces of history and humanity, is it possible for a single person’s actions to echo throughout the timeline?
The Quiet War, By Paul Mcauley
Twenty-third century Earth, ravaged by climate change, looks backwards to the holy ideal of a pre-industrial Eden. Political power has been grabbed by a few powerful families and their green saints. Millions of people are imprisoned in teeming cities; millions more labour on Pharaonic projects to rebuild ruined ecosystems. On the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, the Outers, descendants of refugees from Earth's repressive regimes, have constructed a wild variety of self-sufficient cities and settlements: scientific utopias crammed with exuberant creations of the genetic arts; the last outposts of every kind of democratic tradition.

The fragile detente between the Outer cities and the dynasties of Earth is threatened by the ambitions of the rising generation of Outers, who want to break free of their cosy, inward-looking pocket paradises, colonise the rest of the Solar System, and drive human evolution in a hundred new directions. On Earth, many demand pre-emptive action against the Outers before it's too late; others want to exploit the talents of their scientists and gene wizards. Amid campaigns for peace and reconciliation, political machinations, crude displays of military might, and espionage by cunningly wrought agents, the two branches of humanity edge towards war . . .
Old 10-26-2019, 05:01 PM   #3256
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

In the middle of Stephen King's "The Outsider"

Finished his "Elevate" and "The Institute" these last two weeks. Next is the free one I received for being a Amazon Prime member - Janelle Harris "Under Lying"
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:53 AM   #3257
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_arrow View Post
In the middle of Stephen King's "The Outsider"

Finished his "Elevate" and "The Institute" these last two weeks. Next is the free one I received for being a Amazon Prime member - Janelle Harris "Under Lying"
I am reading Cujo right now for one of my book clubs. I hadn't read any Stephen King since the 90s but i plowed through the first half without even looking up.

For many years i was a snob about genre fiction and horror fiction especially, but King is finding whole new generations of readers now and everything you read about him as a person is just so wonderful. I may read a whole bunch more!
Old 10-27-2019, 10:35 AM   #3258
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
settled and content

The Body Keeps the Score
Old 10-27-2019, 06:05 PM   #3259
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I am reading Cujo right now for one of my book clubs. I hadn't read any Stephen King since the 90s but i plowed through the first half without even looking up.

For many years i was a snob about genre fiction and horror fiction especially, but King is finding whole new generations of readers now and everything you read about him as a person is just so wonderful. I may read a whole bunch more!
I love King and have been reading him for 20 years!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 10:29 PM   #3260
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Before I go see Edward Norton's movie Motherless Brooklyn, I am going to read a 1974 classic biography written by Robert Caro: The Power Broker: Robert Moses and the Fall of New York.

It's biographic account of Robert Moses' life and how his prejudice toward people of color was baked into the fabric of structure of bridges and road ways of the surrounding NYC area. It's an period piece which examines how corruption can harm cities. I am on the wait list for the book and hope to read it soon.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 10-31-2019 at 10:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading