Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation
Default Motorcycles and motorcyclists

Let's talk about bikes! What do you ride, and how long have you been riding? Is there a bike you've been lusting after? Are you a member of a club or motorcycle group? How did you learn to ride?
Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM   #2
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

I started riding when I was a baby dyke in the Navy stationed in San Diego in 1992. I didnt want a car, so I bought an old 1982 Suzuki 450 and after the guy I bought it from sat in my driveway and explained to me how to work everything, I self-taught the rest of the way. I guess I figured since I already knew how to drive a stick, riding a bike should be a piece of cake.

Man 21 year olds have no fear. lol

I had that bike for maybe a year and it broke down so I bought another old bike, a 1982 Honday Magna 750 and rode that one for a few years while living first in San Diego and then up near Fresno (NAS Lemoore, CA) until about 1997 when I decided to move back to IL. I very sadly traded in my bike for a car and then didnt ride again until 2010.

In 2010 I decided it was time to start riding again and I got a Suzuki Marauder 800:

I rode that around for a couple of years - until this past fall when I decided that I shouldnt ride any longer because I no longer had the strength to hold it up & I miss her already.

If I can afford to get another one, it will be a trike so I can still ride but dont have to worry about holding the bike up, balance issues, etc.

I never joined any clubs, but I considered it - and my dream bike is a Harley Dyna Wide Glide - but again, I would need a trike at this point if I was going to continue to ride, so my new dream is something similar to this:

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

This weekend was the once a year International Motorcycle Show here in NYC. I always get so jazzed up, even when the show is just so-so. All the new models are on display, and you can sit on everything. I'm just bursting with thoughts about all things motorcycle related, so I decided to start a thread.

I ride a Yamaha '01 FZ1, an '04 R6, (track-only), and an EX500 as a spare street bike. I used to have a bunch more bikes in my backyard, some of which could have been coaxed into running with a little time and patience, but they were drowned under 6' of salt water in Hurricane Sandy. I'm thrilled that I saved the three running bikes.

I started riding in San Francisco in 1981. A friend taught me to ride in a parking lot, and I almost immediately took off for home, (NYC), on my first solo cross country ride. It was a glorious, circuitous amble up, down, and around the U.S. and Canada. Learning to ride a motorcycle was about the best thing I ever did for myself.

I'm a founding member of the Sirens Women's Motorcycle Club in NYC. We've led the NYC Pride Parade every year since 1987. I'm the founder of a political organisation that works for riders in New York. We work on issues such as rider safety, parking, lane-sharing legislation, etc. I'm also a track day devotee. That means we take our bikes to the racetrack and ride around all day just for fun and skills enhancement. (No racing allowed.) I'm a track day instructor for Fishtail Riding School.

The object of my lust right now is a BMW S100RR. It's got electronic everything. I don't understand any of it, and I don't care. I rode one at the track, and I've never looked so good. That bike made me ride like a superhero. I want one!
Old 01-20-2013, 09:58 PM   #4
durrrrrrrr

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
he , him

Thanked 10,217 Times in 2,504 Posts
durrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputationdurrrrrrrr Has the BEST Reputation

I have a Harley Sportster. i have had this bike for yearsss. yes, i want to get a new bike and get either a Dyna wide glide or softail deluxe. but, i have had this sportster for so long. i know this bike, i know how it handles and how it reacts. which to me, is very important.

i just moved south a couple years ago and the first year, i put more miles on my bike in 3 months then what i did in a full year when i lived up north. love the thought of firing up the bike in January!

dont belong in any clubs or anything like that. i like riding alone. i know if i want to turn somewhere, i just do it. i dont mind riding with someone else. but just not a big fan of riding with several people.

when i first started riding, i did take a riding course for three reasons . i figured that could teach me something that i would help me out and the company i worked for paid for the riding course and it also gave me a discount on my insurance for the bike. ( which that doesnt go in effect anymore ) the one thing that the course did teach me was how to prepare myself for trailing a passenger. they told me to put a big ole bad of dog food on the back, strap it down and that will help me get the feel of turning, riding the curves , it will help me feel the weight in the back. well, i did that once. i put the bag of dog food on the back, tied it down. and i was going through a neighborhood, riding slow speed and all of a sudden every freakin dog in the neighborhood was chasing me...i was like WTF? i am use to a dog or two, but this many??? i didnt know until i got home that they bag of dog food had gotten a hole in it and trails of dog food was dropping onto the street..LMAO. which is why i had sooo many dogs chasing me for food. LMAO.

I LOVE riding! i love the peace and quiet. i feel relaxed, well, when riding out in the country. now riding in the city or town....I am paying attn to every single move any vehicle makes. cant tell ya how many times i have had to swerve, slam on my brakes...just because ppl didnt see me. but, that has also taught me when i am driving my truck, that the bikes are out there...be aware and pay attn!

good thread!

well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit
durrrrrrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to durrrrrrrr For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 10:15 PM   #5
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch (Silver Fox) Dom Daddi
Preferred Pronoun?:
50 Shades of Clay Darker & Deeper
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Thanked 31,672 Times in 7,710 Posts
clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

hey Cheryl...GREAT thread idea!!
Above is an image of my exact bike (except mine was a gun metal grey with Navy metaflake insets on fenders. All else is exact same. Nice beefy cruiser.....
I began riding in Atlanta in 1990...my first ride was a Honda 650..gold and black..lol.
In 2005 I began to ride again with my wife (who is now an angel.....)
We started the local chapter of W.O.W. (Women On Wheels (r)) which is a motorcycle group for women. Our Chapter was B.R.A.T.S. (Babes Riding Around the South). I was Chapter Director for our chapter from onset to dissolution in 2011. We held monthly meetings and then rode to many great destinations. We had 24 members.
A debilitating accident May 2006 left me with permanent disability, and inability to ride any more. BUT I still drove my "cage" and attended all meetings and went on all rides....
We rode in our local parades, raised money for many local charities, and made huge donations to CAPA and Coda (shelters for women & kids).
Yes, I do miss it, and there is nothing like the freedom of riding with the wind blowing your hair, being free to enjoy open countryside.
I did attend and pass a local motorcycle course training. I am still with my Trike license, and I keep my motorcycle license current (renew every year)Thanks for the memories, Cheryl. Yours are incredible. Keep the rubber side down and the breeze between your knees, my friend!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #6
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanks for the pics Parker and Clay. I wish I knew how to post some of my own in this thread. (Don't bother to explain it. I'm really horrible at this.) I hope you both are able to get trikes sometime soon.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #7
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

clay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputationclay Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
Thanks for the pics Parker and Clay. I wish I knew how to post some of my own in this thread. (Don't bother to explain it. I'm really horrible at this.) I hope you both are able to get trikes sometime soon.
It is easy to post pics, Cheryl....
You are most welcome. What was sad is the lady who hit me was 81 yr. old, she made an illegal lane change, an illegal U Turn, and left the scene...all she got was a $237.50 fine for Failure To Yield Right of Way.
It happened right in front of the hospital my wife worked in teh ER at, and she was behind me on her bike, and watched the whole thing unfold. I slid another 75 feet on the pavement before I got stopped...so, yes, I am really leery of "cagers" and bikes now....
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #8
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Cheryl! Great thread!

I'm now on a Honda VTX 1300C and recently celebrated a goal long in the making. After 5 cross country trips and twice to Alaska I had the opportunity to fly to Hawaii where I had to (unfortunately) rent a bike finally. But it enabled me to finish my goal of riding through all 50 states! And this is a beautiful country to ride through.

The first 3 trips were on a 1985 Yamaha Virago 700c I still have that bike. My longest lasting relationship After that a Suzuki 1500LC Intruder to a Harley Softtail Deluxe to my present VTX. I also have an old Honda Twinstar that I'm about to start rebuilding.

I'm one of 3 founding members of Crimson Steel Women's Motorcycle Club with members in Texas, Washington and California
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #9
-Red-Flag-

How Do You Identify?:
.Butch.

Thanked 3,609 Times in 929 Posts
-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation-Red-Flag- Has the BEST Reputation

Great thread !!!

My first bike, 1991 Honda CBR 600 ... Go fast or go home was that bikes motto, I loved that bike, even after a horrific accident on it I had it fixed and I kept it. That was my baby, I kept it for years in the garage till this boy kept bugging me to sell it. So I did, I weeped a little on the inside when I heard he lasted a few months and sold it. Had I known, I would have bought it back.

My second bike, 2006 Honda VTX1300R, loved loved that bike.. The big retro style with the rounded fenders. I called it my poor mans fatboy. I kept that bike for two years and sold it.

My third bike 2007 Harley Davidson Road King, my second baby. That was my gem, pearl white. I remember getting that bike, I bought it from my StepDad because, my mother didnt like riding on the back of it. So, his loss my gain. I made a few mods on it. I added a full fairing system so it looked like a StreetGlide. I rode it just this past summer 3500 miles round trip in one weeks to tame 'The Tail of the Dragon' in NC. I loved that bike.

My fourth and recently acquired bike on Halloween this year. 2012 Harley Davidson Road Glide. Big Yellow/ShortBus. Shes big, shes yellow. Shes, something. I saw this bike and I fell in love instantly. You know as being a biker, if your ass aint happy you aint going to be happy on a bike. Well when I took it for a ride, my ass was happy. Now she sits in the garage, waiting for that nice day to take a peek at the roads. I am looking foward to putting some miles on her. I traded in the Road King with 37K miles for this bike. points below for what my new bike looks like. I had a pic in the gallery, but I took it down a while ago.

As for clubs, I am a founding member of the local woman's riding chapter here in Maine and currently the Director. Its a division of WOW, the same as what Clay was associated with.

Again Cheryl, thanks for starting this thread.

Maybe, we all can hook up for a lil BFP ride in .. some time. I know I can hit NYC pretty easily.

I know this summer, I am trying to make Americade and trying to convince my friends to ship our bikes the California to do a one way cross country.

We will see what the future holds, but be certain, I maybe coming to a city near you !!!

looking forward to all the replies and other peoples stories and rides.

You will always be fond of me. I represent all the sins you never had the courage to commit.--Oscar Wilde

Everything in the world is about sex, except sex. Sex is about power.--Oscar Wilde

I want to fill my mouth with your name.— Pablo Neruda

-Red-Flag- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to -Red-Flag- For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #10
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Red-Flag- View Post
Great thread !!!

Maybe, we all can hook up for a lil BFP ride in .. some time. I know I can hit NYC pretty easily.

I know this summer, I am trying to make Americade and trying to convince my friends to ship our bikes the California to do a one way cross country.

We will see what the future holds, but be certain, I maybe coming to a city near you !!!

A BFP ride-in would be waaay fun. I wonder if Virago and Parker, (after she gets her trike), would ride to the E. Coast to join us?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:25 PM   #11
clay
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
married to my forever

Member Photo Albums

My apologies for the size of the bike I posted. I don't like these big pics, they interrupt the flow of a thread...so please know I apologize....
Old 01-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #12
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylNYC View Post
A BFP ride-in would be waaay fun. I wonder if Virago and Parker, (after she gets her trike), would ride to the E. Coast to join us?
Cheryl, I'd ride back in a New York Minute! I'm overdue for a tune-up on my New York accent anyway
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #13
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay View Post
My apologies for the size of the bike I posted. I don't like these big pics, they interrupt the flow of a thread...so please know I apologize....

Hey Clay!
How do you post a photo in the threads?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #14
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Wheels go round and round...

My neighbor started me on a "tote-goat" in an apple orchard, 6th grade.
I hit a tree.

I used to ride my neighbors Suzuki 250, until I ran through a fence post and broke my leg in the 9th grade.

Totaled my first Work Issued Motorcycle when I got hit by an 80 year old.. bruised legs from handle bars and a sprained wrist ! I shoulda gotten the hint somewhere in there but ... I keep riding

I've owned so many motorcycles, from trail to racing to sport to sport touring to touring, but I currently ride a
BMW F650 Dakar. I take it up to Canada, Alaska, NW Territories and the Yukon for my dual sport adventures. Currently planning on riding the Backroads discovery route >> here<< this summer.
I have a Road King, that I ride daily at work.
I am looking to buy a Harley Davidson Ultra Touring motorcycle to replace the one I sold last year

I dont belong to any clubs or organizations and I normally dont ride with groups, I'm the one escorting them !
I'll post pictures in the Gallery of some of work, my trips and bikes.

Great thread ! Thanks for starting it !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #15
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
My neighbor started me on a "tote-goat" in an apple orchard, 6th grade.
I hit a tree.

I used to ride my neighbors Suzuki 250, until I ran through a fence post and broke my leg in the 9th grade.

Totaled my first Work Issued Motorcycle when I got hit by an 80 year old.. bruised legs from handle bars and a sprained wrist ! I shoulda gotten the hint somewhere in there but ... I keep riding

I've owned so many motorcycles, from trail to racing to sport to sport touring to touring, but I currently ride a
BMW F650 Dakar. I take it up to Canada, Alaska, NW Territories and the Yukon for my dual sport adventures. Currently planning on riding the Backroads discovery route >> here<< this summer.
I have a Road King, that I ride daily at work.
I am looking to buy a Harley Davidson Ultra Touring motorcycle to replace the one I sold last year

I dont belong to any clubs or organizations and I normally dont ride with groups, I'm the one escorting them !
I'll post pictures in the Gallery of some of work, my trips and bikes.

Great thread ! Thanks for starting it !
Boots, I made it 40 miles before the NW territory! I have to get back up there. I made it to Eagles Landing (I think that's the name) up by the Arctic Circle
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 12:33 AM   #16
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I started riding only a couple of years ago after my partner died, I decided that life was too short. Plus I hadn't been allowed to ride before that. hahaha

I bought myself a 2003 Honda Shadow American Classic Edition. Similar to the one in the picture except mine was all red and chrome. I loved that bike.

Unfortunately last summer I slid it off the highway. I hadn't eaten all day and we had been riding for hours. I zoned out and was onto the shoulder before it registered that it was a corner. I was very lucky as it was a soft shoulder and I was wearing all my gear. A couple of broken ribs a small bit of road rash on the hip and the expensive repairs (I didn't want to go through insurance as a new rider, it would have cost me more in the long run).

When I first started riding I took a course that the guys recommended. They had a lot of women there and they were excellent. It helped a lot.

I sold my bike before my move and was gong to replace it when I got out here but now I am moving back and most likely won't have time to ride for a while with all that is going on there. I will ride again though.

I would like something a bit smaller, I have weak hands and I struggled under the weight of that bike.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 AM   #17
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Cool thread

I got a bonanza mini bike when I was 10' then I got a Honda 90 2 years later.....fast forward many bikes later...Honda cmt ,sportsters,kit bikes....

And now my 2006 dynamic wide glide with Vance Hines drag pipes...

I,m good to go....appx 9 trips to sturgis and I am a 11 years patched member of the iron pigs.

Gonna get a fat boy to go along with my wide glide.

I also have a Honda riding lawn mower lol.... It's a cruiser!

Gotta love 2 wheels
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 04:47 AM   #18
Parker
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Butch. Lesbian. Dyke. Woman. Female.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, of course!
Relationship Status:
Content

Thanked 11,730 Times in 2,432 Posts
Parker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST ReputationParker Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrrrrrrr View Post
when i first started riding, i did take a riding course for three reasons . i figured that could teach me something that i would help me out and the company i worked for paid for the riding course and it also gave me a discount on my insurance for the bike. ( which that doesnt go in effect anymore ) the one thing that the course did teach me was how to prepare myself for trailing a passenger. they told me to put a big ole bad of dog food on the back, strap it down and that will help me get the feel of turning, riding the curves , it will help me feel the weight in the back. well, i did that once. i put the bag of dog food on the back, tied it down. and i was going through a neighborhood, riding slow speed and all of a sudden every freakin dog in the neighborhood was chasing me...i was like WTF? i am use to a dog or two, but this many??? i didnt know until i got home that they bag of dog food had gotten a hole in it and trails of dog food was dropping onto the street..LMAO. which is why i had sooo many dogs chasing me for food. LMAO.
This was funny - and it reminded me that while I taught myself how to ride, I also took a motorcycle safety course. I was in the Navy and at the time, the only way you could ride a motorcycle on base was (s) if you wore long pants, hard soled shoes, a helmet, long sleeves, a reflective vest, and goggles; and (b) if you took a motorcycle safety course provided on base.

So I took the day-long course and got to learn quite a few things that helped me to be safer out there while riding - I still remember most of it.

-----

Also - for those who want to post pics in threads but dont know how, I made --->this post<--- in the "Members Helping Members" thread with step-by-step instructions -- I included pics because I am a visual person.
Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Parker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
This was funny - and it reminded me that while I taught myself how to ride, I also took a motorcycle safety course. I was in the Navy and at the time, the only way you could ride a motorcycle on base was (s) if you wore long pants, hard soled shoes, a helmet, long sleeves, a reflective vest, and goggles; and (b) if you took a motorcycle safety course provided on base.

So I took the day-long course and got to learn quite a few things that helped me to be safer out there while riding - I still remember most of it.

-----

I had been riding for quite awhile before I finally took a course. When we started the Sirens we made a rule that everyone had to have taken a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course at least once in order to join. Those of us who were already members took it as a group at a school where one of our founding members was an MSF instructor. I had no idea how many things I had been doing wrong! I've been eager to take classes and hone my skills ever since.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:11 PM   #20
Boots13

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No

Thanked 2,315 Times in 428 Posts
Boots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST ReputationBoots13 Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Safety , Passengers, Experiences, Scooters ?

I wonder if we can expand this thread into safety and personal experiences? There is so much valuable experience here! I had no idea !

I'd love to also hear from passengers and their experiences ..what makes them feel comfortable? Why they enjoy riding?

LOL, I love Motorcycles, scooters, trail bikes, lawn mowers (firegal, you cracked me up with that one) wheels and a motor counts !
Boots13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Boots13 For This Useful Post:

Tags
bikes, riding