Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 02-24-2018, 08:01 PM   #121
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

The brilliant Anna Deavere Smith's 'Notes from the Field' on HBO.

https://www.hbo.com/hbo-news/notes-f...d-announcement
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 02-25-2018, 03:38 AM   #122
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,369 Times in 4,171 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I'm watching Vera, a British cop show, right now. It's a little dark for me, but I love the main character.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #123
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,399 Times in 4,049 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Making it grow(ETV)
Flavor NC
Moonshiners

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 05:29 PM   #124
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

I have cable tv again so tonight I’m watching The Chi and will watch or stream Last Week Tonight with John Oliver.

I also have Pluto TV through Roku and will finish watching a documentary on Bullying I started watching this morning.
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #125
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

I'm re-watching The Fosters on Netflix. I also watch This Is Us, Designated Survivor, Scandal, Will and Grace, Chicago Med and Chicago Fire, among others I may or may not be ashamed to name lol.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 02:47 PM   #126
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

So many great shows.

I am enjoying and appreciating Being Serena. It is a documentary about the terrific Serena Williams. It's on Wednesday nights on HBO. I think I just finished episode 3. It includes her pregnancy, her marriage and coming back from almost dying after a pulmonary embolism following the emergency C-section of the baby. What an athlete!

I think Westworld is amazing. Last season I did not totally "get" what was going on. I do now but don't know where it is headed! Sunday nights, HBO. Oh, Silicon Valley. An absolute crack-up but I think this past Sunday was the end of this season.

On Showtime, new shows Vida and Sweetbitter. Also, I love Billions. Fantastic show. All on Sunday nights.

Wednesday nights on FX, the last season of the terrific show The Americans. I think Atlanta is terrific, too, but think last Thursday was the end of the season.

I've recorded a bunch of the critically acclaimed show Killing Eve on BBC America but haven't started them yet.

The Handmaid's Tale on Hulu. Scary, dystopian view of a god-fearing, right-wing, USA but excellent. Streaming each Wednesday.

Yes, I watch a lot of TV.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 02:53 PM   #127
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I may of posted about Vida in another thread, but I too am enjoying this new show! In the PNW we get it on the Starz network on Sunday night.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #128
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

I`m currently enjoying The Split on BBC.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2018, 11:18 AM   #129
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I have been throughly enjoying this new series on Starz.

I mistakenly said it was on Showtime previously (thanks Chained Daisy for reminding me!).

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 10:31 AM   #130
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Americans.........

Tonight is the last episode......
Old 05-30-2018, 10:35 AM   #131
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

The last ever episode? I got through the first season and then got busy. I figured I'd binge watch it once the show was cancelled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 10:36 AM   #132
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The last ever episode? I got through the first season and then got busy. I figured I'd binge watch it once the show was cancelled.
Yup.........
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 10:43 AM   #133
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

Trollhunters ... is an animated show by Guillermo del Toro and was nominated for a daytime Emmy. Wow right?! lol I confess, I'm not convinced that either of those facts validates my watching a kids show but nevertheless ... it's fun!

Oh, and Kelsey Grammer.. of Frasier fame... voices one of the characters!

Old 05-31-2018, 05:45 PM   #134
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I've just started watching DOC MARTIN. Fish outta water trope but still cute. From the UK...

Old 06-02-2018, 10:06 PM   #135
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Getting ready to watch The Letter with Bette Davis on TCM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2018, 05:23 AM   #136
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
IMHO it was one of the dullest endings to a series I've ever seen BUT some writer in The New Yorker raved about it.......
Old 06-10-2018, 12:34 PM   #137
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Monday night..........

Dietland on AMC ...

AMC’s Dietland, developed by Marti Noxon, follows Alicia “Plum” Kettle, a plus-sized woman who finds herself mixed up in a tangle of feminist revolutionaries, cutthroat fashion executives, and terrorists, all while going a journey of self-discovery. The show is broadly faithful to Sarai Walker’s 2015 novel, but it adds a few new characters and revamps plot elements in ways that make Dietland more workable as a serial story.

I've never read the book, but so far I'm enjoying the series very much!
Old 06-29-2018, 07:26 PM   #138
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default Sharp Objects....

Premiers on July 8, 2018 HBO starring Amy Adams and Patricia Clarkson

Reporter Camille Preaker returns to her hometown to cover the murders of two preteen girls; Camille finds herself identifying with the young victims while trying to solve a psychological puzzle from her past.

This is based on the book of the same name written by Gillian Flynn of Gone Girl fame. It is directed by Jean-Marc Vallée who also directed HBO's Big Little Lies.
Old 08-02-2018, 05:15 PM   #139
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation
Default Orange is the New Black Season 6

Has anyone watched the whole season? Thoughts?
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 08-02-2018, 05:47 PM   #140
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Single

I stopped watching Orange about halfway through S2 ... or maybe it was S3 ... because it got boring! Did it pick up? I've been meaning to go back and try it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
Has anyone watched the whole season? Thoughts?