Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Celebrity, Music, Television, Internet Culture

Old 03-13-2011, 02:35 AM   #1
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation
Default Will you please tell me about lesbian, b-f, ftm, etc movies you have enjoyed.

Hi y'all
A recent visit from a friend enlightened me to the fact that I have missed out on many great films I would really like to see. I'd really appreciate it if you would recommend your favorites.

Thanks so much for your help.
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
On good days, in love. On bad days--well, there are no bad days with hym...

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Wink Lesbian Movie List

Oh do I have a lesbian film for you to watch---

Claire of the Moon

But Wait-- You mentioned the word "enjoy" and I would not say that I "enjoyed" this film very much per se...but it is a lesbian film.

This film was a "must see" for all new housemates in the Santa Cruz Radical Lesbian Seperatist Commune*** that I lived in when I was very young.

If you decide to watch it, you may want to include a bottle of Jack to help you get through it.

Another radical lesbian seperatist movie that the commune had on hand was.... Salmonberries. Again, I reccomend you watching this with a bottle of your favorite spirit.

This film is a must-see for all KD Lang fans who always wanted to see her naked.

~CF

***(before you judge me too harshly, please know that yes, I was kicked out because I was busted wearing lipstick/heels that were in serious violation of radical lesbian policy-- not to mention the tg butch who was in the early stages of transition who I began dating. Again, I was very young.)
CherryFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 12:25 AM   #3
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

I thought this movie was kinda interesting:

and besides, who doesn't like the circus?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:26 AM   #4
Arwen
Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,132 Times in 6,414 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation

I loved "Desert Hearts".

"Clare of the Moon" would take more than one bottle of Jack for me to watch again. I actually paid money to see that awful thing. UGH
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Arwen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 12:31 AM   #5
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Oh, and I'm not going to lie. I genuinely LOVE this movie:

And the soundtrack is fucking awesome.

(No, it's not specifically a "lesbian movie". But it IS a really rad movie!)
Old 03-14-2011, 12:52 AM   #6
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

CherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST ReputationCherryFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Exidos

Quote:
Originally Posted by betenoire View Post
Oh, and I'm not going to lie. I genuinely LOVE this movie:

And the soundtrack is fucking awesome.

(No, it's not specifically a "lesbian movie". But it IS a really rad movie!)
Oh good call, Ms. B. I loved that movie-- even tho' it was a little close to home.
(My mother was really into Exidos International, need I say more?)

~CF
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #7
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Ugh, Cherry. That's hard.

~~~

I've never seen this, but always meant to.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:13 AM   #8
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

I hated this movie:

Oh god, I remember all of my friends were like "you haaaaave to see this movie! the fingernail clipping scene is soooooo hot." I just really -really- hated it.

But, you know. Clearly lots of people liked it - so there's a chance that you might.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #9
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I hated this movie:

Oh god, I remember all of my friends were like "you haaaaave to see this movie! the fingernail clipping scene is soooooo hot." I just really -really- hated it.

But, you know. Clearly lots of people liked it - so there's a chance that you might.

We had the same friends. I had to watch the stupid fingernail clipping scene too-- over and over and over. My friends kept re-winding "the clipping" scene and freaking out. You would have thought that Lancelot just found the holy grail.

Did you see Heavenly Creatures?

~CF

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CherryFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 01:37 AM   #10
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Nick owns and loves the hell out of this movie. I thought it was sweet, but I don't know that I could watch it over and over again or anything. I DO love me some Sharon Gless, though.

~~~

It's worth a watch (it's not specifically a lesbian movie, but it's relevant). I LOVE Ally Sheedy. The movie was pretty good - although it's also part of what prompted my "oh my god, can someone please make a queer movie where the women aren't total assholes or on drugs and nobody dies or has a hidden agenda?" meltdown.

~~~

Worth watching for the reference to what Little Sister's (Queer bookstore in Vancouver) was dealing with at the time this movie was made. Also super fun = Maggie's angel outfit, the mom cracking open every vibrator she can find in search for more batteries, and "I'm Not A Fucking Drag Queen".

~~~

It's been a long time, so I can't remember how much I genuinely liked this movie. I DO remember that when I saw it that it met my "post teenage angst" needs quite nicely, that I liked the soundtrack, and that the girl with the pink hair was my hero
Old 03-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryFemme View Post
Did you see Heavenly Creatures?

~CF

Yeah, I saw Heavenly Creatures. I never got the impression that the two young women were -actually- lesbians...I just thought that they were unhealthy. And I mean, obviously they were unhealthy. Holy shit.

I really love Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey, though. I don't think I've ever not liked anything that either of them has ever done. (was that grammatically sensible??)
Old 03-14-2011, 01:54 AM   #12
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
I really love Kate Winslet and Melanie Lynskey, though. I don't think I've ever not liked anything that either of them has ever done. (was that grammatically sensible??)
Solid performance and I enjoyed the writing on an event that was based on a true story.

Ok-- How about Gia?

I keep waiting for someone to mention "A Girl Thing".

*sigh* I was very sad when I watched that movie. I wanted it to be something it was not. I kept waiting for "the butch" to enter a scene and they never did. Very Disappointing. C-

~CF
Old 03-14-2011, 01:57 AM   #13
dykeumentary

How Do You Identify?:
butch dyke

Thanked 1,547 Times in 359 Posts
dykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputationdykeumentary Has the BEST Reputation

Catherine Deneueve and Susan Sarandan doing it in "The Hunger."

Ok, I will be honest, Catherine Deneuve and/or Susan Sarandan doing anything in anything is hot, but doing it with each other is mind boggling! (then toss in David Bowie and Ann Magnusen... )*fans self*
dykeumentary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to dykeumentary For This Useful Post:
Old 03-14-2011, 02:05 AM   #14
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Default Movie Notes

[QUOTE=betenoire;300880]
ALLY SHEEDY and HIGH ART
~~~

LOL I watched this ONLY because Ally Sheedy was in it. I think I had a left-over crush on her from "The Breakfast Club".
It's worth a watch (it's not specifically a lesbian movie, but it's relevant). I LOVE Ally Sheedy. The movie was pretty good - although it's also part of what prompted my "oh my god, can someone please make a queer movie where the women aren't total assholes or on drugs and nobody dies or has a hidden agenda?" meltdown.

The ending was very "Children's Hour" -ish. Again, another let down. I wanted Ally to end up differently and be a hell of a lot stronger. She started out well, but in the end, I give this one a C-.

~~~

Last edited by CherryFemme; 03-14-2011 at 02:06 AM. Reason: Uhm....
Old 03-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #15
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryFemme View Post
Solid performance and I enjoyed the writing on an event that was based on a true story.

Ok-- How about Gia?

I keep waiting for someone to mention "A Girl Thing".

*sigh* I was very sad when I watched that movie. I wanted it to be something it was not. I kept waiting for "the butch" to enter a scene and they never did. Very Disappointing. C-

~CF
I've actually never seen Gia all the way through, if you can believe it. I keep TRYING to watch it but for some reason it never works out. (Like I get distracted, or the phone rings, or I fall asleep, or or or.) Besides, I cannot STAND Angelina Jolie.

I've also never seen A Girl Thing. Or heard of it, wow.

You know, my favourite movies that I consider "Queer" movies aren't even necessarily queer - if that makes sense. Like Foxfire, for example. It's about young women figuring their shit out and taking care of themselves and each other and growing up - it's just the sort of thing that speaks to the little bi-dyke in me in a way that movies that are actually ABOUT being Queer never can/do.

And besides (re: Foxfire) Jenny Shimizu is so hot that I could just about crawl right out of my skin.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:07 AM   #16
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post

Ok, I will be honest, Catherine Deneuve and/or Susan Sarandan doing anything in anything is hot, but doing it with each other is mind boggling! (then toss in David Bowie and Ann Magnusen... )*fans self*
Oh HELL to the yes on that!
Old 03-14-2011, 02:11 AM   #17
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dykeumentary View Post

Ok-- that was a good one. Good call.

I mean, who would not want to do Catherine Deneueve?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Along the lines of "But I'm A Cheerleader" ~~ "Oranges are not the only Fruit"

I enjoyed the drama, but... I enjoyed the book more.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Speaking of Books I enjoyed more...
"Tipping the Velvet"

But the movie was still played out pretty well... I am not slamming it as much as I am Claire of the Moon... then again, blackboot HATED it.

Movies, like art, are subjective.

~CF
Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 AM   #18
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

And I know that these are "boy movies" but they're actually both pretty great:

This is one of my favourite movies. I can't help it.

Best line ever: "Are you saying that my Nino is banging your Angelo?" "No, I'm saying it's the other way around!"

~~~

Okay, it's not fantastic. But I have a real soft spot for the 80s -and- "coming of age" movies, so...

Besides: Bonus points for Lea DeLaria!
Old 03-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #19
CherryFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
And I know that these are "boy movies" but they're actually both pretty great

Besides: Bonus points for Lea DeLaria!

oooo if we are going review Gay boy flicks, we totally need to include Jeff Stryker’s Underground 1997 and can I add something by Peter North? <wink>

Oh wait, I think we are deviating off topic here...

ok-- back to Keri's Request:

Remember these?

1. Southern Comfort
2. Sir: Just a Normal Guy
3. Venus Boys (or was it Venus Boyz-- I forget)

Oh oh oh-- and Hedwig and the Angry Inch? I mean, hey... if we are brainstorming at midnight...

You mentioned soundtracks... I still play my "Priscilla Queen of the Desert" soundtrack when I go on roadtrips to North Shore. (ops..once again, deviating off topic, but I think there is a reference to a lesbian someplace in the film?)

Ok-- my last post before I pass out from exhaustion... I saw a couple of really great flicks through the Tranny Fest (San Francisco Transgender Film Festival) but I cannot find their titles. It would be another great place to look for films tho'.

XXOO,
~CF

Night Bet.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #20
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Goodnight, Cherry. I'm outta here for the night too.