Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > In The News

Old 09-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #221
Martina

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 18,367 Times in 4,170 Posts
Martina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST ReputationMartina Has the BEST Reputation

I am fine. Just got internet back. I never lost power. Nothing's open and I need to get to the doc or urgent care about this ear/sinus infection. But that and some tree limbs down are the worst of it. I own a mobile home south of here, and I haven't gone to check on it. The tenants evacuated, so I guess I'll hear when they get back.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:00 PM   #222
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
I am fine. Just got internet back. I never lost power. Nothing's open and I need to get to the doc or urgent care about this ear/sinus infection. But that and some tree limbs down are the worst of it. I own a mobile home south of here, and I haven't gone to check on it. The tenants evacuated, so I guess I'll hear when they get back.
Glad to hear you are safe, except the ear/sinus infection!

Albert Einstein
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2017, 03:44 AM   #223
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martina View Post
i hope you get some relief soon and that you are fine.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2017, 04:23 AM   #224
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I heard from MysticOceansFL. They're still without power but she's doing okay and asked me to tell you she says hello.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-14-2017, 09:49 AM   #225
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
I heard from MysticOceansFL. They're still without power but she's doing okay and asked me to tell you she says hello.
Thank you !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2017, 08:04 PM   #226
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I spent 27 hours from Sunday afternoon to Monday evening at work. I ended up working nearly 75 hours last week and now we have to keep an eye on Hurricane Maria! Keep the Caribbean in your thoughts. Dominican Republic from my understand was hit and now they are predicting this hurricane to hit Puerto Rico and continue to follow Irma's path. ����

Zimmeh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2017, 12:05 PM   #227
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Jose has weakened and gone east enough to spare us. Dont know how things are on Nantucket but its just minor wind and occasional rain here.

He is now doing a 360 loop off the coast over the next few days. So, expecting continuing crappy weather thru Saturday.

The good news is, the longer Jose lingers, the greater the chances it will pull Hurricane Maria away from the coast. After seeing the pictures from Puerto Rico, I dont want to mess with that one next week.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #228
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

A forecast model shows Maria hooking back to the left again. I hope not. Not good at all.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2017, 09:39 AM   #229
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Today is day 4 of Jose vacationing off the coast. They are saying he will stay around thru the weekend, gradually weakening along the way. I'm ignoring the graphics that show him looping and basically being in the same place Monday as he is right now.

Each day has brought more rain, higher winds, swelling waves, and, in general, relatively minor mayhem. Scattered power outages, a few trees down, many tree parts strewn about. After getting bopped a few times cleaning the tree parts from the driveway, today I will remember to wear a bike helmet when I shovel them up.

The ocean has been in turmoil with the water foaming, and reaching the entry platforms on both the ocean and bay sides. But, as the bad weather comes in waves with an hour or two of calm in between, there has not been any significant flooding. Havent seen anyone para-sailing or surfing. Nor have there been any seagulls, birds, or other critters out and about since Tuesday.

Hoping Maria will follow Jose's path. The ocean temps here are barely 60, with Jose stirring up the even cooler waters beneath the surface. Not warm enough to sustain a hurricane but still warm enough for a tropical storm.

Either way, it is better to be on the east side of a storm rather than the west. It will suck for us at the coast either way but will spare millions of others and billions in property damage.

Happy Fall!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2017, 05:15 PM   #230
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Hope all in the gulf area are ready for the next storm. Please, stay safe and check in when you can.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2017, 09:05 AM   #231
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Here is a link that includes map and locations of the recent fire activity in Southern California.

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2018, 06:34 PM   #232
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Severe Weather Check-in

Bump!

Check-in for our frozen friends in the northeast.

Stay safe friends.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2018, 08:15 AM   #233
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

We were lucky with the storm that blew thru here on Thursday. Mostly rain. Minimal tree damage from the winds - the unexpected wind storm on Xmas morning had taken down most of the not healthy, not well rooted ones. Scattered and short lived power outages.

We did have a lot of flooding tho. Commerical St in Ptown was a river of water. Many cars got stuck trying to get thru the 6 foot "puddles" along the marsh roadways. Homes around the harbors had to be evacuated when the tides exceeded expectations.

The weirdest thing was the ocean/marsh iceberg chunks blocking the roads when the tides receded. Had to bring out the backhoes to clear those.

Thankfully the sun was out yesterday and today. Temps in the single digits during the days and below zero at night. With the exception of a few hours of heavy winds last night, it has been relatively calm.

The good news is the thaw begins on Sunday night, with temps next week in the 30's and 40's. Will be nice to be able to wear one layer of clothing rather than three!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #234
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Be safe if you MUST go out during this mess. If your gov declared a State of Emergency, that generally means stay home and if you're an employer, don't punish your staff for staying home!

"Charlotte Mecklenburg Police responded to 169 wrecks between 7 a.m. and 1 p.m. Wednesday, and state troopers took 700 service calls, including more than 500 crashes before noon."
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #235
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

A woman in New Orleans ventured out and and slid into a ditch, with her kid in the car. Rescuers jumped in and got them out, but they are in critical condition.

Why can’t people just STAY HOME when they advise to! ?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM   #236
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
A woman in New Orleans ventured out and and slid into a ditch, with her kid in the car. Rescuers jumped in and got them out, but they are in critical condition.

Why can’t people just STAY HOME when they advise to! ?
That's sad. I hope they'll be ok.
Most people are afraid they'll lose their jobs when their employers make them report to work or make them feel like they are easy to replace...many employers don't close or care about their employees' safety during a State of Emergency. I've worked for places like Blue Cross or a warehouse that told us if we didn't show up for our shift, we wouldn't have a job tomorrow. These companies are famous for not closing during bad storms.

YEARS ago, I got fired from Merillat Cabinet factory the day after I totaled my car in a blizzard at 10pm on the way to drop my son off at his baby sitter so I could report to night shift. I NEEDED that job and they had a Zero tolerance policy for call offs.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 04:59 PM   #237
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
That's sad. I hope they'll be ok.
Most people are afraid they'll lose their jobs when their employers make them report to work or make them feel like they are easy to replace...many employers don't close or care about their employees' safety during a State of Emergency. I've worked for places like Blue Cross or a warehouse that told us if we didn't show up for our shift, we wouldn't have a job tomorrow. These companies are famous for not closing during bad storms.

YEARS ago, I got fired from Merillat Cabinet factory the day after I totaled my car in a blizzard at 10pm on the way to drop my son off at his baby sitter so I could report to night shift. I NEEDED that job and they had a Zero tolerance policy for call offs.
Also, having to take off without pay is NOT an incentive to stay home and safe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #238
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
Also, having to take off without pay is NOT an incentive to stay home and safe.
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 05:42 PM   #239
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

My supervisor texted me and told me not to come to work today. Another text later said wait until noon tomorrow to come back to work. It will be written off to administrative leave.

We had over three inches of snow last night, it never went above the 20s today so the roads are still icy.

It is sad when employers do not care about the people who work for them. I have friends in Florida who were made to ride out Hurricane Irma because they had to stay and box up the important employees' paperwork and other stuff. It was too late after that for them to get out. Hearing about this made me so angry. Needs to be a Federal law that covers and protects EVERYONE in regards to life-threatening situations.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2018, 05:51 PM   #240
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenna View Post
True. But when there's a State of Emergency all companies should pay "admin time" like when I worked for one company that did pay us for any time they sent us home or closed.
Totally agree! Mine does not.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: