Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default books

"Toxic Psychiatry"
by Dr. Peter Breggin

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #1282
WingsOnFire

How Do You Identify?:
Queer..femme.. .babygirl...girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
Female Ones...
Relationship Status:
Enjoying life but ready to meet someone

Thanked 12,476 Times in 3,357 Posts
WingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST ReputationWingsOnFire Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Scarpetta Series by Patricia Cornwell on audio.

Previously known as MidnightBlueEyes
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://gailsforum.files.wordpress.co...-psd340941.png
WingsOnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WingsOnFire For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2012, 02:59 PM   #1283
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

The Lost Years - Mary Higgins Clark

Murder mystery. Nice short chapters

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #1284
socialjustice_fsu

How Do You Identify?:
Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
It’s all good.

Location: The gulf waters are sapphire blue and the beach sand is white as snow.
Thanked 2,158 Times in 439 Posts
socialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputationsocialjustice_fsu Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
"Toxic Psychiatry"
by Dr. Peter Breggin

Greco

Would love to hear your thoughts on this book. I read it many years ago. It certainly will raise one's skepticism scale related to use/misuse of ECT, psychotropics in adults and in children.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #1285
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Read this today, this is the most lovely woman!

girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 06:22 PM   #1286
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation
Default Musical chairs/books

Reading 3 different books in different formats- anyone else do that?

-The Help by Kathryn Stockett (hard copy, on loan from library and overdue...oops)
-My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler (on Kindle)
-The Consequences of Love by Sulaiman Addonia (I own it, but reading it oh-so-slowly because I keep getting caught up in other books)
Old 04-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #1287
Liam

How Do You Identify?:
Guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him, His

Thanked 6,908 Times in 1,861 Posts
Liam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST ReputationLiam Has the BEST Reputation

The Joy Diet by Martha Beck *10 Daily Practices for a Happier Life* (Awesome book!)
The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying by Sogyal Rinpoche (Awesome book!)
Extreme Measures by Vince Flynn (Mindless political thriller...)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Liam For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #1288
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

i loved the color of water and the tibetan book of living and dying

i finished wild and wasn't very impressed with it...maybe my friend saw something in it i just can't. i've started rereading maggie stiefvater's wolves of mercy falls trilogy - it's a ya fantasy series that i read the first two books of a few years ago (and got to meet maggie! she's awesome). i haven't read the third book yet so i'm rereading the first two and reading the third after. the titles are shiver, linger, and forever. she also has two books about fairies called lament and ballad - they're really good too.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #1289
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's
John Elder Robison
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Look-Me-Eye-Life-Aspergers/dp/0307395987"]Amazon.com: Look Me in the Eye: My Life with Asperger's (9780307395986): John Elder Robison: Books[/ame]
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2012, 02:10 PM   #1290
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Half Broke Horses - Jeannette Walls

Wasnt sure I would like it but it is an amazing autobiographical novel of a woman who paved her unique way in the world back in the early 1900's. Her philosophy, fortitude, perserverence, independence.... my kind of role model.

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:42 PM   #1291
Slowpurr

How Do You Identify?:
Stone femme
Relationship Status:

Slowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST ReputationSlowpurr Has the BEST Reputation

Eli Pariser,"The Filter Bubble"

http://www.ted.com/talks/eli_pariser...r_bubbles.html
Slowpurr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Slowpurr For This Useful Post:
Old 05-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #1292
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,097 Times in 2,321 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

Heroes for my Daughter
By Brad Meltzer
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:04 PM   #1293
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

I confess...

I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm only twelve pages into it, and it's horrid. oKAY, oKAY, she's getting all flushed and flustered during the interview, no doubt responding to his natural dominance or some shit. I GOT it. Is the whole book this overplayed???
Old 05-05-2012, 10:26 PM   #1294
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by The JD View Post
I confess...

I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey. I'm only twelve pages into it, and it's horrid. oKAY, oKAY, she's getting all flushed and flustered during the interview, no doubt responding to his natural dominance or some shit. I GOT it. Is the whole book this overplayed???
i heard it was one of those books that was originally an online published fanfiction and the author remade it into an original fiction piece. as a fanfic fan/author myself...it tends to be a little overwrought. i haven't read the book yet though.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:29 PM   #1295
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i heard it was one of those books that was originally an online published fanfiction and the author remade it into an original fiction piece. as a fanfic fan/author myself...it tends to be a little overwrought. i haven't read the book yet though.
Ohhh, got it! That makes so much sense! What character/show/concept was the original focus of the fanfiction?
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #1296
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

still slowly meandering through sex and disability...also slowly going through spiritual journaling: writing your way to independence by julie tallard johnson. i was looking for journaling books and this one's aimed at teens but i liked the kindle sample so i bought it. a friend of mine rated it badly but i'm not sure how i feel about it yet.

i'm trying to decide which other book i want to read next, now that i've finished the wolves of mercy falls trilogy. maybe madness by marya hornbacher. her book wasted is one of my favorites...it's been a constant companion for most of my life.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #1297
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Quote:
Ohhh, got it! That makes so much sense! What character/show/concept was the original focus of the fanfiction?
i think it was originally an erotic twilight au (alternate universe) fanfiction.

sometimes turning erotic fanfic into original fiction works out pretty well...a friend of mine who is also a fanfiction author managed to get one of her ncis fanfic works published and it's quite good. i've read lots of fanfic that is better than some original fic i've read.

but i think twilight, and fanfiction in general, kind of lend themselves to overwrought, melodramatic sort of romance...so i'm curious to see the reception of fifty shades of grey.
The Following User Says Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 12:34 AM   #1298
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
i think it was originally an erotic twilight au (alternate universe) fanfiction.

but i think twilight, and fanfiction in general, kind of lend themselves to overwrought, melodramatic sort of romance...so i'm curious to see the reception of fifty shades of grey.
Okay, I'm 50 pages into it, and now that I know it came out of Twilight fanfic, it's ALL I can see. It's set in the Pacific Northwest...narrated in first-person by a young woman described as "closed-off" who spurns all previous romantic overtures, and falls head over heels in love (and hate, and love, and hate) with a rich wise-beyond-his-years and strikingly handsome man with all-knowing eyes and an ever-present smirk. Oh, and there's even a competing love interest, a dark-skinned muscle-bound easy-going best friend. Yep, sounds like Twilight alright.

But then Twilight was based on Pride and Prejudice (as Stephenie Meyer admitted), with the independent and outspoken Elizabeth Bennet having her own love/hate reaction to the rich and aloof Mr. Darcy.

So maybe Fifty Shades of Grey is actually the BDSM version of Pride and Prejudice? Hmmm.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #1299
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm reading this book as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
Heroes for my Daughter
By Brad Meltzer
SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #1300
SugarFemme

How Do You Identify?:
*Fierce Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Thanked 4,463 Times in 854 Posts
SugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST ReputationSugarFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default THIS is so apropos.....

Quote:
I confess...

SugarFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SugarFemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
books, reading