Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation
Question Who Were You Named After?

Were you named after anyone?

My mother loved the show, "The Bionic Woman" so, I'm named after (spelling and all), the character, Jaime Sommers.

How about you?
Old 09-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #2
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after my maternal grandmother, Antoinette. I'm Anne, and my cousin is Toni. I used to wish I'd been the older one, because I thought Toni was the prettier name.

My mother's favorite book was Peter Pan, and our surname happened to be the same as the family in the story. She wanted to name me Wendy, after the girl, but my brothers thankfully talked her out of that. They were afraid I'd be hearing "Like Peter Pan!" for the rest of my life.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:44 AM   #3
PoeticSilence

How Do You Identify?:
*dodges labels*
Relationship Status:
Estranged

PoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST ReputationPoeticSilence Has the BEST Reputation

My father was named Ronald, and I was the first child, so I was named Ronda. Then along came my brother, and he is a Ronald Jr.

My maternal grandmother is named Jewell, so that covers my middle name.

(None of this has anything to do with the fact I insisted on being called Wally for the first five years of my life, and made enough of a fuss I got to visit a shrink as a child)

I got married a few years ago, her mother named her Jacquelyn after the Onassis girl, middle name Evelyn after a family friend. Her last name Ramirez.

When we got married we got married in Iowa. Two states in the United States allow you to change your first/middle/last names to anything at all, that you desire, at the time of the wedding. They are Iowa and Kansas.

So the wife and I shortened our first names to Ronnie and Jackie. I kept my middle name because my kids insisted. My wife took her paternal grandmothers name Debnam. We were torn about the last name, because we have been involved in archery for a while, so we considered Archer, but then, in the end, we chose Darling. So most folks know us as Ronnie and Jackie Darling, and that's what all of our legal papers say. Yay!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:56 AM   #4
sis
Diva!

How Do You Identify?:
StoneFemme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
Content!

Thanked 1,401 Times in 296 Posts
sis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputationsis Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Debbie Reynolds & QEII, thus I am officially Deborah Elizabeth, Debbie to my family and people of my generation or older, Deb to everyone else!

Deb
Oh! Please do!
Oh! Please!
Oh!
sis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sis For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #5
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after a character in a fantasy novel.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #6
Daktari

Default I'm named after...

...a girl my Ma nursed when she was training in 1960-62. The little girl had deep ginger curls and a Polish pronunciation of a regular(ish) name.

It turned out that little girl was in the group of kids who all 'played out' on the park at the back of our house. It wasn't until we were teenagers that we discovered that she was infact *that* girl.

I hate my name and I don't allow anyone to use it, apart from my family, who refuse to call me something acceptable to me, even though I've asked them to for oooh 35/40yrs!
If a person really feels the need to use my 'real' name then they are allowed a contraction of it that is acceptable to me. Chey...had to add the Y because folks are easily confused and would inevitably pronounce Che as Chee
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 06:32 AM   #7
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

A Joni Mitchell Song

The wind is in from Africa
Last night I couldn't sleep
Oh, you know it sure is hard to leave here Carey
But it's really not my home
My fingernails are filthy, I got beach tar on my feet
And I miss my clean white linen and my fancy French cologne

Oh Carey get out your cane
And I'll put on some silver
Oh you're a mean old Daddy
But I like you fine

Come on down to the Mermaid Café and I will
Buy you a bottle of wine
And we'll laugh and toast to nothing and smash our empty glasses down
Let's have a round for these freaks and these soldiers
A round for these friends of mine
Let's have another round for the bright red devil
Who keeps me in this tourist town

Come on Carey get out your cane
I'll put on some silver
Oh you're a mean old Daddy
But I like you

Maybe I'll go to Amsterdam
Maybe I'll go to Rome
And rent me a grand piano
And put some flowers 'round my room
But let's not talk about fare-thee-wells now
The night is a starry dome
And they're playin' that scratchy rock and roll
Beneath the Matala Moon

Come on Carey get out your cane
I'll put on some silver
We'll go to the Mermaid Café
Have fun tonight

The wind is in from Africa
Last night I couldn't sleep
Oh you know it sure is hard to leave here
But it's really not my home

Maybe it's been too long a time
Since I was scramblin' down in the street
Now they got me used to that clean white linen
And that fancy French cologne

Oh Carey get out your cane
I'll put on my finest silver
We'll go to the Mermaid Café
Have fun tonight
I said, Oh, you're a mean old Daddy but I like you
But you're out of sight

© 1970; Joni Mitchell
Old 09-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #8
Heavenleahangel

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Femme; Earth bound Angel and Babygirl;
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Angel, as long as it's respectful
Relationship Status:
Waiting for the One who can complete me

Thanked 2,069 Times in 468 Posts
Heavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST ReputationHeavenleahangel Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after country singer Tammy Wynette. My biological mom wanted me named Eunice O'dell (OMG NO) but she was unconscious after my delivery, so my maternal aunt jumped in and told the nurse me name "Tammy Marie". Not sure where "Marie" came from. I think because it sounded nice together.
Old 09-20-2013, 07:31 AM   #9
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after the woman who hosted a Valentine's Day party, where my parents first met.

They each had gone with different dates.

My mom stumbled down the last two stairs coming down from the bathroom (she wasn't drinking, per my mom and I am inclined to believe her as her idea of a party is a glass of Manischewitz wine) and...

...my dad caught her.

My mom's date had too much to drink, so my dad drove her home.

I never did hear what happened to my dad's date.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 08:08 AM   #10
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

this is a funny story when my mother was pregnant they were sure I was a boy everyone was even her doc.. so I was to be Michael jr after my dad and Joseph for a middle name for my grandpa Joe... well opps it was a girl and a argument ensued they looked at grandmothers names, Elsa (dads mom) and Christine (Moms mom) and my dads mom would have been majorly insulted if they used the other grandmas name not hers ... they the suggestion was Michelle well dad hated that tears flowed from my mother and she reached for a box of tissues knocked over said box and saw the brand name .... Kimberly clark... yup I got the Kimberly but mom was not done for the middle name wait for it ... Joseph... lol... when she went to sleep my dad had it edited to just Kimberly Joe
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #11
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

My Mom named me after a male (yes, male...LOL) character in her favorite childhood book "Little Women."

While I use the formal version professionally, my family and friends call me by the more familiar, shorter form that I prefer. For years I considered legally changing it to that shorter form but after Mom died I decided to keep it as is. After all, she chose it and it meant so much to her...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sis View Post
Debbie Reynolds & QEII, thus I am officially Deborah Elizabeth, Debbie to my family and people of my generation or older, Deb to everyone else!

Deb
What sis said lol. Debbie Reynolds
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #13
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

I SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOO lucked out with my name and I thank my parents a lot for it all the time !!!!!!
I love my name but don't like how my mom came up with my first name .

My parents picked out two names bc they wanted to be suprised about my gender .

Boy name : Blake Aaron
Girl name : Courtney Meghan

So I was born a 4lb baby and my parents said I looked like a Blake .
My brother , mom and dad all have middle names with E so they made Aaron to Erin

Blake Erin is my name THANK GOD bc I would make one ugly female name
Old 09-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #14
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I was named after an old Italian woman who was my mother's neighbor when she was pregnant for me, Angela. My middle name was SUPPOSED to be Nicole, but my aunt was pregnant at the same time as my mom and named HER daughter Nicole...so my mom had to look for a different middle name. She liked some show or another at that time, and the actress who played her favorite character was named Kristina. So I became Angela Kristina
Old 09-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #15
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

My name, Cara, is a family name. I'm a seventh generation Cara! :-)

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #16
macele

How Do You Identify?:
a bold-assed maximus
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 3,239 Times in 849 Posts
macele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputationmacele Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RNguy View Post
I SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOO lucked out with my name and I thank my parents a lot for it all the time !!!!!!
I love my name but don't like how my mom came up with my first name .

My parents picked out two names bc they wanted to be suprised about my gender .

Boy name : Blake Aaron
Girl name : Courtney Meghan

So I was born a 4lb baby and my parents said I looked like a Blake .
My brother , mom and dad all have middle names with E so they made Aaron to Erin

Blake Erin is my name THANK GOD bc I would make one ugly female name

i've never heard of or met a female named blake. i like it. you do have a cool set of names.
macele is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to macele For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #17
Scots_On_The_Rocks

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, them, theirs
Relationship Status:
Owned by a few cats, Loved by one woman, and Looked up to by one child.

Thanked 1,092 Times in 388 Posts
Scots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST ReputationScots_On_The_Rocks Has the BEST Reputation

With my birth name, I was named after my mother's girlfriend whom she dated before she met my father. No joke. Perhaps that is why my father never really liked me.

Now with my legally changed name, it was chosen because of it's meaning. I chose Soren as that it means: "the one who stands apart"
Scots_On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Scots_On_The_Rocks For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
RNguy

How Do You Identify?:
trans
Preferred Pronoun?:
He preferredably :)
Relationship Status:
the pitbull <€

Thanked 2,267 Times in 510 Posts
RNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST ReputationRNguy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by macele View Post
i've never heard of or met a female named blake. i like it. you do have a cool set of names.

Thank you , I LOVE it. I didn't have to change my name at all like a lot of trans folks having to.
Several years back , my boss hired a young woman whose daughters name was Blake .
There is also Blake Arrington from dynasty show in the 70's who is a girl.
( shhhhhh ddon't tell but that is where my mom fell in love with the name bc she loved dynasty ).
Old 09-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #19
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

My mother wanted to name me Shira and my father preferred Laurel. Cheryl was the compromise.

My father and his brother invented their WASPy last name because they were in the Air Force during WW 2, and felt that their ethnic last name was holding them back from career opportunities. For better or worse, I think they were correct. My uncle would likely never have been chosen to become an Air Force 1 helicopter pilot with his original last name.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #20
o'queery

How Do You Identify?:
serviceboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
him, hey boy
Relationship Status:
boyfriend of my joey. <3 Imma lucky bitchboy!

Thanked 1,895 Times in 523 Posts
o'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputationo'queery Has the BEST Reputation

When i was born i was named after my Father's Spanish kindergarten sweetheart.

Then when it was time for a name that fit who i grew into i went to him and asked him if he would like to give me my new name.

<3 Which he graciously did.

Tags
family names