Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 01-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #1
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation
Default Bloggers, Website Owners, General Geeks UNITE!

Hey! I thought it would be cool to have a thread devoted to sharing links to our work. If you own a blog, a website, or want to share some general geekery, bits of code, etc. Drop it here so we can ooh and aah!

(and no, don't post your competing Butch/Femme website link here! LOL)

I hope that CanMarie will come in here and share the link to her blog. She has a FABULOUS blog documenting her weight loss journey.

I know Linus and several others who have blogs or websites so show me your stuff!!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Daktari

S'not up to date...I have a huge back log of pics and stuff to go up.

http://scooby63.wordpress.com/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
LaneyDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Girly girl femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She; Ma'am; Miss ;)
Relationship Status:
Pitbull protected.

Thanked 7,689 Times in 1,610 Posts
LaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST ReputationLaneyDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Hey, I hope it is ok to share this...

I am not a website owner or a blogger but I do have a couple of sites that I am affiliated with.

One, FetLife. Yes, I have a profile but I am a greeter as well.

Two, the Submissive Guide website. I contribute articles here on a regular basis. http://www.submissiveguide.com/

Old 01-25-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,103 Posts
tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

See below. I get a lot of hits from here--I appreciate it, everybody. I think everyone feels stupid writing a blog at first, well, at least I did, but when people read it and come back, it's encouraging.

^tapu~tapu is the actual name of my blog. For some reason, Blogger wouldn't let me have just two tapus in the url.... ?
Old 01-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #5
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

tapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputationtapu Has the BEST Reputation

Afterthought: We should be like the xmas card xchange and xchange hits on one another's blogs!
Old 01-25-2012, 03:32 PM   #6
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

These are two my blogs:

www.artbymedusa.com

www.tokenfatgirl.com
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 06:32 PM   #7
tonaderspeisung

How Do You Identify?:
asleep at the synthesizer
Preferred Pronoun?:
crown prince of dirty disco

Thanked 1,794 Times in 857 Posts
tonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputationtonaderspeisung Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
See below. I get a lot of hits from here--I appreciate it, everybody. I think everyone feels stupid writing a blog at first, well, at least I did, but when people read it and come back, it's encouraging.
the weak spot with my website is the written content

i don't know if this makes sense but there seems to be an online voice that can make the difference between professional or amateur site.
maybe it's text size, font and structure

i haven't been able to put my finger on it yet - all the above sites have it
any tips or hints for written content?
tonaderspeisung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #8
apretty

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
sea shell
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 4,377 Times in 1,015 Posts
apretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputationapretty Has the BEST Reputation

i would totally blog but i can't decide on a title. also, e is threatening to not make dinner if i don't go back to being femme--something in the title should reference my add.

i like dogs.
apretty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apretty For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2012, 11:49 PM   #9
1ladyface

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
loved and loving

1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation1ladyface Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post

i don't know if this makes sense but there seems to be an online voice that can make the difference between professional or amateur site.

I think the key is having your own voice and in my (admittedly limited) experience that comes with time. I developed my writing style my first year of college when I missed home like crazy. I kept in touch with my friends through snail mail and wrote several letters a week for about a year. It was much better incentive than a grade. I knew I had to write well to get timely responses. (Or any responses)

But in my day job I spend a lot of time talking with art students. A topic that comes up with every student at some point is personal style. Most of my students are freshmen and the idea of actively cultivating their style is new to them so I suggest they take their favorite 2-3 pieces so far and write as many descriptive adjectives as possible. Find the overlap in the descriptions of those peices and you'll have a start to figuring out what your style is.

Or, ask your friends and family to come up with the list of descriptors. You might be surprised what your audience sees since your experience of the finished product is informed by the process and their experience is just the finished product (among other reasons).

This exercise works with a myriad of art forms from writing to sculpture to dance.

Oh, and on another note, experiment. You may find that you can get comfortable with several techniques or styles but one feels more like "home".

I hope this helps!

-ladyface

http://www.1ladyface.blogspot.com
1ladyface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1ladyface For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2012, 05:40 AM   #10
tapu

How Do You Identify?:
Understated butch.
Preferred Pronoun?:
I
Relationship Status:
Party of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonaderspeisung View Post

Hey there, t. unless i've missed the link, could you put it here so I can take a look at your text design? I'm not sure if you mean that, or actual content, but I'd like to see both.

Ladyface gave good tips on exercising personal writing style. I have an approach, too, but I'll see what you've got first, if I may.

I think personal style is one of my writing's greatest strength, but I also think it's hard to nail down what it is even when you've got it. A few readers have described mine to me, so I might be able to help pull out yours.

taps
Old 01-25-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,641 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

This is a nice thread, I like it. I've visited a few blogs posted already & will try to see everyone's as they post them. I really enjoy blogs & people who keep them. I photoblog mostly although sometimes I will talk about technique, equipment, and inspiration.

My personal photoblog is here: http://faireunvoeu.wordpress.com/

and my shop is here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/faireunvoeu

...and i love visitors!