How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

our chickies are growing in leaps and bounds!

I SWEAR we went on an outing yesterday, came back and the buff orpington was as huge as our gigantic barred rock (whom, we are starting to suspect may be a rooster after all)!!!!

We have been borrowing my mom's dogs at night so she can get a better night's rest. They are cohesive with my dogs; her Bella is my Jacques' daughter and her Bitsy was once my Bitsy lol

The kitties are doing well, but after an entire year inside, Eleanor is showing interest in going outside. We don't live on a big road but we live down a hill and people LOVE to speed down it so.....I'm afraid she'll have to wait. Our chickens will not be free ranging for the same reason. This saddens me
Old 05-07-2018, 05:55 AM   #1502
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

The roles are reversed, sort of. Gracie is holding down the back of the sofa and Loki is parked under Gracie's window. I don't think he knows how to get up on the stool, which is fine by me. I'd rather not have cat hair floating in my breathing and eating areas. Both of them got butt scratches and pets and have bellies full of juicy, wet food. Thankfully, they are not too picky but they definitely love their wet food.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-08-2018, 08:26 AM   #1503
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Loki keeps jumping up on Gracie as she lies on the edge of the sofa. He is being a sh*t this morning.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 05-27-2018, 12:12 PM   #1504
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Diva Kitty was extremely pleased this morning to have the leftover milk from my Cap'n Crunch. It's a treat she doesn't get very often.

Tiny Dog - who gets Milk Bone treats all the time for doing what she's told - looked concerned that Diva Kitty was getting a treat and she was not, so I gave her a few pieces of cereal.

Everyone was satisfied.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2018, 04:13 PM   #1505
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Well, Loki's skulking around Gracie as she eats. Dude's got a problem. Let me go shoo him away.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 08:25 PM   #1506
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Monte is so cool. I have a great big bin I keep his cat liter in and he likes to get up there so I put a large bath towel folded in half on the top to make it more comfortable for him. Then I crack the door open so he can see outside, bask in the sun, watch passers by. Whenever I walk by him I give him a little pat. So now every time I go by he waits for me to get near him and give him his pat and then reaches out his paw and pats me. Afterwards he rolls side to side and shows me his belly for a tummy scratch which is so cute. He's such a smart cat, always learning new things and he picks them up so quickly. LOL both the good and the bad which certainly keeps things interesting.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 09:05 PM   #1507
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,130 Times in 4,735 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I was out on the deck w/ dogs enjoying the sunset when the puppy was so hypnotized by a helicopter overhead she walked into the house lol banged her face off the house and looked at me like "What Happened " all the time she kept looking where did that noisey thing go !
Old 05-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #1508
Kenna

How Do You Identify?:
Fiery, Sassy, Tough As Nails, Femme Tomboy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
I am your favorite hello and hardest goodbye.

Thanked 12,096 Times in 3,753 Posts
Kenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST ReputationKenna Has the BEST Reputation

Baby Briar is a total hellion for Blade (never settles down for him and always chews on him)...she loves him to pieces and knows he lets her be a hellion. But while I've got her, she tries to be a luv bug.
Kenna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenna For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 06:01 AM   #1509
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Loki tripped me in his haste to be fed. I'm pretty good at catching myself after 8 months of this but it sure gets old. He's lucky he has other redeeming qualities. Gracie was freaking adorable. She loves to play in the tub while I do things in the bathroom. Now, she's taken to picking up the hair strainer and carrying it around like it's her baby. The thing is bigger than her head!

Currently, she's on the back of the sofa, staring out the window with her pupils tiny slits in her big green eyes. Loki is MIA, which means he's either nursing his ego from getting whupped by Gracie or he's hot and is hiding in the shadows under the furniture.

I'm misunderestimated.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:15 AM   #1510
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

My cat loves amazon boxes. Currently, there are three empty ones on the floor in the livingroom. He hangs out in all of them.

So, continuing with my house purge, I needed to start another donation box. So I grabbed one of HIS amazon boxes. I took it to another floor and put a bathroom light fixture in it.

Hours later as I was passing through the landing, he was squeezed into the box with the light fixture. (this is what cracked me up) I pretended not to notice, so he took his tail and started smacking the box so I'd look at him, and then he sneered. :-)

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 01:24 AM   #1511
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominique View Post
My cat loves amazon boxes. Currently, there are three empty ones on the floor in the livingroom. He hangs out in all of them.

So, continuing with my house purge, I needed to start another donation box. So I grabbed one of HIS amazon boxes. I took it to another floor and put a bathroom light fixture in it.

Hours later as I was passing through the landing, he was squeezed into the box with the light fixture. (this is what cracked me up) I pretended not to notice, so he took his tail and started smacking the box so I'd look at him, and then he sneered. :-)
It seems like a thing. Maybe Amazon dusts the insides with catnip. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks they might do it as an advertising ploy...dust insides with catnip and the resident cat(s) will take ownership of said boxes making the Amazon logo frequently visible to the human who thinks of using Amazon more often. lol.

Not horribly unimaginable or am I crazy OR perhaps both?
Am often called a crazy cat lady so.....you choose.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 07:58 PM   #1512
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,326 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Pets

I posted in a different thread that I have taken over the care (again) of the neighborhood outside kitty. Tonight I went outside to pet her but when my kitten jumped into the window the outside kitty went all Rambo on my hand. I cleaned up but it does worry me.

I think she must be sad that my neighbor's are gone and left her behind.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 06-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #1513
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Petunia slept with me last night. I woke up this morning to both dogs guarding the bedroom door. Wagging their tails when I rose to take them outside. All three of them can be so affectionate, yet super silly and so adorable.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #1514
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

They played with the toy I set up for them when I'm not there. It's some fun stuff....feathers, fuzzy balls, streamers....on a stick so I stick the stick in the sofa cushions so they can wiggle it and bat it and chew on it and it stays right there.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2018, 08:26 PM   #1515
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Apparently, my dog got lucky today......

How do you not see THAT coming?
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 06:44 PM   #1516
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,009 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

They are clinging to my side since I just got back from a weekend away.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2018, 07:01 PM   #1517
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

I have made a mistake and it is not an easy task to untrain.

Last week I started feeding them outside. Now Jennifer Avery and Jeffrey Alan won't eat indoors anymore. Kevie Daniel is not picky. He will eat anything, anywhere, anytime I fill his bowl and offer it to him.

Anyway, they have been in and out all day. They want to be outside but after 15 minutes in brutal heat, they want back in the 65 degree bedroom.
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #1518
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
I have made a mistake and it is not an easy task to untrain.

Last week I started feeding them outside. Now Jennifer Avery and Jeffrey Alan won't eat indoors anymore. Kevie Daniel is not picky. He will eat anything, anywhere, anytime I fill his bowl and offer it to him.

Anyway, they have been in and out all day. They want to be outside but after 15 minutes in brutal heat, they want back in the 65 degree bedroom.
That's easy enough to fix. Refuse to feed them outside. They will eat inside when they get hungry enough. At least it's not a life long habit you're trying to correct. They should figure it out soon enough.

For my own little furlings, Loki went berserk this morning after breakfast. They always feel a little wiley after they eat the wet stuff but he was puffing up at nothing and crying and running all over the furniture. I looked at Gracie and asked her what was wrong with her brother and I swear she shrugged.

For dinner, Loki was so concerned with finishing Gracie's food that he left a bunch in his wet bowl so I called Gracie over to it. Ha!

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 05:54 AM   #1519
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation
Default Hey Gemme

Wet food is to your kitty babies like sugar is to children.
LOL! Wires them up tight!
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2018, 07:06 AM   #1520
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn View Post
Wet food is to your kitty babies like sugar is to children.
LOL! Wires them up tight!
lol

Not exactly. I think Loki gets so wound up because it's been a long time between dinner and breakfast and he's still learning how to stretch the dry food from lunch all the way through. Most of the vets I talked to recommended a total wet food diet for them for moisture content but I think they both like the crunch of dry. It's satisfying to them so I make sure they get both.

On a related note, I'm whittling down Loki's calorie intake and maybe that has something to do with his newfound spryness. Maybe he's losing weight. It's hard to tell with him. He would be a giant cat if he was emaciated. I think if I can get him between 13-14 lbs, he'll be good. I'll confirm with the vet at the next visit but I'm pretty sure that would be a good weight for him.

He's still crazy obsessed with food and that's probably going to be a lifelong thing but once he gets to playing or I run them with the laser pointer, he doesn't think about it so much, so I'm doing that as well.

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:

Tags
animals, pets