Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 07-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #161
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am bored with being laid up already and I still have 6 treatments to go. I don't ring the fucking bell until Sept 16th and I am already buggy. I still have radiation and surgery after that!!!!!!! I am pissy and bored. I really need a new hobby, one I can do inside. ARGGGGG
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 08:43 AM   #162
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

It's a new day. Yesterday, I got mad at what was feeling like my life was put on hold by cancer. Today, woke up with a better attitude.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:58 AM   #163
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi Debby,

Good Morning! I am restricted by my mobility, and misaligned hips. It is a struggle being active. I can understand how you feel. One thing I took up is birdwatching, plus I have my 2 squirrels, Hank and Honey, who I feed. You may want to look into these for hobbies. At one time I participated in a ferel cat community behind my home until a nasty neighbor called Animal Control to have the cats removed. Grrrrrrrr

There are some days when my body just hurts so very badly, and most people just don't get it when they are working, have kids, and a busy lifestyle. Plus, in my case my age is a factor being close to 50 yo. I think it makes a huge difference in perspective.

I wish you much peace and love,
Andrew
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #164
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

I truly understand. I feel like my life is in limbo. I am 51 and not ready to be old. Elevation is too high here for squirrels, but we feed the ferel cats and so does another neighbor. We have trapped and fixed quite a few of them.
Hope you are able to put your feet up and heal. Sounds like you are as blessed as I am with a wonderful, caring partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Hi Debby,

Good Morning! I am restricted by my mobility, and misaligned hips. It is a struggle being active. I can understand how you feel. One thing I took up is birdwatching, plus I have my 2 squirrels, Hank and Honey, who I feed. You may want to look into these for hobbies. At one time I participated in a ferel cat community behind my home until a nasty neighbor called Animal Control to have the cats removed. Grrrrrrrr

There are some days when my body just hurts so very badly, and most people just don't get it when they are working, have kids, and a busy lifestyle. Plus, in my case my age is a factor being close to 50 yo. I think it makes a huge difference in perspective.

I wish you much peace and love,
Andrew
Old 07-05-2011, 01:50 PM   #165
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

A question for those who have had steroids in their chemo protocol. Has anyone dealt with the manic high/low side effect and if so, is there anything you can do to counter-balance it? no problem here with the high part but the low part is brutal!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2011, 02:50 PM   #166
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,337 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
A question for those who have had steroids in their chemo protocol. Has anyone dealt with the manic high/low side effect and if so, is there anything you can do to counter-balance it? no problem here with the high part but the low part is brutal!

Hopefully someone experiencing that can respond, in relation the manic side effects due to chemo. I am hypermanic with no chemo, but that's another brutal world.

No experience, but I found this when I Googled. "chemotherapy are given Dexamethasone to counteract certain side-effects of .... irritability, euphoria, mania; "
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2011, 05:38 PM   #167
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I didn't put that together at first. I thought it was depression from cancer, etc. The Dr suggested antidepressants, but I am too nervous about coming off of them later.

I am blessed and have a partner that reminds me to breathe and take a break. We have both joined support groups and its made all the difference. There is also a Cancer Wellness Center with FREE massage and yoga!!!!!

BTW, if it gets to me to much, I just scream. Scares the dogs, but sometimes it feels like the thing to do. Seems to motivate me to get out of myself.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #168
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default Clay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debby View Post
I am bored with being laid up already and I still have 6 treatments to go. I don't ring the fucking bell until Sept 16th and I am already buggy. I still have radiation and surgery after that!!!!!!! I am pissy and bored. I really need a new hobby, one I can do inside. ARGGGGG
I just ordered this clay, and it is in the mail. LWF said she absolutely loves it. I am going to make small shields with raised family crests, and some small masks.
http://www.pearlpaint.com/shop-Air-D...2999_2963.html

Air Dry Clay

Like all moist clays, Boneware is easily kept soft and pliable as long as desired if moist with water and covered with a damp cloth while not in use. Finished pieces become bone hard when allowed to dry. No firing, no baking necessary. May be decorated with tempera, oil paints, and enamels. Packed moist and ready to use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 07-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #169
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Has anyone introduced you to second life? (It's a virtual world game, big glbtg community, many members from here are on there) The best part about second life is it is 24 hours a day...... go to u tube and watch a few tutorials of second life, so you can get an idea of what it is.

I'm not extremely second life literate, i was barely able to walk, but i'm sure we can get you in there and registered ect....

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #170
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
I just ordered this clay, and it is in the mail. LWF said she absolutely loves it. I am going to make small shields with raised family crests, and some small masks.
http://www.pearlpaint.com/shop-Air-D...2999_2963.html

Air Dry Clay

Like all moist clays, Boneware is easily kept soft and pliable as long as desired if moist with water and covered with a damp cloth while not in use. Finished pieces become bone hard when allowed to dry. No firing, no baking necessary. May be decorated with tempera, oil paints, and enamels. Packed moist and ready to use.
That is a great idea!! I am taking a trip to some craft stores this afternoon and will loof for it..THANK YOU Tommi! This looks like what I will need to keep my mind busy wonder if it can handle the outdoors....mind is running with it already..lol
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #171
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
Has anyone introduced you to second life? (It's a virtual world game, big glbtg community, many members from here are on there) The best part about second life is it is 24 hours a day...... go to u tube and watch a few tutorials of second life, so you can get an idea of what it is.

I'm not extremely second life literate, i was barely able to walk, but i'm sure we can get you in there and registered ect....
Thank you, I will check it out, too. I know my niece plays second life, so she will be happy to clue me in.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:07 AM   #172
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
That is a great idea!! I am taking a trip to some craft stores this afternoon and will look for it..THANK YOU Tommi! This looks like what I will need to keep my mind busy wonder if it can handle the outdoors....mind is running with it already..lol
I think it can. This product looks and feels awesome. I have a small face LeftWriteFemme made and sent me as an example before I ordered 50 pounds online. It feels solid , just like stoneware. I sculpt in other clays that have to be fired and this one does not, so I can't wait till it gets her on the 13th.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:12 AM   #173
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
That is a great idea!! I am taking a trip to some craft stores this afternoon and will loof for it..THANK YOU Tommi! This looks like what I will need to keep my mind busy wonder if it can handle the outdoors....mind is running with it already..lol
Don't forget to exercise even when you are tired. It will help with the fatigue. Even just a slow walk around the block.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #174
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
I think it can. This product looks and feels awesome. I have a small face LeftWriteFemme made and sent me as an example before I ordered 50 pounds online. It feels solid , just like stoneware. I sculpt in other clays that have to be fired and this one does not, so I can't wait till it gets her on the 13th.
I bookmarked in case I didn't find it my craft store search. Price is good. I just keep picturing my new queer friendly garden gnomes. lol
Old 07-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #175
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Don't forget to exercise even when you are tired. It will help with the fatigue. Even just a slow walk around the block.
Our dogs make sure that happens.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #176
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums

Quote:
I bookmarked in case I didn't find it my craft store search. Price is good. I just keep picturing my new queer friendly garden gnomes. lol

AHhhhh. GREAT IDEA>>>

Old 07-09-2011, 09:45 AM   #177
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:

AHhhhh. GREAT IDEA>>>

Good thing for no HOA. lol
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM   #178
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Free Magazine Free to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in the U.S

Just received the latest issue of CURE magazine. Always something new, always something to remind me about taking care of me, and ART stuff too. It's also available as an eMagazine at -->

Link for a Free subscription* I would like a FREE subscription of CURE. (Free to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in the U.S.)

Last edited by Tommi; 07-09-2011 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #179
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Just received the latest issue of CURE magazine. Always something new, always something to remind me about taking care of me, and ART stuff too. It's also available as an eMagazine at -->

Link for a Free subscription* I would like a FREE subscription of CURE. (Free to cancer patients, survivors, and caregivers in the U.S.)
Thanks, Tommi! I went and signed up.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #180
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default I have mail, and I smiled.

A happy face on a prescription blank, inside an envelope from my Oncologist with my annual follow-up to uterine cancer.

I am still anxious when I open it. A little check mark on a little box beside:

"All test results are negative" and a hand drawn happy face.

Seven years, cancer free.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post: