Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 10-24-2013, 11:04 PM   #1261
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,660 Times in 7,652 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Well, tonight was Boston's opportunity to demonstrate how slopping fielding will come back to bite you in the ass.

Maybe now John Farrell will consider using Daniel Nava, the eighth leading hitter in the league, over Johnny Gomes?

The look on Craig Breslow's face summed it up for me:

Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 06:28 AM   #1262
MaineButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me for dinner
Relationship Status:
In the wind

MaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST Reputation

WOW last nights game was a good one. I thought we was going to win it after Big Poppie hit the homerun and we was up by one. I think they should have left Lester in for another inning. Oh well we have this weekend to move ahead <crosses fingers>
I do like good games!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #1263
MaineButch

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me for dinner
Relationship Status:
In the wind

MaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST ReputationMaineButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

Well, tonight was Boston's opportunity to demonstrate how slopping fielding will come back to bite you in the ass.

Maybe now John Farrell will consider using Daniel Nava, the eighth leading hitter in the league, over Johnny Gomes?

The look on Craig Breslow's face summed it up for me:

I hear ya that is why we killed them the first night <sighs>

At least they didn't walk all over us like we did them the 1st game.
Old 10-25-2013, 06:41 AM   #1264
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

my personal opinion is different than what I have read ~ I was very disappointed in the field ~ Lackey gave all he could w. no co operation w/ the exception of Pedroia ~ he ROCKS ~ * I curtsey to the pitching coach of the Cardinals ** Tomorrow night will hopefully be a better outcome ~ disappointed fan ~
Old 10-25-2013, 08:52 AM   #1265
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

It's like they are holding auditions to see who will be the Bill Buckner of the 2013 World Series.

The Sox better plug the holes in their defense. And wake up those bats. They are not on an even pitching playing field with the Cardinals. They have to rely on their strengths. It's not the time to let the 2nd worse team at stealing bases pull double steals on you.

The teams are rather evenly matched it's just that their strengths and weaknesses are in different areas of the game. The team who takes the World Series will be the team who finds a way to ramp up their strengths and cover up their weaknesses.

Last night that wasn't the Red Sox.

Lackey did pretty good balancing the pitching game even though arguably he was not the superior pitcher, but their strengths all but disappeared.
Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 09:47 AM   #1266
Miss July

How Do You Identify?:
Bitchy, Self Sufficient, High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mizz (Bitch)
Relationship Status:
Not LOOKING

Miss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST ReputationMiss July Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up Big Papi

I just Big Papi

I Am A Bitch, But I Ain't Yo Bitch

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u.../ny/ny1303.gif
Miss July is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss July For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #1267
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

So has anyone heard if Big Papi is going to play 1st base in St. Louis? There is no DH in the National League parks. I agree that defense is critical, but there is no way I would leave him out of the lineup.

I think St. Louis definitely has the edge in pitching, Boston in big money players who come through in the clutch. It should be interesting.
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #1268
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
So has anyone heard if Big Papi is going to play 1st base in St. Louis? There is no DH in the National League parks. I agree that defense is critical, but there is no way I would leave him out of the lineup.

I think St. Louis definitely has the edge in pitching, Boston in big money players who come through in the clutch. It should be interesting.

Good question BullDog. The media here seems to be avoiding asking or even speculating on who is going to be sitting out in the national league park games.

Both Napoli and Ortiz have had super play off stats so sitting either of them is a problem. Napoli is a catcher by trade and there is some talk of putting him behind the plate. But, he is unfamiliar with the pitchers and "out of practice" at the position which could cause problems in and of itself.

I cant remember the last time Ortiz played in the field. He wasn't that good at first to begin with.

It will be interesting to see the line up tomorrow.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #1269
BullDog
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Stone Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 22,782 Times in 4,470 Posts
BullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST ReputationBullDog Has the BEST Reputation

I did just read an article in the Washington Post that quoted Farrell as saying that Ortiz would likely be at first on Friday, and that they would take it from there. It also said he wouldn't put Napoli behind the plate. That is probably the most likely scenario. Napoli has been great in the playoffs too, so it hurts for the Sox to not have both of them in the lineup. They will have a really good pinch hitter to bring in. The article also said Ortiz only played 6 games at first this year. If needed, Game 6 and 7 will be back in Boston, so that's good news for them because they will go back to the DH in those games.

It was great to see Mo Rivera and his family at Fenway last night!
BullDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BullDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 AM   #1270
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullDog View Post
Napoli has been great in the playoffs too, so it hurts for the Sox to not have both of them in the lineup. They will have a really good pinch hitter to bring in. The article also said Ortiz only played 6 games at first this year. If needed, Game 6 and 7 will be back in Boston, so that's good news for them because they will go back to the DH in those games.
I have always thought the National League has a slight advantage in the World's Series because of the use of, dependency on, the DH or lack there of by the American League. But that's baseball and there are always shifting advantages in any game or series.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 11:08 AM   #1271
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

hopefully Ortiz will be playing the field cause Napoli cant hit the ball like Ortiz can~
Old 10-26-2013, 11:38 AM   #1272
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I know nada about baseball and won't even ATTEMPT to contribute here....

but

GO SOX!!!!!!

I've been waiting since like what? 2004 to say that....that was the last time I honestly cared about baseball
Old 10-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #1273
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post

My 2004 World Series hat is looking ragged. A 2013 one would be sweet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
GO SOX!!!!!!

I've been waiting since like what? 2004 to say that....that was the last time I honestly cared about baseball
Okay is there something about the 2007 World Series win that I don't know about? Cinnamongrrl didn't care about it. Kobi didn't even want a hat. What am I missing here?

It's not like the Red Sox had so many World Series wins we might just accidentally forget about one.

But people don't seem to like the 2007 win.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #1274
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
hopefully Ortiz will be playing the field cause Napoli cant hit the ball like Ortiz can~
Apparently Ortiz will be playing first tonight. Hopefully that ends up being the right decision. Although I don't think there really is any other one Farrell could make at this point.
Old 10-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #1275
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tick View Post
Okay is there something about the 2007 World Series win that I don't know about? Cinnamongrrl didn't care about it. Kobi didn't even want a hat. What am I missing here?

It's not like the Red Sox had so many World Series wins we might just accidentally forget about one.

But people don't seem to like the 2007 win.

It isn't that 2007 wasn't special.

2004 was just freakin awesome. To be one out away from being swept by the Yanks in the division playoffs, to winning an unprecedented 4 straight to eliminate the Yanks, to sweeping the Cards.....it was just special. 86 years worth of special.

2007 didnt have the same impact. Or the history. BTW, I did have a hat. It got blown off my head by an unexpected gust of wind while in the middle of the Atlantic. If it had been my 2004 hat, I would have jumped in after it. LOL.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 10:45 PM   #1276
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Obstruction?

Really?

Next on Bloopers - the 2013 world series.

SMH.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #1277
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

%}{#]*]=+{^{!!!!!!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #1278
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamongrrl View Post
I know nada about baseball and won't even ATTEMPT to contribute here....

but

GO SOX!!!!!!

To be fair, prior to 2004, some people had been waiting from 1918 to say that ... the curse of the Bambino

I'm glad to see the Cardinals leading at this stage. The first ever item of baseball memorabilia that I purchased, about 15 years ago, was the Cardinal's program from the 1931 World Series against the Philadelphia Athletics. I bought it simply due to its beautiful cover which had the Cardinals' logo and an illustration of the Spirit of St Louis (Charles Lindberg's plane on the front).

So, for that fairly random reason alone, I've always had a soft spot for the Cardinals. Combined with my distaste of the Red Sox, I'm certainly hoping the Cardinals win their third World Series in eight years.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 03:55 AM   #1279
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached ❤️

Thanked 32,003 Times in 9,945 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 AM   #1280
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

No Red Sox fan is ever going to like that obstruction call, (we would have loved one in game 3 of the 1975 World Series against the Reds, when Ed Armbrister's obstruction of Carlton Fisk was a no call) but that wasn’t why the Sox lost.

For the second straight game Saltalamacchia, threw a ball away from home plate to third base. And he shouldn’t have even been in the game at that point. When Farrell brought in Workman in the bottom of the 8th instead of putting him in the ninth spot in the order he should have put Ross in for Saltalamacchia in the ninth spot. It would have pushed the pitcher’s slot 7 spots further. Even given that stupid mistake, Workman should never had batted in the ninth, Napoli should have. It was shitty defense coupled with poor game management that lost the game, not the obstruction call. Oh and where the hell did the Red Sox’s offense go? I mean I get that the Cards have good pitching, but still, the Red Sox offense has left the ball park.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post: