Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > BUTCHFEMMEPLANET.COM NEWS AND INFORMATION > Questions from Members/ Troubleshooting

Old 07-01-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD

hi everyone,
i use google chrome and have never had any trouble getting to the chat bit of butchfemme unless the chat is down.
Yesterday however when i pressed the Chat link on the right hand side of the homepage, it tried to load the chat screen then suddenly it went to a red screen with the title subject DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD.
just wanted to know have any of you had this problem, and if so how did you fix it.
i have reported this message to the google site.
I just find it really weird how this as all of a sudden happened, when i havent changed any settins at all on my laptop.
Any help on this would be great.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default problem solved

looks like i have solved the problem.
it looks like it was to do with chrome browsing setting.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:45 AM   #3
PoeticWitch

How Do You Identify?:
Queer... that is all you get
Preferred Pronoun?:
um... she.. I think... *shrug* call me anything that pleases ya
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,131 Times in 377 Posts
PoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST ReputationPoeticWitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
could you tell me what setting because I am still having problems. I have to use Microsoft Edge to enter.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,382 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I've never gone into chat, but on the topic of Chrome; I use it for casual browsing like this site and though no problems here immediately after updating chrome Netflix went wonky. That has also been traced to Chrome itself, so I think odd things may happen until an update or patch is available. Using a different browser works fine for me.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Could you share how you fixed it? I had the same issue yesterday! I switched over to explorer and used that to get in finally but I'd much rather use chrome.
Thanks
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 04:33 PM   #6
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,268 Times in 1,633 Posts
TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
hi everyone,
i use google chrome and have never had any trouble getting to the chat bit of butchfemme unless the chat is down.
Yesterday however when i pressed the Chat link on the right hand side of the homepage, it tried to load the chat screen then suddenly it went to a red screen with the title subject DECEPTIVE SITE AHEAD.
just wanted to know have any of you had this problem, and if so how did you fix it.
i have reported this message to the google site.
I just find it really weird how this as all of a sudden happened, when i havent changed any settins at all on my laptop.
Any help on this would be great.
Ok, I have the same problem. How did you fix it Jools?
Old 07-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
indianfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Single

indianfemme is on a distinguished road
Default Deceptive Site?

Is there a security vulnerability that we need to be concerned about?
indianfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:15 PM   #8
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

TruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST ReputationTruTexan Has the BEST Reputation
Default Security issue?

I'm not willing to change my chrome settings unless Linus says to in a how to fix this issue. It could be something wrong security wise. I notified chaperone about it to contact Linus on this issue, because it wasn't acting up with Chrome browser last night on my favorites link or site link as of yesterday and I haven't done anything different to chrome, it's been updated for while now.
Old 07-01-2016, 05:25 PM   #9
indianfemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Single

indianfemme is on a distinguished road

I am not changing as well unless we have a solution..
indianfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to indianfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 06:45 PM   #10
Chaperone

How Do You Identify?:
Chatroom Moderator
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Involved with All Chatters

Chaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST Reputation

I've written to Linus. I know it's frustrating, but if you can, please be patient as it is the holiday weekend and I'm sure we're all hoping that he's having a fun holiday.

I'm sure he'll respond as soon as he sees this and figures out what the issue is

In the meantime, try not to beat up your computer I know you feel like this

If you CAN use a different browser, like IE or Mozilla, do so in the meantime and no doubt Linus will be here as soon as he can to help

If anyone else is having the same problems, please also post here so we have an idea how widespread this issue is
Chaperone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaperone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #11
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

I am having problems with Chrome and i am not willing to change either
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:03 PM   #12
Virago

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:
Single

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,128 Times in 306 Posts
Virago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST ReputationVirago Has the BEST Reputation
Default To Linus

I just got the same message on my Chrome. Quite scary

Big read screen with a red X in a white octogon shape.

"Phishing Attack Ahead

Attackers on upload1.topcmm.net might try to trick you to steal your information (for example, passswords, messages, or credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

Linus, I took a screenshot of it if you want the photo
Virago is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Virago For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 07:04 PM   #13
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation

I attempted chat using Chrome and received the same Alert.

I switched to IE and had no issue whatsoever.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 07:39 PM   #14
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virago View Post
I just got the same message on my Chrome. Quite scary

Big read screen with a red X in a white octogon shape.

"Phishing Attack Ahead

Attackers on upload1.topcmm.net might try to trick you to steal your information (for example, passswords, messages, or credit cards).

Automatically report details of possible security incidents to Google. Privacy policy

Linus, I took a screenshot of it if you want the photo

This is EXACTLY what I got too. Security Alert from Chrome Blocking the chat room. I won't use another browser until I know for sure it's not a fluke. I don't want my computer infected.
Old 07-01-2016, 08:14 PM   #15
Arden

How Do You Identify?:
Female, femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
"and if you help me to start again, you know that I'll be there for you in the end. "

Arden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST ReputationArden Has the BEST Reputation

I've gotten the red warning 2 nights in a row now...super weird.
Old 07-01-2016, 10:05 PM   #16
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Hrmm... I'll have to see if we can get removed from Google's phishing list. It isn't us but rather the chat provider. We have been looking at others since this provider has basically gone out of business, has no support and likely has been targetted by attackers. I can't guarantee that we'll be able to get it done quickly however.

I'll give an heads up to Medusa. Perhaps this might be an incentive to move to another chat program.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 10:58 PM   #17
Chaperone

How Do You Identify?:
Chatroom Moderator
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Involved with All Chatters

Chaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST ReputationChaperone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
Hrmm... I'll have to see if we can get removed from Google's phishing list. It isn't us but rather the chat provider. We have been looking at others since this provider has basically gone out of business, has no support and likely has been targetted by attackers. I can't guarantee that we'll be able to get it done quickly however.

I'll give an heads up to Medusa. Perhaps this might be an incentive to move to another chat program.
do you think that chatters are at risk even through IE or firefox? Or is it just chrome
Chaperone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaperone For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2016, 11:54 PM   #18
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaperone View Post
do you think that chatters are at risk even through IE or firefox? Or is it just chrome
The reality is if the chat site is truly being used for malware it could impact any user regardless of the browser used.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2016, 02:58 AM   #19
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

having read what people have said i have changed my settings back again.
Because this sounds like a security risk.
so best not to change ya setting until we have the all clear.
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2016, 08:18 AM   #20
TruTexan

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Single

Default BUMP !

If the possibility is real for malware in our chat room due to no fault of our own, then why not shut down our access to chat until we find a new one? Just to make sure no one is infected? And put up a sticky about it?