Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I've found some great recipes as well:

Crispy parmesean & garlic chicken breast (using panko crumbs), its quicky, tasty and reasonably healthy.
http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/2...c-chicken.html

Wilted arugula, asparagus & bacon salad with a warm sherry vinaigrette, SOOOO delicious. Sub in a turkey or soy bacon if you prefer.
http://m.finecooking.com/recipes/wil...naigrette.aspx

Cilantro-lime shrimp which I often pair with a tomato/avocado/cuke & onion salad.
http://www.lanascooking.com/2011/06/...o-lime-shrimp/
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/07...cucumbers.html
Old 05-06-2012, 03:48 PM   #22
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:
Deliciously single and loving it.

Thanked 3,383 Times in 864 Posts
chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Green View Post
Pinterest drives me nuts. If I allow it, it could suck up my whole morning. It's cool.

But, imagine how HARD it had to have been when the person who invented it, went to give the pitch to get the venture capital.

How the heck do you describe Pinterest and why it is cool to a potential investor or non-user? How would you describe what makes it special or user-friendly or interesting, so that someone would toss a million bucks into its development?

Why is it so cool and how did it get that way?

And it goes without saying that I have pinned exactly nothing...I just look, and look, and look some more...!
I use pinterest as an ever evolving bookmark system. I used to bookmark a ton of stuff, figuring, "oh I will go back and look at that more thoroughly later." Well, later might be weeks later, and by then, I have forgotten why I bookmarked in the first place, or the moment has passed. Plus, bookmarking stuff takes up space in the puter, and I like my space to be free. So, I went through all my bookmarks, found what I wanted to save, pinned the link and wa la!!!! All my followers can now share in what I find to be interesting and funky, without having to email a link to a friend. And all these new followers, well, they have their own ideas of what is interesting and funky, which they share, and then I can share in their bookmark!!! So really, it sort of pays it forward! Some people like me, like to browse the web, and enjoy stumbling across random stuff. Well, I like to share random stuff. I think my stuff is pretty awesome, and I want to share my awesomeness!

I am a visual and tactile person. For a recipe for a nice meal, I need to see what is being described. I need to know what my goal is! Not, "whatta you mean, this doesn't look EXACTLY how it is described!!!"

I like being able to bookmark something quickly, do a ton of bookmarking, then go back and weed out what I really don't want.

It's like looking at your rich friends trips to Italy, Morocco, Kathmandu, Egypt, and Moose Jaw, all on your own time! You can yawn when getting bored and not hurt anyone's feelings!

Recipes to try.
Shampoo to make.
Unique uses for broken teapots.

I mean, it's just endless!!!!!

Oh I could go on, but honestly, I've got some pinning to do!!!
chai~ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #23
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

chai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputationchai~ Has the BEST Reputation

Today I am going to package up the heirloom seeds that I "harvested" from the tomato's that I picked up from Trader Joe's. Someone told me that the tomato's sometimes get messed with, so that when you plant the seeds, the plant will grow, but will NOT produce fruit. I don't know it that is true, but I've planted a couple of seeds, and they are growing, so time will tell if they produce or not!
Will let you all know cuz I know you're dying to know!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:10 AM   #24
deedarino

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
In recovery.

Thanked 1,956 Times in 497 Posts
deedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputationdeedarino Has the BEST Reputation

Ok...I just made the best smoothie from pinterest. I am on a health kick and I have gotten TONS of recipes (and exercises) that are all wonderful.

This smoothie recipe has spinach in it and I can NOT taste it!

Coconut milk, protein powder, spinach, banana, chia seeds...NUM. I am going to try it with Cocao next...

I also tried that tip for using 1/2 cup ammonia in a freezer bag, add your stove drip pans (you know the ones that have crap all over them that never come off). Leave in the bag overnight and holy crap. Perfect. This tip alone would have saved me $$ every time I have moved. I have always just bought new ones.

Not to mention how many freaking funny things I see there, and inspirational quotes that help me get through a crappy day.

I could go on and on....
Squint your eyes and look closer. I'm not between you and your ambitions. I am a poster girl with no poster. I am thirty-two flavors and then some. And I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might want to turn your head~Ani

I want to think again
of dangerous and noble things;
I want to be light and frolicsome;
I want to be improbable, beautiful
and afraid of nothing as if I had wings

Mary Oliver
deedarino is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deedarino For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2012, 08:12 AM   #25
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

I agree about going on and on!!!

I swear, I go looking for tips on cooking and cleaning just so I can try them to see if they work!

I look for stuff to CLEAN!!!!!!!!

Nuts I tell ya!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #26
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

Anyone discover anything fabulous this week?
Old 05-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
Quintease

How Do You Identify?:
Rainbow femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
princess
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,816 Times in 417 Posts
Quintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST ReputationQuintease Has the BEST Reputation

I love Love LOVE Pinterest and everyone I knew, KNEW I was going to love it as all of a sudden I started getting invite requests. I hadn't even linked my pinterest and FB at that point.

I've gotta admit the fashion annoys me, I've unfollowed practically every page which has appeared on my feed. I was incredibly EXCITED when I discovered the site is a smorgasbord of recipes!! My poor hubby hates it already.

He's a pinterest widower.
Old 05-12-2012, 01:37 AM   #28
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

I have found a ton of recipes too that I have tried, or are planning to try!

I am also going to attempt to can and preserve this year!
*fingers crossed I don't poison anyone*
I have also put into practice some organizing tips, gardening ideas, and a few other random things.

I find it very rewarding in an "I can do that right now and make my life better," sort of way!

Or, ch*t, why didn't I think of that!!!

This weekend I am going to wander the beach, see if I can find some small pieces of driftwood, and make some simple, organic, light wooden earrings!

Will post a pic if I have success!
The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:31 PM   #29
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

I'm sure others have done this before it was cool to be "pinterested", but I'm going to share anyway.

At the dollar store, I picked up a package of cork board. 12x12, 2 sheets.

I have hot glued them to the inside of two cupboard doors. I have written out cheat sheet neon colored index cards for things such as, "food to keep in fridge or room temp", foods to ALWAYS buy organic because of the high pesticides, and foods that have low pesticides, and can be non organic. A recipe for organic home made veggie wash, and a cheat sheet for which spices will compliment what best! Tacked onto cork board, and the info is at my fingertips now!

Do I look for things to do to make my day and life easier? I sure do!
Does it seem like I am on an ever lasting make work project?
Perhaps!
But I like to know stuff, be informed, and if I can make things simpler for myself so I have more time to more and different stuff, well, I'm all over that ch#t!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #30
chai~

How Do You Identify?:
Self possessed Aquarian
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't call me baby~
Relationship Status:

The Following User Says Thank You to chai~ For This Useful Post: