Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

This is a hard world that we live in.

If we are lucky enough to find love anywhere; I think that we should take it.

No one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves.

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2017, 10:27 PM   #122
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 28,873 Times in 9,718 Posts
JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
This is a hard world that we live in.

If we are lucky enough to find love anywhere; I think that we should take it.

No one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves.
I love this post, especially the last part of no one gets to walk in our shoes but ourselves!
JDeere is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #123
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

JDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST ReputationJDeere Has the BEST Reputation

I joined a group for butch on butch, on Facebook a couple days ago. I like it so far, I'm just glad to see like minded folks, of sorts.
The Following User Says Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 10:20 PM   #124
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I just stumbled upon this thread. Looking forward to getting caught up on previous posts.

For some reason... I've been getting approached by butches lately. Its always awkward to convey to someone (subtlety or directly) that you're not interested. It feels even more so to tell someone that it's because they're butch. It feels a bit like shutting someone down before they even get out the gate. I don't like how that feels or sounds.

I like the femme energy ... and all that comes with it... that is opposite to my own masculine energy. The Ying and Yang that I find in butch/femme relationships.
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2017, 10:31 PM   #125
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I just stumbled upon this thread. Looking forward to getting caught up on previous posts.

For some reason... I've been getting approached by butches lately. Its always awkward to convey to someone (subtlety or directly) that you're not interested. It feels even more so to tell someone that it's because they're butch. It feels a bit like shutting someone down before they even get out the gate. I don't like how that feels or sounds.

I like the femme energy ... and all that comes with it... that is opposite to my own masculine energy. The Ying and Yang that I find in butch/femme relationships.
So you are saying that you don't think a butch/butch can be a ying/yang deal?
Old 05-27-2017, 10:52 PM   #126
Lyte

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Meh... I'm not very particular about this.
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 5,113 Times in 1,504 Posts
Lyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST ReputationLyte Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm saying... I've not met a butch that had the complimentary ... which has always been opposite energy .. that I dig.

No doubt there can be different types of Ying/Yang between two people. And no doubt some people dig Ying/Ying or Yang/Yang. I've just not experienced any combination that has led me towards butch women.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
So you are saying that you don't think a butch/butch can be a ying/yang deal?
Lyte is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lyte For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 AM   #127
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
I think I'm saying... I've not met a butch that had the complimentary ... which has always been opposite energy .. that I dig.

No doubt there can be different types of Ying/Yang between two people. And no doubt some people dig Ying/Ying or Yang/Yang. I've just not experienced any combination that has led me towards butch women.
I understand what you mean, however not all butches ID as women.
Old 06-25-2017, 12:27 AM   #128
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Anyone else open to this? I am curious to see the ratio of butch/butch to butch/femme!

Albert Einstein
Old 12-30-2017, 03:47 AM   #129
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

A few weeks ago a butch lesbian flirted with me..I felt nothing.She had short hair and no makeup and was wearing a flannel shirt,blue jeans and dr martens..basically what I wear sometimes.She had a deep voice(probably from smoking) and really beautiful deep blue eyes.Still it did nothing for me.She works at a local gas station and is always trying to give me free jo jo potatoes with my chicken order.

Now if she were a lipstick lesbian,i'd be at her mercy.
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #130
Dr_Finn

How Do You Identify?:
Nerdy Butch Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers
Relationship Status:
Gay Married

Dr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST ReputationDr_Finn Has the BEST Reputation

Butch/butch is amazing! I am married to a butch lesbian, and increasingly ID as butch myself after feeling tomboyish but experimenting with more femme attire and hair at various times in my adulthood. I find that experimenting with butch gender expression has made things feel hotter than ever between my wife and I. The friction of female masculinities has given us new energy and deeper connection.
Dr_Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr_Finn For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2018, 09:59 PM   #131
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Finn View Post
Butch/butch is amazing! I am married to a butch lesbian, and increasingly ID as butch myself after feeling tomboyish but experimenting with more femme attire and hair at various times in my adulthood. I find that experimenting with butch gender expression has made things feel hotter than ever between my wife and I. The friction of female masculinities has given us new energy and deeper connection.
Yay, yall give me hope that butch/butch is going to see more norm, in certain places!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JDeere For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 03:23 AM   #132
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

I think this is a good way of putting it. I'm a femme that *has* met other femmes that have tripped that yin/yang dance step. And that's when I am attracted to another femme - but only then. And and also I'm attracted to non-iding tomboy types who do the same thing.

Basically I don't care what the ID is of the person anymore, I care about the yin/yang thing, some kink yin/yang suitability too, the similar values, similar humour, and respecting each others independence (as I personally define my needs around that).

So I don't think the ID matters much in that regard, it can come inn any package.

to some folks, it does matter. It did matter to me, very much up until a couple years ago, even though I started to meet more and more femmes that *had* that yang to my yin that I went "oh! hello..." over.

I still don't find certain kinds of femininity very attractive - but then, I don't find certain kinds of masculinity very attractive either - never have. So I think that's more about the type of chocolate, rather than not liking chocolate itself (really don't like milk chocolate much and can't stand white chocolate, but I go ape for dark, dark chocolate, or spicy dark. Or semi-sweet dark)

But say 10 years ago, I would have been happy to fool around with a femme but never have a relationship with one.

I think there are plenty of butches who are slowly figuring their way around this. Most of the butches I personally know have zero issue with shagging other butches, most would date other butches and half of them would have relationships with other butches whether they be women, genderqueer, or trans.

But I don't live where you do JDeer. Most of the people I'm speaking of live in Canada or the UK.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2018, 12:26 PM   #133
firegal

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Don't let the gal part of my screen name fool ya I,m ALL butch!

1 Highscore

Thanked 11,736 Times in 2,469 Posts
firegal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputationfiregal Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Anyone else open to this? I am curious to see the ratio of butch/butch to butch/femme!
Butch/femme has been my history. For me its like "Baskin and Robbins" 31 flavors..... most folks love ice cream... but we all dont pick the same flavor..And you can savor more than one flavor
firegal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to firegal For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2018, 10:31 AM   #134
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Once I came home from work and caught my partner, who was butch and my ex, also butch, doing the do in the living room. On the hide-a-bed. So yeah it's out there. You just have to work to find it.
Oh dear.............
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2018, 02:40 PM   #135
JDeere
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/him/his
Relationship Status:
Single

I have joined a group on facebook for butch/butch. Lets just say its quite different.
Old 07-15-2018, 12:01 AM   #136
BermieSwim

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her ... hey you
Relationship Status:
Single

BermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST ReputationBermieSwim Has the BEST Reputation
Red face Butch/butch

Well I just read, I think, several years worth of discussion on this topic and I've been a butch all my life and have always been attracted to butch. I did learn one thing that surprised me though... I had no idea my 40 years of butch on butch relationships was shunned in any way. Why am I just hearing of this now??? LOL
BermieSwim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BermieSwim For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2018, 03:40 AM   #137
Breathless
Brat Extraordinaire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Happy

3 Highscores
Tournaments Won: 23

Thanked 4,101 Times in 958 Posts
Breathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST ReputationBreathless Has the BEST Reputation

I recall about 12 years ago.. a friend of mine was on the butch threads.. part of the mailing out group on a different site, and she was interested in a butch that was also in the group.. and they had to keep it hush as to not get kicked out of the group. Personally I think it's crazy.. we (generally speaking) are so hard on each other and ourselves.. Love is Love in my books, and if you are lucky enough to find it... embrace! enjoy! celebrate! and fuck those who can't get past their own judgements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BermieSwim View Post
Well I just read, I think, several years worth of discussion on this topic and I've been a butch all my life and have always been attracted to butch. I did learn one thing that surprised me though... I had no idea my 40 years of butch on butch relationships was shunned in any way. Why am I just hearing of this now??? LOL
Old 07-15-2018, 07:24 AM   #138
Brisa

How Do You Identify?:
Female

Brisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST ReputationBrisa Has the BEST Reputation
Default Brisa

I see Butch/Butch couples around all the time...it has been more common than you think....
Brisa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brisa For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2018, 07:50 AM   #139
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

My beautiful and talented femme bride is the yin to my yang, the chocolate in my peanut butter, the aroma in my roses, and ALL things that complement.

We both love it that way, our relationship has that Butch-femme energy that pops! Her feminine smells, the way she moves her body, the way she shakes out her long scrumptious red hair.

So, whatever works for you. But for us, it is most definitely the Butch/femme dynamic.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2018, 08:02 AM   #140
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathless View Post
I recall about 12 years ago.. a friend of mine was on the butch threads.. part of the mailing out group on a different site, and she was interested in a butch that was also in the group.. and they had to keep it hush as to not get kicked out of the group. Personally I think it's crazy.. we (generally speaking) are so hard on each other and ourselves.. Love is Love in my books, and if you are lucky enough to find it... embrace! enjoy! celebrate! and fuck those who can't get past their own judgements.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: