Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default The Little Things You Tell Yourself To Get You Through (A/The) Rough Spot

Yesterday Today..Please share even if it seems silly, weird, ordinary, or even painful..it's could be the very thing needed by someone when they are facing a hump, bump, rough patch, or?????

Mine today was:

"No, you do not need that crunchy donut, it's not raw or vegan, and you will be so unhappy you gave in to "it" once you've had the last yummy bite" (I can't believe I am telling you this)

Be Brave! Thanks
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:27 PM   #2
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

From the movie, Point of No Return, and said with dripping sarcasm and a saccharin smile....

"I never did mind about the little things..."
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:32 PM   #3
Dance-with-me

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

Thanked 1,926 Times in 378 Posts
Dance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST ReputationDance-with-me Has the BEST Reputation

Getting me through today - hitting a raccoon which tore up the front end of my car, for which I now have a $500 deductible at a time that's very tough for me financially, and while I'm in the middle of one of the most stressful times of my life overall:

Grant me
the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

That gets me through pretty much every day these days.

Can I change what happened? No.
Can I change the outcome? No.
Can I accept that it is what it is without falling into the Pit of Despair? Yes.
Can I look, with a head that isn't overwhelmed with stress and depression, at what I might be able to do to help get through this difficult time? Yes.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #4
Elijah

How Do You Identify?:
Genderqueer Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
Open to healthy possibilities...

Thanked 1,628 Times in 393 Posts
Elijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST ReputationElijah Has the BEST Reputation

"Feelings aren't facts", "This too shall pass" or "You are not tragically unique" or more softly put...you aren't alone or the first one to go this.

But what helps most of all is to pick up the phone and talk to a friend who will be compassionate balanced with a little side of truth and reality.

~Washington Irving
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Elijah For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 10:50 PM   #5
Cody0166
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Butch/Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Married

Cody0166 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
Mine today was:

"No, you do not need that crunchy donut, it's not raw or vegan, and you will be so unhappy you gave in to "it" once you've had the last yummy bite" (I can't believe I am telling you this)

Be Brave! Thanks
BUSTED
All crunchy donuts are mine!

Cody0166 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cody0166 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,325 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I play this song

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #7
RockOn

How Do You Identify?:
sitting over there ----->>>>> :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 10,310 Times in 2,609 Posts
RockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST ReputationRockOn Has the BEST Reputation

This is what I say to myself:

"I can stand it."

or

"Tighten up, you are not going to die from it."

or

"It's not that bad, get over it."

Then I do something to occupy my mind so I won't dwell on it.

And it does pass eventually ... or ... something worse comes up
and the original gets bumped to the back of the queue. (LOL! joking around)
RockOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RockOn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #8
TimilDeeps

How Do You Identify?:
queer fucker
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mine
Relationship Status:
I'm dating myself. It's really working out. I think I'm the one!!!

Thanked 1,471 Times in 445 Posts
TimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST ReputationTimilDeeps Has the BEST Reputation

All is well.
TimilDeeps is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TimilDeeps For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #9
always2late

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
m'lady

Thanked 6,231 Times in 1,462 Posts
always2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputationalways2late Has the BEST Reputation

I've found that when I'm facing something daunting it helps me to tell myself "You WILL do this!" rather than "You can do this." For some reason, it just gives me more momentum and resolve.

Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there ~ Rumi
always2late is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to always2late For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #10
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I know it sounds hokey, but I really do "give it up to God"
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
MarquisdeShey

How Do You Identify?:
bent
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/They
Relationship Status:
Minding my own business.

Thanked 4,726 Times in 921 Posts
MarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST ReputationMarquisdeShey Has the BEST Reputation

Sometimes I like to tell myself "you've done harder things than this" or "you will know what you're capable of when its finished"
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MarquisdeShey For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
Soft*Silver
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,565 Times in 3,960 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

I have survived so much in my life...things legends are made of. So I always tell myself I did all that..I can do (this) too.

I also am a firm believe in giving time time. Wait it out. Sometimes thats all I can do.

and if I am feeling particularly horsey at the time, my fall backs are...

"Just ride it like a good horse"

"Sit in the saddle until the ride is over..."

But then I also ask myself, whats my choice? To do this or die? Or lose a job? Or a friendship or? Just do it then.

And my last resort pep talk is "you know you wont survive prison"
and I mean it when I actually have to pull this one out!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Soft*Silver For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #13
Hollylane
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 26,373 Times in 5,877 Posts
Hollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST ReputationHollylane Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by always2late View Post
I've found that when I'm facing something daunting it helps me to tell myself "You WILL do this!" rather than "You can do this." For some reason, it just gives me more momentum and resolve.
Hollylane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Hollylane For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2013, 11:39 PM   #14
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I go for long walks. Sometimes in the city so I can just absorb, other times on trails where I can release. While on them I like to focus on how strong I feel, how good my body feels doing what it's designed to do.

I also remind myself that most people are more concerned with what their own ass looks like.
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 AM   #15
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

When I use to ride hoprses for a liveing there were times I knew I was probly
in way over my head in competition with some other trainers with the horses they rode.I use to tell myself this...I am as well mounted as anyone just do what you know how to do best and trust in your team mate(horse) or make a plan now ride the plan.Some said it was corney but heck it worked for me.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #16
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

I stomp, scream, growl, cuss, hell-- I blow a gasket. Then I take a vigorous walk which usually brings tears. By the time I return home, my heads clear, and my lil inner voice whispers--- "lean not upon your own understanding."
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #17
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,371 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Something my dad always told me...

No matter how bad things are in your life, someone out there has it worse...that keeps me from drowning in a pity pool. It makes me realize, other people have overcome greater obstacles, I really have no right to complain
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
skeeter_01

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hey you!
Relationship Status:
Sleeping single in a double bed..

skeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputationskeeter_01 Has the BEST Reputation

I begin to thank my HP for giving me courage and strength to take care of what needs to be taken care of...even though I haven't felt the courage or strength yet...

I find my prayers work MUCH better for me when I say "thank you" instead of "please"...

Texting while driving is a real KILLER!!!

‎"It takes hundreds of nuts to hold a car together...but it takes only one nut to scatter them all over the highway..."
Jeff PARAMEDIC
skeeter_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to skeeter_01 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Talon

How Do You Identify?:
Divine Feminine
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 10,230 Times in 3,305 Posts
Talon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST ReputationTalon Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow One of two things that I say to myself, depending on the circumstance...

These feelings will pass.

Or...

Don't be a pussy.
Talon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Talon For This Useful Post:
Old 02-11-2013, 02:59 PM   #20
Amber2010

How Do You Identify?:
Happy, Crazy, Bubbly, Funny, Strong, Outgoing, Friendly
Preferred Pronoun?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Complicated

Amber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST ReputationAmber2010 Has the BEST Reputation

When it gets really bad and I feel like I just can't take any more I tell my self, "This time next year this will just be a memory and I made it though another rough time" I know that sounds weird but that does help me through it knowing the things that hurt so bad a year ago even though they are there just are not as strong inside as they were that day.
Amber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amber2010 For This Useful Post: