Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Body Beauty, Lifestyles

Old 11-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #21
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation

I did not include that because there is a very active workout thread already I can post the link here if you can't find it.

I'll add them anyway.

http://http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2069

http://http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
More recipes please!! How about exercise is that important too?? Just wondering if you do any exercise with this lo carb high protein diet??
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”

Last edited by Jesse; 11-15-2010 at 04:54 PM. Reason: added workout links
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-16-2010, 01:41 AM   #22
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default Sun-dried Tomato Cottage Cheese Muffin Recipe

Sun-dried Tomato Cottage Cheese Muffin Recipe

You can use the flour of your choice in this recipe. The original recipe calls for soy flour (great for people looking for a gluten-free option), oat flour or unbleached all-purpose flour will work as well. To grind the almonds I gave them a whirl in my food processor. You are looking for a flour-like consistency - be sure to stop short of turning them into an almond paste.
1 cup plain cottage cheese (low-fat is fine)
3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1/4 cup flour (see headnote)
1 cup almonds, very finely ground
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), finely chopped
1/4 cup basil, finely chopped
1/4 cup water
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Line a muffin pan with medium-sized paper baking cups, you'll need nine of them.
Put the cottage cheese into a bowl with all but 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, the flour, ground almonds, baking powder, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, water, and eggs, and season with salt, then mix all together.
Spoon the mixture into the muffin cups 3/4 full, scatter with the remaining Parmesan, and bake for 30-35 minutes, or until set, risen, and golden brown. Serve hot or at room temperature.
Makes 9 muffins.
“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 AM   #23
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Crust-less Quiche

Making a crust-less quiche is not much different than making a regular quiche. Actually it's easier, as there is one less thing to fiddle with. You do need some fat in the recipe to make it easy to remove from the pan, but unless you are making a super-low-fat version (using fat free milk, for example), you don't need to worry about greasing the pan.
Difficulty: Easy
Time Required: 20 minutes
Here's How:
  1. Prepare the solid ingredients - saute and season any raw meats and vegetables. About 1 to 1½ cups of these work well for one quiche - more if there is no or little cheese. About 1½ to 2 cups total solid ingredients for a 9" pie pan is about right.
  2. Spread meats and vegetables into a deep-dish pie pan.
  3. Spread shredded cheese on top of the other ingredients.
  4. Make the custard, using either a bowl with whisk, or a blender. A standard quiche might use 4 eggs to 1 and 1/2 cups of liquid, and this amount works well for a deep-dish 9" pie pan. You can use cream, milk, unsweetened soy milk, or a combination. Include seasonings as desired. I usually use salt, pepper, an herb or two if not already in the pan, and perhaps some dried mustard powder.
  5. Pour the custard over the solid ingredients, and put onto center rack of 375 F. oven for 30-45 minutes.
  6. Begin checking at half an hour. You want the outside to be done (a knife inserted comes out clean), but the center will be soft. (It will continue to cook after removing from oven.)
  7. Remove from oven. The center will cook in a few minutes. You can eat it warm, cold, or room temperature.
Tips:
  1. Make sure all ingredients other than the egg are fully cooked before adding to the pan.
  2. When layering ingredients, heaviest go in first, and cheese last.
  3. If top is browning too fast, cover with foil.
  4. Sprinkling the top with paprika is a nice touch.
  5. Great for using up leftover meats and veggies
  6. Freezes well- then simply reheat in microwave
What You Need:
  • 9" pie pan (Pyrex works well, or dark metal. Shiny metal isn't as good.)
  • Whisk or blender
  • Eggs
  • Other ingredients as desired
The Following User Says Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 11:25 PM   #24
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Banana Walnut Muffins

I am tossing this Banana Walnut Muffin recipe up then I will throw in a couple of Thanksgiving type of recipes.

1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup golden flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Splenda(or whatever sweetener you use)
1 teaspoon banana extract *
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt and Splenda.

Combine everything with the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups with the batter, dividing it evenly among them. You can spray the liners with cooking spray, but they didn't seem to stick too much.

Bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on a rack before removing from the pan.

Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with butter or cream cheese.

APPROXIMATE NUTRITION INFORMATION PER MUFFIN (MAKES 6 MUFFINS):
280 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

* I sometimes use mashed real banana instead of the extract and take the extra carbs into account, eating less carbs throughout the day that I eat these.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2010, 11:59 PM   #25
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

Thanked 4,241 Times in 1,845 Posts
morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

ok what would you do ........... if you were in this situation...
you have to drive...... and you hadnt had a chance to eat anything most of the day..... soo your getting hungry but cant stop to eat ..
have to do it on the go.......
only choices are......
mc donalds
and pizza...

i got 10 chicken nuggets and used a tiny bit of honey mustard.
if i was able to stop and eat.. i would of goten one of there salads.. i like them very much.. but its hard to eat that while ur drivng and at night .. plus the weather was nasty all the way to ind...

life is to short to wake up in the morning with regrets
so love the people who treat you right,
forget about the ones who dont,
and believe that everything happens for a reason.
If you get a chance take it... if it changes your life let it.
morningstar55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 12:18 AM   #26
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Marinated Mediterranean Salad

Ingredients:
  • 1 4.5-oz jar sliced mushrooms, drained (I prefer raw mushrooms)
  • 1 14-oz can artichoke hearts packed in water, drained and quartered
  • 1 4-oz can ripe olives, drained and halved lengthwise
  • 3 green onions with tops, sliced
  • 2/3 cup pepperoncini, sliced
  • 6 ounces summer sausage, cut into 1 1/2x1/4-inch pieces
  • 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, halved
  • 1 cup+ chunks of mozzarella cheese
  • 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) balsamic vinegar
  • 4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons pepperoncini juice (from jar of pickled peppers)
  • 3/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
Directions: In a large mixing bowl, combine mushrooms, artichoke hearts, olives, green onions, pepperoncini, summer sausage, pepperoni and mozzarella; toss to combine. In a small, deep mixing bowl combine vinegar, olive oil, pepperoncini juice, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper; stir to blend well and pour over ingredients in large mixing bowl. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate at least an hour or up to 24 hours, stirring a couple of times. Store any leftover salad, covered, in refrigerator.
Number of Servings: 6-8
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #27
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Have not tried this yet...

Lo Carb Pumpkin Pie

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 1 15 oz can pumpkin
  • 2 eggs
  • 2/3 cup unsweetened soy milk (or milk or cream - milk has more carbs, so adjust)
  • 1/3 cup cream
  • 1 C sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener
  • 1 teaspoon dark molasses (optional)
  • 2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 scant teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
  • Pinch cloves
  • 1/4 t salt
Preparation:
As an artificial sweetener, I prefer a form of liquid sucralose, as powdered types have more carbs and sometimes an off-taste.

1) Preheat oven to 425 F. (important)

2) Dump all the ingredients into a food processor or blender and whirl to blend.

3) Pour into the crust.

4) Put the pie in the oven and immediately turn the oven down to 375 F. In 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 300 F. (This cooks the crust, so it isn't soggy, but then allows the custard to bake more slowly.) Bake until almost set in the middle, about 30 to 40 minutes more. If it starts to crack a bit around the edges, it's probably done.

5) Cool and serve with whipped cream (the real stuff, made with vanilla and sweetener).

Nutritional Analysis: 8 servings, without crust: 3.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber, 3 grams protein, 5.5 grams fat, 80 calories.

With pecan crust, each serving is 4 grams effective carbohydrate with 3.4 grams fiber.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Default Crust for the Pumpkin and other pies...

This is a great pie crust, particularly for pumpkin pie, but it can be used for other custard/pudding fillings. It really helps to start out with pecans from the freezer, because then the butter blends through but quickly sets up so the "mass" is pliable.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 8 minutes
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup pecan pieces (frozen)
  • 2 T melted butter
  • 2 T sugar equivalent from artificial sweetener of your choice
Preparation:
1. Take pecans out of the freezer and measure them into a food processor (you can use a blender, but be careful not to blend them down too small). Pulse the processor until the largest pieces are as big as lentils or split peas.

2. Add the butter and the sweetener (I prefer "liquid Splenda"). Blend until it's mixed evenly.

3. Dump it into a pie pan, and push with your fingers to cover the bottom and sides. It should be the right consistency to mold the crust to the pie pan evenly.

Nutritional Analysis: Whole crust is 4.5 grams effective carbohydrate plus 10.5 grams fiber, 10 grams of protein, 101 grams fat, 950 calories.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2010, 10:35 AM   #29
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

morningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputationmorningstar55 Has the BEST Reputation

i been tryin to hunt up a really good video i seen on this ..... but ha .. just cant seem to locate it....
it was also explaining how super markets are layed out and how you should shop them..... being most of all the foods you should eat should come from the ground.. natural .. and how to stay to the outside of the isle's .. down all them isle's are mostly all processed foods...i dont remember all the details.
but when or if i do come across the video i'll post it.

i dont think we should even think of the word diet... as going on a diet....
i believe we need to learn portion control and a diet should be something you can live with for the rest of your life.

Good" carbs are not processed and contain a fair amount fiber (i.e. whole grain bread, oatmeal and whole-grain cereals, legumes, veggies, fruits, etc.) "Bad" carbs are refined or processed (i.e. white bread, white pasta, soda, sugary foods, including ice cream).

It is recommended that you select whole-grain carbs over sugary or processed carbs. However, you can incorporate small portions of refined carbs into your diet on occasion and still lose weight. The key will be small portions.

Remember, all calories count when you are trying to lose weight -- whether you are on a low-carb diet or low -fat diet

List of Good Carbs and Bad CarbsOverview
Good carbohydrates provide the body with vitamins, minerals, fiber and
nutrients. Bad carbohydrates have little or no nutritional value, are high in sugar and often higher in calories.

Good Carbs
Good carbohydrates include oatmeal, brown rice, 100 percent whole wheat breads and buckwheat. These items are considered whole grains, or complex carbohydrates. Whole grains have several B vitamins, minerals and are full of fiber. They keep you full for long periods of time and reduce or prevent constipation.

How to Lose Stomach Fat
recipe.lowfatlifestyle.com
Learn how 1 secret Diet tip will melt away all the ugly stomach fat
Sponsored Links
Bad Carbs
Bad carbohydrates include white bread, white rice, corn tortillas, pretzels and white pasta. These are refined grains in which the fiber and nutrients have been removed. Unless they are enriched (certain B vitamins and iron added back in), these items produce more calories than anything else.

Vegetables
Good vegetable carbohydrates include dark-green leafy vegetables, legumes (beans, peas and seeds), sweet potatoes, parsnips and yams. These items provide vitamins such as protein, thiamine, folic acid, vitamin E and fiber.

Sweets
Baked desserts and other sweet carbohydrates include cakes, muffins, candy, syrups and soft drinks. These items are known as "empty calories" because they provide little or no nutritional value, are sweetened mostly with simple sugars, and often lead to weight gain.

Fruit and Dairy
Fruit, milk, cheese and yogurt provide necessary vitamins such as calcium, folic acid, iron and/or protein.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/30...#ixzz15eVQXRDd

Old 11-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #30
morningstar55

How Do You Identify?:
femme,she
Preferred Pronoun?:
she,her,
Relationship Status:
very single

ok i found the video
i think there is a lot of truth about what they talk about in this....
although they are trying to sell there books and diet plan on here.....
the video is great. and tells you a lot.

what do ya'll think???

http://www.thedietsolutionprogram.co...e11&m=ad&r=aff

Old 11-18-2010, 04:03 PM   #31
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningstar55 View Post
ok what would you do ........... if you were in this situation...
you have to drive...... and you hadnt had a chance to eat anything most of the day..... soo your getting hungry but cant stop to eat ..
have to do it on the go.......
only choices are......
mc donalds
and pizza...

i got 10 chicken nuggets and used a tiny bit of honey mustard.
if i was able to stop and eat.. i would of goten one of there salads.. i like them very much.. but its hard to eat that while ur drivng and at night .. plus the weather was nasty all the way to ind...
I know your occupation can make eating well difficult. You would have to plan your meals much more than the average person for an eating lifestyle such as this. Good luck!

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM   #32
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Thanked 1,690 Times in 1,064 Posts
lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I am tossing this Banana Walnut Muffin recipe up then I will throw in a couple of Thanksgiving type of recipes.

1 cup almond flour
1/2 cup golden flax meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup Splenda(or whatever sweetener you use)
1 teaspoon banana extract *
1/2 teaspoon caramel extract
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F.

In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt and Splenda.

Combine everything with the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until well blended. Fill 6 paper-lined muffin cups with the batter, dividing it evenly among them. You can spray the liners with cooking spray, but they didn't seem to stick too much.

Bake at 350°F 15 to 20 minutes, until the tops are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on a rack before removing from the pan.

Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in the refrigerator. Serve with butter or cream cheese.

APPROXIMATE NUTRITION INFORMATION PER MUFFIN (MAKES 6 MUFFINS):
280 Calories; 23g Fat; 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 7g Net Carbs

* I sometimes use mashed real banana instead of the extract and take the extra carbs into account, eating less carbs throughout the day that I eat these.

Where do you get almond flour at the health food store?? That would be tough to find I think, flax meal probably at the health food store too
lipstixgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 PM   #33
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

I buy flax meal from the regular grocery store. Almond meal is simply finely ground almonds. You can make this yourself or purchase from a health food store. Traders Joes carries it for certain.

Quote:
Where do you get almond flour at the health food store?? That would be tough to find I think, flax meal probably at the health food store too
Old 11-18-2010, 05:32 PM   #34
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

lipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputationlipstixgal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I buy flax meal from the regular grocery store. Almond meal is simply finely ground almonds. You can make this yourself or purchase from a health food store. Traders Joes carries it for certain.
What does the flax meal do?? just wondering but would really like to make the salmon muffins love salmon and its low carb which is good for me.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:41 PM   #35
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

It's not called for in that particular recipe. I add it because it is high in most of the B vitamins, omega 3's and fiber. Plus I like the nutty taste of it.

Quote:
What does the flax meal do?? just wondering but would really like to make the salmon muffins love salmon and its low carb which is good for me.
Old 11-18-2010, 05:54 PM   #36
lipstixgal

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
coupled

Quote:
It's not called for in that particular recipe. I add it because it is high in most of the B vitamins, omega 3's and fiber. Plus I like the nutty taste of it.
Oh I was wondering about that but I copied and pasted into a word document to save it and make it soon. I want the salmon muffins recipe again??
Old 11-18-2010, 06:05 PM   #37
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

It is posted on page one of this thread.

Quote:
Oh I was wondering about that but I copied and pasted into a word document to save it and make it soon. I want the salmon muffins recipe again??
Old 11-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #38
Joe Mario

How Do You Identify?:
Just a guy
Preferred Pronoun?:
'He' will be fine.
Relationship Status:
happily involved

Joe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST ReputationJoe Mario Has the BEST Reputation

Anyone do the Blood Type Diet?
Have been Low Carb for years and BTD eating plan recently.

Count me in...SUBSCRIBING

Ciao,
~Joe Mario
Joe Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Joe Mario For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 AM   #39
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Lo Carb Peanut Butter Cookies

I have been making these for years, not knowing when I first started baking them that they are lo carb. I use only organic peanut butter. The ones that just have roasted peanuts on the ingredient list. The ones with sugar and other stuff in them, are not lo carb and the texture of the cookies will be very crumbly and they will fall apart.

• 2 cups peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup raw sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 pinch salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Note: These cookies do like to spread out a bit while baking, so leave space between each cookie. Also for even lower carbs, exchange the sugar with a sugar substitute of your choice.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #40
betenoire

How Do You Identify?:
Satan in a Sunday Hat
Preferred Pronoun?:
Maow
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,742 Times in 2,566 Posts
betenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputationbetenoire Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Jesse (and other people)

I was wondering if you could tell me (if you remember) if you got headaches when you first cut the carbs way down? And if so, how long they lasted?

I started on January 1st, and the only bad carb I've allowed myself is Triscuits (I can't help it, they are my favourite thing on the planet - but I'm limiting myself to 6 of them in total a day) and starting yesterday I've gotten some really blinding headaches.

I'm pretty sure that cutting out the sugars is where the headaches are coming from (since I'm not sick, stressed, tired, or injured in any way). Are they going to stop soon?

Tags
carbs, healthy fats, high protein, low carbs, paleo