Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Hello Vlasta! It's good to see you here! I'm really sorry that you have felt that you were not welcomed here. Perhaps you can give this place another try?? We truly are happy to see you here!

Hugs to you,

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #22
Bella~Vita

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she

Thanked 1,322 Times in 443 Posts
Bella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST ReputationBella~Vita Has the BEST Reputation

My Precious Peach,

I hope you are on the road to recovery and feeling better. Had some medical going on here myself but nothing major. I understand about the sitting too long in the car. I can relate. I hope we can play catch up soon , sending you a big ole hug , girlfriend
Old 10-28-2011, 08:54 PM   #23
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,002 Times in 286 Posts
Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoSchmooze View Post
Welcome Vlasta. May I ask, what is your native tongue? Perhaps if we knew that one of us might have that language in their bag of tricks.

I understand about being too old to feel like you can't start all over again. It's difficult, this growing old business. Why California? Perhaps you could talk with us about that one - to start with....

Don't let anyone chase you off. Hang in there, read the threads and contribute what you want to. Relax, because this group of people have no intention of running anyone off! Perhaps we might even be able to find you some lesbian community there in Atlanta!

Again, welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
Glad you are now here with us Vlasta! Sorry you were not treated nice!!!

Grant
Quote:
Originally Posted by cara View Post
welcome, Vlasta. I hope you will be comfortable participating here. I look forward to reading your points of view.

cara
Thank you all for kind welcome. I posted some of my background already and as I stated above I am Czech.

I would like to add, by no means I don't want to sound like a victim here , because I was never treated by administration or moderators bad way . It's mostly my fault being so sensitive and feeling like a misfit in your society.

In addition, I was portrayed by one of my ex. as a bad person and a lot of gossip from people I trusted and I was being supportive of them. I was naive in that sense. I guess we all have to learn a hard way.

I am realistic and in such a large forum not everyone will like everybody. However, I choose to ignore people instead attacking them or make inappropriate comments.

Once again thank you all and I will try to revive GA forum since is so dead and once more try to be active in my community.
Vlasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #24
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Vlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST ReputationVlasta Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiler41 View Post
Hello Vlasta! It's good to see you here! I'm really sorry that you have felt that you were not welcomed here. Perhaps you can give this place another try?? We truly are happy to see you here!

Hugs to you,

Glynn
(((Glynn ))))

I am giving another try and I will try to be more open who actually am I . Instead being hurt and too sensitive .

I would like to let you know how happy I am for you . Your wife it's beautiful and knowing you I am sure you made right decision about you future .

sending you both many hugs and love .
Old 10-28-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
Oiler41

How Do You Identify?:
Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Happily Single!

Thanked 2,574 Times in 790 Posts
Oiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST ReputationOiler41 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlasta View Post
(((Glynn ))))

I am giving another try and I will try to be more open who actually am I . Instead being hurt and too sensitive .

I would like to let you know how happy I am for you . Your wife it's beautiful and knowing you I am sure you made right decision about you future .

sending you both many hugs and love .
Just be your lovely self Vlasta! I think you may be surprised at how things go the second time around!

I did make a great decision for my and our future. My wife is a gem! Hope to have a chance to see you again soon! It's been way too long since I've seen you!

Glynn
Oiler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oiler41 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2011, 09:56 PM   #26
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi,

I am originally from the communist Czechoslovakia back then from Prague. For the obvious reasons I immigrate to Italy, a long time ago I lived in Germany for year my German is very rusty. I speak most Eastern European languages and Italian where I lived for eight years.

I have done a lot of research for forums, unsuccessfully. Also, I feel like if I was living in a different location let’s say little more gay friendly I would feel different. I am not saying that Atlanta is not gay friendly, but still limited in many ways.

Thanks so much for welcome
Cool, cool. Where abouts in Germany did you live. I used to live in Bavaria. I'd kill to move back I also speak German, as well as French and Greek (Greek is pretty rusty/basic conversation at this point lol) and tiny amount of Dutch (even worse)...but not Italian or any Slavic languages.

Of course, living in a more accepting/queer-friendly environment can be pretty key to feeling at home in a city. I can understand wanting to move because of it, but it sucks the city makes you feel that way. Out of curiosity, how was Italy as far queer-friendliness? I always assumed things weren't great in Italy in general for the lgbtq community, but then I was speaking with an acquaintance from Bologna who spoke really positively about it.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 11:01 PM   #27
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnderD_503 View Post
Cool, cool. Where abouts in Germany did you live. I used to live in Bavaria. I'd kill to move back I also speak German, as well as French and Greek (Greek is pretty rusty/basic conversation at this point lol) and tiny amount of Dutch (even worse)...but not Italian or any Slavic languages.

Of course, living in a more accepting/queer-friendly environment can be pretty key to feeling at home in a city. I can understand wanting to move because of it, but it sucks the city makes you feel that way. Out of curiosity, how was Italy as far queer-friendliness? I always assumed things weren't great in Italy in general for the lgbtq community, but then I was speaking with an acquaintance from Bologna who spoke really positively about it.

I lived in Kaiserslautern a small city. I was send there by my parents to learn German with a big suitcase and dictionary I went to school there and I was living with an older woman with a big stick and bad cooking. I like German food, but the things she cooked I was having a hard time to eat. Not even going there. She was not friendly at all. My parents started me in language school at 3 grade. At that time we didn't have luxury to learn English in school. I graduated from college in two languages Czech and Russian. Now days a second language in Czech schools is English. Not when we were under communist regime.

Greek is a hard language to learn, good for you. I born to which was considered an older parents. They both were in they 40’s. My mother was thinking she was in menopause. Whoop here I come.

My childhood was demanding, because my parents tried to live they dreams through me. Starting with ballet, ballroom dancing, theater, opera and I could go on. It was good in the way I didn't have a time to get in any trouble. However, all my life I felt responsibility to do things/ work hard and never relax.

As for Italy it was good, no gay issues whatsoever. It's normal if you walk with other woman holding hands, kissing and back then we went to clubs very gay friendly. My girlfriend in Italy was also Czech she decided we are going to America. She found for each of us husband. I was follower back then, she was a leader. However, I married American that he needed wife for the reason he was in military. There was never any romance in that. Many people thinking I am bisexual due to my marriage, but we have been best friends for many years. However, her marriage went not so good and I ended up here and she is still in Europe. It was heartbreaking, but there was no way going back. Our relationship ended. She recently tried to contact me, but I don't see any sense to be dwelling on it. I went to see her in Italy in 90’s, but things were very much different
Old 10-29-2011, 08:52 PM   #28
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Thanked 3,656 Times in 602 Posts
Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have been desperately looking for someone who can relate to my upbringing and my cultural background. I joined some Europeans forums, yet all the people there are heterosexuals. This is nice to exchange recipes, talking about grandchildren, etc. I didn’t found yet , a forum where I can talk about femmes , butches dynamics and honestly to be myself and feel free . I will never be accepted in The United States of America and I accept that a long time ago.

I would be grateful if someone would give me suggestion or to be able to communicate with me even in a different language. I have been working on my state of mind that I will never be able to return home. I can’t even sell my home in the state of GA due to an obvious economy and move to California which was my goal .

If anybody reply thanks so much
Vlasta
Vlasta

It's sad that you feel you will never be accepted in the United States although I, as a European (albeit from the very western part of the Continent rather than the east), understand the disconnect with the outlook and way of life in the US.

I can offer no advice other than in relation to your statement that you accepted the current situation a long time ago. Never accept it. Similarly, never feel the need to be anyone other than who you are nor be anything but proud of your history and origin. It makes you who you are - and that's an immensely positive thing.
Ciaran is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ciaran For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2011, 08:34 AM   #29
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Vlasta

It's sad that you feel you will never be accepted in the United States although I, as a European (albeit from the very western part of the Continent rather than the east), understand the disconnect with the outlook and way of life in the US.

I can offer no advice other than in relation to your statement that you accepted the current situation a long time ago. Never accept it.
Similarly, never feel the need to be anyone other than who you are nor be anything but proud of your history and origin. It makes you who you are - and that's an immensely positive thing.
Hi,
It’s nice to see you around here, it has been a long time since we met and I hope everything it’s great on your side of world.

In the reference to your post. There is a great difference in my situation and I understand your feelings about what I wrote. English is your native language just with British accent and visiting the US is great. My situation it’s a completely different ballgame.

I came to the US with post grad degree, if my degree was from the Western Europe I would been ok. However, because it was from communist country it was worth nothing. I had two options work at a grocery store or go back to school. I choose the second. I was a single mother working odd jobs and attending school. It wasn’t so hard since I already been trough once, except of course my English classes. I had a tutor and God only knows how I got through with these classes. When I returned into my field, I have to work twice as hard to prove myself. At my workplace I have no problem, I am liked by my coworkers and they respect me for my knowledge and my skills.

I will respectfully disagree and stand by my statement “I will never be accepted in the US “. What is my reason for? I live like that on daily bases when I encounter strangers, which they do not know anything about me. For example, when I make a phone call soon as a person on the other end hears my thick accent they attitude changes, not always, but majority times. How many of us while calling a customer service and realized we are talking someone in India have immediate though geez I want to speak American? At work when I am doing procedure I get questions like “did you done this before “? And I could go on. With a new immigration law, it is even worse. I am not an illegal here, I work, pay taxes, do volunteer jobs and donate. How I got here, it is another story.

In addition, I am aware of the fact that Americans say if you do not like it get the hell out of here. Actually, I would if I could. Yet it is easy to say than do. I have a grown son here and even with him and I there were problems. we were estranged for some time , I was thinking I lost him forever once again due to our cultural differences . I left Prague when he was two years old.

I do not feel the need to be anyone than who I am. However, I am living in this society and it is my responsibility to be adjusted. I can’t expect that America will be adjusted to my background. Like many foreign people are living in the US and don’t want to speak English. WTH ?

I am proud of my history and origin; I survived a lot in the Eastern Europe and communists hushed up. I really don’t think that West had any idea what was happening in our countries. I lost my awesome father thanks to communist. As long I live, I will always see that tragic moment.

I am not sure if this mumble makes sense and I am wishing you good luck if you can decode my writing. I hope, I clarify somewhat my original post and I am sorry it’s so long, but I can’t just sum up this in a couple sentences. Also, please do not interpret this reply as being defensive, mean spirited or trying to be victim. Is reality to me and I was hoping I can express myself in my community .

Hugs to ya and thanks for reply.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vlasta For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2011, 03:00 PM   #30
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Ciaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST ReputationCiaran Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I am not sure if this mumble makes sense and I am wishing you good luck if you can decode my writing. I hope, I clarify somewhat my original post and I am sorry it’s so long, but I can’t just sum up this in a couple sentences. Also, please do not interpret this reply as being defensive, mean spirited or trying to be victim. Is reality to me and I was hoping I can express myself in my community .
Yes, it makes sense and, to the best that I can (having not walked in your footsteps), I understand it. I think that the sense of alienation is something that, ultimately, is universal in that it can transcend language, cultural and social barriers.

My situation is much different, and minor, in comparison to yours. I'm from Belfast, deeply entrenched in my sense of place and history, and thus not overly pleased to be living in London (and I wouldn't be pleased to be living in the US either) and, yet, a significant number of ghosts from my past that continue to haunt me to this day.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:22 PM   #31
Vlasta
BFP Sentinels

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
Yes, it makes sense and, to the best that I can (having not walked in your footsteps), I understand it. I think that the sense of alienation is something that, ultimately, is universal in that it can transcend language, cultural and social barriers.

My situation is much different, and minor, in comparison to yours. I'm from Belfast, deeply entrenched in my sense of place and history, and thus not overly pleased to be living in London (and I wouldn't be pleased to be living in the US either) and, yet, a significant number of ghosts from my past that continue to haunt me to this day.
Thanks for understanding and not taking my post as an attention seeking behavior, but truly understanding my situation. To be honest, when you reply I knew you were the one that can relate.
I do not consider your situation as a minor, because no matter what when you are not in the place where you are comfortable, it’s always hard.

As for ghosts, I am not exactly sure what is your refering to. However, I always go by f up once and you will see who your true friends are. I personally hurt and I have been hurt and I do take a full responsibility for my mistakes. I learned from my mistakes and I believe I am better person today. As for some gossip, I no longer pay that attention. At one time, I was horrified how some people portrait me and I even cried. That being said it was most horrifying from people I knew and I was being supportive to them in many ways.

Hugs to ya my friend and thanks again
Old 12-06-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Greetings, European Friends

I will be in Belgium for two days in May on my way to Ghana, Africa and would love to hear of some fun things to do while there. Also, any good hotel/hostel recommendations would be appreciated! And of course, someone to have a cup of coffee with would be awesome!! Thanks in advance!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 01:09 PM   #33
Ciaran

How Do You Identify?:
Altocalciphilic
Preferred Pronoun?:
Papa Smurf
Relationship Status:
Curmudgeonous spinster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatalinaRose View Post
Greetings, European Friends

I will be in Belgium for two days in May on my way to Ghana, Africa and would love to hear of some fun things to do while there. Also, any good hotel/hostel recommendations would be appreciated! And of course, someone to have a cup of coffee with would be awesome!! Thanks in advance!
I assume that you will be in Brussels? If you get the chance, consider a day trip to Bruges. It's a beautiful and smaller city with great architecture and a fascinating history.