Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 02-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #1
Katalina

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Leather Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Family of choice, multi-relationships

Katalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vegans? Vegetarians?

Hi - any other vegans or vegetarians out there? I was vegan wwaaaaayyy back in the '80s, but it was just too hard back then (people, even cool openminded people, looked at me like I had 3 heads!). I've come full circle, and now eat vegan food whenever possible, vegetarian if I can't get vegan.

Anybody else out there?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

Me!!! Vegetarian with a vegan bent (believe in vegan).
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #3
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,743 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Vegan with a raw bent here (trying to do more raw anyways). Btw, we do have a great thread here that might be useful: http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...read.php?t=121

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2011, 09:52 PM   #4
Katalina

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Leather Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Family of choice, multi-relationships

Katalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST ReputationKatalina Has the BEST Reputation

Yay! Vegan is a challenge sometimes.....especially if you don't feel like playing '3rd degree interrogation' with a waiter or whatever.
Old 03-19-2011, 08:12 PM   #5
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

I have people who look at me funny because I don't consume red meat or pork. I switched to Soymilk and watching how much processed food I consume.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Zimmy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
proximitywithoutintimacy

How Do You Identify?:
Rocker Lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
That One Girl ;)
Relationship Status:
Putting My Heart Back Together

1 Highscore

proximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputationproximitywithoutintimacy Has the BEST Reputation

I am... newly vegetarian.

Just trying it out, you know, giving it a chance... it's been a couple of weeks now...
proximitywithoutintimacy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to proximitywithoutintimacy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 10:59 AM   #7
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

I've been veg (no meat/chicken/fish) for about 20 years, so if you have any questions or concerns or need suggestions I, and I'm sure others, are always happy to lend some support! So feel free to post anything anytime! I started out going veg in Ohio as a teenager, and it was very hard to do on my own. It really took awhile before it began to feel natural for me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #8
2myladyblue

How Do You Identify?:
Goddess
Preferred Pronoun?:
...oui?
Relationship Status:
Worshipped

2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation2myladyblue Has the BEST Reputation
Default Once & future vegan...

*Smiles & waves to all the
Ok, I'm not 100% vegan (or even vegetarian) anymore, but I was. First, when I was rebelling against my family(farm) as a teen, then, when I was laying the foundation for raising my own little anarchists/free thinkers. At this point, I'm probably more of a veg-positive omnivore (lol). I raised my toddlers as vegan circa 15 years ago (when it was still hard to find soymilk at the grocery store), but when they went to school & saw the other kid's lunch boxes, they started asking for sandwich meat (YUCK!!!). Although, my teenager has now come (almost) full circle & is (lacto-ovo) vegetarian. We eat vegan/vegetarian most of the time & have lots of great recipes/tips if that's what we're talking about. (I might have even posted some in that thread Linus mentioned....n'est-ce pas NYCfembbw?)

Welcome Katalina!
Proximity, & give it some time...are you feeling any different/better yet?
And "Hell-ooo" to anyone else I didn't mention.
Here are some quotes you might appreciate/enjoy....

Buddha: To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana.

"For as long as men massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, he who sows the seed of murder and pain cannot reap joy and love." -- Pythagoras (circa 582-507 B.C.)Greek philosopher, mathematician, mystic"Father of Vegetarianism"

I have from an early age abjured the use of meat, and the time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men. ~Leonardo da Vinci

"Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances of survival for life on earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet." ~Albert Einstein, physicist, Nobel Prize 1921

"I am in favor of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." ~Abraham Lincoln, 16th U.S. President

"My refusing to eat meat occasioned an inconveniency, and I have been frequently chided for my singularity. But my light repast allows for greater progress, for greater clearness of head and quicker comprehension."~BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (1706-1790)American statesman, inventor and author

I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.... ~Henry David Thoreau, Walden, 1854

-Blue

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to 2myladyblue For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #9
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Here's a vegan, healthier recipe for what I call "Kettlecorn granola"
It's so to-die-for delicious! I can't tell you amounts of things because I'm too ADD of a cook.

Pop organic popcorn in canola oil. Keep it warm.

In a separate bowl mix agave nectar, chopped almonds and pecans, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and butterscotch extract.

Use your hands to mix the thick syrup from the bowl into the popcorn. In terms of how much to put in, imagine granola, as opposed to, say- a peanut brittle bar.

Let it harden and dry. This makes it have a great crunch and keeps it from being at all messy.

I'm a big fan of salty and sweet together. And I always love popcorn!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2011, 07:20 AM   #10
Star Anise

How Do You Identify?:
Femme in boots.
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Free range femme.

Star Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST ReputationStar Anise Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

Yep! I am a happy vegan.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I am a vegetarian...not a vegan.

I do not like meat, it started when I was a baby. My father was a farmer, so he helped me with eating balanced veggies and fruits. I have in fact been about a 75% raw eater most of my life. I never liked milk or cheese as a child either. (my poor parents)

I like to cook, and do cook, but mostly eat raw and do ton's of green smoothies.

I don't find this way of life challenging at all.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2011, 08:30 PM   #12
vegan_gypsy

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme

vegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputationvegan_gypsy Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

Hi! I'm brand new to this forum but wanted to say hello in this thread. Obviously by my username, I'm vegan. Vegetarian for about 8 years and have been vegan for about 4. My partner is vegan as well.
vegan_gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vegan_gypsy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #13
stephfromMIT
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Troll
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her
Relationship Status:
engaged to my fiancee Amanda

stephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST ReputationstephfromMIT Has the BEST Reputation
Smile

My fiancee is a "Seagan". She's vegan except for: seafood, egg whites.
stephfromMIT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephfromMIT For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #14
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

This made me think that I could call myself a decafetarian, because in addition to having no meat, chicken, or fish (for 25 years), I also have no caffeine / no chocolate. I added on the no caffeine / no chocolate seven years ago (I've always been sensitive to caffeine and was a complete chocoholic.). I also actually try not to even have decaf anything because decaf has traces of caffeine and the decaffeinating process is also unhealthy. When I'm my best self, I go with herbal. I am a pain in the ass for others to feed because I don't budge on my rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephfromMIT View Post
My fiancee is a "Seagan". She's vegan except for: seafood, egg whites.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #15
twinkletoes

How Do You Identify?:
64 million dollar question
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Waiting for little miss right

twinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputationtwinkletoes Has the BEST Reputation

Vegetarian here Have been for nearly 6 years and can't imagine eating any other way!
twinkletoes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinkletoes For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #16
MissItalianDiva

How Do You Identify?:
Miss Twiggy
Preferred Pronoun?:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious and that shit doesn't sound atrocious!
Relationship Status:
divorce happens..all that glitters ain't gold

Thanked 7,161 Times in 1,793 Posts
MissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST ReputationMissItalianDiva Has the BEST Reputation

I am a Vegetarian and Vegan most the time without knowing it. Also pretty much only follow a diet that is primarily raw..again not by conscious decision just because that is the food I happen to enjoy.
MissItalianDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissItalianDiva For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #17
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I eat vegetarians....
cows, chickens, and lambs....
but not pigs, unless it is bacon....
pigs are omnivores...
Old 10-04-2012, 12:10 PM   #18
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Vegetarian, mostly vegan but I do love eggs. And we raise honey bees, so we have the honey that they don't use
Once in a while I'll have a piece of fish if I'm craving it. I used to be extreme and have food rules but I've learned everything is better if I just eat what I want when I want it. Usually everything I want is plant based, but I'm a high protein needs person, so sometimes other cravings win over and I'm okay with that.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #19
ahk
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 8,580 Times in 2,650 Posts
ahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputationahk Has the BEST Reputation

I have a question--

What is a good substitute for sugar? But not agave--

Thank you.
ahk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ahk For This Useful Post:
Old 10-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Honey? Fruit juice? Fruit juice concentrate? Molasses? Sometimes I sweeten with actual fruit, like I add apple or raisins or dried cranberries. I even sweeten with vinegar. Be creative. There's also the option to do some cognitive reframing, as in, "Why don't I just let sugar go and not replace it with anything?"

Fake sugars kill us but there are Splenda and Stevia for example. They are better than Aspartame but still a menace to society in my humble opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahk View Post
I have a question--

What is a good substitute for sugar? But not agave--

Thank you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post: