Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Finding Your People - Special Groups

Finding Your People - Special Groups Are you a member of AA? Neurodiverse? a Vegan? Find your people here!

Old 05-03-2017, 07:25 PM   #61
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I recently tried jackfruit as a "meat substitute." It gets a lot of hype but *shrug*- it wasn't my thing- looked cool but that's about it!

Speaking of meat substitutes (and yes, yes, I know some people don't subscribe to them at all), I'm back into Primal Strips as a treat (vegan jerky). My favorite is Thai Peanut flavor.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2017, 11:18 PM   #62
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycfem View Post
I recently tried jackfruit as a "meat substitute." It gets a lot of hype but *shrug*- it wasn't my thing- looked cool but that's about it!

Speaking of meat substitutes (and yes, yes, I know some people don't subscribe to them at all), I'm back into Primal Strips as a treat (vegan jerky). My favorite is Thai Peanut flavor.
nyc! I enjoy the Gardein chicken tenders...when I can..spouse loves it when we eat the same thing...so not as often as I would like!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 05:29 PM   #63
cuspofqueens

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
In one of those.

cuspofqueens is on a distinguished road

Have y'all tried the Field Roast Deli Style slices? I'm kind of in love with them; mainly because the grocery store next to my work offers them as a sandwich filling option! I went on a road trip once, stopped at Subway for their veggie sandwich (which is a mockery of a sandwich and never worth the $6 they charge me, I swear), and stuck these slices in to bulk it up.

I do have to figure out more high-protein options beyond fake meats. Those get expensive fast. I am working with a nutritional coach who gave me specific macros to hit, and when I can get 'enough' protein in, my body seems to do what I want (it to do) better and easier.
cuspofqueens is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cuspofqueens For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 07:34 PM   #64
Contradictor

How Do You Identify?:
I don't!Kinda wish I did.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Whatever you think suits
Relationship Status:
Hers

Contradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST ReputationContradictor Has the BEST Reputation

I've been vegan since I was 18. Vegetarian since I was 11. I just realised I was a bit of a hypocrite saying I was an animal lover while supporting the industries that hurt them. I love cooking and finding new things to try
Contradictor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Contradictor For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #65
girlin2une

How Do You Identify?:
submissive queer stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her

Thanked 3,844 Times in 856 Posts
girlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputationgirlin2une Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Light Life vegan sausages are amazing!!
How do you define courage? Is it the absence of fear? You might think, under the weight of your fears, "I am not courageous." But maybe you have the wrong perspective. Courage can be measured in many ways, and is not the absence or denial of fear, but the willingness to act vulnerably. When you're faced with the unknown and then you stand on the edge of risk, courage brings you to the point where you are able to take flight, though you might be unsure of your wings.
girlin2une is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girlin2une For This Useful Post:
Old 06-12-2017, 10:34 AM   #66
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I've gone back to making smoothies every morning and wow! I can feel the difference already. I add in a scoop of Vegan protein powder and always use kale or spinach.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:52 PM   #67
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I tried some Tofurky sausage links and really liked them. And I finally tried the strawberry & rubarb flavor vegan yogurt I been wanting to try. I forget the brand...Noos?? Noosh? It starts with an "N" anyhow.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:46 PM   #68
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,815 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
I tried some Tofurky sausage links and really liked them. And I finally tried the strawberry & rubarb flavor vegan yogurt I been wanting to try. I forget the brand...Noos?? Noosh? It starts with an "N" anyhow.
Noosa yogurt is made with milk. It is delicious, however.

The strawberry rhubarb is great. I have switched to Wallaby's no sugar added yogurt (also not vegan) but most of them only have 4 grams of natural sugar (in the fruit) and 8 grams of carbs.

This website does have vegan yogurts listed:

http://www.yourdailyvegan.com/vegan-yogurt/

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:27 AM   #69
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
Noosa yogurt is made with milk. It is delicious, however.

The strawberry rhubarb is great. I have switched to Wallaby's no sugar added yogurt (also not vegan) but most of them only have 4 grams of natural sugar (in the fruit) and 8 grams of carbs.

This website does have vegan yogurts listed:

http://www.yourdailyvegan.com/vegan-yogurt/
OMG! Thank you for pointing this out!! I guess I got my vegan yogurts mixed up! LOL! It was good, though.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:26 PM   #70
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not vegan or vegetarian, so you all might have known this but I was a little surprised with a couple of the foods listed.

7 Foods You Thought Were Vegan or Vegetarian But Aren't

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 06:43 PM   #71
nycfem

How Do You Identify?:
femme sub
Preferred Pronoun?:
Baby Grrl
Relationship Status:
Attached

Thanked 21,722 Times in 5,081 Posts
nycfem has disabled reputation

I knew most of these but love to review. I was at a restaurant and asked if the mac and cheese was vegetarian. They said, "No, chicken stock." Chicken stock is in soooo many things...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not vegan or vegetarian, so you all might have known this but I was a little surprised with a couple of the foods listed.

How do I... ?
Check out the Members Helping Members thread:
http://www.butchfemmeplanet.com/foru...embers+Helping
nycfem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nycfem For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 10:23 PM   #72
Bel

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/Bi/Femme-ish
Preferred Pronoun?:
she & they
Relationship Status:
Cursed

Bel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST ReputationBel Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post

I can understand why people (like me!) would be surprised to learn that Guinness is not vegan (damn it!!) but... yoghurt and parmesean ?!

: )
Bel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bel For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 PM   #73
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Has anyone tried Breyers Vegan ice cream? I bought the Oreo cookie one today and I really like it. They also have a vanilla peanut butter flavor which I want to try. It was only $4.88 for a half gallon in my Superwalmart, which is way cheaper than the vegan Ben & Jerry's I had been getting. The So Delicious coconut ones are still my favorites, though.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:07 PM   #74
Lovebird_1989

How Do You Identify?:
Femme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her.
Relationship Status:
Single. :-(

Lovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST ReputationLovebird_1989 Has the BEST Reputation
Talking

I've been vegetarian with vegan tendancies (eat vegan as much as possible, the sources aren't great here ... and I only use cruelty free household&cosmetic brands, unless something's medically necessary) for five years ...
I've fell off the vegewagon a couple times, but back on it now!
It makes me so happy that I can do this for animals! And, apparently, it's soo good for human health and the environment!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:20 PM   #75
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I was half vegetarian tonight for dinner.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2017, 09:57 PM   #76
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayandgray View Post
Has anyone tried Breyers Vegan ice cream? I bought the Oreo cookie one today and I really like it. They also have a vanilla peanut butter flavor which I want to try. It was only $4.88 for a half gallon in my Superwalmart, which is way cheaper than the vegan Ben & Jerry's I had been getting. The So Delicious coconut ones are still my favorites, though.
I didn't even know Breyer's had vegan ice cream. I will keep an eye out!

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2017, 05:58 PM   #77
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Made this tonight and it is so good!

https://holycowvegan.net/easy-brussels-sprouts-stew/
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2017, 06:20 PM   #78
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post

I made this tonight and it was delicious. I used more tomatoes and cashews than the recipe called for and it was really good.

Thanks for posting this!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2017, 11:54 PM   #79
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default Anya has requested-Worth every calorie!

Vegan Banana Cake
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 1 two-tiered cake (approx. 16 servings)

Ingredients
For the cake (makes two tiers):
2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (all-purpose flour is a good substitute-- it makes for an even more tender cake)
1/2 cup canola or other vegetable oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
3 medium, very ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup soy or any non-dairy milk, like almond, cashew, hemp, or pumpkin-seed milk + 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar (set aside five minutes to curdle)
For the peanut butter frosting:
1/2 cup smooth and creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup vegan cream cheese
1 1/2 tbsp vegan "butter", like Earth Balance
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups confectioners (powdered) sugar
Instructions
Make the vegan banana cake:
Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
Beat together the oil and sugar with a handheld mixer for about two minutes.
Add the soymilk mixture and beat until just mixed.
Add the mashed bananas and beat in. Make sure there are no big lumps remaining.
Add the flour to the banana-soymilk-oil mixture in 2 batches, beating in after each addition until the mixture is smooth. Do not overbeat, though.
Line the bottom of two 9-inch cake pans with parchment or wax paper. Oil and flour the pans.
Divide the batter equally between the two pans and bake 25-30 minutes in a 350-degree oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of each cake comes out clean.
Place on a rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Unmold, peel off the parchment paper, and leave on the rack to cool thoroughly before frosting.
Make the vegan peanut butter frosting:
Have the peanut butter and Earth Balance at room temperature, and the cream cheese cold. Place the ingredients in a bowl and mix with a wisk or with a handheld or stand mixer until everything's combined.
Add the sugar 1/2 cup at a time, beating in well after each addition. I use less sugar than most peanut butter frosting recipes would, but if you want a stiffer frosting add more confectioners sugar.
Place the frosting in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before frosting.
Assemble the cake:
Place one cake on a cake stand or flat dish. Put about 1/3rd of the frosting (recipe follows) in the center of the cake and using a spatula spread it evenly across the surface.
Carefully place the second cake on top of the first one. Put the remaining icing in the center of the cake and evenly frost the top and sides.
Garnish with some chopped, roasted peanuts. In fact, if you have the time and the peanuts, sprinkle nuts all over the surface of the cake and press some into the sides.
Cut yourself a hunka cake love, and enjoy!

or try Strawberry Frosting (that's what i did)
Mind Blowing Strawberry Frosting Recipe (Vegan)
Prep time: 10 mins Total time: 10 mins
Serves: 2½ Cups

Mind Blowing Strawberry Frosting Recipe. Also, substitutions to make a vegan strawberry frosting! Great as dips, to frost cupcakes or to decorate cakes! | carmelapop.com
Ingredients
⅓ Cup (a good)Vegan Butter
⅓ Cup strawberry preserve
2 Cups confectioners sugar (opt for Organic!)
*optional* 1 Tbsp. Vegan cream cheese
Instructions
In a bowl mix the vegan butter and the strawberry preserve.
Add the confectioners sugar and keep mixing until light and fluffy.
Refrigerate for (at least) 10 minutes as vegan frostings tend to be very soft. Then frost cake add sprinkles if desired and when finished put whole cake in icebox til serving. Enjoy Anya!

copied from "so you're dating a vegan"
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-18-2017, 01:47 AM   #80
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,109 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantalizingfemme View Post

This looks so good! I'm gonna have to try it.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post: