Notices

Old 05-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #1
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,352 Times in 862 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Smile What Do You Do For Fun?

I was recently asked what I did for fun... and found myself struggling to answer this question since what I find enjoyment in may not be deemed as fun and exciting by others....

So, I'm curious what do you do for fun?

Feel free to share what you did for fun pre-pandemic, what you currently do for fun, and fun things you want/plan to do post-pandemic.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
AlexF

How Do You Identify?:
Butch

AlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST ReputationAlexF Has the BEST Reputation
Default Great Idea

I have never been able to answer this question. I suppose without overthinking it, I am not sure what would count as 'fun'. I can say that I enjoy reading, writing, listening to music, attempting to play the violin and getting lost in a forest.
AlexF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AlexF For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumPearl View Post
I was recently asked what I did for fun... and found myself struggling to answer this question since what I find enjoyment in may not be deemed as fun and exciting by others....

So, I'm curious what do you do for fun?

Feel free to share what you did for fun pre-pandemic, what you currently do for fun, and fun things you want/plan to do post-pandemic.
For fun, I head to the Windy City! Once I arrive there anything I do is fun...
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 06:29 AM   #4
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Indeed, since I reside in the 'Windy City' everything is fun, fun, and more fun.

Ravinia Festival is the oldest outdoor festival in the US, we are season ticket holders and boy oh boy most of the concerts are amazing! We usually sit in the grassy section and bring a picnic basket full of wine, cheese and an assortment of hors d'oeuvres. We've seen Blondie, Melissa Etheridge, Poi Dog Pondering, Sarah Mclachlan etc.... BUT, due to covid-19, no shows the rest of this year.

With time on our hands, my bride and I are planting a herb garden, the deer, rabbits are loving it! lol We are relocating the dozens of fern that is growing wild on one side of the property as to make things a bit more symmetrical.

We are both looking forward to going back to work and feeling useful outside of our home again, this is the longest time we've been not working since we were young. But our time together has been an experience that would have never happen sans lock down. You REALLY get to know someone deeply when you're together 24/7. I just can't get enough of her.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 07:02 AM   #5
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I've been teaching my grandson how to use different types of knives in the kitchen ~ when I can get his attention so he will concentrate about what I am saying ~ it's too important as well as dangerous not to have his attention ~ he does make awesome scrambled eggs now lol
Old 05-21-2020, 11:36 AM   #6
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

bushcraft, hiking, watercolor, calligraphy, mushroom hunter, gardening, baking, greek history, hula, yoga, dance, also gearing up to start my 1st wood project in 14 years.. .....and poetry when i'm in the mood
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 01:24 PM   #7
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

Hiking, baking, yoga, gardening, reading, writing, spending time with friends. Once the pandemic is over, I want to get my yoga teaching certification and learn to play an instrument.
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to clementinefemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 02:48 PM   #8
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
Hiking, baking, yoga, gardening, reading, writing, spending time with friends. Once the pandemic is over, I want to get my yoga teaching certification and learn to play an instrument.

I think all ya'll with the long lists are actually making ME tired.. lol that's just waaaay too much "fun"... i think your "fun" needs a vacation.

Or maybe just a good cigar by a bonfire!!! yeah ..now THAT sounds "fun"
or some miniature golf
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-21-2020, 10:52 PM   #9
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Motorcycles are my fun. Riding them, talking about them, looking at them... Sadly, we're not riding much here in NYC right now. I could ride for pleasure now that the crisis has subsided a bit, but it felt too weird to take a pleasure ride with everything locked down as it has been. I helped organize like minded riders to deliver desperately needed PPE to medical professionals, and I have been riding out to deliver PPE, but I'm just not riding for pleasure very much right now. That should start changing soon.

The super-duper, turbo-charged motorcycle fun is at the track. I can't even describe the adrenaline high. It's a carnival and a rollercoaster wedded to a giggle-fest tied up with a HELL-YEAH bow. Sadly, track days are also cancelled for at least the first half of the season. It's likely the entire season will be cancelled. Sigh.

Our motorcycle club meetings will be held via Zoom for the foreseeable future, too. So we talk about motorcycles and riding via a flickering video feed. It's better than not meeting at all, I suppose. And I do enjoy doing political work around motorcycle issues.

My other fun is naked gardening. I enjoy gardening while not naked, but naked gardening is far more fun. I can still do that. My garden is quite verdant at the moment. So there's that.
Old 05-22-2020, 11:21 AM   #10
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Now: Gardening, reading, riding my bike, hanging out with my daughter, time home with my Daddy.

Before: all of that but also, road trips, slumber parties with my girlfriends, concerts, dinners out, live theatre, movies...

Last edited by easygoingfemme; 05-22-2020 at 11:26 AM.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2020, 06:18 PM   #11
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

DON'T judge me lol lately I entertain myself watching the dogs eat peanut butter
Old 05-22-2020, 06:19 PM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
DON'T judge me lol lately I entertain myself watching the dogs eat peanut butter

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2020, 10:00 AM   #13
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,362 Times in 6,714 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

music is keeping me sane

The Following User Says Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:

Tags
fun, fun and exciting, fun ideas