Old 01-01-2016, 06:08 PM   #21
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,769 Times in 25,658 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Sorry I forgot the mashed potatoes part.

http://askville.amazon.com/Years-tra...estId=32553332
The article says that this meal is lucky if it's the first meal eaten for the year.

So they want you to eat that for breakfast?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2016, 10:33 PM   #22
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,150 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

I don't have a food or cleansing tradition, but I sometimes participate in a NYC motorcycling tradition. The weather wasn't bad so there were more bikes than usual this year for the Isle of Manhattan ride. The name is a play on the famous Isle of Man race. The NYC New Years Day event is a quick lap around Manhattan with plenty of pleasant socializing before and after the ride. Lots of really cool bikes usually show up, which makes it even more fun.

Not only did I stay out late last night, which is really unusual for me, I woke up in time to participate in the Isle of Manhattan ride this year. Yay for getting the year off to a celebratory, invigorating start!
Old 01-01-2016, 11:17 PM   #23
randrum

How Do You Identify?:
Boi
Preferred Pronoun?:
Just call me G
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 3,063 Times in 668 Posts
randrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputationrandrum Has the BEST Reputation

My parents always throw a party. Family and friends come over. Usually it's a last hurrah of drinking and eating. Everyone brings an appetizer or munchie to share. Just a chill, fun day before back to reality.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:28 PM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
The article says that this meal is lucky if it's the first meal eaten for the year.

So they want you to eat that for breakfast?

Hmmmmm, no wonder it never brought me any luck!

No, it has always been a lunch thing.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 12:21 AM   #25
*Anya*
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian non-stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her
Relationship Status:
Committed to being good to myself

Thanked 40,800 Times in 7,290 Posts
*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation*Anya* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Sorry I forgot the mashed potatoes part.

http://askville.amazon.com/Years-tra...estId=32553332
I adore pork and sauerkraut! I wonder when I will get to eat that again!

Was it terrific Dappper?!

Democracy Dies in Darkness

~Washington Post

"...I'm deeply concerned by recently adopted policies which punish children for their parents’ actions ... The thought that any State would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable."

UN Human Rights commissioner
*Anya* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to *Anya* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2016, 10:01 AM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Anya* View Post
I adore pork and sauerkraut! I wonder when I will get to eat that again!

Was it terrific Dappper?!
Well, the sauerkraut was. It was homemade by my Uncle. The mashed potatoes, yes always good. The pork ended up being pork chops because it was just the two of us. They were dry. Since I don't eat meat often, I was bummed. In addition, she only cooked me one, thinking that is all I would want.

BUT, there was lots of mashed potatoes and sauerkraut so I was very pleased with the meal, overall!

So, there's your thorough report!

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 12:28 PM   #27
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Gotta eat New Years Day food: greens, black eyed peas and ham. Green for bucks and black eyed peas for pennies and ham to enrich both of them. The more you eat, the better your year is supposed to be.

Why do this?
It worked! It worked!

I found a $20 at the gym.

Baby steps...

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2016, 01:49 PM   #28
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

My tradition is usually to spend NYE by myself. I journal, do tarot readings, burn incense and candles, eat some favorite foods, watch movies and just reflect and "be" alone. This year I broke the tradition and spent it with my roommate. I plan on getting my groove on in a bit, though.

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2016, 11:25 AM   #29
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation
Default answer to the ? Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Jools66,

What kind of food is a part of a full English breakfast?

Chad
Hi Chad,
Well let's see now.
Sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, you can also have black pudding,
Beans, and fied bread if you like.
I have the first 5 on the list and some toast with butter, and a nice breakfast tea to go with it.
You'll also be glad to know I grill the bacon, and the tomatoes,and I don't usually have anything for lunch after this heart attack meal lol, and I go either for a long walk if its nice and not raining, or a bike ride.
Its a good counter balance.
This is a new year treat, but I do like every now and again a good bacon sanie (sandwich)
Hope this clears you question up.
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2016, 12:25 PM   #30
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you Jools66,

I was thinking bangers and mash or toad in a hole.

Chad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jools66 View Post
Hi Chad,
Well let's see now.
Sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms, you can also have black pudding,
Beans, and fied bread if you like.
I have the first 5 on the list and some toast with butter, and a nice breakfast tea to go with it.
You'll also be glad to know I grill the bacon, and the tomatoes,and I don't usually have anything for lunch after this heart attack meal lol, and I go either for a long walk if its nice and not raining, or a bike ride.
Its a good counter balance.
This is a new year treat, but I do like every now and again a good bacon sanie (sandwich)
Hope this clears you question up.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2016, 08:36 AM   #31
jools66

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian
Relationship Status:
Married

jools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputationjools66 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Thank you Jools66,

I was thinking bangers and mash or toad in a hole.

Chad
Hi Chad,
No bangers n mash is usually a lunch or dinner meal.
But you did get the bangers bit right lol
X
jools66 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jools66 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #32
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default New year

Bump bump bump
Old 01-01-2020, 11:25 AM   #33
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

BUMP BUMP....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 11:26 AM   #34
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~
I don't have any sorry to say~
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 11:31 AM   #35
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Eating black-eye peas for good luck and greens (collards for me) for money.

Also, opening the year with a house that’s spic and span. I did everything but fold the laundry—will get to that later today.

Eating chit’lin’s is also a tradition in my family, but I didn’t order any this year. I’ll miss having some with hot sauce.

Talking to family on the phone. It’s not a tradition but it’s something I do on most holidays since I don’t live close to family.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 11:39 AM   #36
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Eating black-eye peas for good luck and greens (collards for me) for money.

Also, opening the year with a house that’s spic and span. I did everything but fold the laundry—will get to that later today.

Eating chit’lin’s is also a tradition in my family, but I didn’t order any this year. I’ll miss having some with hot sauce.

Talking to family on the phone. It’s not a tradition but it’s something I do on most holidays since I don’t live close to family.
I have eaten chit’lin’s it is an acquired taste but I love collared greens. Would love to share recipes. Thank you.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #37
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Like Orema, I have to have the greens and black eyed peas but in the South we eat ham with it too. I was always told the greens represented dollars and the peas coins. If I had cornbread, that would represent gold, but it's hard to find good cornbread up here and I'm not really into making it so no gold for me this year. Not sure what the ham represents but it just goes so well with the others, it doesn't matter to me. All I know is that eating chicken or lobster on New Years Day is a no no. As an Italian, I also eat lentils. I had them all for brunch and it was delicious!

There's a superstition (more than a tradition) of not taking anything out of the house on New Years Day, including trash, but mine is looking pretty full.

*eyeballing the can*

I'm misunderestimated.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 12:04 PM   #38
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,533 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

It was always a day of shrimp cocktail. I don't think there is a specific meaning behind it. I think it just became a tradition at our house. Maybe it was a hangover treat?

My parents always had a New Year's eve party. We were small, holed up in our rooms. I dont remember much about the party except that we would sneak out to get food (it was catered). Also, remember the furniture was moved for dancing. In fact, the cement under the patio was finished with a dance floor finish. ( was fun to slip and slide on in the summer. But, once the pool was put in, it was a dangerous zone)
And then there was the aftermath of the party the next morning.

So perhaps shrimp cocktail was the "everybody" bloody mary???

Never knew of the black eyes pea thing until I moved to Texas.

Oh, and The Rose Parade! Another California tradition. ��������

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 12:05 PM   #39
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I go wherever I'm invited, bring something sweet and eat whatever is served.

Happy New Year, Y'all *

* 16th C. Southern Polish expression
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-01-2020, 12:06 PM   #40
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I have eaten chit’lin’s it is an acquired taste but I love collared greens. Would love to share recipes. Thank you.
Here’s mine and would love your Cole slaw recipe you wrote about in one of the food threads.

Collards Greens

Ingredients:
– Ham bone (with meat on the bone), ham shank, ham hock
– Collard Greens
– Onion
– Celery
– Garlic
– Red or Chipotle Pepper Flakes

Directions:
Wash the ham bone, shank, or hock really good. I like to get these fresh from the butcher or meat department. You can use frozen but they tend to be dirtier and are more difficult to wash than the fresh.

Add the meat to a pot and cover with water or chicken stock. Bring the meat to a boil then simmer the meat for an hour or so. You don’t want the meat to fall off the bone, but you do want to cook it awhile before adding the greens.

Just before adding the greens, sauté everything but the greens till the onions are translucent. Then add the veggies to the ham in the simmering water.

Next add your washed collards to the pot and let boil for 30 to 45 minutes depending on how tender you like the greens.

I also freeze my greens before cooking. My mother used to grow greens in her garden and would only pick them after the first frost. She said they were sweeter after the first frost. I don’t know if freezing helps, but it’s what I usually do.

Add some sliced tomatoes with a little vinegar, some cornbread that does not include sugar or honey, and please invite me over for a taste—I’ll bring wine or dessert!
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:

Tags
new year's day, traditions