Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,384 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
How the Hell did a greasy fat-fingured ignorant buffoon come to a position where he can murder tens of millions of people with the wave of his hand.
Americans, as a whole, are responsible for this mess.

Fix this please and stop complaining about "others" opining on the damage that the Government and its policies are inflicting. You're a "world power" and the damage and the incredibly ignorant polices affect us all. This is not just an "American" planet.
Well, Collette, I don't think Trump did win. I think the elections were compromised. I think its easy to point fingers at us, we have very different issues than Canada (huge diverse population)....and Russia, etc is not trying to topple Canada. I daily do everything I can to help immigrants and to fight to try to make sure we have a different outcome in the next election. I do not think this is an American planet.

Its early, I am on cup of coffee number one, but I must say, your post infuriates me. I did not vote for him, I work for an immigration law firm, I volunteer translating for marches, I have thrown up in the middle of the street and fainted trying to stop for profit prisons. We are not all just sitting here whining about our situation.

Stop blaming and step off.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:40 AM   #542
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
How the Hell did a greasy fat-fingured ignorant buffoon come to a position where he can murder tens of millions of people with the wave of his hand.
Americans, as a whole, are responsible for this mess.

Fix this please and stop complaining about "others" opining on the damage that the Government and its policies are inflicting. You're a "world power" and the damage and the incredibly ignorant polices affect us all. This is not just an "American" planet.
Wow.

We (USA) are living this every single day. Living with this POS ruining our country, destroying our reputation in the world, putting fucking CHILDREN in cages, threatening to start WWIII, kissing up to dictators....on and on and on.

I have (as most of us do) some form of PTSD from several years of watching this play out. We know, should the POS be impeached, we may be in even WORSE trouble with Pence; you see, POS has no soul, but Pence? Pence wants to kill us!

What is your solution? I mean you seem to have thought about this a lot...what is your solution? Stage a coup? Take to the streets? With one of the worlds strongest armies, do you see that accomplishing anything at all? Well??

We are trapped in this nightmare (yes, everyone in the world), but I see no other country stepping up to take down this dictator, do you? Oh yeah, that’s right...it’s because we step up and protect the world! When it’s us needing the protection, when it’s us needing the solution, we sure do get a bunch of fucking whiney people showing up to tell us how wrong we are!

So much for civil conversation!

I’m sorry Medusa, i’ll Step out of this thread.
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 11:48 AM   #543
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,131 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
Wow.

We (USA) are living this every single day. Living with this POS ruining our country, destroying our reputation in the world, putting fucking CHILDREN in cages, threatening to start WWIII, kissing up to dictators....on and on and on.

I have (as most of us do) some form of PTSD from several years of watching this play out. We know, should the POS be impeached, we may be in even WORSE trouble with Pence; you see, POS has no soul, but Pence? Pence wants to kill us!

What is your solution? I mean you seem to have thought about this a lot...what is your solution? Stage a coup? Take to the streets? With one of the worlds strongest armies, do you see that accomplishing anything at all? Well??

We are trapped in this nightmare (yes, everyone in the world), but I see no other country stepping up to take down this dictator, do you? Oh yeah, that’s right...it’s because we step up and protect the world! When it’s us needing the protection, when it’s us needing the solution, we sure do get a bunch of fucking whiney people showing up to tell us how wrong we are!

So much for civil conversation!

I’m sorry Medusa, i’ll Step out of this thread.

Please don't step aside ~ other peoples ignorance is their issue ~ I respect your patriotism tinker as a PROUD American we need to stand strong together and not to turn away because of a ignorant comment We have pride , integrity , unity. Hence the FREEDOM we share as Americans. I enjoy your posts. ** here have some tea and enjoy the day **
Old 07-24-2019, 01:45 PM   #544
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Yes Ms. Tinker! Please stay!
Old 07-24-2019, 06:28 PM   #545
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,264 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

"We are trapped in this nightmare (yes, everyone in the world), but I see no other country stepping up to take down this dictator, do you? Oh yeah, that’s right...it’s because we step up and protect the world! When it’s us needing the protection, when it’s us needing the solution, we sure do get a bunch of fucking whiney people showing up to tell us how wrong we are!" Ms Tinkerbelly

Alright, so who is going to step up when even the mildest criticism brings this kind of thin- skinned and angry response and others making references to "Patriotism". Agreeing with policies is not "patriotism". Disagreeing with those who question policies is not "patriotism". Chauvinism is not patriotism.

Ok, Roll back the tanks.

Just because someone says an onion stinks doesn't mean they need grow a sweeter onion. Just means it may be time to stop denying that that onion stinks or claiming that only you have he right to say so; or that you're going to keep defending that stinking onion from any "foreigner" who says it stinks.

We all share his planet. I'm not sure why having more military "might" and economic "clout" morally entitles Americans to make life and death decisions for all of us without having to explain, rationalize and even apologize for decisions taken.

You can make all the earth-shattering moves your might permits but don't think i will sit quietly, idly by. This is our planet, too. You did this; you fix it. I promise to applaud and be grateful.
Old 07-24-2019, 06:44 PM   #546
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Ms Tinkerbelly, surely you aren't going to leave the thread!!!! This is exactly the sort of dialogue/debate we SHOULD be having. Free flowing discourse is the life-blood of ideas and, even, eventual solutions...how else will we ever get there?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 08:40 AM   #547
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Quote:
"We are trapped in this nightmare (yes, everyone in the world), but I see no other country stepping up to take down this dictator, do you? Oh yeah, that’s right...it’s because we step up and protect the world! When it’s us needing the protection, when it’s us needing the solution, we sure do get a bunch of fucking whiney people showing up to tell us how wrong we are!" Ms Tinkerbelly

Alright, so who is going to step up when even the mildest criticism brings this kind of thin- skinned and angry response and others making references to "Patriotism". Agreeing with policies is not "patriotism". Disagreeing with those who question policies is not "patriotism". Chauvinism is not patriotism.

Ok, Roll back the tanks.

Just because someone says an onion stinks doesn't mean they need grow a sweeter onion. Just means it may be time to stop denying that that onion stinks or claiming that only you have he right to say so; or that you're going to keep defending that stinking onion from any "foreigner" who says it stinks.

We all share his planet. I'm not sure why having more military "might" and economic "clout" morally entitles Americans to make life and death decisions for all of us without having to explain, rationalize and even apologize for decisions taken.

You can make all the earth-shattering moves your might permits but don't think i will sit quietly, idly by. This is our planet, too. You did this; you fix it. I promise to applaud and be grateful.
So you personally have control over everything the government of Canada does?

Cut us some slack, we are in Hell.

I don't think the US should tell anyone else how to live or what to do. I don't believe in a large military. I hate it in fact. WE (the US) have zero moral high road and honestly never have had. Though, I agree many US citizens think we do or should.

I dislike the term American used for citizen of the United States. The Continent is America. Its awkward to say Statesian or USean....In Spanish the term is "estadounidense". Growing up in Argentina, I was taught that we are all Americans. And we are. North Americans, South Americans, Central Americans.
Old 07-25-2019, 11:10 AM   #548
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Ms Tinkerbelly, surely you aren't going to leave the thread!!!! This is exactly the sort of dialogue/debate we SHOULD be having. Free flowing discourse is the life-blood of ideas and, even, eventual solutions...how else will we ever get there?
Discuss, share views, debate, all ways of communication. Insulting, negativity, ignorance, are not forms of dialogue of an intelligent conversation, or informative . Your post made me see how blindsided you are . Please be nice, we are all living in the same world. Loud abrasive behavior is never heard.
Old 07-25-2019, 12:20 PM   #549
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

I'd like to say this as politely as I can: Canadian or not Canadian, my views likely represent the views of the vast majority of world population outside of the USA and a fair percentage of those within.

Individually you each know who you are and where you stand; there is no reason for you to take my remarks personally. There is no plural form of the word "you" but there is no reason to take it singularly unless it really does apply.

I'm done on this topic. The messenger is shot.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #550
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Bernie Saunders is going to be on Jimmy kimmel tonight. Might be worth a watch.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 09:14 AM   #551
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

I don't mind if Canada yells at me, i deserve it. I am not doing everything i possibly can to fight Trump.

I talk a lot of shit online and i have donated to a lot of causes and candidates but every time i find out about an opportunity to volunteer or phone bank or protest i am already scheduled for something else.

I tell myself that working in the library counts as activism, so i have kind of over-committed to that, which is why i'm always over-scheduled </end excuse font>

At some point we are going to have to do what Puerto Rico did. There will come a day when there are more people in the streets than not. I tell myself I'll show up for that, at least.

But look what it took to get Puerto Rico to that point: they caught the government laughing about three thousand hurricane deaths.

We have seen the law enforcement laughing about abusing asylum-seekers, which is just as bad, but it doesn't touch the white people.

I fear that the only way out of this disaster lies through a worse disaster. A disaster that hurts enough white people to piss them off. Something has to piss them off to the point where they'll get mad at the same people they paid to block progress against the thing that just broke them.

"I know i elected you so you could tell me this exact thing was a hoax, but you should have known better! I demand to speak to your manager!"

Barring that:

191 days to Iowa caucus
220 days to Super Tuesday
355 days to the nomination
Old 07-28-2019, 10:02 AM   #552
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_crystal View Post
I don't mind if Canada yells at me, i deserve it. I am not doing everything i possibly can to fight Trump.

I talk a lot of shit online and i have donated to a lot of causes and candidates but every time i find out about an opportunity to volunteer or phone bank or protest i am already scheduled for something else.

I tell myself that working in the library counts as activism, so i have kind of over-committed to that, which is why i'm always over-scheduled </end excuse font>
Found this today, i feel better

Old 07-31-2019, 08:18 PM   #553
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

This isn't a debate it's a Biden bashing ~ they are all patting their backs and bashing ~ it's sickening no one is saying any way they will make a change we know what has to change they don't say HOW ~ I'm embarrassed for them ~ I do like this Mr. Yang if anything he would be great in congress
Old 07-31-2019, 09:24 PM   #554
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2020 Vision-

2 Debates @ MSNBC-
2 Debates @ CNN-

The 20 candidates need corrective glasses/contacts/reality exams.

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ksrainbow For This Useful Post:
Old 07-31-2019, 10:52 PM   #555
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

I loved Stephen Colbert's review of the debates lol
Old 08-01-2019, 05:36 AM   #556
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Debates - The musical

gotta love motown, and their take on the debates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWQiE4N648

charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #557
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by charley View Post
gotta love motown, and their take on the debates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWQiE4N648

LOVED this.......
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 10:48 AM   #558
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Gun Control (...)

Two days of back-to-back carnage in two different US cities (El Paso, Texas & Dayton, Ohio) involving the lightning rod issue affecting American society: Gun Control.

I'm hoping that this lightning rod issue, among other vital issues (1st and foremost, canning the GOP party and saying 'goodbye' to the T^^^P administration), of Gun Control gets the attention it deserves, politically, because the Gun Lobby is controlled primarily by the GOP, I believe, and de-fanging the Gun Lobby - the NRA. No doubt, this is a tough thing to do, but in light of the carnage of criminal gun assault cases across the contiguous states of America and the twin issue of Police Brutality, I hope some presidential candidate in the Democratic Party will emerge with a viable and reasonable plan to address both issues, as well as the Immigration Crisis at the borders and the state sanctioned criminal mistreatment of those who seek safety in America.

I keep hoping that Democratic Senator Castro (from Texas) will emerge from the pack and present the most solid compelling case to vote him in as Pres. of the US, because I'm not sure other Democratic contenders are building the most compelling case to seat a member of the Democratic Party as POTUS.

<<<<<<<~~~ Voting BLUE (Democratic Party Ticket) in 20/20.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #559
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,931 Times in 9,910 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I heard on NPR this morning that Gov. Jay Inslee is running for President. I think he has an progressive vision concerning climate change issues. As well, too, he is supportive toward LGBTQ community issues. Not sure where he stands on Immigration but I am guessing he has experience in that domain, as well.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2019, 08:47 AM   #560
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Member Photo Albums

Biden expressed sympathy for the people of Michigan and Houston at a fundraiser last night.

The mass shootings were in El Paso and Ohio.

I have no words.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:

Tags
2020, election