A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

BOO!

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2016, 08:10 AM   #21022
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

My Halloween

Luckily, the weather turned out an A-ok for the little ghouls and boys who came out to relieve me of pant-loads of candy. My neighbor and her husband came over for the few hours to dole out the goods. She had a Sarah Palin mask and he had a Salvador Dali. They are both eclectic artsy fartsy types, so I wasn't surprised at the Dali.

Neighbor on the other side who has a stressful life caring for his wife of 50 years with alzheimer decided to also join the festivities. He brought his Burmese Mountain dog to add to the fun! (When the kids asked what kind of dog she was, I said she is a Chihuahua dressed up as a Burmese Mountain dog for Halloween. Heehee)

So many kids had good to great costumes and were courteous and friendly (with the exception of the few whom I made cry due to the horrifying nature of my costume.) My favorite trick or treat costumes were the two girls who had characters from "The Purge" movie. Creepy cool!

There is no better way to get closer to your neighbors than celebrating a holiday or festival in such a public fashion. Now, I know my cool neighbors have a hot tub on their back deck. "HELLO, I'm coming over with champagne and water ready clothing!"

Too many parents brought their infants by, now who gives candy to an infant? They just wanted free candy......pfffft

Hoping everyone here who celebrated Hallow day had a great one!

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2016, 11:09 AM   #21023
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation
Default this is what happens when a witch doesn't get her way!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 07:08 AM   #21024
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Day of the dead. Dia de Los Muertos, Nov. 1 and 2

Day of the Dead is an interesting holiday celebrated in central and southern Mexico during the chilly days of November 1 & 2. Even though this coincides with the Catholic holiday called All Soul's & All Saint’s Day, the indigenous people have combined this with their own ancient beliefs of honoring their deceased loved ones.

They believe that the gates of heaven are opened at midnight on October 31, and the spirits of all deceased children (angelitos) are allowed to reunite with their families for 24 hours. On November 2, the spirits of the adults come down to enjoy the festivities that are prepared for them.

In most Indian villages, beautiful altars (ofrendas) are made in each home. They are decorated with candles, buckets of flowers (wild marigolds called cempasuchil & bright red cock's combs) mounds of fruit, peanuts, plates of turkey mole, stacks of tortillas and big Day-of-the-Dead breads called pan de muerto. The altar needs to have lots of food, bottles of soda, hot cocoa and water for the weary spirits. Toys and candies are left for the angelitos, and on Nov. 2, cigarettes and shots of mezcal are offered to the adult spirits. Little folk art skeletons and sugar skulls, purchased at open-air markets, provide the final touches.

Day of the Dead is a very expensive holiday for these self-sufficient, rural based, indigenous families. Many spend over two month's income to honor their dead relatives. They believe that happy spirits will provide protection, good luck and wisdom to their families. Ofrendabuilding keeps the family close.

http://www.mexicansugarskull.com/sup...odhistory.html
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 02:20 PM   #21025
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme on a varied spectrum/babygirl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Thanked 14,633 Times in 6,270 Posts
Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow Ironically...

Genesis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2016, 02:23 PM   #21026
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Genesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST ReputationGenesis Has the BEST Reputation
Arrow You just wait...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-02-2016, 07:27 AM   #21027
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

8 Excuses for Not Having Sex That is soooo 2016

Now that the perennial not-in-the-mood excuse of “Not tonight, honey. I have a headache” has become little more than a joke punchline, we came up with some more current replacements. Here’s what people have been hearing — especially middle-aged people — circa 2016:

1. “I could never sleep with a Trump supporter.”

Yes, this is a real thing. It may even been our very own Noah Michelson, the Voices editorial director here at HuffPost, who started it. As Michelson wrote last August, “I’ve been trying to brainstorm specific ways ... for each of us to help fight this certain and specific brand of evil now facing our country and I finally think I’ve come up with a halfway decent idea: Let’s agree we won’t sleep with anyone who is a Trump supporter. Not now, not for the next three months ― hell, I’m willing to say never again if you are.”

Michelson admitted that the idea isn’t exactly original ― the Greek playwright Aristophanes had it a few thousand years ago ― but, Michelson added, “it’s [still] a damn good one.”

Desperate times require desperate measures, am I right?

2. “You follow Anthony Weiner on Twitter.”

Guilt by association is a powerful anti-aphrodisiac.

3. “Sorry, but I need to binge-watch Netflix.”

Who wants Monday morning to come around and you’re the only one in the office who hasn’t caught up? Don’t be the person who tells everyone not to spoil it for you. Nobody likes that person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0990edc33bc9e
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-04-2016, 07:05 AM   #21028
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

500,000 Baby Turtles to be Released to Help Save Vulnerable Species.

Armed guards reportedly protect the animals’ nesting sites.

Conservationists have a reason to shell-abrate.

On Saturday, environmental authorities and community caretakers in Peru released almost 17,000 newborn yellow-spotted Amazon River turtles into the wild. The International Union for Conservation of Nature lists the animals as vulnerable on its Red List of Threatened Species.

This was the first in a series of three releases Peruvian authorities have planned, CNN reported. By mid-November, they hope to release more than 500,000 of the turtles, known locally as “taricaya,” into the Pacaya Samiria National Reserve, a protected area in northeastern Peru’s Amazon River basin.

Adult taricaya lay their eggs on riverbanks in the area, where they are exposed to predators and poaching. To ensure that the vulnerable eggs are protected, community members and employees from Peruvian government agencies, including the National Service of Protected Natural Areas, remove and care for them until they hatch.

The river turtles were frequently imported and sold as pets during the 1960s, Ohio’s Akron Zoo explains on its website. The Yekuana Indians and some other indigenous groups have also used the turtles and their eggs as a source of food, according to the Smithsonian’s National Zoo.

Armed guards protect the turtles’ 12 main nesting sites from poachers, the National Zoo says.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2016, 08:17 AM   #21029
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Hilariously terrible real estate photos.

*how creepy is this?

* I've heard of the love toilet, but this is a bit much.

* Yeah, someone could spend 5-10 in this room.

http://humor.about.com/od/funnywebsi...441476#showall
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #21030
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

LOL at Sundays

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2016, 08:12 AM   #21031
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

SEE IT: 102-year-old woman, born before women had the right to vote, pledges Arizona’s delegates to Hillary Clinton

She lived through a century before seeing this historic moment.

At the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia, 102-year-old Geraldine (Jerry) Emmett excitedly announced that Arizona cast 51 votes for Hillary Clinton, after spending decades in political activism.

Born six years before women had the right to vote, Emmett lived to see a special part of history at the Democratic National Convention, as Clinton became the first female Presidential nominee of a major party.

*If SHE does not inspire you to vote, absolutely nothing or no one will.
Old 11-11-2016, 06:28 AM   #21032
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,085 Times in 8,588 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

President Barack Obama hugs First Lady Michelle Obama in the Red Room of the White House while Senior Advisor Valerie Jarrett smiles prior to the National Newspaper Publishers Association (NNPA) reception. March 20, 2009. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2016, 08:01 AM   #21033
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

132 year old Lake Superior shipwreck found in 'beautiful shape'

After 132 years, a long-lost shipwreck has been located at the bottom of Lake Superior, and it appears to be impeccably preserved.

Over the summer, a five-man team, including a diver and historian, located the J.S. Seaverns freighter that sank in Canada near Michipicoten Harbor, Ontario, in 1884, along with piles of unbroken dishes and other century-old items, the Duluth News Tribune reported last week.

Dan Fountain, who helped find the ruins described the wreckage as being “in beautiful shape.”

“The upper cabins are somewhat broken up ... [but] the hull itself seems to be totally intact,” he told the News Tribune.

Outside, the ship’s helm wheel leans against what Fountain described as the starboard side of the wreck. In the ship’s kitchen, also known as a galley, there are stacks of plates on shelves. In another area they’re seen piled up, appearing completely intact.

“The Seaverns sank in rather benign conditions,” Fountain told Sudbury.com. “It was a calm day, it wasn’t a violent wreck. It went down rather smoothly, apparently. ... It settled on an even keel on the bottom.”

* How awesome is this?! I collect old nautical items, some of my treasured pieces are from sunken vessels from all over the world such as planks turned into my desk, a pen holder made from sunken sea chest etc.....
Old 11-11-2016, 12:29 PM   #21034
Genesis
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her/hers
Relationship Status:
Loved ლ ⚢

Arrow Sweet...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Genesis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2016, 02:43 PM   #21035
Jesse
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Transguy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
single

1 Highscore

Thanked 17,793 Times in 3,939 Posts
Jesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST ReputationJesse Has the BEST Reputation
Default My new ride!

“You’re so hard on yourself. Take a moment. Sit back. Marvel at your life: at the grief that softened you, at the heartache that widened you, at the suffering that strengthened you. Despite everything, you still grow. Be proud of this.”
Jesse is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jesse For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2016, 04:52 AM   #21036
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

President Barack Obama, Ruby Bridges, and representatives of the Norman Rockwell Museum view Rockwell’s "The Problem We All Live With," hanging in a West Wing hallway near the Oval Office. Bridges is the girl portrayed in the painting. June 15, 2011. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2016, 06:39 AM   #21037
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

This Display Of Bravery And Skill Is What Female Surfers Have Been Fighting For

In powerful, sometimes violent waves, six women faced off Friday during the World Surf League’s first big-wave surfing competition for women at Jaws, a famed surf break on the Hawaiian island of Maui.

Female surfers have been fighting for years to be included in contests like this, but organizers previously said conditions for big-wave surf contests were too dangerous for women.

But Friday’s display of strength and bravery in waves of up to 30 feet prove that, just like male athletes, women are a force to be reckoned with.

The women expertly charged the dangerous swells, showing grace and intense control on the waves. Only three contestants made it to the finals, because a violent sneaker wave rose suddenly during the event, injuring three competitors.

Paige Alms won the contest. But all six athletes made history as the first female big-wave surfers to compete in an official World Surf League event since the league was founded in 1976.

“We’re making dreams a reality,” Alms told The Huffington Post after her win. “To all the little girls out there, you can live your dreams if you work hard and stay focused.”

* ^5 Paige! err I mean Hang Ten!
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2016, 06:32 AM   #21038
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Default Default Emergency Preparedness: Make a Kit and a Plan

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLa...&v=wpDeSfIarSY

This video is put out by a Southern California energy company (SDGE), but these are useful tips no matter where you live.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #21039
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:

Such a bad week for so many of us, we need to have a good laugh. So, tag I'm it.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #21040
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Riders on the storm (The Doors)

Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
randomly, randomly post, stuff