Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,088 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

In a funk. Political days like yesterday take the wind out of my sails so much that it’s hard to get out the bed sometimes. I get up though because that’s exactly what the haters want.

Got rid of cable news last year and now I read most of my news online. This way I have more control over the news I take in, but of course even that didn’t help yesterday.

I’m already thinking of how I will get out of this funk, but I know the only way is to sit in it for awhile without concern of “getting out’ of it.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 10:42 AM   #6682
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~
Sickened because I am sure, even though there are various charges that could be imposed, that none will against Trump, Trump Jr, or Rudy!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 01:38 PM   #6683
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,619 Times in 2,489 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
Sickened because I am sure, even though there are various charges that could be imposed, that none will against Trump, Trump Jr, or Rudy!
There aren't even any charges being imposed on the rioters. Despite the bizarre request by the FBI for help identifying the terrorists and despite numerous videos and pics of these people, some where they actually identify themselves and confess their crimes, no arrests of these people have been made. Law enforcement has become strangely inept at handling rioters all of a sudden.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 01:46 PM   #6684
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Angry. Sickened.

This is from the head of the Chicago Police Union.

“Do I support the Capitol attack? I wouldn’t have partaken in it. They’re individuals. They get to do what they want. Again, they were voicing frustration. They’re entitled to voice their frustration."

They're frustrated? So they get to do what they want? Seriously? BLM protestors they're not frustrated? They're not entitled to voice their frustration? Those protestors you meet in full riot gear.

Before much more time passes they will water down what has happened at the Capitol and make it sound like some good people, good and special people, because of being so frustrated and incited by Trump and some others made some poor decisions but overall they were just misguided patriots trying to do the right thing.

One thing I can thank Donald Trump for is showing us all what the heart of the US really looks like.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 04:42 PM   #6685
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,122 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
One thing I can thank Donald Trump for is showing us all what the heart of the US really looks like.
Disheartened and sickened. I really, really want to believe that this is not what most Americans are like. I really want to believe that most Americans are not sheeple, who will go along with T***p's Hitleresque propaganda. I really want to believe that America is a great experiment where with hard work, though not perfect and not played out yet, and though unfortunately with a lot of blood and grief, people are learning to live together happily and productively in one multicultural society.

I could adopt a more cynical viewpoint, and I do at times. But it makes me feel hopeless and sad about the world. I can't go through life in despair. So I'll keep taking my antidepressants, striving to live with compassion, looking at all sides of the situation as much as possible. I need the inspiration of people like Martin Luther King, Jr., the Buddha, Gandhi, and Jesus of Nazareth in my life. Because I simply can not live like this, with the crappiness of what we have been through for the past day (or the past 500 years of America).

I'm reminded of these lyrics from a song by Nancy Griffith. I suppose you might take them with a grain of salt.

"I was a child in the sixties
when dreams could be had through TV
With Disney, and Cronkite, and Martin Luther
And I believed, I believed, oh I believed.

". . . It's a hard life wherever you go
And if we poison our children with hatred
Then, a hard life is all that they'll know."

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince

Last edited by GeorgiaMa'am; 01-07-2021 at 05:03 PM. Reason: lyrics
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 04:54 PM   #6686
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I have been having massive panic attacks (PTSD) over my six figure debt to US D. of Ed....and over the daily assault by the sex perp in the WH. I just read two minutes ago that he plans to pardon himself.

That is what a narccisist does: they jerk you around daily, nightly, a never ending hirricane of bullshit and threats and (....).

Me too#

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 10:00 PM   #6687
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Disheartened and sickened. I really, really want to believe that this is not what most Americans are like. I really want to believe that most Americans are not sheeple, who will go along with T***p's Hitleresque propaganda. I really want to believe that America is a great experiment where with hard work, though not perfect and not played out yet, and though unfortunately with a lot of blood and grief, people are learning to live together happily and productively in one multicultural society.

I could adopt a more cynical viewpoint, and I do at times. But it makes me feel hopeless and sad about the world. I can't go through life in despair. So I'll keep taking my antidepressants, striving to live with compassion, looking at all sides of the situation as much as possible. I need the inspiration of people like Martin Luther King, Jr., the Buddha, Gandhi, and Jesus of Nazareth in my life. Because I simply can not live like this, with the crappiness of what we have been through for the past day (or the past 500 years of America).

I'm reminded of these lyrics from a song by Nancy Griffith. I suppose you might take them with a grain of salt.

"I was a child in the sixties
when dreams could be had through TV
With Disney, and Cronkite, and Martin Luther
And I believed, I believed, oh I believed.

". . . It's a hard life wherever you go
And if we poison our children with hatred
Then, a hard life is all that they'll know."

I totally get where you are coming from. And I too have hopes and dreams for my country. I agree with what you are saying and the words to that song are meaningful. It is always best to keep a positive attitude.

However in some cases if you don't drag certain things out into the light they slither around in the dark and their power grows and grows. You can't defeat something you can't see. White supremacy is woven deeply into the fabric of the US. It's in our DNA. Systemic racism is the other side of that coin. There is a great deal invested in keeping this status quo. There always has been. A black Metro D.C. police officer who was on duty yesterday said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.

In a poll released by YouGov this morning, almost half of Republicans support the pro-Trump protesters who stormed the Capitol. A lot of these people who are Trump supporters are police, retired police, ex military. Which explains why over and over you hear witnesses of yesterday's debacle marvel how these terrorists were not at all afraid of the police. How can we expect any change when law enforcement is so invested in maintaining a white supremacist ideology unless we shine a light in the dark. How can we really change if we never even examine the truth of who we are because it makes us feel uncomfortable. You have to start from where you are at. Otherwise it's just more lies and God knows we have enough of those. It's better to look at the truth painful as it is because the truth has the potential to set you free.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2021, 10:41 PM   #6688
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I totally get where you are coming from. And I too have hopes and dreams for my country. I agree with what you are saying and the words to that song are meaningful. It is always best to keep a positive attitude.

However in some cases if you don't drag certain things out into the light they slither around in the dark and their power grows and grows. You can't defeat something you can't see. White supremacy is woven deeply into the fabric of the US. It's in our DNA. Systemic racism is the other side of that coin. There is a great deal invested in keeping this status quo. There always has been. A black Metro D.C. police officer who was on duty yesterday said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.

In a poll released by YouGov this morning, almost half of Republicans support the pro-Trump protesters who stormed the Capitol. A lot of these people who are Trump supporters are police, retired police, ex military. Which explains why over and over you hear witnesses of yesterday's debacle marvel how these terrorists were not at all afraid of the police. How can we expect any change when law enforcement is so invested in maintaining a white supremacist ideology unless we shine a light in the dark. How can we really change if we never even examine the truth of who we are because it makes us feel uncomfortable. You have to start from where you are at. Otherwise it's just more lies and God knows we have enough of those. It's better to look at the truth painful as it is because the truth has the potential to set you free.
Thank you Cin. I totally agree with everything you say here. Of course it is important to continue to fight the good fight, deeply examine our flaws as individuals and a nation and a planet, and bring the dregs out into the light. There is some pain involved in doing so, but it's a good pain that accompanies healing ultimately. I was really just talking about how I _feel_ right now, in the spirit of what this thread is about.

That is interesting about the D.C. Metro police officer. I had not heard that viewpoint yet. It confirms what we already know, that many police officers and military personnel seem to have a sense of entitlement to one-sided violence. It also explains why some Capitol Police were opening doors for the protesters and taking selfies with them. I strongly hope that those cases that were captured by social media will be dealt with appropriately.

- Prince
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 02:14 AM   #6689
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Quote:
I was really just talking about how I _feel_ right now, in the spirit of what this thread is about.
Oh ya. This IS the "And how are you feeling thread?" Sorry about that.

I'm feeling a tad silly at the moment. But at least I'm thread compliant this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 05:32 AM   #6690
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Better. Not feeling as paralyzed or “stuck” this morning as I did yesterday.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 07:35 AM   #6691
nanners

How Do You Identify?:
her femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
girl
Relationship Status:
Blissfully married to the love of my life.

Thanked 4,840 Times in 1,066 Posts
nanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputationnanners Has the BEST Reputation

i’m feeling extremely blessed! 2020 was quite the year, my beloved cat Mickey ran away but in spite of that the year was a good year for me. I got sober and have been sober for 9 months now, I got married to the most kind, patient and understanding butch who loves me as much as I live her, and I figured out a way to retire within the next 1.5 years. I’ve become closer than ever to my parents, and my husbutch is close to them too... and what really amazes me is that my parents love her! My parents have NEVER cared for my choice in butches I’ve had relationships with...usually with good reason.

This year I have a list of 20 intentions and have started on 3 of them already. I feel great physically and I love working from home. Hopefully within the next year I’ll be moving south to be with my husbutch, we have a beautiful home on an acre of land. I’ll have a craft room/office and I love the kitchen.
Life has never been better and I feel truly happy and extremely blessed.
nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nanners For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 10:15 AM   #6692
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Oh ya. This IS the "And how are you feeling thread?" Sorry about that.

I'm feeling a tad silly at the moment. But at least I'm thread compliant this time.
No need to feel silly. It was an overwhelming day for most people. Thanks!

OREMA - ^5! Good for you!

I'm no longer feeling so overwhelmed, either. Let's get back on the horse!

- Prince
Old 01-08-2021, 10:20 AM   #6693
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Quote:
No need to feel silly. It was an overwhelming day for most people. Thanks!

OREMA - ^5! Good for you!

I'm no longer feeling so overwhelmed, either. Let's get back on the horse!
Right back atcha, GeorgiaMa'am! Back on the horse, indeed!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2021, 10:34 AM   #6694
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,128 Times in 3,010 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Frustrated. Pretty sure one of my co-workers is about to test positive. Her partner tested positive this morning. I had like four meetings with her yesterday and one this morning before her partner got their results. She ate lunch in my daughter's office yesterday- obviously not with a mask on. I know she and her partner travelled for Christmas and I've been extra careful wearing a mask around her but this is probably going to mean I have to quarantine, as will my daughter. She's also a counselor here so she's potentially exposed dozens of residents.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 08:12 PM   #6695
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Well, I'm officially down 35 pounds since September so I'm feeling pretty darn good right about now.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2021, 08:24 PM   #6696
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
Well, I'm officially down 35 pounds since September so I'm feeling pretty darn good right about now.
Awesomeness!!! Great job!!!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2021, 11:39 AM   #6697
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

A little bummed because my unemployment pay was discontinued but I’ll manage.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 01:18 AM   #6698
clementinefemme

How Do You Identify?:
femme

clementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputationclementinefemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm feeling frustrated. Could use some advice.

How do you know when someone is really guarded and needs love and care to open them up versus when someone truly just has the emotional depth of a toothbrush? How much time should I invest in this process?
clementinefemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #6699
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by clementinefemme View Post
I'm feeling frustrated. Could use some advice.

How do you know when someone is really guarded and needs love and care to open them up versus when someone truly just has the emotional depth of a toothbrush? How much time should I invest in this process?
I guess you just have to weigh how much you like them already versus the value of your time. I would suggest that you keep in mind that your personal brand of "love and care" may not be what is required to "open them up". And try not to fall in love - yet - because betting on changing a person into someone you want them to be is usually a losing bet. Good luck!

- Prince
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2021, 10:25 AM   #6700
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

I'm feeling overstuffed and sleepy because I had quite a large breakfast. I'm also feeling accomplished because I finally tried a recipe that I found on TikTok.

- Prince