How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,146 Times in 5,126 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Bad, bad storms around here, but luckily not over my house. High of 68 today, so at least it's not cold.

BTW, in my experience, SAD is very, very real. It seems to have a lot to do with the light, not just temperature and weather.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 07:26 AM   #4482
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Bad, bad storms around here, but luckily not over my house. High of 68 today, so at least it's not cold.

BTW, in my experience, SAD is very, very real. It seems to have a lot to do with the light, not just temperature and weather.
I think you're correct Georgia. I'm not all that interested to google, but I think it's related to the lost of maybe sunlight?
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 07:30 AM   #4483
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

~~~
We've got a temp of 32 with a bit of snow!

It's so pretty looking out at it covering the bushes and such! I'm not sure how much we got, but not as much as Poulsbo which got 9 inches or Bainbridge which got 6!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 09:36 AM   #4484
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

This past weekend was incredibly nice with record highs of mid-60s for both days. Now, we're back to temps closer to seasonal averages. It's about 39 degrees right now. No snow expected until this coming weekend. It's been a super weird winter so far.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2020, 09:42 AM   #4485
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy Snow - blech

Well, traipsing about yesterday, I mentioned how cold it was, and how it felt like snow, and some of the responses were: the old biddy said: "Don't jinx it!" , and a very lively woman who said: "Shiver me timbers!" while grinning

So, this morning, I just pushed back the drapes and peeked outside, and what do you know?! SNOW

Good grief, and I don't even own a pair of boots.

It's cold, temp will vary between 25 and 32 today. Blech!

Well, I have a toothache, and a visit to the dentist is in order, and not going far - so it will be the little shop, that just opened up next door, that has a small sandwich board with just one tooth displayed on it and no words...
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 08:57 AM   #4486
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Tuesday 6:00 AM Cloudy & 29 degrees.

Outlook is for some sun peaks later in the day and temps in the 30's.......
Old 01-14-2020, 02:28 PM   #4487
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Tuesday 6:00 AM Cloudy & 29 degrees.

Outlook is for some sun peaks later in the day and temps in the 30's.......
Ya, I don't see this happening! Not by a long shot...
Old 01-14-2020, 06:25 PM   #4488
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Thunderstorms, high of 70. Too warm and humid for sweaters.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2020, 09:27 PM   #4489
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,084 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

So. Much. Rain.

I love a rainy day, but I’m about ready for some sunshine!
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 06:28 PM   #4490
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~
High winds are forecast for later this evening. We very well could lose power..
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 08:28 PM   #4491
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
~~
High winds are forecast for later this evening. We very well could lose power..
Dang Homoe…..your weather has been the worst this winter! Be safe!!
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2020, 09:33 PM   #4492
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Snow again. This is twice now the weather forecast was wrong. Hopefully it will be again tomorrow.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 10:27 AM   #4493
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

It's been like spring around here! Cooler weather returning tomorrow or thereabouts.

- Prince
The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2020, 02:51 PM   #4494
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

~~~
The sun has appeared and is melted the snow!

Temps have risen into the 40's so I'm not feeling quite as bitchy now...
Old 01-16-2020, 05:37 PM   #4495
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

The forecast was for no snow today. It didn't look like that was going to be the case today last night, but I thought well you know maybe the weather forecasters are right and for them tomorrow will be all about third time's a charm. Nope, it's falling again! I over slept, didn't hear my cell or the landline so J came over and beat on my door to make sure I was alive. After seeing me in ratty sweatpants, with bed head, rubbing sleep out of my eyes and looking like death warmed over twice, pronounced me alive. Well sort of, for what it's worth. Then promptly split. Once again the snow began here only after she was long gone and it didn't start up there until reaching home she pulled into the garage. It's like we have this down pat, we both want snow but not if we have to be out in it. Only as long as we're both at home, safely indoors all bundled up warm and cozy and that's exactly what's happened for the past three days in a row now. I'm going to make cocoa to celebrate. It's no sugar added Swiss Miss instant but if you use a little more mix than the instructions call for and substitute ½ and ½ for part of the water oh it is so good.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 01:02 PM   #4496
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Okay not to repeat myself but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, for anyone with travel plans or family here - snow again. And again forecast didn't call for it. It's really coming down!
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 05:20 PM   #4497
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,469 Times in 2,635 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default weather

Up here in Toronto we have had snow all day with a lot of high winds. We are suppose to get snow till tomorrow afternoon up to about 6 inches total but blowing will make some spots deeper. Where I am from in Eastern Canada they have over a foot now and the blowing has piled snow up to their windows and over fences.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2020, 07:07 PM   #4498
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,776 Times in 25,659 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Okay not to repeat myself but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, for anyone with travel plans or family here - snow again. And again forecast didn't call for it. It's really coming down!
Maybe you should change the channel that you watch.

We've finally gotten some snow as well. The plows are going now. Snow's okay, but it's going to rain afterwards and freeze and that will be a mucky sucky frosty mess when it's all said and done.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2020, 05:14 AM   #4499
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Here in NY North Country, they can't seem to decide whether to bitch about too little snow or too much (6 inches), too warm 36F or too cold 5-10F.

Geez, in the Mid-West, a winter storm is 3 ft snow then -30F (not wind chill). Up here they talk about wind chill with their 1-5mph breeze.

My Dad grew up, with most of his folks still there, in Sioux Falls SD. They have real weather, with real snow, and really cold temperatures.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #4500
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

High of 40* F today, and sunny weather predicted for most of the rest of this week!

- Prince

Tags
rain, weather