Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 07-07-2011, 06:34 AM   #21
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

I am watching it too!

I am a bit bummed because Jani from Team RadioShack is out of the tour. There have been so many wrecks.

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #22
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
Yes, I read this morning that this moves him into the top 10 on the all time list of stage wins.
Which considering he's only been riding Le Tour since 2007 is no mean feat. He's a rocket, with talents that were honed on the track. I'm a huge Wiggins fan too who has dropped many kilos this year and is looking lean and mean and although keeping a relatively lowish profile race wise is still up there in the top 10. There are several Brits in the top 10 with David Millar being the top placed thus far. I can guarantee that they won't all be there on the Champs Elysee. Or, if they are I will eat my cycling hat.

Did you see yesterday's crash laden stage? It was horrible. Poor Tom Boonen looked to have broken his collar bone. Thankfully he hadn't and managed to make it to the finish within the allotted time.

I was pleased to hear the the commissaires stripped Rojas and Boonen of their intermediate sprint points yesterday for riding into Cav's racing line. At least they showed some consistency after disqualifying Cav the day before from the intermediate sprint for allegedly blocking.

I can't wait until we get into the mountains. The Pyrenees and Alpine stages are always great to watch. I wonder if Contador will show his intentions during the climbs.

I wonder what's going to happen with Contador. To be honest I don't think he should be riding with an unresolved doping case hanging over his head. What if he wins this Tour and the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for sport upholds the doping allegations in August? I don't think Millar and a number of others who've be caught doping should be allowed to ride in the sports most prestigious race either - or the Vuelta/Giro/Paris-Roubaix et al.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #23
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incubus View Post

Which considering he's only been riding Le Tour since 2007 is no mean feat.

Absolutely!

He's a rocket, with talents that were honed on the track. I'm a huge Wiggins fan too who has dropped many kilos this year and is looking lean and mean and although keeping a relatively lowish profile race wise is still up there in the top 10. There are several Brits in the top 10 with David Millar being the top placed thus far.

I can guarantee that they won't all be there on the Champs Elysee. Or, if they are I will eat my cycling hat.

Did you see yesterday's crash laden stage? It was horrible. Poor Tom Boonen looked to have broken his collar bone. Thankfully he hadn't and managed to make it to the finish within the allotted time.

Yes! It was tough to watch.

I was pleased to hear the the commissaires stripped Rojas and Boonen of their intermediate sprint points yesterday for riding into Cav's racing line. At least they showed some consistency after disqualifying Cav the day before from the intermediate sprint for allegedly blocking.

I agree with you.

I can't wait until we get into the mountains. The Pyrenees and Alpine stages are always great to watch. I wonder if Contador will show his intentions during the climbs.

I wonder what's going to happen with Contador. To be honest I don't think he should be riding with an unresolved doping case hanging over his head.

I freakin' hate Contador.

What if he wins this Tour and the appeal to the Court of Arbitration for sport upholds the doping allegations in August? I don't think Millar and a number of others who've be caught doping should be allowed to ride in the sports most prestigious race either - or the Vuelta/Giro/Paris-Roubaix et al.
----------------------

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #24
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

So bummed Levi fell and dropped to 31st.

Old 07-08-2011, 01:19 PM   #25
Daktari

Cav did it again today and on the stage where he won his first stage win ever...the Missile is a truly awesome sprinter and is young so could be around for some years yet. There's a bit of Mario Cipollini about him - well apart from Super Mario's leopard print shorts

Sadly poor Bradley Wiggins crashed and broke his collar bone today so he's out of the race. He really stood a chance of topping the GC on the Champs Elysee this year. I'm sure he'll be back and even stronger next year.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #26
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Talking

Quote:
Cav did it again today and on the stage where he won his first stage win ever...the Missile is a truly awesome sprinter and is young so could be around for some years yet. There's a bit of Mario Cipollini about him - well apart from Super Mario's leopard print shorts

Sadly poor Bradley Wiggins crashed and broke his collar bone today so he's out of the race. He really stood a chance of topping the GC on the Champs Elysee this year. I'm sure he'll be back and even stronger next year.
Ok...now to reply. I made the mistake of reading the first line of your post PRIOR to watching today's stage (I watch the repeat each evening). I won't make the mistake again of reading this thread prior to watching! ha!

Anyway, I can't believe poor Chris Horner.

Sorry about Wiggins, I know you were pulling for him!

And good for Cavendish! His team is a well oiled machine.

I hope things kick in for Andy Schleck when they hit the mountains.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #27
TickledPink

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Girly Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss Pink
Relationship Status:
Shacked UP

Location: The Holt-Mason Chateau Decherd/I'm a NashVegas Girl!
Thanked 1,998 Times in 607 Posts
TickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST ReputationTickledPink Has the BEST Reputation

Le Tour de France in le Chateau!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:01 AM   #28
Daktari

Quote:
Ok...now to reply. I made the mistake of reading the first line of your post PRIOR to watching today's stage (I watch the repeat each evening). I won't make the mistake again of reading this thread prior to watching! ha!

Anyway, I can't believe poor Chris Horner.

Sorry about Wiggins, I know you were pulling for him!

And good for Cavendish! His team is a well oiled machine.

I hope things kick in for Andy Schleck when they hit the mountains.

Oooops! I never thought about that I might be posting 'spoilers' for the race. What time do you get to see the stage? I have it on live here and it's 4pm BST (GMT +1...coverage finishes at 4.30). I'll probably watch highlights tonight too as I've actually missed most of the live coverage today. I also emailed the show last night to ask their opinions on Contador riding when it's entirely possible he could be banned in August. I hope they answer on the highlights show.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:09 AM   #29
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Costa! I am happy for him!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:11 AM   #30
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Oooops! I never thought about that I might be posting 'spoilers' for the race. What time do you get to see the stage? I have it on live here and it's 4pm BST (GMT +1...coverage finishes at 4.30). I'll probably watch highlights tonight too as I've actually missed most of the live coverage today. I also emailed the show last night to ask their opinions on Contador riding when it's entirely possible he could be banned in August. I hope they answer on the highlights show.
Hey, no problem AT ALL. Please don't even consider it...write when you wanna. I will just stay away from thread until I see the race. I watch the repeat at 8pm EST after work. Except on Saturday/Sunday of course! Must set the alarm so I can watch it live!

Old 07-09-2011, 09:36 AM   #31
Daktari

Quote:
Hey, no problem AT ALL. Please don't even consider it...write when you wanna. I will just stay away from thread until I see the race. I watch the repeat at 8pm EST after work. Except on Saturday/Sunday of course! Must set the alarm so I can watch it live!
Enjoy the weekend live broadcasts. Who does the commentary over there or do you get the same coverage we do with Paul Sherwin, Phil Ligget and Chris Boardman?

It's been an uphill stage today which has stretched the peleton out a bit. The highlights will be good. I look forward to seeing them in a couple of hours.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #32
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Enjoy the weekend live broadcasts. Who does the commentary over there or do you get the same coverage we do with Paul Sherwin, Phil Ligget and Chris Boardman?

It's been an uphill stage today which has stretched the peleton out a bit. The highlights will be good. I look forward to seeing them in a couple of hours.
Yes, Paul, et al. I think that Phil is an excellent commentator.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #33
Daktari

Quote:
Yes, Paul, et al. I think that Phil is an excellent commentator.

I like the team too...they've been doing it for donkey's years. The same team has moved channels several times too over the years. Phil is ace, very knowledgeable, as are they all really.

I missed the hightlights tonight because I'm at a friends place but I'll catch the repeat tomorrow afternoon before the live coverage starts.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:25 AM   #34
Daktari

Oh dear. Yet more riders leave the Tour injured in crashes. Poor Vinokourov, they're talking about career ending injury. I hope for him that it's not.

There's already been one of the tour motorcyclists in trouble now there's a car driver. I was staring in disbelief as the driver clipped the rider closest to him. I suspect that driver will lose his job.

I'm pleased to see that Thor has had to cede the maillot jaune to Voeckler who rode really well, it was a shame that he ended up taking second place for the stage.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #35
jelli

How Do You Identify?:
Femmilicious
Preferred Pronoun?:
*she*
Relationship Status:
And you said I wasn’t your type!!!

Thanked 1,079 Times in 377 Posts
jelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputationjelli Has the BEST Reputation
Default I met love for cycling when I met love who was a cyclist.

*watching from sc*

“Sometimes we make the right decision; sometimes we make the decision right.”

“Every conflict is a lesson in self-discovery for both of us. Sometimes it's only hindsight that makes it worth it. For you, I would do it all again.“
jelli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jelli For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2011, 08:15 PM   #36
Daktari

I missed today's stage because......I was out riding.

I should get to see some of the repeated highlights show tomorrow lunch-time.
Old 07-19-2011, 08:59 PM   #37
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Default Today's Stage

Man, I'm BUMMED about Andy Schleck in today's stage....

Time to start rooting for Cadel Evans, I think...

Anyone but Contador...PLEASE!

Old 07-20-2011, 04:47 AM   #38
Daktari

Quote:
Man, I'm BUMMED about Andy Schleck in today's stage....

Time to start rooting for Cadel Evans, I think...

Anyone but Contador...PLEASE!

Cadel is my second pick for a top finish since Brad broke his collarbone.

Sadly I've missed a handful of stages now that I'm at the Burrow and am rehearsing most of the day everyday. By the time I get back to the Burrow (after rehearsals) I just want to chill out with Madame Cholet and not watch any sort of tv.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:08 AM   #39
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:

Cadel is my second pick for a top finish since Brad broke his collarbone.

Sadly I've missed a handful of stages now that I'm at the Burrow and am rehearsing most of the day everyday. By the time I get back to the Burrow (after rehearsals) I just want to chill out with Madame Cholet and not watch any sort of tv.
Cadel has a good team that can get him there, so perhaps we will see him at the finish!

Hope the rehearsing, etc., is going well.

Old 07-20-2011, 05:53 AM   #40
SnackTime

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
UNattainable

2 Highscores

Thanked 13,229 Times in 2,884 Posts
SnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST ReputationSnackTime Has the BEST Reputation

I am not sure who I am actually rooting for right now. I like Cadel and Thor. I am for anyone other than Contador

"There's something to be said for not saying anything"
SnackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnackTime For This Useful Post: