Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > FUN > The Fluffy Stuff: Flirting, Humor, Chat

Notices

View Poll Results: What partner dances do you know? Check all that apply!
Argentine Tango 22 27.16%
Bachata 7 8.64%
Cajun Zydecko 4 4.94%
Country-Western Two-step 45 55.56%
Country Swing 20 24.69%
East Coast Swing 20 24.69%
New York Hustle 18 22.22%
Jive 21 25.93%
Mambo 16 19.75%
Polka 22 27.16%
Quickstep 14 17.28%
Salsa 33 40.74%
Schottische 11 13.58%
Square Dance 24 29.63%
Shuffle 16 19.75%
Nightclub Two-step 29 35.80%
Waltz 51 62.96%
Prefer to Lead 31 38.27%
Prefer to Follow 28 34.57%
Both Lead and Follow 23 28.40%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #1
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,916 Times in 733 Posts
Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation
Smile Do You Wanna Dance?

Anybody out there enjoy social (couples) dancing? If so, let us know the many ways you like to shake it!

Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
grenade

How Do You Identify?:
Full Flavor Femme

Thanked 8,062 Times in 2,121 Posts
grenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputationgrenade Has the BEST Reputation

that's mighty fancy dancin' there. We just kinda get close and grind here.
grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to grenade For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Metro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST ReputationMetro Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade View Post
that's mighty fancy dancin' there. We just kinda get close and grind here.

All the better!
The Following User Says Thank You to Metro For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Luv

How Do You Identify?:
Relationship Status:

Thanked 1,216 Times in 366 Posts
Luv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST ReputationLuv Has the BEST Reputation

Im at the age if I shook it something might pop outta place,,lol,,but I still love to watch dancing,,sure miss it tho !
Luv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Luv For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #5
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

I love couple dancing. When I lived in Memphis there was a gay square dance group, I loved learning to square dance then. Much better than in Elementary school. Regrettably, I have only had one partner that knew how to do several different couple dances. I also love watching a well paired couple.
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
cara

How Do You Identify?:
Queer/lesbian femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Married to my love 08.15.15

Thanked 13,254 Times in 2,724 Posts
cara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputationcara Has the BEST Reputation

For my birthday this year, I went to a queer tango "malanga," which is like a dancing party. It was sooo much fun dancing and learning the basics of tango! Once I'm back in Seattle and have a little more time on my hands, I'd like to go back and take some more lessons. Totally fun!

~Wade Davis
cara is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cara For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
Rope

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
polyamorous

Thanked 1,279 Times in 212 Posts
Rope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST ReputationRope Has the BEST Reputation

The Tango---the hottest and sexiest couples dance.

Rope is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rope For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #8
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,437 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

most of the dancing i know how to do is solo (ballet, lyrical, etc.) or grinding...but i love learning different versions of the hustle/shuffle i'd love to learn some other kinds of partner dancing.
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #9
Maria

How Do You Identify?:
Regular, with sugar

Thanked 1,335 Times in 501 Posts
Maria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST ReputationMaria Has the BEST Reputation

No merengue? Que lastima!
Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maria For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2012, 09:06 AM   #10
wolfsgirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her
Relationship Status:
Firmly attached...

wolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputationwolfsgirl Has the BEST Reputation

I was a competitive ballroom and Latin dancer for years, I also taught for a while.
Unfortunately my partner doesn't dance. Well, not on the dance floor.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wolfsgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #11
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
No merengue? Que lastima!
........ ¡perdón! ........

Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #12
LeftWriteFemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's good girl

Thanked 12,321 Times in 5,198 Posts
LeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST ReputationLeftWriteFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default I wish.........but I can't dance.....sigh

Please take a look at my work
Click on flashing smilie to see my website

To look at my Daddy/girl erotica book Click on pompom girl to see Elbows on the Table, Palms Flat
LeftWriteFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to LeftWriteFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #13
genghisfawn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme/Gentlewoman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
Happily married 05/17/14

Thanked 2,157 Times in 403 Posts
genghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputationgenghisfawn Has the BEST Reputation

If you live in Saskatchewan, you have country cousins. If you have country cousins, those cousins tend to get hitched. When those cousins get hitched (not to each other... mostly... you know...) they tend to have a wedding which features enough food to feed a small city and dancing which goes long into the night.

If you're not on your feet by the time the band strikes up or the DJ starts, your favourite uncle or cousin will be along soon to get you up for a waltz, two-step, polka (very common in my family), schottische or lindy. This is common enough that social dancing still features heavily in elementary and high school phys ed!

When I was younger, my mother and I used to practice social dancing in the kitchen on Thursday nights when the oldies channel played dance music (probably for that sole purpose.) Both of my grandfathers and all of my uncles are strong leads but, being a tall girl, I had to learn to lead too!
genghisfawn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to genghisfawn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #14
Fancy

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
N/A

Thanked 7,099 Times in 2,322 Posts
Fancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST ReputationFancy Has the BEST Reputation

I'll throw a couple more to the list (my personal favs):
Foxtrot
West Coast Swing

<3 to partner dance!
Fancy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fancy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #15
starryeyes

How Do You Identify?:
a round peg in a square hole
Preferred Pronoun?:
Guess...
Relationship Status:
Seat taken

Thanked 10,057 Times in 2,078 Posts
starryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputationstarryeyes Has the BEST Reputation

Nerdboi and I can do a pretty mean Cupid Shuffle.. LMAO :-D

Starry
starryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to starryeyes For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Nerdboi

How Do You Identify?:
Andro/Soft Butch/Genderqueer
Preferred Pronoun?:
Boi
Relationship Status:
Single

Nerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST ReputationNerdboi Has the BEST Reputation

Starryeyes don't tell anyone, you'll ruin my reputation lol jk.
Nerdboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nerdboi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #17
DMW

How Do You Identify?:
FTM/Male (Will 14)
Relationship Status:
Caught An Angel and she doesn't lie!

Thanked 1,861 Times in 614 Posts
DMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST ReputationDMW Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy View Post
I'll throw a couple more to the list (my personal favs):
Foxtrot
West Coast Swing

<3 to partner dance!

Yeah, where is the foxtrot and the cha cha ?

cha cha cha
DMW is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DMW For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #18
ForeverBlue

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her

2 Highscores

ForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST ReputationForeverBlue Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisfawn View Post
If you live in Saskatchewan, you have country cousins. If you have country cousins, those cousins tend to get hitched. When those cousins get hitched (not to each other... mostly... you know...) they tend to have a wedding which features enough food to feed a small city and dancing which goes long into the night.

If you're not on your feet by the time the band strikes up or the DJ starts, your favourite uncle or cousin will be along soon to get you up for a waltz, two-step, polka (very common in my family), schottische or lindy. This is common enough that social dancing still features heavily in elementary and high school phys ed!

When I was younger, my mother and I used to practice social dancing in the kitchen on Thursday nights when the oldies channel played dance music (probably for that sole purpose.) Both of my grandfathers and all of my uncles are strong leads but, being a tall girl, I had to learn to lead too!

Sounds very much like my childhood being of German descent my grandparents had get togethers every weekend and dancing was at the fore front all the time, polka's, waltz's were learned at a young age, right after skating! :-) thanks for a lil trip down memory lane!

Go Sens Go!!
ForeverBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ForeverBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #19
chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftWriteFemme View Post
That is some great old movie footage.....
Love the dancing........

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverBlue View Post
Sounds very much like my childhood being of German descent my grandparents had get togethers every weekend and dancing was at the fore front all the time, polka's, waltz's were learned at a young age, right after skating! :-) thanks for a lil trip down memory lane!

I think that is a key element missing in families today, being able to get together and make music and dance. Have some fun and bond.

pajara "When I lived in Memphis there was a gay square dance group"

I love square dancing. it's fun to spin in circles and swing each other around.
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #20
Metro

How Do You Identify?:

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMW View Post
Yeah, where is the foxtrot and the cha cha ?

cha cha cha

Thanks for everyone for filling in the gaps... would edit the Poll but don't see a way to do so.

Tags
dance