Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 12-31-2015, 12:16 AM   #21
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
old-fashioned queer stone submissive girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
mermaid, *very* lucky babygirl
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thanked 6,116 Times in 1,726 Posts
gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

I love this, what an awesome gift! My favorite gift was the pie book - yay for keeping the past alive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathbypoem View Post

The little sweet "Brownie Holiday Edition Kodak Camera"
that I got for Christmas this year. <3

Year 1953

gotoseagrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 12:17 AM   #22
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

gotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputationgotoseagrl Has the BEST Reputation

So am I! They're adorable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2015, 11:16 AM   #23
deathbypoem

How Do You Identify?:
Poetically versed to breathe only truth and bleed certainty
Preferred Pronoun?:
Kane
Relationship Status:
Married to Chefnaction

Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,586 Posts
deathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputationdeathbypoem Has the BEST Reputation

Arc France glass jars with clamp lid

I have this very one in my kitchen now, which has a very vintage,comfortable and funky kitchen experience.

I need your grace
To remind me
To find my own
deathbypoem is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to deathbypoem For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 12:16 PM   #24
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Tears on Your Pillow Pie

Such a tasty vintage pie that was so easy to make.

Tears on Your Pillow Pie
---------------------------

1 9" pie crust
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 c. whole milk
1/4 c. heavy cream

Mix ingredients and pour into pie crust to bake @ 350 around 35-40 minutes, until filling is set.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 02-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #25
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,512 Times in 3,155 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default More Innocent Times

1912 White Sewing Attachments Tin

FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #26
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Happy Easter Everyone!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #27
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Default Old Quilts

Recently I was given an old king size quilt that was made probably 40 yrs ago by my great grandma. It's so heavy I can hardly fold it. Gonna save it for winter. Looks similar to this one:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to gotoseagrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 06:54 PM   #28
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Yes, those old vintage quilts, what made them SO heavy? Perhaps better made textiles fabrics? Whatever, they lasted forever!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #29
Jackson
Timed Out - Identity Issues

How Do You Identify?:
Dominant Butch Daddy
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Single

Jackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST ReputationJackson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
Such a tasty vintage pie that was so easy to make.

Tears on Your Pillow Pie
---------------------------

1 9" pie crust
1/3 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon flour
1/4 c. whole milk
1/4 c. heavy cream

Mix ingredients and pour into pie crust to bake @ 350 around 35-40 minutes, until filling is set.

This looks good and really simple to make. But I am wondering where they came up with the name?
Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 09:13 PM   #30
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

[QUOTE=gotoseagrl;1088963]Recently I was given an old king size quilt that was made probably 40 yrs ago by my great grandma.

I remember when I was a girl, back in the 70’s, there was a project by women, to preserve examples of quilting from various different time periods, not only the work and doings of the Betsy Rosses of the world but also that of women from less privileged and esteemed backgrounds too. It was a very interesting project to be involved with. Every quilt tells a story about both the period in which it was made, as well as the woman/women (in some cases man/men) behind the quilt who made it. I don’t have anything made by any of by any of my grandmothers, or even my mother - not a thing made by anyone female in my family not even from any of those who are still living. How very fortunate you are to have had something like this handed down, passed along, entrusted to you for safe keeping. What an exceedingly precious, irreplaceable gift - enjoy! I'm sure it would delight your grandmother, as well as anyone else who might had a hand, helped play a part in it's construction to know how very much you do.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2016, 09:21 PM   #31
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Yes, those old vintage quilts, what made them SO heavy? Perhaps better made textiles fabrics? Whatever, they lasted forever!
I know the reason at least some of them lasted so long, wore like iron was because they were filled with heavy duty repurposed wool used as batting as well as in some cases topper material in all or as part of their construction.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #32
EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,907 Times in 1,032 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
These remind me of my grandparents' house and old barn. Would like to live somewhere like that again.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #33
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vintage

According to the posts I am vintage LOL. I was raised with a wood stove, no refrigeration, no running water, no plumbing of any kind. Outhouse and well was what we had. I lived in what is now a city so I am vintage for sure. I still have a couple of those snap lid jars and keep stuff in them. Our family passed down a lot of things so I have quite the collection. Things belonging to my Grand parents and great grand parents. We gained everything when we moved from the Island of Newfoundland to Toronto. Just thought I would expose my young years.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 12:27 PM   #34
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,784 Times in 25,656 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

These candies are available now. They just cost a hundred times more.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 12:33 PM   #35
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 12:36 PM   #36
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 01:55 PM   #37
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Vintage

LOL that's our old stove.
Stone-Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2016, 03:46 PM   #38
Zimmeh
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Me
Relationship Status:
I am a human and not a possession

Thanked 13,441 Times in 4,316 Posts
Zimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST ReputationZimmeh Has the BEST Reputation

Movies from the 30's to the 40's. My 100 year old book that I bought while visiting Jamestown, North Dakota and I just passed my grandma's 80+ year old Bible onto my 16 year old niece.

Zimmeh
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Zimmeh For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2016, 12:02 PM   #39
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

Thank you for the sweet post. Thanks to my dad, this relic was still around, as apparently he has kept things longer than anyone else in the family has, stuff we didn't even know existed still lol. I totally agree about the personal touches that go into quilts, and that's one reason I really want to get into quilting. They are amazing and I love patchwork.

[quote=FireSignFemme;1089132]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoseagrl View Post
Recently I was given an old king size quilt that was made probably 40 yrs ago by my great grandma.

I remember when I was a girl, back in the 70’s, there was a project by women, to preserve examples of quilting from various different time periods, not only the work and doings of the Betsy Rosses of the world but also that of women from less privileged and esteemed backgrounds too. It was a very interesting project to be involved with. Every quilt tells a story about both the period in which it was made, as well as the woman/women (in some cases man/men) behind the quilt who made it. I don’t have anything made by any of by any of my grandmothers, or even my mother - not a thing made by anyone female in my family not even from any of those who are still living. How very fortunate you are to have had something like this handed down, passed along, entrusted to you for safe keeping. What an exceedingly precious, irreplaceable gift - enjoy! I'm sure it would delight your grandmother, as well as anyone else who might had a hand, helped play a part in it's construction to know how very much you do.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:12 PM   #40
gotoseagrl

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
Saltwater mermaid ♡

I grew up in the 80s, which is still more on the "retro" side, so I only saw remnants of some of my favorite decades. Any antiques I find now, especially within the family, I cling to. My heart & soul are attached to the bygone eras before I was born, so I guess that makes me vintage too, in a way. Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
According to the posts I am vintage LOL. I was raised with a wood stove, no refrigeration, no running water, no plumbing of any kind. Outhouse and well was what we had. I lived in what is now a city so I am vintage for sure. I still have a couple of those snap lid jars and keep stuff in them. Our family passed down a lot of things so I have quite the collection. Things belonging to my Grand parents and great grand parents. We gained everything when we moved from the Island of Newfoundland to Toronto. Just thought I would expose my young years.

Tags
bygone, old fashioned, old-fashioned, retro, vintage