Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 03-19-2018, 01:51 PM   #161
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kätzchen View Post
Remember when no one had an answering machine for the landline telephone? If you weren't home to answer your phone, it would just ring and ring (the telephone).

Yup, and I remember the anticipation of who/whom just might be on the other end of the call coming in!

DAMN you caller ID.....
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #162
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

I remember our town being so small you'd get a wrong number and still end up talking for 30 minutes!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #163
Gayandgray

How Do You Identify?:
Femme-ish, tomboy lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Together a really long time

Thanked 12,914 Times in 3,079 Posts
Gayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST ReputationGayandgray Has the BEST Reputation

I remember being able to go in the department stores barefooted when we went down south to visit my stepdad’s kinfolk.
Old 03-20-2018, 12:31 AM   #164
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
I remember, even tho it may be hard for younger folks to believe, when the whole family shared 1 phone and 1 television set..........
You bet cha, 1 television black/white - 4 channels, 2 of which signed off at night, and privileges with could be denied for not minding. Friday night, 1 TV
station stayed on late with scary movies.

One phone with the number drilled in to your memory so effectively that I still
remember it. Had a party line where 2 families shared the line. You couldn't
make a call if they were in the line, you didn't tie up the line with long calls, and you relinquished the line for emergencies.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 12:33 AM   #165
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember, even tho it may be hard for younger folks to believe, when the whole family shared 1 phone and 1 television set..........
You bet cha, 1 television black/white - 4 channels, 2 of which signed off at night, and privileges with could be denied for not minding. Friday night, 1 TV
station stayed on late with scary movies.

One phone with the number drilled in to your memory so effectively that I still
remember it. Had a party line where 2 families who shared the line. You couldn't
make a call if they were on the line, you didn't tie up the line with long calls, and you relinquished the line for emergencies.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2018, 10:12 AM   #166
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember Ben Franklin and Woolworth stores where you could find just about everything!

When you were exhausted from shopping, you could go nourish yourself with something to eat at Woolworth's lunch counter!
Old 03-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #167
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

Quote:
I remember Ben Franklin and Woolworth stores where you could find just about everything!

When you were exhausted from shopping, you could go nourish yourself with something to eat at Woolworth's lunch counter!

Oh, yeah, the daily special was only a buck.

The candy counter is what I miss.

All sorts of candy in a paper bag by the quarter pound hand filled to order.
The Following User Says Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-21-2018, 02:35 AM   #168
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathexis View Post
Oh, yeah, the daily special was only a buck.

The candy counter is what I miss.

All sorts of candy in a paper bag by the quarter pound hand filled to order.
OMG yes, the bulk candy case, how on earth could I forget that! Chocolate covered peanuts, stars, bridge mix, malted milk balls, just to name a few
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2018, 05:27 PM   #169
introverted1

How Do You Identify?:
Femme

introverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputationintroverted1 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

We still have a Ben Franklin in my town... I love that place!
introverted1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to introverted1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #170
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

penny candy and the HUGE selection of it!
Old 04-29-2018, 05:59 PM   #171
Reach *BANNED*
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
Scammer.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hy
Relationship Status:
Moratorium

Thanked 3,275 Times in 1,018 Posts
Reach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST ReputationReach *BANNED* Has the BEST Reputation

Thank you all for these posts. I think given the State of our Union right now nostalgia is becoming to be at the forefront of a lot of people's minds.

A lot of people do wish for those good ole days.
Reach *BANNED* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Reach *BANNED* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2018, 06:23 PM   #172
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

I remember when America had a President most of the citizens respected!
Old 04-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #173
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:
open

I remember when you could walk around oblivious to your
surroundings without the fear that someone would disturb
you except to maybe ask directions somewhere.

Kids had no fear riding around visiting neighbors blocks away
that your parents didn't even know.

Go on a hike in the woods or large park in the city without fear.

I had to learn to be cautious of strangers, poking around abandoned houses, getting a ride home from someone who lived around the neighborhood that I didn't necessarily know.

You get the idea? When first moving to a city, got into a few jams due to my gullibility. It made me hard and suspicious. Sad.
Old 04-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #174
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

I remember when someone walking around talking to seemingly no one in particular was though to have a psychiatric disorder .

When a person was using hand gestures and speaking loudly to no seen person in particular was thought delusional and an ambulance called.

When a person standing in front of u in line says “says excuse me” u just nodded and figured they let out a silent one or burped.

When a person went to a store they said hello to the person they were walking by not someone u can’t see

Cellphones. Now if u don’t walk around talking to seemingly no one u r thought to be crazy for not keeping up with technology.

Oh and by the way. Plato also longed for the good old days when youth behaved and did not cause a ruckus.

Last edited by Dean Thoreau; 04-30-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Dean Thoreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:07 AM   #175
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Parking meters took pennies, nickels, and dimes!
Old 05-24-2018, 04:46 AM   #176
Chained Daisy

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 1,820 Times in 532 Posts
Chained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST ReputationChained Daisy Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

Parking meters took pennies, nickels, and dimes!
Yes ! And to `spend a penny` meant to use a public toilet which had a lock on requiring a penny to access it.

I am half agony, half hope, Jane Austen
Chained Daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chained Daisy For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 05:25 AM   #177
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The excitement of arriving to pick up your photos and hoping they all turned out!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 PM   #178
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember when America had a President most of the citizens respected!
In the early 70's, I had an amazing little orangie-red Opel GT. I used to fill the tank for around $3.50. The tank held 14 gallons and gas was a quarter a gallon.
To compare, gas prices the day before Trump was inaugurated were $1 a gallon. The day after, they doubled to $2 a gallon. Now they average about $2.59 per gallon, and this is in fracking crazy South Texas.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2018, 11:43 PM   #179
WheatToast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she her

WheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST ReputationWheatToast Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I remember nickle bags of potato chips and nickle candy bars!
Sodas were a dime and the bottle deposit cost 2 cents.
Some drive-ins with older movies charged $2-3 per carload, but the fancier ones charged per-person, so teens would hide in the trunk and pop out once the driver parked.
You could smoke cigarettes everywhere, including in non smoker's homes where they'd be socially obligated to put out a giant ashtray on the coffee table.
Even hospital beds had ashtrays, and on airplanes the smoking section and non smoking sections were directly adjacent.
On airplane trips, everyone dressed up in their Sunday best. Full meals were served, with metal cutlery and china plates.
This part was horrible--when an African American athlete, singer or actor was successful, the media would say, "they were a credit to their race."
In high school, only sluts used tampons. Good girls wore Kotex, with ridiculously flimsy, elastic belts that never quite worked.
Panties were gigantic, thorax hugging eyesores, with about 75% more fabric than was needed. The femmie girls loved the nylon kind with the day of the week sewn on or embroidered into the fabric.

Five dollars was considered a fortune to most kids and teens.

But then, adults often worked for less than $1.50 an hour. Executives, like CEOs, would all be male and make about $30,000 a year.

A tooth left under a pillow for the tooth fairy would fetch from 15 cents to a quarter (molars).

In the 70's, an ounce of decent pot was $10. A matchbox was $5. So I hear.
WheatToast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WheatToast For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2018, 04:04 AM   #180
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheatToast View Post
Sodas were a dime and the bottle deposit cost 2 cents.
Some drive-ins with older movies charged $2-3 per carload, but the fancier ones charged per-person, so teens would hide in the trunk and pop out once the driver parked.
You could smoke cigarettes everywhere, including in non smoker's homes where they'd be socially obligated to put out a giant ashtray on the coffee table.
Even hospital beds had ashtrays, and on airplanes the smoking section and non smoking sections were directly adjacent.
On airplane trips, everyone dressed up in their Sunday best. Full meals were served, with metal cutlery and china plates.
This part was horrible--when an African American athlete, singer or actor was successful, the media would say, "they were a credit to their race."
In high school, only sluts used tampons. Good girls wore Kotex, with ridiculously flimsy, elastic belts that never quite worked.
Panties were gigantic, thorax hugging eyesores, with about 75% more fabric than was needed. The femmie girls loved the nylon kind with the day of the week sewn on or embroidered into the fabric.

Five dollars was considered a fortune to most kids and teens.

But then, adults often worked for less than $1.50 an hour. Executives, like CEOs, would all be male and make about $30,000 a year.

A tooth left under a pillow for the tooth fairy would fetch from 15 cents to a quarter (molars).

In the 70's, an ounce of decent pot was $10. A matchbox was $5. So I hear.
In Upper Michigan it was called a "nickle bag"' and correct went for $5 bucks......
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: