Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 05-13-2011, 07:41 PM   #61
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,643 Times in 2,288 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default De6cade

AtLastHome, I agree with you about the importance of keeping the age boundaries with this thread and as I say that I feel a bit hypocritical because I'm not 60. I am coming up on 59 years soon very soon. So let me know if I'm over stepping the boundaries myself

I am in the process of "seeing" what I want to create in my life for this 6st decade of my life feeling grateful to be meeting it clear eyed healthy

At present I am not dating, nor wanting to feel I want to move into this decade alone not lonely love solitude that being said I have met a lovely lady but the time is not right yet for me

Am a deeply private person so I'll stop for now FemmeKat 1 welcome and the best to you and all who are seeking a special person in their lives.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
WELCOME!!

Much of what you posted feels the same for me as a 60 year old, single butch. Throughout the 4 years I have been a member on the B-F sites, I have felt some ageism. And that the dating pool for me is just not very big at all. I prefer women near my age. I do, however, value the younger members and their take on things, but can't see myself involved with a lot younger than myself.

On the other hand, there are many more femmes and butches over 50 than I thought there would be. But, most are partnered. Although, I like the interaction because there are those commonalities we share.

I think it is important to keep the age boundary in this thread. Many threads throughout the site try to create a particular space- BDSM, Trans, Butch, Femme, etc. simply to have a place to relate within boundary desired.

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 10:08 PM   #62
AtLast
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,829 Times in 3,199 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco View Post
AtLastHome, I agree with you about the importance of keeping the age boundaries with this thread and as I say that I feel a bit hypocritical because I'm not 60. I am coming up on 59 years soon very soon. So let me know if I'm over stepping the boundaries myself

I am in the process of "seeing" what I want to create in my life for this 6st decade of my life feeling grateful to be meeting it clear eyed healthy

At present I am not dating, nor wanting to feel I want to move into this decade alone not lonely love solitude that being said I have met a lovely lady but the time is not right yet for me

Am a deeply private person so I'll stop for now FemmeKat 1 welcome and the best to you and all who are seeking a special person in their lives.

Greco
Well heck- 59 is way close! I have more of a problem with a whole lot younger than that. Hummm... wonder if it would be OK to have a "pre-grace age period?"

I hear you about timing- really important. I would welcome someone in my life again, but am needing to get back on my feet physically and financially. Feel like I am far too stressed to be present for someone.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtLast For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #63
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default pre-grace period

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtLastHome View Post
Well heck- 59 is way close! I have more of a problem with a whole lot younger than that. Hummm... wonder if it would be OK to have a "pre-grace age period?"

I hear you about timing- really important. I would welcome someone in my life again, but am needing to get back on my feet physically and financially. Feel like I am far too stressed to be present for someone.
AtLastHome, I love the idea of the "pre-grace" period. We'll see what Keri thinks of this idea.

In any case, yes, I understand about needing to get back on one's feet financially, and physically. For me it is psychically getting to my own place in life alone after many years with a beautiful soul of a woman.

As I've said, I have met a lovely Lady who I have strong feelings for, but I know I must wait for a period of time where I can "see" her, and be with her, and not be in the past, though I carry-on with enduring memories of a great life and love.

I'm saying a lot this evening but feel drawn to share with you, and with others on this thread.

I look forward to continuing the discussion of how it is to age gracefully, healthily. Thank you AtLastHome for your sharing.

Greco

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Old 05-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #64
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Thanked 1,944 Times in 584 Posts
iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

Greco
I hope you and others close to age 60 as well as those who are over 60 will feel welcome here. We have so much in common to share with each other. Let's share it here. We have so many ways to support each other, (and teach each other what lies ahead), I hope lots of it takes place here.

While the goal of this thread is not necessarily to meet the next love of our life, it would please me if that happened for some of us. (Though I would like most of the romance stuff to be conducted through PMs to each other rather than on this thread,LOL) Some of us like folks a little older and some like folks a little younger, so older than 60's is fine and younger than sixties is fine too.

Welcome and please come back frequently
Smooches,
Keri
iamkeri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2011, 02:16 AM   #65
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

iamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputationiamkeri1 Has the BEST Reputation

FemmeCat,
Welcome to the site. Come back often,
Smooches,
Keri
The Following User Says Thank You to iamkeri1 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #66
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week-end. I have been lazing around all day, but have to go take a bath now. Going to Orlando to check out a van I may want to buy. It's quite old, but has lots of handicapper equipment in it, and my old van is pretty well dead. I have nothing I can drive independantly right now, and would like to be able to get back on the road. Also money is tight - that's why I'm looking at this old of a vehicle.

Well if nothing else, it will be a nice drive to Orlando.

Get out there and DO SOMETHING FUN Y'ALL!!! Then come back and tell us what you did.

It's Memorial Day week-end ... what are y'all doing to commemorate it?

Smooches,
Keri
Old 05-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #67
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
makes no diffrence,I know who I am.
Relationship Status:
single,maybe looking if the right person comes along.

Thanked 14,937 Times in 3,936 Posts
Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation

Hi everyone happy memorial day weekend to u all.This that are/have been going one around hear are much the same besides work.Last night I played my useal pool league night and won my game...seems like im on a bit of a streak hear..keep on wining them as I can,my team captain said ourteam will play in the city tournaments in july so there is some money to be won and u bet I will be doing my best to get some of it.Also there is going to be a singles tournament that I have been waiting forever to finaly meet the requirements to play in (I did and will play) again chunk of cash is in the pot.
Tomorrow im haveing a fish fry hear gonna boil some crawfish to with the fixings..should be fun.Im off monday,u can bet im gonna layze away the day.Kerri goodluck with the new old van..hope it works out.
Rockinonahigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #68
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default vehicle

Keri,

Best of luck with the van, and that it will fit your needs.

And have a good Memorial Day everyone.

Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Hi Everyone!
Hope you are all having a fabulous week-end. I have been lazing around all day, but have to go take a bath now. Going to Orlando to check out a van I may want to buy. It's quite old, but has lots of handicapper equipment in it, and my old van is pretty well dead. I have nothing I can drive independantly right now, and would like to be able to get back on the road. Also money is tight - that's why I'm looking at this old of a vehicle.

Well if nothing else, it will be a nice drive to Orlando.

Get out there and DO SOMETHING FUN Y'ALL!!! Then come back and tell us what you did.

It's Memorial Day week-end ... what are y'all doing to commemorate it?

Smooches,
Keri

Old 06-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #69
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Hi Everyone, Happy Saturday to you all.

I decided to nix the van. It was pretty much in good shape, but 21 years old. Good thing I decided against it, because something has come up that will likely take a good chunk of the money I would have used on the van. For now I will just continue as I have been doing. I have a van I can drive once I get in. I just have to have someone else put my scooter on the lift. Cuts the spontaneity out of my movements somewhat, but I've been surviving. Also I live in a little town where I can pretty much do everything on my scooter. The bank and post office are close at hand, away. I actually love running around town on my scooter - I never got to ride a bike when I was a kid, so it fills in that gap. It works out pretty well, I just miss being totally independant. Maybe the universe is teaching me a lesson that it is OK for those who love me to help me. I have always had a hard time taking help from anyone, though I constantly help and offer help to others. Patience grasshopper, patience!

Y'all get out there and cut your grass - it's looking a trifle long. Then grab a cool refreshing drink of your choice and do something fun. I plan to get my hair cut, and then go swimming. It's 88 degrees out right now!

Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #70
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Rockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST ReputationRockinonahigh Has the BEST Reputation
Default Kiri

Do I wish we had 88 degree weather hear,it has gone for low to mid 80's to the mid to high 90's nearly over night..yeaterday it was 101 with the heet index..Hot..hot ..hot.
U r lucky to have a palce to swim,the only places I can go is the "Y" and only in the evenings....noooooo not me in a pool of crazy kids.WIsh I could join ahealth club with a pool with out breaking the bank.
Cutting the yard is a snap hear with the John Deer mini tractor I have with bush hogg atatchment...just buzz cut that grass.
I get how u feel about acepting help from ppl,I try to do as much as I can on my own even though at times I could use a hand now and then.
Old 06-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #71
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Rockin
The heat has definetly settled in here. It's been in the high ninetys for about five days now. Not unusual for Florida, but a little earlier than usual.

I am lucky to have a pool. I have a great house in a shitty neighborhood. Well, it's an industrial neighborhood, so the "view" is not great. Great house, though, which is why I stay. Also because it is a racially mixed neighborhood and my racially mixed kids are the norm here. A few years ago I rented this house and bought a house in a beautiful neighborhood in the next town. It was obvious from day one that we were not welcome there. I got a complaint call about my sons at least once a week. They were hanging out by the gazebo at the main drive. They were sitting on a bench down by the lake. They were playing video games in the clubhouse. They actually changed the clubhouse rules to keep them out. They raised the age kids could be alone in there from 14 to 16 and then to 18 when one of the boys turned 16. People were constantly telling me how wonderful my daughter is (she's blond with blue eyes), but the boys were not wanted. After about 18 months, when my tenants moved out. we moved back "to the old neighborhood." Now I have a racialy mixed grandchild, so I guess we'll be staying here as long as any of the kids are at home. It is after all. a great house.

So what have you peeps been up to? Are any of you off work for the summer? Any travel plans in the offing? Any relatives on the way?

Speak to me,
Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-13-2011, 01:35 PM   #72
janii

How Do You Identify?:
femme

janii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputation

Thrilled to find this thread. Nice to know that their are people here that I can relate with. I recently moved back to Kentucky from Kansas (hey Gina) after being gone for 30 years and do not know anyone except for family here. Don't even know where to look. I am 60 but don't feel it most of the time althought I recently had a knee replacement and oh how I am feeling it, but it ls getting better and I am back to work. Looking forward to meeting all of you.
janii is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to janii For This Useful Post:
Old 06-13-2011, 05:07 PM   #73
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hi Kiri,yes its hot hear all of 100 today,I wont even gess at the heet index cause I my faint away from being out most of the day.What I did today was join a wellness center so I can swim,use beter equipment than what I have,and also beable to just go when I wan to most of the time.
Old 06-13-2011, 06:44 PM   #74
Greco

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Default welcome

Welcome janii

Greco

Old 06-15-2011, 06:40 PM   #75
janii

How Do You Identify?:
femme

janii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputationjanii Has the BEST Reputation

Hey Greco......Thanks for the welcome. Hello everyone. Hope this finds everyone well and in good spirts. I am in the process of reading all of the post but have not finish yet, but I did see talk of starting a chat session did this happen if so is it still happening
Old 06-15-2011, 08:18 PM   #76
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

Janii
Hi Welcome to the thread; sorry I missed you earlier. Sorry to say the chat idea kind of fell by the wayside. I for one would still like to see it happen though. Knee replacement is very painful I have heard. Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to go back to work - hope you will soon be out dancing.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, if you feel like sharing.

Hi everyone. Glad to see you popping in fairly regularly.
Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #77
janii

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamkeri1 View Post
Janii
Hi Welcome to the thread; sorry I missed you earlier. Sorry to say the chat idea kind of fell by the wayside. I for one would still like to see it happen though. Knee replacement is very painful I have heard. Glad to hear you are feeling well enough to go back to work - hope you will soon be out dancing.

Tell us a little bit about yourself, if you feel like sharing.

Hi everyone. Glad to see you popping in fairly regularly.
Smooches,
Keri
I am 60yo recently moved back to Louisville Ky having lived in Kansas for almost 30 years. Moved back to help my son with my granddaughter as well as to get to know her better and have her get to know me since I had only gotten to see her a few times. Remember a few folks on the Planet from another site I once belonged to, and Gina is a very good friend that I miss very.
The Following User Says Thank You to janii For This Useful Post:
Old 06-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #78
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

BUMP,BUMP.....Helllllllloooooooo anybody home??!!! Just thought I would stop by and see what was up.This rounds up my first week at the wellness center,holy gay am I one tired person...not a part of me dosent feel wimpy so it must have done some good.Its been so long since I used real exersise equipment I cant tell ya.Looks like all the crazy questionairs werent made for me...looks like im on the edge of everything,wich is good on one hand but confuseing to my personal trainer.All is well though but I wish I could remember the names of the ppl I went to school with that are there,I made friends in school but over the years names and faces have left me..kind of outta sight outta mind.Then there is the cute red head at the desk who knowsme but for the life of me I know not where..Today I went in the office to sign in then get a locker key she handed me the key then ask if I needed help...she wasnt talking about finding the locker I can ashure u..not with that look.Gess I sitll got "it",whatever "it" is,to bad she is half my age.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #79
iamkeri1

How Do You Identify?:
femme woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

1 Highscore

WOO WOO! Rockin! In a few months you'll be all buffed out and even more women will be offering you help you find what you're looking for. LOL!

Still here in Florida instead of on the way to Michigan as a business problem occurred to delay me. The heat is incredible 99 one day this week and 100 yesterday!

Smooches,
Keri
Old 06-22-2011, 02:50 PM   #80
Rockinonahigh

How Do You Identify?:
stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Hi Kiri,today we are haveing a second fantastic rainy,cloudy day thats is 85,yesterday was 77,I dont care how this happened but it is welcome after so many days of 101heet.
I have no idea how buff I will be but I will be a lot lighter if at all possable.Today I went to put out a fue job apps( still got the other one but time to move on if I can)I put on my suit...lo and be hold I thought my pants were going to fall off,I didnt have another pair of grey dress pants so I wore them any way.How did I do this,beleave it or not its the diabetic diet im on plus the near daily workouts.I thought I wouldnt have any energy with out all the carbs,wrong..yes, it is an ajustment but my body has ajusted and I feel great.THe thing thas has helped is haveing a test meeter and useing it three times or more times a week to check my sugar count,at first it was 103 then 104 then 101 today was a perfect 85,with a metter I can keep a check on if in processing carbs or not if not cut back till I do.It has taken close to two weeks to get to this point.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockinonahigh For This Useful Post: