Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > RELATIONSHIPS, COMMUNITY, GROUPS > Fine Wine: Folks Over 50

Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 AM   #41
Abigail Crabby

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Princess
Relationship Status:
Single, but sociable

Thanked 9,667 Times in 2,484 Posts
Abigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST ReputationAbigail Crabby Has the BEST Reputation

I thought about it some more......

There are some things I'm too old for.

Drama.

The all about me people.

People who only see what's in it for them.

Broken promises

I guess all the above = Drama

Turns whatever happens to you into a positive...
Abigail Crabby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Abigail Crabby For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:08 AM   #42
StillettoDoll

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Lady
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 3,878 Times in 1,484 Posts
StillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST ReputationStillettoDoll Has the BEST Reputation

Smoking cigarettes which I just quit, learning ballet, mini shirts and short shorts, having children, junk food,
gymnastics .
Old 08-18-2011, 05:26 AM   #43
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Pain for nothing

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #44
Kobi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Biological female. Lesbian.
Relationship Status:
Happy

39 Highscores

Thanked 34,659 Times in 7,651 Posts
Kobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST ReputationKobi Has the BEST Reputation

I am too old to tolerate the bullshit.
Kobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kobi For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #45
Dominique

How Do You Identify?:
Female/Lesbian/half the athlete I used to be
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Dates

Thanked 3,735 Times in 1,168 Posts
Dominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST ReputationDominique Has the BEST Reputation

I was coming on here to say I'm too old for Drama. But I see it's been well spoken for.

As long as there was coffee in the world, how bad could things be??
Dominique is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dominique For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2011, 07:26 AM   #46
theoddz

How Do You Identify?:
Old Poop
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mr. Beast
Relationship Status:
Happily Married

Thanked 9,863 Times in 2,473 Posts
theoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputationtheoddz Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapu View Post
I just wonder.... Could theOddz, Anya, and I have ever met up? I hit those bars in every town you named.

Think back:

I tended bar at the Flame for about a year and a half.
I tended bar at the Dinah Shore open, can't remember what year.
I worked door guard at the Boom-Boom Room, wearing a vintage leather jacket. (Laguna Beach, mostly men's bar. Had full aquariums under the bar so that when you leaned your elbows on it, you were staring down at tropical fish! Hard to forget that....)

Does any of this ring a bell? Probably not, but it would be cool if so.

Hey, I wonder if AARP ever holds any parties there....
Hey, last I heard and saw, the Flame is still there, tho it wasn't when I was running around back then. I think it came a few years later. There was also The Box Office, which is also no longer there. Does anyone remember a bar called "Hoop's Coop" in Garden Grove?? It was a small place with a pool table or two and a lot of dykes!!

No wonder bar hopping to/from lesbian bars in San Diego, back in the late 70's and 80's had us all out all night....hell, all weekend!!! We used to cap it off with softball games in Balboa Park on Sunday afternoons, complete with picnic lunches.

Oh, and I'm too old for arm wrestling matches with the Navy women. We Women Marines used to do that back then, but I'm too old for that now.

~Theo~
Old 08-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #47
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

A few things....
  • reading the small print without my glasses
  • hearing anything in spaces with lots of background noise, competing voices, or if you're just standing behind me
  • waitressing, bartending or anything else that involves long hours on my feet
  • jobs without vacations and benefits
Old 08-18-2011, 11:32 AM   #48
MissPriss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
only lasting realtionship I have is with my job, my gun and my truck.

MissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST ReputationMissPriss Has the BEST Reputation

Today was a very hard day at work so as of now my body feels way too old for job!! Also, my neice is trying her best to drag me to a party. Really? When Im all beat up with cracked ribs that are most likely in worse shape than they were on the initial break lol. This child wants me to go to a party full of twenty somethings.....She is an amazing soul thinkin her Auntie is just the coolest most IN thing ever. Gotta love her!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #49
Red Dirt Girl

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
PrincessPrettyPants, please.
Relationship Status:
Excellent.

Red Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST ReputationRed Dirt Girl Has the BEST Reputation

I feel too old to learn to surf.
I don't feel old enough to know that maybe I'm not.
Old 08-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #50
Strappie

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
I know who I am... Doesn't matter
Relationship Status:
It's a new day....

Thanked 4,946 Times in 1,350 Posts
Strappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST ReputationStrappie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

As someone pointed out.... I'm too OLD for Sugar!! I only drink sugarless Kool-aid... *grin*
Strappie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Strappie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 06:43 PM   #51
Venus007

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Serene Highness ;}
Relationship Status:
Dreamily contemplating some outrage against conventional morality

Thanked 4,768 Times in 1,144 Posts
Venus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST ReputationVenus007 Has the BEST Reputation

Ennui
Body shame
Failing to suck the marrow

"So you'll die happily for your sins. You'd rather die in guilt then live in love?" Timothy Leary
Venus007 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Venus007 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:13 PM   #52
QueenofSmirks

How Do You Identify?:
Just Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
she/her
Relationship Status:
Busy

1 Highscore

Thanked 2,920 Times in 879 Posts
QueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST ReputationQueenofSmirks Has the BEST Reputation

I'm too old for Drama

"There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way." Christopher Morley
QueenofSmirks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to QueenofSmirks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:27 PM   #53
Scorp
Italian Stallion

How Do You Identify?:
DNA Usually...

Thanked 4,721 Times in 1,270 Posts
Scorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST ReputationScorp Has the BEST Reputation
Default Shazam!

Underoos...

Scorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorp For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2011, 07:29 PM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,956 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

today's music,,, it's just NOISE. ahem.
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-20-2011, 09:14 AM   #55
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am too old to work over 70 hours a week, anymore.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 10:19 AM   #56
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

To parent to a full grown adult. I do not mean one of my own full grown adult children, that is different. Well, done differently, now.

For an instant relationship after three dates.

To not put myself first in a healthy, functional way always. I am surprised at how many do not do so, including me, before realizing it is the only way to be happy. I am not espousing selfish, dysfunctional response, I am saying self must be an important part of ANY relationship. Thank goodness for AlAnon.

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 07:45 PM   #57
bigbutchmistie

How Do You Identify?:
Since You Need A Label. Butch
Relationship Status:
Still Dreaming Of My Happily Ever After

Thanked 5,364 Times in 1,941 Posts
bigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputationbigbutchmistie Has the BEST Reputation

I feel too old for :

Drama

Dating Games

Children

Partying/ Clubbing
bigbutchmistie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bigbutchmistie For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 07:57 PM   #58
deb_U_taunt

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 5,260 Times in 1,363 Posts
deb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputationdeb_U_taunt Has the BEST Reputation

I am too old to not know that I don't know as much as I would like to think I do.
deb_U_taunt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to deb_U_taunt For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2011, 08:54 PM   #59
Dante

How Do You Identify?:
Stone Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
Hym
Relationship Status:
Single

Dante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST ReputationDante Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anya/Georgia View Post
Yes I do remember all if them. I went to the Executive Suite frequently because it was close to OC. It is/was in Long Beach-a few years ago drove by @ night saw a group of younger lesbians hanging around outside. They reminded me of my former self. It may still be there. I used to go there a lot.

I have been wracking my brains trying to remember the lesbian bar in Garden Grove, a dive, that all the OC lesbians went to.

I went once, by myself, when I first came out. All the older butches were hanging around by the back door-looked me up and down in my femme heels, etc., laughing saying: "well, well, what DO we have here?" Kind of like I was lost in the wrong place.

Memories...
are you thinking of The Happy Hour ???
The Following User Says Thank You to Dante For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2011, 08:49 AM   #60
JazzGirl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Feminine pronouns
Relationship Status:
Not looking

JazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST ReputationJazzGirl Has the BEST Reputation

Another massive hurricane. for all of us on the East coast.

I think I am too old to become a bitch. I simply do not know how.

" Love makes your soul crawl out from its hiding place." ~Zora Neale Hurston

"Talk to yourself from the perspective of truly being willing to do whatever it takes rather than relying on the same old excuses that keep you from making those changes. You'll be thrilled with yourself when you adopt an 'I'm willing' attitude."

— Dr. Wayne Dyer

JazzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JazzGirl For This Useful Post: