Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Politics And Law

Old 03-03-2020, 07:01 PM   #261
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,265 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

BLOOMBERG THANKS SAMOA.

Bloomberg, in gratitude to Samoa, has announced he will buy it and make it the centrepiece of his financial and personal empire. He stopped short of announcing that he, personally, would move to Samoa but he did say that at least half of his Cabinet would be Samoans.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 09:36 AM   #262
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mario Cuomo "A Tale of Two Cities" Speech

Mario Cuomo gave this keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in 1984. I was living in NYC at the time and was a fan Cuomo. Despite the roar of applause, most Americans weren't interested in what Mario had to say. The "Masters of the Universe" were in charge telling us to be patient because "trickle-down effect" would soon be in action. <snort>

This is what's on my mind this morning.

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 05:56 PM   #263
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Partisan outrage erupts in the Senate as coronavirus stimulus bill fails for a second time..

~~~
It's about time these dems and reps put their dicks back in their pants and stop having these pissing contests at the American workers expense!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #264
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default And from the Republican's Delicate Genius Susan Collins..

Sen. Susan Collins, R-Maine,

"We are in the midst of a crisis in our country, a crisis caused by the coronavirus. I cannot believe that the answer to this crisis as we move to address the economic consequences that are so severe for the people of this country — that the answer from our friends on the other side of the aisle is delay, delay, delay. No sense of urgency, no hurry."

REALLY Susan really!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #265
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,927 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default @ Orema

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orema View Post
Mario Cuomo gave this keynote address at the Democratic National Convention in 1984. I was living in NYC at the time and was a fan Cuomo. Despite the roar of applause, most Americans weren't interested in what Mario had to say. The "Masters of the Universe" were in charge telling us to be patient because "trickle-down effect" would soon be in action. <snort>

This is what's on my mind this morning.

Thank you so much for finding this video of Mario Cuomo's speech from years ago. I was watching Andrew Cuomo's co-vid 19 briefings via YouTube and a couple days back, a news reporter referenced Mario Cuomo while asking the Governor of New York some vital questions about the on-going status of the crisis NYC and NY state is dealing with daily.

I sure do Appreciate you posting this video. Thanks.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 12:13 PM   #266
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Seems that Dan Patrick, a good Christian, small business owner and Lt Gov of Texas worth 25 million$ ( well, who knows) thinks old people and the vulnerable should be thrown onto a sacrificial funeral pyre to save him and the economy that provided him with 25 Million $.

Dan, Dan...want to contribute to the well-being of America? Buy 25 Million $ worth of ventilators and masks with your hefty nest-egg and send them to a hospital in Texas. And then send your kids to the basement to start sewing protective wear for health-care workers/. AND THEN YOU CAN PONTIFICATE ABOUT WHO IS WORTH SAVING>>>YOU PIECE OF EUGENIC SHIT>
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 12:48 PM   #267
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Seems that Dan Patrick, a good Christian, small business owner and Lt Gov of Texas worth 25 million$ ( well, who knows) thinks old people and the vulnerable should be thrown onto a sacrificial funeral pyre to save him and the economy that provided him with 25 Million $.

Dan, Dan...want to contribute to the well-being of America? Buy 25 Million $ worth of ventilators and masks with your hefty nest-egg and send them to a hospital in Texas. And then send your kids to the basement to start sewing protective wear for health-care workers/. AND THEN YOU CAN PONTIFICATE ABOUT WHO IS WORTH SAVING>>>YOU PIECE OF EUGENIC SHIT>
Oh he's an idiot, but I think in all fairness he did say he'd be willing to die!
Just in case, let's hope he's working on his will and is leaving a little something to help the fight of this virus OR the countless workers affected by it!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 01:39 PM   #268
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Default I've got steam coming out of both ears no pun intended!

~~
Well it's politics as usually, why am I surprised!? I educated myself recently on "earmarks" and it was quite a education!

Dems & Reps are equally guilty of this tactic. I couldn't find a listing of all the earmarks both parties are trying to slip into this stimulus bill, but the ones I did come across made my blood boil! They had NOTHING whatsoever to do with additional ways in which to help workers so severally affected by this economy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:24 PM   #269
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
Oh he's an idiot, but I think in all fairness he did say he'd be willing to die!
Just in case, let's hope he's working on his will and is leaving a little something to help the fight of this virus OR the countless workers affected by it!
Buddhist monks set themselves on fire to show the depth of their beliefs. This prick has zero credibility. Hand him some matches and we'll see how serious he is. F...ing demagogue.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:36 PM   #270
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Agreed homoe! What the hell!!! Would you all PLEASE do your jobs and pass a bill that SOLEY addresses this crisis.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2020, 11:29 AM   #271
CherylNYC

How Do You Identify?:
Stonefemme lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm a woman. Behave accordingly.
Relationship Status:
Single, not looking.

Thanked 7,151 Times in 1,206 Posts
CherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST ReputationCherylNYC Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
If he's willing to give up his life in the service of something larger than himself, I encourage him to do something useful and help out with the real warriors at a hospital where real people are really dying.

Moron!

Traditionally marginalized people, (lgbt, POCs, differently abled people), have been considered expendable, but never, EVER in our county's history have elders been considered expendable!
Old 03-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #272
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,427 Times in 733 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So I had to go to Wal-Mart today because our parrots think they need to eat and believe me they think loudly. The store was pretty empty and decimated of product although I did score the parrot happy meals. While being the designated parrot shopper, I couldn't help but notice THE most elderly customers (seriously)I have ever seen shopping there and we go there ALOT to buy product for the store. I would really hate to think they have bought into this philosophy of supporting the economy, even if they have to die for it.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 05:49 AM   #273
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,417 Times in 2,607 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Politics

Our Prime Ministers wife got the virus and now Prince Charles has the virus. Apparently money and power can't stop this baby.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 09:33 AM   #274
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-Butch View Post
Our Prime Ministers wife got the virus and now Prince Charles has the virus. Apparently money and power can't stop this baby.
You're absolutely right!

However I do think those with money and power get tested faster and results known quicker, than those who don't!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #275
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
So I had to go to Wal-Mart today because our parrots think they need to eat and believe me they think loudly. The store was pretty empty and decimated of product although I did score the parrot happy meals. While being the designated parrot shopper, I couldn't help but notice THE most elderly customers (seriously)I have ever seen shopping there and we go there ALOT to buy product for the store. I would really hate to think they have bought into this philosophy of supporting the economy, even if they have to die for it.
Maybe the reason is that they have no one else to shop for them. I seriously doubt they are out there to "support the economy". Maybe they have no other choice and the economy isn't supporting them.

Lots of seniors simply don't have smart phones, know how to order online, understand "apps" etc. Or just have NO ONE TO HELP THEM or know how to find someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 09:54 AM   #276
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
raining cats & dogs

Thanked 21,363 Times in 6,715 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i like the Governor of NY...i think he's an Independant?...He's very conservative and obviously argumentative..but that doesn't bother me because he's honest...just gives it to you cold..i respect that even though i may not like what you're telling me..if only he were President, i'd feel a lot more confident things will eventually get better...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 09:55 AM   #277
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,014 Times in 5,082 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
So I had to go to Wal-Mart today because our parrots think they need to eat and believe me they think loudly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Maybe the reason is that they have no one else to shop for them.
Okay, so this is how I read this at first. It gave me a good laugh!

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 10:08 AM   #278
Cin

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Truly Madly Deeply

2 Highscores

Thanked 10,622 Times in 2,488 Posts
Cin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST ReputationCin Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
You're absolutely right!

However I do think those with money and power get tested faster and results known quicker, than those who don't!
Not only that, but when it comes down to who lives and who dies, as it has in Italy and Spain, it is the wealthy who will get the ventilator. And even more importantly, money has allowed the wealthy to be better prepared healthwise having had the income to afford good healthcare throughout their lives. They never had to choose between feeding their family or filling their asthma medication. People in lower economic classes are more likely to catch the disease and also more likely to die from it because of health issues. Also the wealthy have the privilege of being better able to isolate successfully, something that is not always easily done for some. And even those in lower economic classes who remain healthy are going to have to deal with the devastating effects of a loss of income and/or healthcare/insurance to a degree that the wealthy will not.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 10:11 AM   #279
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
Okay, so this is how I read this at first. It gave me a good laugh!
Once I read your post a second time, I started laughing too!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #280
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittygrrl View Post
i like the Governor of NY...i think he's an Independant?...He's very conservative and obviously argumentative..but that doesn't bother me because he's honest...just gives it to you cold..i respect that even though i may not like what you're telling me..if only he were President, i'd feel a lot more confident things will eventually get better...
Yes, I like him too! He doesn't pussyfoot around, tells it like it is, no BS!

Andrew Mark Cuomo is an American politician, author, and lawyer serving as the 56th governor of New York since 2011. A member of the Democratic Party, he was elected to the same position his late father, Mario Cuomo, held for three terms.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: