Notices

Old 07-24-2019, 08:54 PM   #3281
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post I am...

Eating plums and cherries while watching 'What The Health'.
PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PlatinumPearl For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 09:46 PM   #3282
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDeere View Post
Trying to drown out the loud ass tv...

My dad is hard of hearing and refuses to get a hearing aid.
Wearing hearing aids is not fun. There are reasons some kids at schools for the deaf kick them around like hacky sacks. Maybe closed captioning would help. There are subscription services that are better than the freebie captioning you can get without a plan for some shows. I don't know about all sets but mine is older and has the get freebie captioning for some shows option. It can be set by remote control to turn that feature on/off so you don't always have to have it on. New the set I have cost me around $300.00 but now sells at Walmart for half that price and there are even less expensive ones. I think all newer TV sets have it now. Craigslist is sometimes an option. My son gets all his television sets for a good price off there every time he upgrades and so far has had really good luck with that. Also I'm not sure who does it, or if they even do it anymore but it used to be if you needed assistive devices you could sometimes get them on loan or with grants. I don't have that info but below are some links to sites where someone might know more about this. Maybe turning it up is helping him now but later if his ability to hear changes he might need some further help to get full enjoyment out of watching his favorite shows. Sometimes people will be persuaded by asking what about the neighbors, kids, grand kids, pets in the home. Anyhow perhaps you already know all of this or more than I do but still for future readers who might not know anything at all, it's good information to have out there, and at least a place to start.

https://www.vicaps.com/

https://www.hearingloss.org/

https://www3.gallaudet.edu/clerc-cen...nizations.html
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 01:56 PM   #3283
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Getting ready to head out the door and go look at some apartments.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 02:13 PM   #3284
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Taking a break from a painting I'm making for my sister's nursery when the baby comes. Hanging out with my Jedi and listening to music

My Patreon

My Website
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 04:41 PM   #3285
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,113 Times in 3,005 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Tidying my house and semi packing to go away this weekend.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 05:38 PM   #3286
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Now putting some finishing touches on plans for my parent's wedding anniversary tomorrow. 50 years.

My brother and I were in the middle of planning a real party when he died. My parents don't want that party now. Understandable. Every celebration right now has a gaping hole. So I'm planning a home dinner party for them. I keep reaching for the phone to call my brother to ask his thoughts. Anyway, I have a nice dinner planned at home. Their grandkids and daughter in law will be there. I got them wind chimes that play a wedding waltz when the wind hits right.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 10:00 PM   #3287
Tuff Stuff

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 1,318 Times in 506 Posts
Tuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST ReputationTuff Stuff Has the BEST Reputation

It's obvious ain't it...and i'm listening to some really scary ghost stories on YouTube.

Nightmare city tonight!
Tuff Stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tuff Stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2019, 04:45 PM   #3288
Amulette

How Do You Identify?:
Ma chérie, a sweet thing.
Preferred Pronoun?:
feminine
Relationship Status:
Following the scent of flowers.

Amulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST ReputationAmulette Has the BEST Reputation

Indulging in avoidance. I have a big project to finish up. Something unexpected put the project on hold for a week and now the thrill is gone. Sigh. I'm going to have to go deep to find my mojo.

Amulette is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amulette For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 01:52 AM   #3289
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Celebrating! All of a sudden the sound on my computer just went out. This has happened to me before and I fixed it but couldn't remember how. I'd bookmarked the tutorial but must have accidentally deleted it. Anyhow I didn't find that site again but after forever finally found the solution. And now because of all the things I tried that didn't work my computer is running faster and better than ever, the sound is even better too? I don't know what could explain that but hey I'm not complaining.
The Following User Says Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2019, 02:37 AM   #3290
Esme nha Maire

How Do You Identify?:
Tomboyish eccentric antique femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 2,089 Times in 541 Posts
Esme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST ReputationEsme nha Maire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSignFemme View Post
Celebrating! All of a sudden the sound on my computer just went out. This has happened to me before and I fixed it but couldn't remember how. I'd bookmarked the tutorial but must have accidentally deleted it. Anyhow I didn't find that site again but after forever finally found the solution. And now because of all the things I tried that didn't work my computer is running faster and better than ever, the sound is even better too? I don't know what could explain that but hey I'm not complaining.
Procrastinating reading this thread when I really ought to be doing other things. :-} FiresignFemme, most PCs over time acquire large amounts of cruft, which (a) takes up space and (b) can fragment what space your PC has left, and (c) some of it (depending on what it is) can even eat up processing power on your PC directly. (a) and (b) can do the same indirectly because your computer needs to form a "scratch pad" area where it can retain temporary copies of things its working on before it's done working on them. If your PC is running out of memory or the memory is fragmented, this will slow it down. So clearing out cruft nearly always helps to some degree!
Old 08-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #3291
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Sipping on a cup of decaf, and listening to my caT Petunia purring by my side (she's watching TV, I'm just listening to it, channel surfing at times). I am waiting for the nail salon to open up for business, so I'll call them later, to see if I can get an appt today. Other than that, it's a weekend of rest, rest, rest.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 10:10 AM   #3292
Glenn

How Do You Identify?:
Northwest Wind and Lake Michigan
Preferred Pronoun?:
Paesano
Relationship Status:
Solo

Thanked 3,732 Times in 1,096 Posts
Glenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST ReputationGlenn Has the BEST Reputation

Feeding about a dozen Blue Jay's their peanuts, watching all the other birds and squirrels eating their seed, and waiting for a phone to be delivered to my hermit shack today. I existed withouta phone for a whole month, lol.
Glenn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glenn For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2019, 05:52 PM   #3293
TL1

How Do You Identify?:
Butch of stone
Preferred Pronoun?:
The guy kind

Thanked 3,460 Times in 1,006 Posts
TL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST ReputationTL1 Has the BEST Reputation

Spending time outside. This is my favorite time of day.
Old 08-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #3294
ksrainbow

How Do You Identify?:
Valued

Thanked 2,149 Times in 561 Posts
ksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputationksrainbow Has the BEST Reputation
Default Mecum Auction @ Harrisburg PA on NBSCN-

A forever fan of this series of auctions and the quality of vehicles from tractors/motorcycles/cars/trucks and everything between a wheel base-

Richard Petty's items are currently up-and I am in total

Ks-
ksrainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 04:59 AM   #3295
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Drinking strong black coffee.
Listening to Bob Marley
Encouraging myself to get in the shower and eat something before getting on my bike.

Happy Sunday
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 08:25 AM   #3296
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,506 Times in 10,197 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Sitting outside on the balcony, with butterscotch toffee coffee, I have been painting my nails.

I'm off to work today, to take care of month end stuff. And yet, thinking of my upcoming vacation!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 08:45 AM   #3297
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,075 Times in 8,585 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

– Watching the news
– Waiting for coffee to finish brewing
– Thinking about the work week ahead
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM   #3298
Chad
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
OFOS Stone butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Loved Caregiver

Thanked 20,325 Times in 5,678 Posts
Chad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST ReputationChad Has the BEST Reputation
Default Now

I am trying to will myself to get out of bed. It is overcast outside and my kitties are being cuddly so it is hard.

Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chad For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 AM   #3299
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,984 Times in 9,936 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

I am at home today in my lovely studio dwelling, sipping on a cup of decaf, smothered in coconut milk and stevia... and listening to the a/c as I read posts by members of the community and thinking about what I should do to get ready for my work week (choose something from my wardrobe to wear for my busy day tomorrow, make lunches for the week, etc).

Since it is going to be super hot today, I might try to highlight my hair and go sit outside in the sun, so it develops the color perfectly. Or not. lol. I really need to nap and rest and nap and rest because last week was a rough week at work and I expect more turbulence this week.

Still, the prevailing wind of contentment resides in my life (for which I am deeply grateful).

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2019, 08:11 PM   #3300
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

Writing feverishly on many assignments and papers that are due by 11:59 tonight!
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post: