Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

I watch "Criminal" on Netflix.., I find it incredibly well written, absorbing and, without all the excess of most crime dramas, totally addictively, binge worthy.

The Brits just do this stuff so very well. Give it a minute and you will be riveted and hooked.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2020, 07:12 PM   #782
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Been looking for departures, distractions.

CGI 3-D animation shorts on YouTube seem to be providing some distraction.

Also, of course, puppy videos! Just right after too much news. Also YouTube.

Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2020, 05:33 PM   #783
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Don’t know how long it’s been there but I just found it.

Ozarks season three, only two episodes in but so far just as good as the first two seasons. Happy and distracted!

Netflix
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 05:44 PM   #784
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

well, I burned through The Magicians pretty fast. Moved on to The Men Who Built America, and currently trying to get through A Haunting on Brockway Street....
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 06:19 PM   #785
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,119 Times in 5,118 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Okay, I tried to watch _Tiger King_ because everybody at my work wants to discuss it on Zoom tomorrow morning. But no, one of the first warnings to come up is "scenes of animal abuse". Can't do it, nope, nope, nope.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2020, 09:19 PM   #786
kittygrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
je ne sais quoi
Preferred Pronoun?:
baby grrl
Relationship Status:
a few laughs

Thanked 21,371 Times in 6,721 Posts
kittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputationkittygrrl Has the BEST Reputation

i'm currently watching "something's gotta give" w Jack Nicholson..i really like it..so far..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittygrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 04-06-2020, 02:16 PM   #787
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I just finished watching Unorthodox, a four-part miniseries on Netflix. It is loosely based on the autobiography Unorthodox: The Scandalous Rejection of My Hasidic Roots by Deborah Feldman. Each part runs about an hour.

Esty (Esther) is a member of an insular Hasidic community in Williamsburg, New York City. She is married when she is 17 and expected to get pregnant as soon and as often as possible, all while adhering to the very strict rules of her upbringing. She and her husband have difficulties getting pregnant, and after about a year of marriage Esty runs away to Germany. She makes some friends, becomes involved with a music school, and looks up her mother who lives there with her female lover. Esty's husband and his cousin come to find her and bring her back.

I thought it was a very good film of self-discovery. It was also a very interesting view into what Wikipedia calls the "Hasidic Satmar group". The Wikipedia entry on Deborah Feldman is also worth a read.

- Prince
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #788
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Tim and Heidi back together.
All about fashion and fabric!!
I know not all of you will be as excited as I am..lol

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 PM   #789
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

Old-school sci-fi on Netflix

Minority Report 2002

I think I saw somewhere that Netflix is resurrecting some of the older stuff from their catalog. Lots of people wanting to binge on pretty much everything.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 03:31 PM   #790
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,087 Times in 8,590 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Currently watching Def Comedy Jam on Pluto TV. So good.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2020, 04:02 PM   #791
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation
Default Criminal on Netflix

Also watching CRIMINAL on Netflix. This is the best police procedural I’ve seen in 30 years.

Each episode of Criminal takes place in one of three rooms. The interrogation room, the observation room (observing the interrogation) and the hallway that leads to both rooms. It’s not cops and robbers in the typical sense: no dramatiic arrests, no perp walks, no titillating crime scenes. At least not in the typical ways. Only in flashbacks, if then.

It’s all about the questioning of a suspect in a non-descript room. It’s almost claustrophobic. It’s usually one mind against another. The writing is excellent (as Collette mentioned in another post). It has to be excellent because that’s all there really is ... dialogue.

There are four series with three episodes in each series. Each series takes place in a different European country. The UK, Spain, France, and Germany. Though it’s produced by the UK. Damn good job by them, too.

Right now it’s my favorite show. Am enjoying it as much as (if not more than) Killing Eve. KE is so creative and clever but I read that season 3 may be a dud.

I’m most impressed with Criminal because they do so much with so little—just a few people in a room talking. Good acting, good storylines, good writing.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 08:48 AM   #792
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,525 Times in 10,204 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I'm currently bingeing on a limited series from Starz on Primetime, free thru April.

Vida

It has won GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comedy Series
It's really a drama/comedy��

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 04:06 PM   #793
Stone-Butch

How Do You Identify?:
Stonebutch
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 8,458 Times in 2,630 Posts
Stone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST ReputationStone-Butch Has the BEST Reputation
Default Watching on other

An older movie I hadn't seen yet but starred Morgan Freeman, one of my favorite actors.

"Along Came a Spider"... excellent thriller with lots of twists. Great movie.
Stone-Butch is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Stone-Butch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-11-2020, 04:14 PM   #794
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Season 3 is slated to premiere on April 26, 2020, at 9 pm ET.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2020, 01:08 AM   #795
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Rosemary & Thyme (2003-2007)

I don't have tee-vee or cable tee-vee at home, but I came across (quite by accident, tonight) an very interesting tv series, over on youtube.

It's quite well done, actually. It's a British drama series. It aired on iTV years ago, and you can find many episodes over on youtube or by doing an internet search on Bing.

Here's the plot summary, found on TV.com:

Quote:
Welcome to the Rosemary and Thyme guide at TV.com. Rosemary Boxer and Laura Thyme first meet through their troubled lives and a mutual love of plants. Together they start a new life as a gardening consultancy called Rosemary and Thyme, tackling all kinds of horticultural problems. But they are also amateur sleuths who seem to meet with murder and mayhem wherever they go. As soon as they start any new assignment, they find plots, conspiracies and killers between the garden paths, if not dead bodies on them. On 12 May 2006, ITV announced that the third series was the last. The final two episodes, Racquet Espanol and (ironically) Enter Two Gardeners were pulled from ITV's schedules and have not yet been broadcast in the UK, although they have been seen overseas.
Here is the first one: Rosemary and Thyme S1 Ep. 1 - And No Birds Sing

I've only watched a few of them, but they're incredibly well done and I'm impressed by this British drama series. Enjoy! Hope you like them as much as I do.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 07:38 PM   #796
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

All kinds of shows for free on SLING.com.

Right now I’m watching Django Unchained. Lots of triggers so I’ll watch for as long as I can, but it’s worth it just to see Django rescue Broomhilda and to see Samuel Jackson straighten his back in one of the closing scenes.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2020, 07:41 PM   #797
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

x-posted in Free Things to do Online While Social Distancing

The National Theatre of London is showing its plays recorded live, a different one each week, on YouTube. Plays change on Thursdays. Showing now: "Polly Findlay's acclaimed production of Treasure Island featuring Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who), until Thursday 23 April."

https://www.nationaltheatre.org.uk/nt-at-home

This is a very limited engagement, while the U.K. is on lockdown.

- Prince
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2020, 09:46 PM   #798
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post

Season 3 is slated to premiere on April 26, 2020, at 9 pm ET.
I just read where this is the 3rd and final season! It's actually on STARZ for those interested.
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #799
RebelDyke

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her/Hers...please no male ID..it's insulting
Relationship Status:
settled and content

Thanked 3,221 Times in 1,574 Posts
RebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST ReputationRebelDyke Has the BEST Reputation

one of my top 10 favorite movies. Of course, it is nearly 3 hours long.

I hear they are coming out with a few more too.
RebelDyke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelDyke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2020, 07:54 AM   #800
dark_crystal
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
jenny
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl
Relationship Status:
First Lady of the United SMH

Thanked 26,589 Times in 4,691 Posts
dark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputationdark_crystal Has the BEST Reputation

We watched THE MORNING SHOW and started DICKINSON on Apple TV. MORNING SHOW was really good and we are enjoying DICKINSON, too. Very lesbian.

Apple TV is 4.99/mo and you can get it on your Roku TV if you have one of the later models. We have an older model, but we have a Fire Stick on it (a cousin hacked it so we can get bootlegs) and we were able to add the Apple TV app to the Fire Stick.

We also could have gone through our XBox, but i let my gold subscription go when we got Roku.