Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 04-02-2020, 08:21 PM   #241
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp, just admitted that he has only just now learned that the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted asymptomatically.
I don't know if he's just trying to cover his arse, has been living in a cave, or if he's really telling the truth BUT if he is telling the truth is this really something he would want to admit to?

I mean it makes him appear like a complete idiot and dumbass!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2020, 08:23 PM   #242
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The Georgia Governor, Brian Kemp, just admitted that he has only just now learned that the COVID-19 virus can be transmitted asymptomatically.
I saw that ~ I don't believe him .
Old 04-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #243
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I personally think Trump doesn't give a hoot about any of us. He knew since Dec. 2019, he let the virus grow.. as the stocks plummet they can be bought at very low prices ~ he's been socializing w/ the enemies of the world. Maybe their shopping ? and the hackers that have taken over our SS numbers to get the "stimulus" checks ~ they give and then take it back. ops steal it back ~ I will never believe that it was from a bat !! I said it b4 my OWN belief is that it's chemical war ~ Trump knows this ~ btw mental picture of all Trump's cronnies wearing cheerleader costumes... when he is guilty ~ he brings it up ~ having idiots say he's been on top of everything and and and..... he controls everyone he knows if not your bullied ~ friggen physcopath ~
Old 04-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #244
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

How about that beautiful Yellow tie that Governor Cuomo wore this morning during his latest press conference on covid 19?

"Tie a Yellow Ribbon 'round an old Oak tree" is what came to mind, while he was teaching the public with down-to-earth language and useful comparisons on the desperate need for hospital's and medical professional needs (ventilators, PPE, the need for volunteers) and his compelling case for everyone to come together and share resources (unity through crisis). His compelling delivery was richly laced with metaphor, to help people grasp the gravity of the situation unfolding in NYC and the entire state of New York.

It appears that Covid-19 will eclipse 9/11 and other social crises previously recorded and experienced in history.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #245
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Ontario's modelling of COVID-19

The premier, Ford, of Ontario had announced yesterday that he would produce "hard" modelling facts. So, today, I am watching CBC News Network.

Dr. Peter Donnelly, President & CEO of Public Health in Ontario, has finally been able to make some models, which are horrific, absolutely scary, as follows:

Ontario has a population of 14.47 million.
(Donnelly said "every year in Ontario, about 1,350 people die from normal, seasonal flu. In a bad year, 1,500 people die.")

Over course of pandemic (Ontario):

No measures: Full course of pandemic: 100,000 deaths
No measures: 300,000 cases by end of April
No measures: 6,000 deaths by end of April

Current measures: 80,000 cases by end of April
Current measures: 1,600 deaths by end of April

Stricter measures: 12,500 cases by end of April
Stricter measures: 200 deaths end of April

Full course with measures: 3,000 to 15,000 deaths
Full pandemic could last 18 months to 2 years.

I hope I got all the figures right.

Many variables involved (returning snowbirds, etc.)

Am thinking that B.C. has a pop. of @5 million.

Oh my, may god help all those good essential workers.

I am choking up.

Please stay-at-home and do social distancing (in the States, I believe it is called shelter-in-place), please wash your hands, please.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 12:56 PM   #246
PlatinumPearl

How Do You Identify?:
Femme, Human
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her

Thanked 2,354 Times in 863 Posts
PlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST ReputationPlatinumPearl Has the BEST Reputation
Post Covid-19...

Since this video is now being shared all over social media I thought I would share it here as well.

Take it for what you will. If it resonates great if not then just ignore it.

PlatinumPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:26 PM   #247
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

'It is everywhere already': Fox News hosts amp up the pressure on Trump to give up on coronavirus lockdowns and reopen the economy

A slew of Fox News opinion hosts and anchors are pushing back on public health experts, including the White House coronavirus task force, and urging President Donald Trump to abandon its social distancing policies and reopen the economy. On "Fox and Friends," one of the president's favorite Fox New programs, co-host Brian Kilmeade called the economic damage from the virus "a self-inflicted wound."

IDIOTS!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #248
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Donald Trump hates AMERICA ~ he hates all of us. He is destroying this country ~ his so called coronavirus briefing just convinced me yet one more time how much he don't want to help this country ~ someday we will find out how much he had to do with this virus ~ telling ppl over and over again I'm not gonna wear a mask ~ that ignorant bastard ~ putting this country in stay at home across the board is what we need ~ today if there is no virus tomorrow in those states could be overwhelmed. yes this is AMERICA and we do have freedom ~ freedom to think and act intelligently << lord help me ~ I can't stand him.
Old 04-04-2020, 06:25 AM   #249
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,130 Times in 3,011 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm still isolating except for reporting to work. Daughter is doing the same. They are starting to transport patients from NYC up to our hospitals and that's making some people upset. Maybe it will be enough to get them to think harder about staying home?

Domestic violence is really kicking up with this shelter in place. Folks can still buy guns and booze. It's not a good combination. My phone is ringing off the hook all day long and there is just no place left that has bed space.

What do we think about doing something like going for a bike ride alone? I want to ride my bike but don't know how socially responsible that is? It's not like I'd be interacting with anyone...
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 07:04 AM   #250
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,464 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

I have to agree with you ocean when you say that we will someday find out all his dealings in this. For a man who is a known germaphobe, he seems to have no problem appearing in public during this time of germ virus/crisis.

Russia cases
Updated Apr 4 at 8:25 AM local
Confirmed
+582
Deaths
+9
Recovered
+52
It's currently the 9th most populous country on earth, despite being the largest by area.

Donnie has had a lot of meetings with Putie that have not been recorded and I do not believe for a minute they have not set up a backchannel. Yes, the world was ripe for a pandemic but years from now we may learn what happened in 2020 was much more sinister. Not sure how the 9th most populace country in the world has no more confirmed cases than some of our states. Maybe it is lack of testing, maybe it's the vodka or maybe it's just the lack of honest reporting.

nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #251
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Every day Bevi and I discuss daily what to do with our store. I pay cash on delivery so everything is owned that is stocked in the store. The building is owned. The only cost would be taxes, electricity, heat (but warm weather is kind of here), water and sewer. We have a tenant that would cover a good portion of that. We have cut our daily hours by 6 hours a day and are now pulling in way more than we did with regular hours. We are thinking of cutting hours even more or just shutting down entirely but the increased sales tells us that we are providing a service. We have expanded our grocery products/selection (look we are a convenience store) not a grocery store but because of the large amount off new customers we are trying to offer options. Look Wal-Mart is 3 miles from our store, I think locals are scared about going there because of the large amount of out of staters. I worry about our employees AND our customers. Banging my head on a daily basis. I am sorry this is so disjointed but that is just how I feel right now. We are just trying to do the right thing.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #252
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

I recieved this today and thought it was worth a share.

Myth: This doesn’t really affect me because I’m young and healthy.
Fact: People of all ages can get and spread COVID-19. Older people and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as asthma, diabetes, or heart disease) appear to be more at risk for getting very sick from the virus. For your own health and the health of your community, you need to stay home away from people who don’t live in your house, wash your hands, and try not to touch your face.

Myth: You need a pass to travel to your essential job in Washington.
Fact: Essential workers are permitted to travel to and from work without a special permit. You can see the list for WA as of 4/4/20 at the following link https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...ce=govdelivery
Prepare to be patient because it's slow to load.

Myth: I should probably stock up on some more groceries.
Fact: There has been no disruption to the supply chain that delivers goods. If we all purchase what we need without hoarding, there will be enough for everyone. Reduce waste and help your neighbors by buying just what you need. And remember! You can increase your social distancing while grocery shopping by using a grocery delivery or pick-up service. And you can increase social connection by offering to pick up a bag of groceries for a friend or neighbor.

Myth: These wipes are flushable.
Fact: No, they are not, even if they are labeled that way. “Flushable” wipes, facial tissues, and paper towels were not designed to break down the same way as toilet paper, and they can cause blockages in treatment plants, plumbing, and septic systems. If you are out of toilet paper, use something else and then throw it in the trash. Please do not flush anything besides toilet paper and what came out of you.

Myth: Here’s a top secret way to protect yourself from COVID-19 that doctors don’t want you to know about!
Fact: Don’t believe everything you see on the internet. The best way to keep yourself and others from getting COVID-19 is to stay home as much as possible, wash your hands frequently, and not touch your face. There is nothing you can eat, bathe in, or inhale that will protect you from this virus. And some of the suggested “preventatives” on social media are downright dangerous. There is quite a bit of research going on into a vaccine or medications that may help, so hopefully there will be good news able to be shared soon but until then, just scroll past anything that sounds too good to be true.

Myth: The government called to ask for my private information.
Fact: That was not the government. The federal stimulus package included about $1,200 per person. This money has not been distributed yet, but some scammers are trying to take advantage of people. Remember—the government will not ask you to pay anything up front to get this money. No fees. No charges. No nothing. The government will not call to ask for your Social Security, bank account, or credit card numbers. Anyone who does is a scammer.

Myth: We’re going back to normal after this.
Fact: Eventually we will leave our homes again, see our friends, and go to restaurants and to work. But this is a life-changing experience. We won’t be “normal” again. Maybe we’ll hug our people tighter, maybe we’ll savor our time together more. Maybe we’ll help to keep the air clean by working at home more often. Maybe we’ll decide it’s important for everyone to be able to get health care when they need it. Maybe we’ll go for more walks. We will leave our houses again, but it won’t feel normal.

Myth: There’s nothing fun to do.
Fact: What? It’s Census Day! The census will determine how many congressional representatives each state gets. Census results have an impact on planning and funding for health clinics and highways, fire departments and disaster response, education programs such as Head Start and college tuition assistance, and so much more. It takes less than 10 minutes to fill in – complete the survey

Practice compassion. Help fight the most damaging myth of all—that Asian Americans are somehow more at risk of having or spreading COVID-19. The US now has more cases of COVID-19 than any other country, including China. We are all in this together.
Stay home and stay healthy!
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #253
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Every day Bevi and I discuss daily what to do with our store. I pay cash on delivery so everything is owned that is stocked in the store. The building is owned. The only cost would be taxes, electricity, heat (but warm weather is kind of here), water and sewer. We have a tenant that would cover a good portion of that. We have cut our daily hours by 6 hours a day and are now pulling in way more than we did with regular hours. We are thinking of cutting hours even more or just shutting down entirely but the increased sales tells us that we are providing a service. We have expanded our grocery products/selection (look we are a convenience store) not a grocery store but because of the large amount off new customers we are trying to offer options. Look Wal-Mart is 3 miles from our store, I think locals are scared about going there because of the large amount of out of staters. I worry about our employees AND our customers. Banging my head on a daily basis. I am sorry this is so disjointed but that is just how I feel right now. We are just trying to do the right thing.
((((( NH & bev ))))) stay safe Can u put a sign on the window NO mask NO entry add a buzz in door feature on your lock to the door ? w/ a cheap plastic table cloth at the discount stores u can do a disposable face mask at the door ppl can use and toss in trash . cash is another story ~ I would be too scared to handle cash . just don't forget to have a mask ~ those cheap table cloth masks can be used over a better mask for yourself. its a V - cut w. right & left ties around the back of your head. all one piece. keep us posted what u decided to do . GOOD LUCK !!
Old 04-04-2020, 05:29 PM   #254
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

OMG OMG OMG todays WH coronavirus briefing was hideous! TRUMP is such an ass.. I feel so bad for the scientists and doctors that have to deal with his lack of knowledge ~ I wish I knew the laws if he could be taken out of office … he needs to go. ~
Old 04-04-2020, 06:54 PM   #255
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

I watched it too and found him very subdued. Not his normally elevated self.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 08:50 PM   #256
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,991 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
OMG OMG OMG todays WH coronavirus briefing was hideous! TRUMP is such an ass.. I feel so bad for the scientists and doctors that have to deal with his lack of knowledge ~ I wish I knew the laws if he could be taken out of office … he needs to go. ~
Ocean? I thought I would leave a link for you tonight. This whole thing with 45 and his cronies making it nearly impossible for any headway made on getting the supplies that are needed? What a joke, sick joke, to subject and make states compete for supplies desperately needed to save the lives of people affected by Covid-19.

Anyway... I came across a news website that is covering Covid-19 and other political issues that not only mass media covers, but they also cover issues that don't get much coverage.

If you or other members here would like to supplement your reading materials with thought provoking news coverage, then you might want to check out this website:

TAP: The American Propect. Ideas, Politics and Power.

I find their perspective very helpful.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-04-2020, 11:47 PM   #257
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 12:00 AM   #258
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

ty Katzchen ~ interesting reading
Old 04-05-2020, 03:45 AM   #259
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Some Georgia beaches will reopen this weekend following an executive order issued by Gov. Brian Kemp (R) that overrode local shelter-in-place mandates from a number of cities.????!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-05-2020, 05:07 AM   #260
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Some Georgia beaches will reopen this weekend following an executive order issued by Gov. Brian Kemp (R) that overrode local shelter-in-place mandates from a number of cities.????!!!!!

Well what else would we expect from a idiot that says he didn't know asymptomatic people could spread the coronavirus....
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post: