Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #81
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Does YOUR Governor believe in science? Red states, led by MF45 bootlickers believe the news hand fed to them that Dems are politicizing the virus, the virus is rarely deadly and my personal favorite, you're crazy for staying home.

But what if a mutation of that virus occurred: one that caused serious illness AND MOST IMPORTANTLY, AND I MEAN CRITICALLY IMPORTANT, is that this entity is highly transmissible for a great length of time prior to the onset of symptoms, thus allowing it to spread like wildfire. (Wildfire is a very important word - Dr. Michael Crichton named the facility in THE Andromeda Strain "Project Wildfire" because epidemiologists KNOW how this works, even back in the Sixties. Yes, ancient history...and it also appears that up to five weeks following the cessation of symptoms, the disease may still be transmitted. And for good measure, the mechanisms of transmission are not entirely known yet: first it was assumed to be aerosol, but it may also be oral-fecal which opens up whole new possibilities for passing it along as well as for mutation-possibilities. Jesus: it just doesn't fucking END!

But because of the evil inherent in the system, the magnitude of which is incomprehensible to the average citizen of any country, they sat on this for "political" (read: greed, power-mad, uncaring, unfeeling, anti-civilization-enduring) reasons. These people genuinely lack the gene for altruism and do not care, and I mean, do not care for anyone or anything INCLUDING THEIR OWN FAMILIES AND FRIENDS. Do not for one moment think that these people are feeling individuals in any way, shape, or form. They are the embodiment of the HAL-9000 computer.

Pride goeth before the fall. I must admit, this virus has the potential to be far worse than wanting to admit.
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:04 AM   #82
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

What is MF45? When I googled it came up as band. Is that it?
Thank you.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:10 AM   #83
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,783 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
What is MF45? When I googled it came up as band. Is that it?
Thank you.
MF45 as in Mother Fucker trump 45th "president."

AKA: The orange shit gibbon

Donny doll hands

Cheeto Mussolini

Angry Creamsicle

Cadet Bone spurs

So many more, so little time.....
A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:37 AM   #84
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Thanks for that!
The Following User Says Thank You to C0LLETTE For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:49 AM   #85
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. Spectre View Post
MF45 as in Mother Fucker trump 45th "president."

AKA: The orange shit gibbon

Donny doll hands

Cheeto Mussolini

Angry Creamsicle

Cadet Bone spurs

So many more, so little time.....

ahahahahahah You forgot "The Orange Bafoon" Donny doll hands is just perfect !!!
Old 03-19-2020, 09:50 AM   #86
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by homoe View Post
That is it homoe….thank you so much.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:56 AM   #87
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

I said it before and I really feel it's chemical warfare. It's airborn ~ touch anything u want just don't BREATH.....
Old 03-19-2020, 10:17 AM   #88
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

Mnuchin says "the checks" could be coming out as soon as three weeks from now. Hey Mnuchin, how about having Trump/Pence/Jared who ever the hell is in charge of this frigging debacle, speed up the release of all that medical equipment and gear we supposedly have back stocked some where in this country? Oh that's right, the longer you stall, the fewer checks you will have to send out. Oh and back to "the checks", make sure you send that second check out a few days before November third.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #89
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Canadian/U.S. Border

CBC News Network has just announced that the border will officially close sometime this Friday evening/Saturday morning, apart from exceptions involving trade, Canadians returning home by vehicle, and some other exceptions (e.g. Canadian nurses who work in Detroit and travel back and forth, etc.).

I am already going stir crazy and have started doing spring cleaning to offset that feeling (lol). I will go out in an hour or two, to buy more Windex and Fantastik! Also, I need more quarters for the laundry machine.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 02:50 PM   #90
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,156 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

The walls are closing in here for sure, they are everywhere. We are down to 25% staff as ordered by the state. We still have our daycare chef who has transitioned to making meals for our housing residents. She's loading on the comfort food- pasta and meatballs, chicken and rice, meatloaf and mashed potatoes. It's helping a lot to keep people feeling more safe and calm.

We are firing my only case manager tomorrow. She hasn't been to work in a month so... shrug. But our two clinical social workers, new hires, are taking on case management for me and that is a HUGE help.

One of my co-workers found toilet paper at a local drug store this morning. I'm going to swing by another early tomorrow morning and see if I can find anything. I'm not super stressed about it but I stocked up on stuff before I knew my daughter would be moving home so I need to pad a little.

My daughter got an email from her college today that she can not return to her cabin to get her belongings. They are changing the locks on all dorms and cabins. None of the students can get their things. She is really upset but more upset for other students who have lost more than she has. Her cabin mate had gone to go be with his boyfriend for a few days and just packed a backpack. Everything he owns is in that cabin and he can't go back to it. I'm not going to "I told you so" my daughter- but when she first came home I told her I thought she should pack everything just in case. She didn't. Apparently they are telling the international students that they have to leave and are not making a plan for where they will go. They can't fly home because of travel restrictions. I find that hard to believe but that's the information I have now.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 07:58 PM   #91
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
I said it before and I really feel it's chemical warfare. It's airborn ~ touch anything u want just don't BREATH.....
~ocean, I'm not sure but anything is possible in the world we live in today!

I do think more would be just dropping dead tho were it chemical warfare..
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:06 PM   #92
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,994 Times in 9,939 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Unhappy

It is an hour by hour, day by day thing, but i learned today that though our Governor Kate Brown does not want to exercise "shelter in place". But, our Mayor will exercise that plan IF numbers rise over the weekend.

We could be all going on fuoughed time off (read: laid off) by Tuesday of next week.

30 to 60 days off. I can see it now. The unemployment website and telephone lines go down, preventing ppl from applying for unemployment benefits.

Geeeez. I need a vacation anyhow. Why not, right? I need time to focus on two of my tests so i can ace them, when that agency reopens to the public. Maybe in May. By June, for sure.

Someone told me today that more people in the US died from the flu last fall then recorded casualties from Co-vid 19.

Not sure about their research and stuff, but it does give one reason to pause and reflect.

If the metro area goes into Shelter In Place next week, we will all be stay-cationing for quite a while.

Its worrisome for so many reasons. I surely do hope and wish the best for us all.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #93
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,533 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

California just went shelter in place, entire state.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #94
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
Wow, no kidding. My emergency services app on my phone for the state just pinged me, no advance notice, not happening tomorrow or the next day. Right now.

Frankly I’m glad.
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:48 PM   #95
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Coronavirus Will Change the World Permanently. Here’s How.

https://apple.news/A9-yIRjUIQeu5NbwfsOrElw

I hope this link works, if not it’s from Politico magazine.

Interesting that I was reading this article right when I was getting notified of lockdown. Everything is speculation now, but I think a number of the ideas put forth in this article will be prescient.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 08:51 PM   #96
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,093 Times in 8,591 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I’ll start working home tomorrow, but will need to go into the office at some point to get some equipment.

My cable company is suspending data overage charges till May 15, 2020 to all subscribers to help people and students working from home. That helps me a lot. I have limited data. Enough to watch high def movies on multiple devices but not enough to download a gazillion gigs. Was going to negotiate unlimited data at iHome into my next performance review (which is overdue) but that’s not happening till the company is on better ground.

Would love to go in the office and get some equipment. I’ll probably have to make due with the equipment I have at home till the restircitions are lifted.
Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 09:09 PM   #97
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,533 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

On the other side, 7 people have recovered the virus in my area. They tested negative twice now.

My cell phone company, T- Mobile is giving everyone unlimited data so that we can all stay connected.

I'll be one of those going to work to help provide essentials. I've been washing my hands and stepping back. I'm taking my temp every morning as well.

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 10:13 PM   #98
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Coronavirus Will Change the World Permanently. Here’s How.

https://apple.news/A9-yIRjUIQeu5NbwfsOrElw

I hope this link works, if not it’s from Politico magazine.

Interesting that I was reading this article right when I was getting notified of lockdown. Everything is speculation now, but I think a number of the ideas put forth in this article will be prescient.
Kelt? I'm still reading the article you posted and I simply find myself nodding in agreement with this person: Tom Nichols, Professor at the US Naval War College and author of The Death of Expertise.

And I quote, Mr. Nichols:

Quote:
The COVID-19 crisis could change this in two ways. First, it has already forced people back to accepting that expertise matters. It was easy to sneer at experts until a pandemic arrived, and then people wanted to hear from medical professionals like Anthony Fauci. Second, it may—one might hope—return Americans to a new seriousness, or at least move them back toward the idea that government is a matter for serious people. The colossal failure of the Trump administration both to keep Americans healthy and to slow the pandemic-driven implosion of the economy might shock the public enough back to insisting on something from government other than emotional satisfaction.
That is a profound observation offered by Mr. Tom Nichols.

Here is what I agree with wholeheartedly, the passage offered by Eric Klinenberg:

Quote:
Less individualism.

Eric Klinenberg is professor of sociology and director of the Institute for Public Knowledge at New York University. He is the author, most recently, of Palaces for the People: How Social Infrastructure Can Help Fight Inequality, Polarization, and the Decline of Civic Life.

The coronavirus pandemic marks the end of our romance with market society and hyper-individualism. We could turn toward authoritarianism. Imagine President Donald Trump trying to suspend the November election. Consider the prospect of a military crackdown. The dystopian scenario is real. But I believe we will go in the other direction. We’re now seeing the market-based models for social organization fail, catastrophically, as self-seeking behavior (from Trump down) makes this crisis so much more dangerous than it needed to be.

When this ends, we will reorient our politics and make substantial new investments in public goods—for health, especially—and public services. I don’t think we will become less communal. Instead, we will be better able to see how our fates are linked. The cheap burger I eat from a restaurant that denies paid sick leave to its cashiers and kitchen staff makes me more vulnerable to illness, as does the neighbor who refuses to stay home in a pandemic because our public school failed to teach him science or critical thinking skills. The economy—and the social order it helps support—will collapse if the government doesn’t guarantee income for the millions of workers who will lose their jobs in a major recession or depression. Young adults will fail to launch if government doesn’t help reduce or cancel their student debt. The coronavirus pandemic is going to cause immense pain and suffering. But it will force us to reconsider who we are and what we value, and, in the long run, it could help us rediscover the better version of ourselves.
Thanks for that article, it's a mighty good read.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 03-19-2020 at 10:23 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 10:31 PM   #99
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Member Photo Albums

I do think that this will be an event like 9/11 or the 2008 recession.

Going forward we will speak of things as either “Before the virus“ or “After the virus“.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-19-2020, 10:49 PM   #100
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
I do think that this will be an event like 9/11 or the 2008 recession.

Going forward we will speak of things as either “Before the virus“ or “After the virus“.
I definitely agree with you, Kelt. Thank you for supplying that gem of an article. It is loaded with lots of perspective that enables a person to readily see exactly what has been on their minds, all along -- at least, that is how I feel about the article you posted. I'm still reading it, lol.

Here is another gem by film maker and author, Astra Taylor. And I quote:

Quote:
The rules we’ve lived by won’t all apply.

Astra Taylor is a filmmaker and author of Democracy May Not Exist, but We’ll Miss It When It’s Gone.

America’s response to coronavirus pandemic has revealed a simple truth: So many policies that our elected officials have long told us were impossible and impractical were eminently possible and practical all along. In 2011, when Occupy Wall Street activists demanded debt cancellation for student loans and medical debt, they were laughed at by many in the mainstream media. In the intervening years, we have continued to push the issue and have consistently been told our demands were unrealistic. Now, we know that the “rules” we have lived under were unnecessary, and simply made society more brittle and unequal.

All along, evictions were avoidable; the homeless could’ve been housed and sheltered in government buildings; water and electricity didn’t need to be turned off for people behind on their bills; paid sick leave could‘ve been a right for all workers; paying your mortgage late didn’t need to lead to foreclosure; and debtors could’ve been granted relief. President Donald Trump has already put a freeze on interest for federal student loans, while New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has paused all medical and student debt owed to New York State. Democrats and Republicans are discussing suspending collection on—or outright canceling—student loans as part of a larger economic stimulus package.

It’s clear that in a crisis, the rules don’t apply—which makes you wonder why they are rules in the first place. This is an unprecedented opportunity to not just hit the pause button and temporarily ease the pain, but to permanently change the rules so that untold millions of people aren’t so vulnerable to begin with.
Ms. Taylor is spot on. I totally agree with her line of thought.

Thanks so much for providing a link to that article. So much to appreciate and the message is timely too.

_____ ______
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post: