Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > POLITICS, CULTURE, NEWS, MEDIA > Current Affairs/World Issues/Science And History

Old 03-22-2020, 07:46 PM   #141
C0LLETTE
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Depends on the day.
Preferred Pronoun?:
"I" and "we"
Relationship Status:
Very good. Thank you for asking.

Thanked 15,261 Times in 4,345 Posts
C0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST ReputationC0LLETTE Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
Not sure how to respond to that Collette. Putin does nothing that will not benefit him. The US helping, hell our idiot leader is setting our country up for mass casualties. I am not paranoid, just a realist.
ok, be a "realist"...see if i care but, frankly, projecting a paranoid negative outcome is not "realism", it's just projecting a paranoid negative outcome with a shot at being ultimately able to say "see, I told you so"...maybe a better course would be to not give in to that and work for a different more positive outcome...or at least believe there can be one even if it means dying disappointed.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:57 PM   #142
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Thanked 39,533 Times in 10,206 Posts
Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

Sing along!

A kiss is a whisper in your mouth.
Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to give it back.
Bèsame* is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 07:12 AM   #143
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool Tokyo Olympics

Both Canada and Australia will not be sending athletes to Tokyo this summer because of the Coronavirus, unless the games are postponed...

In Canada, many Canadians are ignoring the warnings and are not practising social distancing (wilful ignorance... smh). I am not surprised, considering how wilful many people are. Provincial leaders and health officials are warning that this is unacceptable... and are saying that they may very well enact stricter measures (i.e. significant fines and even imprisonment! - btw, imprisonment would only come into force nationwide here if Trudeau declared a national emergency which he has not done yet, even though provincial leaders and mayors have done so).
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 09:07 AM   #144
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme *blows a kiss off my finger tips **
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

Thanked 16,124 Times in 4,736 Posts
~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation

on 3/24/2020 at 12:00 pm ~ the state of Massachusetts where I live will be on shut down. The numbers of infected w/ COVID-19 are escalating . That makes Calif., Washington , New York, Massachusetts.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:52 AM   #145
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,157 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~ocean View Post
on 3/24/2020 at 12:00 pm ~ the state of Massachusetts where I live will be on shut down. The numbers of infected w/ COVID-19 are escalating . That makes Calif., Washington , New York, Massachusetts.
Are you going into a full lockdown?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 01:34 PM   #146
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Thanked 3,465 Times in 741 Posts
nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So I see Trump has not given his daily coronavirus briefing. He did it late yesterday which preempted all of the national news programs. If he does it again tonight I will assume this is going to be his latest tactic to try and keep the American people in the dark.
nhplowboi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 06:34 PM   #147
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation~ocean Has the BEST Reputation
Default ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygoingfemme View Post
Are you going into a full lockdown?
we can go to stores ~ grocery and pharmacy Walmart too cause it has a pharmacy and u can get gas and have your car fixed but other than that nothing ~ only essential personal. My daughter has a special form she has to keep w/ her being a CNA and Hospice Care. How r u doing and your daughter ?
Old 03-23-2020, 06:56 PM   #148
~ocean
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
~ hey girl ~
Relationship Status:
~ single & content ~

so many people that are positive DON'T know how they caught the virus ~ had to be airborn ~ the droplets they say can live on surfaces... I am so confused … they just don't know yet ~ my daughters co workers son caught the virus cause he was domestically traveling ~ he said he was masked and gloved both times ~ and yet he's ill. This seems beyond our understanding ~ or mine anyways.. ohhh btw Jonathan and I came up w/ a new dance called the "elbow floss / bump " lololol
Old 03-23-2020, 08:11 PM   #149
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Monogamously Attached to my boyfriend and future husband.

Thanked 31,996 Times in 9,940 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation

So, Governor Kate Brown signed an executive order today making it mandatory for social distancing and not going anywhere, unless you are part of the work force that supplies critical support to keep the state infrastructure from collapsing. We have a fragile economy in Oregon, especially outside the metro area. Coastal communities depend on tourism. Guess what people did this past weekend? They flocked to coastal communities, putting fragile communities at higher risk of catching the virus. Oh, the Governor was upset that people are not exercising personal responsibility in face of a deadly virus that is claiming lives, left and right. So people will comply with this order or there will be severe consequences. For everyone.

I can't stay long, but I did work 9 hours today. I return to work tomorrow. Our work campus is virtually down 80 percent in on-campus attendance, but we still won't know how much longer our campus will be open. Our situation is heavily monitored by fed/state governing agencies, so we're not sure how long too many of us will hang on to our jobs. If we do lose them, we will always be on-boarded once the moratorium is lifted. But how long the moratorium lasts, depends on people following instructions and not violating the moratorium set in place.

We now join the ranks of several other states in adhering to a strict moratorium that includes social distancing, and not going anywhere and staying home, unless you are required to be on the job.

I found a link the other night, if anyone is interested in looking at it. It gives you an idea on how covid 19 is possibly being spread. Like I was saying last night, after talking with my mom by phone yesterday, my mom is convinced that this virus is airborne. She's no expert, but she was born during the depression, she's been an RN for over 53 years, and it made me sit up straight when she shared her ideas on how this is being transmitted. She might not be correct, but on the other hand, the scientific medical community is leaning toward the possibility that covid-19 is an airborne disease. Check out the link and see what you think and if it helps you to better see how difficult it is for anybody in the medical community to narrow in on whether it is or is not an airborne disease.

Link ~~>>>> VIRTUS

On campus, we are sanitizing and sanitizing repeatedly, and maintaining social distance. We take this crisis very seriously. My heart goes out to all the communities in metropolitan areas as well as those affected in smaller rural communities and for those down on the coast in our state.

_____ ______

Last edited by Kätzchen; 03-23-2020 at 08:13 PM.
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kätzchen For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 09:01 PM   #150
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,379 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Just got a PSA from the county:

“The County has issued an amended COVID-19 public health order giving it the discretion to close down beaches if social distancing rules aren’t enforced. County Public Health Officer Wilma Wooten made the announcement during a news conference Monday.

Gatherings larger than 10 people have been seen at beaches in recent days. Wooten said if local cities and municipalities cannot enforce social gathering orders, the public health order will allow the shutdown of city parks and beaches.

Social distancing requires staying six feet away from others who are not in your immediate family to reduce the risk of transmission and slow the spread of the disease.”

Great, asshole teenagers just have to screw it up for everybody else…

Guess I’m just a pissed off old fogey
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2020, 11:07 PM   #151
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,499 Times in 3,157 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelt View Post
Just got a PSA from the county: Guess I’m just a pissed off old fogey
Well you're in good company then.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:56 AM   #152
charley
Timed Out - Permanent

How Do You Identify?:
gentle stonebutch [vanilla]
Relationship Status:
single

Thanked 1,204 Times in 422 Posts
charley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputationcharley Has the BEST Reputation
Cool The Transmission of Covid-19

While on my walkabout yesterday, I sat down for a few minutes and saw a car pull up and two young people get out, and then they put on these "surgical type" gloves and walked into Timmy's. They came out 5 minutes later and went back into their car, still wearing the same gloves, opening up the car doors with their gloves on and they drove off. I could see the guy had put both hands on the steering wheel with their gloves still on. And, I thought, oh, how stupid, the same gloves that had touched god knows what (like opening doors, counters, etc.) now touching their steering wheel etc. and probably everything else that one normally touches while in a car, and they drove off. So, all the germs that they may have touched now transferred to their car. Apparently, as I have seen explained on TV by various doctors, the virus can last on hard surfaces up to several days.

I have seen on TV doctors explaining how even when talking with someone = since the virus lodges in the lungs - that the breath may carry microscopic particles, and of course, the breath will spread these particles, hence the necessity of social-distancing - 6 feet (2 metres). The doctor said that even a slight cough can push these particles in the air and they can hang several feet and float in the air for more than a few seconds.

So, I can understand easily that there are various ways that the virus can spread.

For several weeks, every time I have left any place to buy stuff to store up with I use hand sanitizers immediately - all the stores I have used all have automatic door sensors which open up automatically when you pass in front, so I don't have to touch public handles - also washing my hands when I enter my home. At one point, when picking up a basket in a store, I used hand sanitizer to wipe down the handles and edges of the basket (which I later explained to this really old couple who walked in the store and who stared at me and what I was doing - I wasn't the only who did this, btw - fortunately, this supermarket had these hand sanitizers in a container right by the baskets), I have been careful to keep my distance when talking with anyone.

I have become a germophobe - 'abundance of caution'.
charley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to charley For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 05:53 AM   #153
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,157 Times in 3,019 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
we can go to stores ~ grocery and pharmacy Walmart too cause it has a pharmacy and u can get gas and have your car fixed but other than that nothing ~ only essential personal. My daughter has a special form she has to keep w/ her being a CNA and Hospice Care. How r u doing and your daughter ?
I think that is where we are headed in NY too unless Trump actually succeeds in making it all about money and lifting the shelter in place.

We are okay, thank you for asking. Just exhausted. I'm still working every day all day and on call most evenings. My daughter just did a few 7am-3pm shifts and now has to switch over to working overnights 11pm-7am. We lost a lot of people who could cover shifts because we had to remove our usual allowance for bringing our children to work when school/daycares are closed.. Last week was really lightened up by the laughter of children and some joint effort homeschooling. It was nice.

Stay safe, all.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 07:19 AM   #154
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

nhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputationnhplowboi Has the BEST Reputation

So this morning I put on the national propaganda news station to see what they were spinning. The anchor stated we are at the top of the coronavirus curve and cases will be going down. I am surprised she wasn't wildly waving around that mimeographed paper "15 days to slow the spread". Clearly Fox is in lockstep with the Trump administration's assertion that our country can "open" again in another week. Must be that miracle Trump talked about a few weeks back is going to happen. You know the one, where we are all going to wake up and it will just be gone.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 08:23 AM   #155
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

Bèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST ReputationBèsame* Has the BEST Reputation

I am now going to have a letter and a placard on my dashboard. Emergency Response.

I always use handsanitzer when I get back in my car. Using more, especially smearing on my steering wheel and rub what's left on my phone. That's a practice I've done for years, due to the fact I have touched nasty dirty money.

Funny thing I read this morning...

Interviewer: I see a gap in your resume in 2020, what where you doing??

Applicant : I was looking for toilet paper!

Wash your hands!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 08:38 AM   #156
GeorgiaMa'am
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,146 Times in 5,126 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
. . . ~ the droplets they say can live on surfaces... I am so confused … they just don't know yet ~. . .
I saw on CNBC that the CDC has said that COVID-19 survived on surfaces in the Princess Cruise ship cabins for up to 17 days after the passengers had left. I saw in another article (sorry, don't remember where) that COVID-19 survives better on some kinds of surfaces than others - like, metal as opposed to paper. It's going to take longer than Trump's 15 days for susceptibility to die down.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GeorgiaMa'am For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 01:01 PM   #157
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhplowboi View Post
So this morning I put on the national propaganda news station to see what they were spinning. The anchor stated we are at the top of the coronavirus curve and cases will be going down. I am surprised she wasn't wildly waving around that mimeographed paper "15 days to slow the spread". Clearly Fox is in lockstep with the Trump administration's assertion that our country can "open" again in another week. Must be that miracle Trump talked about a few weeks back is going to happen. You know the one, where we are all going to wake up and it will just be gone.
I too switched over just to see what they were saying on the propaganda news station this morning! Of course they were bashing and blaming the Dems in regards to the lack of a passed stimulus bill!
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 01:14 PM   #158
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,586 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation
Default Coronavirus symptoms may include loss of smell or taste..

There’s an unusual addition to the list of possible COVID-19 symptoms: A sudden loss of smell or taste may be a warning sign a person could be infected by the new coronavirus, European and U.S. experts said. The American Academy of Otolaryngology on Sunday announced “rapidly accumulating” anecdotal evidence showed anosmia — the loss of smell — and dysgeusia — an altered sense of taste — were “significant symptoms” associated with COVID-19 when a patient had no other respiratory disease. Many people, including Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert who tested positive for COVID-19, are reporting these unsettling changes in their bodies.

The World Health Organization has seen "quite a few reports" of people losing their sense of smell and taste, and is looking into whether this is an early sign of the disease, said Dr. Maria Kerkhove during a WHO briefing Monday. “Our senses of smell and taste are closely linked together and changes in these senses may occur from inflammation in the upper airway,” Dr. Kris Jatana, associate professor of otolaryngology — head and neck surgery at Nationwide Children's Hospital and Wexner Medical Center at Ohio State University, told TODAY.

https://www.today.com/health/coronav...-taste-t176597
homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #159
Bèsame*
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femm
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
☀️☀️☀️

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bèsame* For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #160
nhplowboi

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Good question.

Really Donald? It is going to be a "wonderful thing" this Easter to see the churches packed. Oh, they are going to be packed alright but in the most horrendous of ways. Clearly you still believe in the Easter Bunny.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nhplowboi For This Useful Post: