Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Religion, Spirituality, Mysticism

Old 08-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #41
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,972 Times in 13,922 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

this is so wonderful...

also a reminder that i could start sending myself some of that good juju
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #42
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Thanked 5,223 Times in 1,150 Posts
Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl_dee View Post
this is so wonderful...

also a reminder that i could start sending myself some of that good juju

Yes! How easy it is to forget that we can heal ourselves, as well.
My wish for you is that you continue. Continue to be who and how you are, to astonish a mean world with your acts of kindness. Continue to allow humor to lighten the burden of your tender heart. - Maya Angelou
Ms. Meander is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 PM   #43
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Meander View Post
Yes! How easy it is to forget that we can heal ourselves, as well.
lol! Tell me about it. Sometimes, I swear I forget to think of using it for myself when I don't feel well. *smh*
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #44
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Ms. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST ReputationMs. Meander Has the BEST Reputation

Does anyone ever have the experience of working with someone who is saying "yes" to healing, but their body and energy is really resistant and not on board at all?

It doesn't happen very often and sometimes that resistance can be worked with, and other times I just have to let it go. I've had this come up this morning and I was side-swiped by such a deep sadness when I realized and understood that this person is not truly willing to heal. Not yet, anyway.

We can only help activate others in healing themselves and willingness is key. It is challenging for me in a situation like this because it's hard to tell someone that their outward willingness is more idealism than actual willingness to change, heal, and grow. I guess it's all about bedside manner, and I am very gentle. I just have to have a good cry first (or after). Sometimes there is no need to say anything, and in all cases I simply must trust that they will find what they need when they are ready, and remain open and available in case I can help.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #45
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Does anyone ever have the experience of working with someone who is saying "yes" to healing, but their body and energy is really resistant and not on board at all?

It doesn't happen very often and sometimes that resistance can be worked with, and other times I just have to let it go. I've had this come up this morning and I was side-swiped by such a deep sadness when I realized and understood that this person is not truly willing to heal. Not yet, anyway.

We can only help activate others in healing themselves and willingness is key. It is challenging for me in a situation like this because it's hard to tell someone that their outward willingness is more idealism than actual willingness to change, heal, and grow. I guess it's all about bedside manner, and I am very gentle. I just have to have a good cry first (or after). Sometimes there is no need to say anything, and in all cases I simply must trust that they will find what they need when they are ready, and remain open and available in case I can help.
There is a great quote in an Ellen Burstyn(?sp?) Movie,

"Some people need their illness. "
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sweet Bliss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 06:03 AM   #46
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Bliss View Post
There is a great quote in an Ellen Burstyn(?sp?) Movie,

"Some people need their illness. "
That perfectly describes what i was thinking.

No judgment here, just observation, but some people DO need their illness. Its a crutch and gives them comfort.

If they are truly *healed* they will be lost.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 06:32 AM   #47
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:

No judgment here, just observation, but some people DO need their illness. Its a crutch and gives them comfort.

I know this is true. For a long time this was me. Perhaps this is why I am so keenly aware of it in others. Also, I am currently training in a modality that has tools for releasing resistance and primal brain programming which can lead to attachment to illness. I am so excited about it that I want everyone to have this experience of healing. But again, you must start with some willingness.

In this case the client is consciously willing but his body is not ready. We need to use what willingness he has to keep him coming back and eventually, hopefully, we'll get everything lined up.

I guess what surprised me so much was the deep sadness I felt. It really should not come as a surprise as I am understanding my sensitivity more and more and how I process energy. I'm doing a lot of work around that. Historically, I have been largely shut down because I didn't have the tools to be open and keep myself safe. I am practicing this now and the process is sometimes challenging. The more I open, the more powerful the work I do. But also, the more comes through me to process. It is really hard for me sometimes but I could not be more excited, happy, or grateful that I have finally come to this place.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #48
Words

How Do You Identify?:
Queer femme submissive
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 4,261 Times in 677 Posts
Words Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST ReputationWords Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:

It's been my experience that people like this are perfect candidates for attunement to Level 1 as by giving them the tools to treat themselves, you're giving them another way to identify, i.e., not as a victim of pain/illness but as someone who's able to take an active role in treating their pain/illness. In other words, the pain/illness almost becomes secondary to the ability to do something about it.

Words
Words is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Words For This Useful Post:
Old 11-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #49
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Reminder to self:

Doing any kind of energy healing work can be as beneficial to the practitioner as it is for the client.

I have learned that my personal well being is directly linked to, and improved by, helping others.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #50
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

my Reiki/Reflexology teacher once told me doing for others can be am ego boost. She was so right.

it always feels good to me, and i like that feeling.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #51
Ms. Meander

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Relationship Status:
Ethical Nonmonogamist

Quote:
my Reiki/Reflexology teacher once told me doing for others can be am ego boost. She was so right.

it always feels good to me, and i like that feeling.

And there's also the practical aspect that when channeling energy, it flows through the practitioner as well as the client, benefiting everyone!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ms. Meander For This Useful Post:
Old 11-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #52
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
And there's also the practical aspect that when channeling energy, it flows through the practitioner as well as the client, benefiting everyone!
The simple beauty of this statement reminds me of the "Allegory of the Long Spoons":

"I once ascended to the firmaments. I first went to see Hell and the sight was horrifying. Row after row of tables were laden with platters of sumptuous food, yet the people seated around the tables were pale and emaciated, moaning in hunger. As I came closer, I understood their predicament.

"Every person held a full spoon, but both arms were splinted with wooden slats so he could not bend either elbow to bring the food to his mouth. It broke my heart to hear the tortured groans of these poor people as they held their food so near but could not consume it.

"Next I went to visit Heaven. I was surprised to see the same setting I had witnessed in Hell – row after row of long tables laden with food. But in contrast to Hell, the people here in Heaven were sitting contentedly talking with each other, obviously sated from their sumptuous meal.

"As I came closer, I was amazed to discover that here, too, each person had his arms splinted on wooden slats that prevented him from bending his elbows. How, then, did they manage to eat?

"As I watched, a man picked up his spoon and dug it into the dish before him. Then he stretched across the table and fed the person across from him! The recipient of this kindness thanked him and returned the favor by leaning across the table to feed his benefactor.

I suddenly understood. Heaven and Hell offer the same circumstances and conditions. The critical difference is in the way the people treat each other.
I ran back to Hell to share this solution with the poor souls trapped there. I whispered in the ear of one starving man, "You do not have to go hungry. Use your spoon to feed your neighbor, and he will surely return the favor and feed you."

"'You expect me to feed the detestable man sitting across the table?' said the man angrily. 'I would rather starve than give him the pleasure of eating!'

"I then understood God’s wisdom in choosing who is worthy to go to Heaven and who deserves to go to Hell."

When you give, you receive. It's the beautiful way the universe works.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 PM   #53
Sweet Bliss

How Do You Identify?:
I Am
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
solo

Thanked 7,264 Times in 2,158 Posts
Sweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST ReputationSweet Bliss Has the BEST Reputation

I Am so grateful to my teacher Elisabeth.

Blisters stopped forming, pain gone. No need for pain killers. No discoloration.

Still a bit sensitive, will be healed completely by tomorrow or sooner.

Thank you Universe.
Sweet Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 07:20 PM   #54
girl_dee
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Any energy workers around?

Tags
energy, healing, holistic, reiki