How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,858 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

I have a phobia about SPECIFIC bugs...generally speaking, anything with more than 8 legs..and I'm none too partial to those wood louse bugs... but centipedes are prolly the only thing that will send me running and squealing like a girl....

I've come to realize I am NOT afraid of heights like I thought. I'm scared of falling. Big difference. If I feel secure, heights don't bother me at all...this is great since I have always wanted to learn to rock climb
cinnamongrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cinnamongrrl For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #22
femm_cb

How Do You Identify?:
Bitch
Preferred Pronoun?:
BITCH

femm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputationfemm_cb Has the BEST Reputation
Default I'm the same way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AscotButch View Post
I'm with Daktari re. big things in the sea. When something unseen bumps my leg it freaks me the hell out. Having said that, it doesn't keep me out of the water; it just propels me quickly out should an encounter occur.
I'm the same way. I will Jesus across the water.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #23
Apocalipstic
Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,383 Times in 2,840 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Teeth
Worms
Dating
Old 05-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #24
Happyfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 5,011 Times in 1,508 Posts
Happyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST ReputationHappyfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am very afraid of spiders. I think they scare me the most when they are somewhere above me, like on the ceiling in my bedroom.
Happyfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Happyfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #25
JustBeingMe

How Do You Identify?:
as ME
Relationship Status:
I don't need no stinking status.

Thanked 1,691 Times in 694 Posts
JustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST ReputationJustBeingMe Has the BEST Reputation

In addition to my first post I will that I now cannot stand crowds, like when you go grocery shopping.....I have to take ativan just to go into a crowded store. My ptsd and anxiety are much worse than it's been in last few years, and they upped my ativan to 3xday now, just to help curtail my anxiety. UGH... I also have a fear of falling.....I often have dreams of falling from great heights like a skyscraper and falling in mid air just wakes me up before I hit the ground and I'm balling like a big ass scared kid. I wonder what would happen if I hit the bottom and didn't wake up? I often think I would die in my sleep if I actually saw myself hit the bottom. IS that even possible?
I don 't know, but I dunt wanna find out. I am also afraid of pitbulls that have been fought before. I just don't trust them at all. But on the other hand, if it's a pitbull someone raised from a pup and wasnt' abusive to them, I'm not afraid of them then. Make sense? I dunnno, just is what it is.
OH and going into the ocean and learning to surf, I"m deathly afraid of sharks attacking. It's on reason I never learned how to surf, I don't want any missing body parts.........just sayin.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:01 PM   #26
Girl_On_Fire

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her
Relationship Status:
On Hiatus

Thanked 2,683 Times in 562 Posts
Girl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST ReputationGirl_On_Fire Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocalipstic View Post
Teeth
Worms
Dating
So you could never date a worm with teeth. *laughs* Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 05-03-2013, 11:58 PM   #27
VintageFemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 7,640 Times in 1,657 Posts
VintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST ReputationVintageFemme Has the BEST Reputation

Phobia: Cats - I've gotten better about it as I've gotten older [it used to be full on frozen fear and anxiety ridden] but I still cringe for the most part when one comes near me.

Fears: I'm afraid of the dark. I always have been and I probably always will be. And any kind of rodent. Including ferrets. I'm dying just thinking about them!
Old 05-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #28
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I'm not particuarly fond of heights and especially not fond of the fall.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #29
MysticOceansFL

How Do You Identify?:
Butch,
Preferred Pronoun?:
People call me by my nic name.
Relationship Status:
Not Single, Not Desperate.

Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,720 Posts
MysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST ReputationMysticOceansFL Has the BEST Reputation

I normal don't talk about my fears but I have one its spiders and when I see one I usually don't say anything I just kill it.

It is said, " Some lives are linked across time.....

Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages "......
MysticOceansFL is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MysticOceansFL For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 05:46 AM   #30
dixie
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
I usually just poke it with a stick.
Preferred Pronoun?:
Bitch
Relationship Status:
Intertwined deeply

Thanked 21,385 Times in 4,808 Posts
dixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputationdixie Has the BEST Reputation

• deathly afraid of heights
  • sometimes have a fear of being in a car/driving (comes from a past wreck, I suppose)
  • fear of rejection (which keeps me from some romances, employment, group events, and even friendships, etc)
  • slightly agoraphobic - I prefer not to be put in situations where social interaction will take place and will avoid it at all costs. Anyplace where people will look at me, talk to me, or even know I exist....I don't wanna be. (Even at work I will get very uncomfortable if people stand or talk too long, and will excuse myself even if it's just to go stand in the records room and regroup for a bit. Getting over this shit has been a work in progress for years...without much progress. I'm just better at hiding it these days.)
  • fear of big nasty hairy spiders *shudder*

I seem to be developing a lot more weird and unusual phobias as I age, most of which I won't bother naming since even to myself they sound/seem ridiculous.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dixie For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #31
tantalizingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Me

Thanked 4,010 Times in 823 Posts
tantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputationtantalizingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

I am also deathly afraid of heights.... will start tearing up at the thought of being near the edge of something tall.

I also have a fear of bridges.... I dream of driving off bridges and have this fear that something with force me off a bridge or there will be a hole in the road and my car will fall through.
tantalizingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tantalizingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 06:55 AM   #32
The JD
Be the Fearless Bunny

How Do You Identify?:
Hers.
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
Medusa’s Snake Charmer

2 Highscores

Thanked 2,686 Times in 540 Posts
The JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST ReputationThe JD Has the BEST Reputation

Spiders (though my reactions to spiders have great entertainment value, I'm told)

Those creepy flat slow-moving bugs- shield bugs, I think they're called. I call them stink bugs, even though they don't all stink.

Sunflowers.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:09 AM   #33
Cailin

How Do You Identify?:
Female.. and it's pronounced "cah-leen", not cay-lin
Preferred Pronoun?:
You
Relationship Status:
In one

Thanked 2,630 Times in 739 Posts
Cailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST ReputationCailin Has the BEST Reputation

i have quite a few fears, but the ones that will absolutely petrify me:

Spiders. I dont mean, i just scream and say "kill it". My heart races, i sweat, I can almost not breathe and yes- I may cry and hyper ventilate based on how close and big it is. I will kill the small ones and I'm fine. but ones that are the size of a penny or larger, and they hop? I will start crying and hurt myself to try and get away from it.-- oddly, i LOVE snakes.

Not being able to save myself. Alot of people think I have a fear of planes/flying. Its not that, essentially. Its the fact that when I'm in an aluminum can, 50 million feet in the air, if anything goes wrong I am absolutely helpless to save myself. All I can do is sit there and wait to die. I can't flap my wings etc. However, I am fine with getting in a helicopter. You can jump out of them, if need be. I avoid any situation where I think I cannot save myself.

Living a life without cause. (self explanatory)
Old 05-04-2013, 09:26 AM   #34
Cid

How Do You Identify?:
ultra femme princess
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, lady..whichever
Relationship Status:
waiting for the right one

Thanked 2,731 Times in 632 Posts
Cid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST ReputationCid Has the BEST Reputation

I could say that I have a fear of heights, but that's not exactly true. The fear that I have is falling from them.
Or more exact...the fear of landing after falling from them.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass,
it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2013, 11:13 AM   #35
Ascot

How Do You Identify?:
Preppy Butch artist
Relationship Status:
She’s wild about me.

Thanked 2,487 Times in 549 Posts
Ascot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST ReputationAscot Has the BEST Reputation

Maggots. Yeah, no. I don't that it is truly a fear as much as it is soul crushing revulsion. Were I ever faced with a medical situation that could best be treated with maggot therapy I would have to be rendered unconscious and never told about it. Ever. Knowledge would lead to immediate institutionalization.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #36
puddin'
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
a genderqueer nuisance
Preferred Pronoun?:
bitchboi

Thanked 7,973 Times in 2,344 Posts
puddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputationpuddin' Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Cool

ticks
leeches
extreme heights (vertigo)
australian spiders (they jump fo' gawds sake!)
Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 PM   #37
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,771 Times in 25,657 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

I heard a DJ on the radio talking about phobias while on the drive home today and a top 5 list that someone compiled. Number one: heights. Number two: dentist. Number five: spiders.

Numbers three and four got lost in me fussing at the other drivers.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #38
girllikeu2

How Do You Identify?:
Dingbat
Relationship Status:
Facebook Official

Thanked 1,100 Times in 288 Posts
girllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputationgirllikeu2 Has the BEST Reputation

Gotta say my fear of bridges has abated a bit since I now cross several dozen (including the thrilling 7 mile bridge) every few weeks. The first few crossings of said uber long bridge sent me into full blown black out, hyperventilating spasms, which were a boat load of fun with my kid in the back seat.

Good good times.
girllikeu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to girllikeu2 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 05:45 AM   #39
Daktari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemme View Post
I'm not particuarly fond of heights and especially not fond of the fall.
It doesn't hurt when ya fall...only when you land!

<<< Mr.Obvious face
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM   #40
candy_coated_bitch
Pixie Stick

How Do You Identify?:
The arteest formerly known as musicfemme.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Happily taken.

Thanked 32,098 Times in 6,125 Posts
candy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputationcandy_coated_bitch Has the BEST Reputation

Caterpillars. I am not afraid of bugs in general at ALL, just caterpillars. I had a very traumatizing childhood incident when I was about three.

My Dad decided it would be a good idea to burn down all the tent caterpillars out of the tree in the front yard. (He's not too bright sometimes.) Result being--a literal carpet of both burned and alive caterpillars all over the front lawn.

My three yeard old oblivious self ran outside to play the next day. With bare feet. Standing in inches of squishy caterpillars and alive ones that were crawling up my legs. I was fucking paralyzed and SCREAMING my head off. I will NEVER forget it.

If I so much as SEE a caterpillar. OMG. It's not pretty.
candy_coated_bitch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to candy_coated_bitch For This Useful Post:

Tags
fears, phobias