How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Finding a lil radio station in Western NC that first played Celtic music, then bluegrass....

Good music makes a lovely drive all the gooder
Old 12-29-2014, 08:50 AM   #6182
Smiling

How Do You Identify?:
with a distinct flair

Thanked 4,382 Times in 1,009 Posts
Smiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST ReputationSmiling Has the BEST Reputation

Awakening naturally after 7 hours of the soundest sleep I've had literally in years and feeling completely refreshed and ready to get out of bed and get moving.

I attribute most of it to my head facing north as I slept in accordance with good Feng Shui principles. Also, my room is totally white as are all my bed linens. There is nothing else in the room save a ceiling fan. It was like sleeping suspended in a cloud.

The dark rings under my eyes are almost completely gone.

This is not normal for me at all. But I like it.

Last edited by Smiling; 12-29-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: ETA: And not one scream from the house next door last night!
Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Smiling For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #6183
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

The craziest coincidence ever. Thanks to Facebook, I found a childhood friend I went to camp with 40 years ago. She went to college with a high school friend of mine but neither of us knew that. And further coincidence, we're in the same field.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:40 PM   #6184
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Finding out breakfast was cooked for me while I got ready for work and now dinner being cooked when I get home!
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Logicaly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 08:48 PM   #6185
SleepyButch

How Do You Identify?:
Dude
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
Taken

Thanked 11,244 Times in 2,753 Posts
SleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST ReputationSleepyButch Has the BEST Reputation

My goofy dog brings me joy every damn day. The way he plays with his toys, the looks he gives me, and the way he is such a baby even though he is over two years of age. I find myself smiling a lot more when I spend time with him. His brother makes me smile too but not in the same way that my little guy does. Sigh...

You cannot embrace those things that will not embrace you back.
SleepyButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SleepyButch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #6186
Bard
Family Man

How Do You Identify?:
TG Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Masculine ones
Relationship Status:
She just gets me

Thanked 12,786 Times in 2,431 Posts
Bard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST ReputationBard Has the BEST Reputation

Our Pup Phoebe and Kitty Piper cuddling at my feet I know it was the heating pad they both really wanted but it was wicked cute
And a hundred percent reason to remember the name!

Give yourself over to absolute pleasure. Swim the warm waters of sins of the flesh - erotic nightmares beyond any measure, and sensual daydreams to treasure forever. Can't you just see it? Don't dream it, be it.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bard For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2015, 09:12 PM   #6187
CherryWine

How Do You Identify?:
lesbian femme

Thanked 10,096 Times in 2,186 Posts
CherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST ReputationCherryWine Has the BEST Reputation

I've been out of town for business this week and have been pretty stressed out. It has just been a tough week in general. Tonight the CEO took us all out for dinner and bowling. He plays every week in a league, so he is pretty good at it. Well, he beat me by two damn points! I have not bowled in over 5 years, so I was pretty surprised at myself as was everyone else...lol. I may just have to take up bowling as a new hobby. Anyway, it relieved some stress, and I actually had fun with my coworkers and some new colleagues. What's really going to bring me joy, though, is when the plane lands back home tomorrow.
CherryWine is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to CherryWine For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 04:52 AM   #6188
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Dress shopping! Some lucky girl got four dresses and already has plans for where to wear two of them :-)
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 06:33 AM   #6189
Daniela

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
married

Thanked 5,241 Times in 1,243 Posts
Daniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST ReputationDaniela Has the BEST Reputation

Waking up to this

I should add, I'm still awestruck every time it snows...since I'm from GA!
Daniela is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daniela For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #6190
A. Spectre

How Do You Identify?:
Butch dominant lesbian
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Baby Boi
Relationship Status:
She is my sunrise and sunset.

Thanked 10,781 Times in 1,440 Posts
A. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST ReputationA. Spectre Has the BEST Reputation

heavenly creatures, the manatee

A. Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A. Spectre For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 09:25 AM   #6191
cinnamongrrl
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult*
Preferred Pronoun?:
wild woman
Relationship Status:
No, thank you.

Location: in my heart I'm going to Carolina...but I'm in MA for now
Thanked 27,369 Times in 6,857 Posts
cinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputationcinnamongrrl Has the BEST Reputation

Yesterday:

I had had a pretty hard day at work...my water bottle was frozen and I was dying of thirst....I stopped at McDs to get a sweet tea...and the lady was sooo nice and called me sweetheart...and I nearly cried...lol Instead, I thanked her for being so nice, and told her not everyone had been today. She said, "well let me know who it was...I will go kick their butts!! I can you know..." that gave me a good giggle

Today:

My boss left me a nice message thanking me for my help. She hurt her wrist and couldn't do a job alone. She also said how great my work is and how happy she is to have me working for her. She said she feels like she won the lottery

Also Today:

I finally got my student ID number from the local college so I can see about taking the class I need (fingers crossed that there's an opening...hopefully not everyone feels a pressing need to take anatomy...)
Old 01-09-2015, 07:21 PM   #6192
Logicaly

How Do You Identify?:
Transgender Male
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male
Relationship Status:
She is the gamer girl to my gamer boy

Thanked 1,744 Times in 513 Posts
Logicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST ReputationLogicaly Has the BEST Reputation

Having my entire team in office laughing and having a good time and now knowing I am going home soon to take my girl on a date!
Logicaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:50 PM   #6193
goodlilfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Daddy's girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
beautiful , gorgeous, breathtaking
Relationship Status:
running through somebody's mind and my legs are not exhausted in fact they're stronger then ever

goodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputationgoodlilfemme Has the BEST Reputation

what brought me joy today , i held a new baby in my arms at work today cus the mom is one of my regular customers and its her third baby. she knows i have 10 nieces and nephews babies are so stinkin cute just cant get enough.
goodlilfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to goodlilfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2015, 09:00 PM   #6194
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

I went back to read old threads started in 2010 and read some absolutely fascinating and wonderful debates with excellent topics.
I miss those kinds of threads.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #6195
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,960 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfect_cupcake View Post
I went back to read old threads started in 2010 and read some absolutely fascinating and wonderful debates with excellent topics.
I miss those kinds of threads.
I miss them too!

Reasons why there are not critical thinking threads:

1. We (generally) are getting older, and don't have the time, or aren't able to put our thoughts into coherent sentences (ok this one is me)

2. The people who enjoyed a lively debate have moved on, or have been banned.

3. People feel safer posting nonsense (ok me again)

4. Ex drama has forced some to move on or post pap for fear of censure.

5. Threads are derailed by a few who cannot keep to topic.

Or God help us, the threads like "white privilege", where much time is wasted while white people repeat over and over that they are not privileged because they have xyz blood twice removed, or they know 45 people of color etc...

Anyway, if you start something worth talking about, i will try to keep up!
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 01:44 PM   #6196
Prudence

How Do You Identify?:
"congratulations, it's a girl"
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
single

Location: Second star to the right, and straight on till morning.
Thanked 1,179 Times in 363 Posts
Prudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST ReputationPrudence Has the BEST Reputation

Bought a kerosene heater. I was without electric for 3 days last season. My area have very large pines and they have a very shallow root system. Needless to say they took out a bunch of power lines. best thing about my neighbors they all came to the rescue with chain saws. Problem was pines where down miles before you could get to us. The electric company has been here and marked several trees to take down.. havent seen them as yet tho.
"There is a vitality, a life force, and energy, a quickening that is translated through you into action, and because there is only one of you in all of time, this expression is unique."---Martha Graham
Prudence is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Prudence For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #6197
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,247 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTinkerbelly View Post
I miss them too!

Reasons why there are not critical thinking threads:

1. We (generally) are getting older, and don't have the time, or aren't able to put our thoughts into coherent sentences (ok this one is me)

2. The people who enjoyed a lively debate have moved on, or have been banned.

3. People feel safer posting nonsense (ok me again)

4. Ex drama has forced some to move on or post pap for fear of censure.

5. Threads are derailed by a few who cannot keep to topic.

Or God help us, the threads like "white privilege", where much time is wasted while white people repeat over and over that they are not privileged because they have xyz blood twice removed, or they know 45 people of color etc...

Anyway, if you start something worth talking about, i will try to keep up!
I think it's partly all of these, plus (for me), my BFP time is "fun" time. I don't really want to get into heavy stuff but just want to wind down. I read but rarely contribute to the "heavy" topics.

Perhaps it's also a lack of knowledge or experience in whatever topic is being discussed.

Related to #1, I have noticed that occasionally there are "correct" opinions and beliefs here, and if someone differs, I have seen a verbal smackdown. That in itself might be a topic, however problematic. I just don't have the verbal skills to articulately hold my ground opinion-wise. So, people like me give way to the far more skilled debaters, who then either move on or get in trouble. A few still come around now and then.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:27 PM   #6198
bright_arrow
☆ the stars are aligned ☆

How Do You Identify?:
strong, independent, badass redhead
Preferred Pronoun?:
babygirl, buttercup, sugah
Relationship Status:
married to my Boo Daddy <3

Thanked 9,359 Times in 2,295 Posts
bright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputationbright_arrow Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Meeting new friends
Going to the Haight in San Fran
Painting my nails to match my dress for the company Christmas party

Looking forward to finding a bubble tea in the city!
bright_arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bright_arrow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2015, 05:08 PM   #6199
Mel C.
Long-time Member

How Do You Identify?:
WIB - woman identified butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your choice...not really a button for me
Relationship Status:
♡ married 1/1/2019♡

Thanked 6,841 Times in 1,621 Posts
Mel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST ReputationMel C. Has the BEST Reputation

One or more of my dear friends joining the Planet!

Lunch and errands with mom and dad (I'm fond of them)
Mel C. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mel C. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #6200
imperfect_cupcake

How Do You Identify?:
feminine dolly dyke
Preferred Pronoun?:
Your Grace
Relationship Status:
I put my own care first

Thanked 9,727 Times in 1,613 Posts
imperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputationimperfect_cupcake Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, for me, it's not about trying to be right, it about articulating what I think and *why* I think what I do. The defence of "I'm entitled of my opinion" .... Well of course you are. I'm also allowed to question the reasons and logic behind the opinion. And if someone doesn't have very good reason or logic, then it's not a sound opinion. Just like someone saying "you are triggering me" when what they actually mean is "I'm offended" I will challange. I'll challange an opinion I don't agree with and I will expect some form of logical explanation that has validity to it. If it doesn't, I'll point it out.
If it does, I might learn something new. That's rather the point, for me. If I have a logical fallacy in my argument because of something I hadn't considered, I hope someone will point it out. That may cause me to look at things differently.

Granted, there are things I will no longer debate, like sex workers rights, but I was reading old threads where I thought "huh, oh yeah, I ihad forgotten that point. It's actually something quite valid... "

But if the people who are posting in this community no longer enjoy that kind of thing, even if it takes them against certain opinions, then I can understand. I loathe drive by posts where someone just dumps an opinion without reading the arguments of the thread and thus a dogpile of "no it isn't!" Occurs. It can feel like one is buried like that. I figure of three people have already expressed my opinion and argument and there is nothing new I can add, then there isn't a point for my post. So I get the "I hate being dog piled on" assertion.

There was a polite agreement at one forum about that .... Can't recall which one.

Anyway, that was the whoe point of me going to forums, to stretch my learning. I have local friends for fun fluffy conversations. So I miss it sometimes. I cut my teeth on queer theory here, and although the older discussions I couldn't really be arsed with anymore, I do miss having new ones. Or people posting about dilemmas.

I've got people to talk abut sandwich fillings with, which is actually a very valuable thing. And I know not everyone has that. Nor is interested in learning by discussion and debate. I'm not as adept as I used to be, brain rot and all, but I still like some brain yoga.

Thanks Grianne and Ms tinkerbelly. Thee feedback is actually food for thought.
imperfect_cupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imperfect_cupcake For This Useful Post:

Tags
joy