Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > LIFE > Hobbies, Crafts, Interests

Hobbies, Crafts, Interests Do you like to knit? Throw pottery? Go fishing? Camping? Have Pets? Make jewelry? Tell us about it here!

Old 02-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #1
DressyFemme

How Do You Identify?:
FEMME
Relationship Status:
MARRIED :)

DressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST ReputationDressyFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Smile HATS! and the grrls/bois who love them....

OK, so I figured I'd start a thread on the one and only thing that makes THIS Dressy a DressyFemme besides my outfits.... and that is HATS!

I especially love Victorian hats with feathers and satin and the like, but also love old-fashioned looking hats from the Progressive era, church hats and fancy ladies dress hats.

And, seeing a boi in a dapper hat makes this femme swoon! sigh.......

So... where do you purchase your hats? Where do you WEAR your hats? What's your favorite type of hat? How do you store/clean/maintain your hat collection? Do you get that special kind of feeling in your heart when you put that chapeau on? (I do!).....

*curtseying with my hat*

DressyFemme
I am a member of LinkedIn’s Largest LGBT+ and Welcomed Allies Professional Networking Group. Today if you are comfortable being 100% out or supporting LGBT people please come join me and the currently over 42 Thousand Global Members. The group is 100% professionally oriented. We all need to stand because Visibility leads to Awareness and Awareness lead to Full Equality (and keeping it).

Join Us.
Here’s a direct link to the group >> https://www.linkedin.com/groups/63687
˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄ ˄
DressyFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DressyFemme For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Miss Scarlett
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Relationship Status:

Thanked 12,950 Times in 3,419 Posts
Miss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST ReputationMiss Scarlett Has the BEST Reputation

OMG a handsome butch in a Daddy hat makes my knees buckle and sets this femme to tingling all over...
Miss Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Scarlett For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #3
Sparkle

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, please
Relationship Status:
Loved Up

Thanked 6,624 Times in 1,561 Posts
Sparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST ReputationSparkle Has the BEST Reputation

I LOVE hats!

I love lots of different styles of hat.
the styles from the 40s, 50s and 60s are of particular interest to me.
And if it has feathers, I will probably swoon it.
I have a collection of my Grandmother's hats and handbags.
I keep the hats which are valuable and/or delicate in separate hat boxes, the care depends on the fabric and the shape. Most are pretty low maintenance. Some are very high maintenance (vintage) and will really only live for *so* long outside of a climate controlled museum environment.

The most amazing living milliner, in my opinion, Mr. Treacy
http://www.philiptreacy.co.uk/

He also does a "low-end" retail line for a department store in the UK, I have a beautiful red felt fedora by treacy.

Great thread, thanks
Old 02-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
LadyFlamezzz

How Do You Identify?:
Femme who lives with A DayWalker
Preferred Pronoun?:
who cares just yell for Mrs Day
Relationship Status:
Very attached

LadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST ReputationLadyFlamezzz Has the BEST Reputation

omg I love DayWalker in any kind of hat or beanie....the thugger the look the more I like it.....I concur with swooning over hats :}

LadyFlamezzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 12:06 AM   #5
Kätzchen

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Attached & Monogamous

Thanked 31,926 Times in 9,907 Posts
Kätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST ReputationKätzchen Has the BEST Reputation
Default Christian Dior <3

I love hats. Back when I was a little girl, both my mom and her mother loved to wear hats and they even bought matching hats for all of us girls in the family to wear to church on special Sunday's or especially on Easter Sunday.

Christian Dior hats were the rage.

My mom stored our hats in the boxes provided for each hat. Then she stacked all our hats inside a vintage steamer trunk, which she found years ago at an estate auction.

See the Christian Dior hat in the picture below? We actually had hats exactly like that style; Christian Dior hats. Mom's hat was a medium shade of beige; her mom's hat was the same color too. Both had Navy blue trim. But the hats they found for us were in a softer shade of what I thought was a pearly, iridescent shade of beige, with navy blue trim. Our little girl hats were trimmed with netting, wrapped and attached to the band around the hat. We wore our special hats on Easter Sunday and we even had matching dresses (our family seamstress made them for us) and gloves. Purses too. I'm fairly certain our shoes matched too, because matching colors across one's whole attire was a fashion specific to that era in time (the late 50's, early 60's).

Oh, those were the days.

Just reading your forum thread tonight on vintage hats gives me the desire to begin a hobby involving hats. I do love hats.

_____ ______
Kätzchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 05:51 AM   #6
cathexis

How Do You Identify?:
Trotskyist, Anarcho-syndicalist
Preferred Pronoun?:
They, Them, Their, Sir Bitch
Relationship Status:
open

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,603 Posts
cathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputationcathexis Has the BEST Reputation

Hats are great!
Camouflage baseball cap or Camouflage Navy Seal's Boonie
Straw Western Hat and one of brown felt that needs reshaping at the shop.

For those really dressy occasions, my dapper Fedora.
cathexis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cathexis For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 07:54 AM   #7
Orema
Superlative Soul Sister

How Do You Identify?:
Lesbian stone femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, her, shawty
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 34,013 Times in 8,560 Posts
Orema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST ReputationOrema Has the BEST Reputation

Orema is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Orema For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #8
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Thanked 33,587 Times in 14,918 Posts
homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

homoe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to homoe For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2020, 08:22 AM   #9
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

homoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputationhomoe Has the BEST Reputation

Old 01-25-2020, 08:32 AM   #10
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #11
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 08:54 AM   #12
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 08:59 AM   #13
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 09:03 AM   #14
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 09:10 AM   #15
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 09:14 AM   #16
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Old 01-25-2020, 09:16 AM   #17
homoe
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Butch
Relationship Status:

Chicago's Mayor.......