Butch Femme Planet  

Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > HEALTH: BODY, MIND, SPIRIT > Support: Abuse, Addiction, Coping

Old 10-22-2010, 03:25 PM   #101
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:
Married and Bound to Tommi's kaijira (Ts_kaijira )

1 Highscore

Location: Suthun.... California that is. Across the ridge from Laguna Beach.
Thanked 21,338 Times in 5,968 Posts
Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post
Sending much light to you my friend and healing energy to Milana;
we do what we do; because it's in us. We take care of others
and often we forget to breathe ourselves. Take time to smell the

Thanks, and backattcha ya know* Just sayin.
Tommi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #102
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Thanked 12,951 Times in 3,466 Posts
Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation
Exclamation BuMpInG

My Faith is larger than the Hills -- by Emily Dickinson
My Faith is larger than the Hills --
So when the Hills decay --
My Faith must take the Purple Wheel
To show the Sun the way --

'Tis first He steps upon the Vane --
And then -- upon the Hill --
And then abroad the World He go
To do His Golden Will --

And if His Yellow feet should miss --
The Bird would not arise --
The Flowers would slumber on their Stems --
No Bells have Paradise --

How dare I, therefore, stint a faith
On which so vast depends --
Lest Firmament should fail for me --
The Rivet in the Bands
Spirit Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 11:42 AM   #103
Domestic Diva

How Do You Identify?:
Deliciousely Femme!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess, Diva, best bitch ever
Relationship Status:
Soon to be married

Domestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST ReputationDomestic Diva Has the BEST Reputation

this will be the first time I have spoken of this online, hell I don't talk about it much in person. I have stage 3a breat cancer. I have been batteling cancer of one type of another for a few years, first just benign tumors, then uterin cancer, after a hystorectomy I was good for a few years then one day there they where...3 lumps in my left breast.went it for a checkup, then the biopsys...then the 5 days wait...wich I think was the hardest part...then the news that changed everything. they wanna take my boobs, and I know that choosing between cancer and my clevage is a no brainer Im a girlfriend and a mother, but I love my clevage....I finally found a doc that will use my body fat for reconstruction...yayy! tummy tuck and new clevage! went in for per op stuff and my white blood cell count is in the 100,000, for those that don't know thats WAY more then it should be. So now I take pills and wait some more....
I, at first, felt like this was punishment for some awful thing I had done and then I thought about my life and I could't come up with one thing I had done that was that bad, I mean I know I am not perfect but jesus...I'm not that bad either. I made a bucket list...Everyone thoought that was funny, but what if they can't fix it, what if I die?
I dont wanna go out feeling like I haven't done anything I wanted to...ya know...now I live in a new place, and I don't have a lot of adult friends...that sucks more cause I feel the depression...So I am seeking new peoples to relate with, people inside and outside my community to laugh with and talk about stuff other then cancer, but I guess I have to talk about this stuff too

*poof*
Domestic Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Domestic Diva For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #104
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Spirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST ReputationSpirit Dancer Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestic Diva View Post
this will be the first time I have spoken of this online, hell I don't talk about it much in person. I have stage 3a breat cancer. I have been batteling cancer of one type of another for a few years, first just benign tumors, then uterin cancer, after a hystorectomy I was good for a few years then one day there they where...3 lumps in my left breast.went it for a checkup, then the biopsys...then the 5 days wait...wich I think was the hardest part...then the news that changed everything. they wanna take my boobs, and I know that choosing between cancer and my clevage is a no brainer Im a girlfriend and a mother, but I love my clevage....I finally found a doc that will use my body fat for reconstruction...yayy! tummy tuck and new clevage! went in for per op stuff and my white blood cell count is in the 100,000, for those that don't know thats WAY more then it should be. So now I take pills and wait some more....
I, at first, felt like this was punishment for some awful thing I had done and then I thought about my life and I could't come up with one thing I had done that was that bad, I mean I know I am not perfect but jesus...I'm not that bad either. I made a bucket list...Everyone thoought that was funny, but what if they can't fix it, what if I die?
I dont wanna go out feeling like I haven't done anything I wanted to...ya know...now I live in a new place, and I don't have a lot of adult friends...that sucks more cause I feel the depression...So I am seeking new peoples to relate with, people inside and outside my community to laugh with and talk about stuff other then cancer, but I guess I have to talk about this stuff too
Domestic Diva
We are here for you

Don't Quit

When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit --
Rest if you must, but don't quit.

ife is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow --
You may succeed with another blow.

ften the goal is nearer than
It seems to a fair and faltering man,
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor's cup,
And he learned too late when night came down,
How close he was to the golden crown.

uccess is failure turned inside out --
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar,
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit, --
It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

-- Author Unknown --
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 PM   #105
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Tommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST ReputationTommi Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums
Default It doesn't knock

Quote:
this will be the first time I have spoken of this online, hell I don't talk about it much in person. I have stage 3a breat cancer. I have been battling cancer of one type of another for a few years, first just benign tumors, then uterine cancer, after a hysterectomy I was good for a few years then one day there they where...3 lumps in my left breast.went it for a checkup, then the biopsys...then the 5 days wait...which I think was the hardest part...then the news that changed everything. they wanna take my boobs, and I know that choosing between cancer and my clevage is a no brainer. Im a girlfriend and a mother, but I love my cleavage....I finally found a doc that will use my body fat for reconstruction...yayy! tummy tuck and new clevage! went in for pre op stuff and my white blood cell count is in the 100,000, for those that don't know thats WAY more then it should be. So now I take pills and wait some more....
I, at first, felt like this was punishment for some awful thing I had done and then I thought about my life and I could't come up with one thing I had done that was that bad, I mean I know I am not perfect but jesus...I'm not that bad either. I made a bucket list...Everyone thought that was funny, but what if they can't fix it, what if I die?

Hi there.. Well, if you were close by, we could chat about that Club we became members of without even asking. That one that makes you realize your mortality, and that makes every day matter. And it's scary.

Have you researched ALL your options? Looked for Clinical Studies in your neighborhood. I signed up for one after being diagnosed with Uterine cancer almost 7 years ago.

If there is anythiong I can do, holler, write, scream, send smoke signals, or PM me. My email addy is in my profile.

This is from NIH.gov website.

Stage IIIA (operable)

Modified radical mastectomy or radical mastectomy with either radiation or chemotherapy. Radiation could be preoperative external beam radiation or postoperative external beam radiation with a booster dose to primary site. Chemotherapy could be CMF, CA, CAF, CMFP, CMFVP, L-PAM and 5-FU with or without tamoxifen.

Here is a link to look at what's new and what's going on in the research and clinical trials. http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials...archid=8960422

So, stay in touch. and PS: I'm glad you are going through with the mastectomy, with or without the reconstruction, the cancer needs to go.
Bang Bang
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #106
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Thanked 26,896 Times in 5,773 Posts
DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Hi, Domestic Diva.

Last week I had my last chemo treatment for Stage 3a colon cancer.

I had surgery in early August and then had chemo starting a month later every other week (along with a chemo pump for 48 hours after each infusion).

I tend to be a person who researches the heck out of the smallest of things when making a decision (for example, when buying a new camera), but this was the one time I chose not to. I was concerned that I would become overwhelmed with the information I found and I was worried that I would get the wrong information. You have been down this road before, so you probably know a lot already and know what you want to know and don't want to know, so that is a good thing. I found that I wanted to know little about the surgery, but a lot about the chemo treatments. Fortunately, I chose a surgeon who didn't talk, but found a chatty oncologist. Let your doctors know what you need and the pace you want to receive information.

I live in an area that has one of the highest cancer rates in the nation. I am considering moving even though I have lived here my whole life. Although I believe that nutrition, exercise, and in some cases heredity, impacts one's chances of getting cancer, I believe the environment does, as well.

Hopefully, someone who has had breast cancer will come in here or PM you.

However, if you want some additional support from someone else who has had to deal with cancer (although not the same type), please don't hesitate to PM me.

Seriously. Anytime.

Take care of yourself.

Are you educated or indoctrinated?
DapperButch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #107
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

So I have been away from the site for a few months now. My ex was dx with this in Sept. 1 week later was starting chemo and the 1st day of chemo she found out it had already spread...3 spots in her L5 1 in her hip and 1 in her femur. She in the beginning pushed me away then she wanted me there to take care of her and our house and animals we have together. I am the 1 she screams at...fusses with etc. I feel like I am CONSTANTLY on an emotional rollercoaster to the point of starting therapy next week

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFemme View Post
Inflamatory Breast Cancer or IBC is horrid.

I feel for the woman as there are certain factions of my family that gush and coo over me when I am sick. I somehow end up feeling responsible for their emotional turmoil.

My inner circle is very stern with me, and treats me as if I was healthy as much as they can. Thank god.
Old 04-12-2011, 02:25 PM   #108
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default One Day At A Time

Cancer doesn't call to see if your busy and have anything planned

Cancer doesn't care that you have other plans.

Cancer doesn't knock, it just comes crashing through the walls of your sanity.

and then...it disappears. Or does it.

Morbid thoughts before a pre-op at 3:30. Raw feelings..me with feelings, wanting to see the sunrise, and hold my tigger while she purrs, and rub Peaches boy till he goes to sleep, and smell the roses. To hear the voices of loved ones near and far that I have failed to call and touch base with.

Wanting to plant that 7th rose bush on May 15th. Wanting quiet in my mind.
Wanting everyone to be okay. Just for today. I'll deal with tomorrow when it gets here.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM   #109
Spirit Dancer

How Do You Identify?:
Complex but Tender
Preferred Pronoun?:
~Ma`am~
Relationship Status:
Shotgun Rider

Default Blessings and Strength

A Time To Believe

To believe is to know that every
day is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen,
and dreams really do come true.

To believe is to see angels
dancing among the clouds
To know the wonder of a stardust
sky and the wisdom of the
man in the moon.

To believe is to know the value
of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's eyes and
the beauty of an aging hand, for it
is through their teachings
we learn to love.

To believe is to find the strength
and courage that lies within us.
When it is time to pick up
the pieces and begin again.

To believe is to know we are not alone,
That life is a gift and this is our
time to cherish it.

To believe is to know that wonderful
surprises are just waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams
are within reach.
"If only we believe"

Author Unknown
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Spirit Dancer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-24-2011, 10:28 AM   #110
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

DapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST ReputationDapperButch Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delish View Post
So I have been away from the site for a few months now. My ex was dx with this in Sept. 1 week later was starting chemo and the 1st day of chemo she found out it had already spread...3 spots in her L5 1 in her hip and 1 in her femur. She in the beginning pushed me away then she wanted me there to take care of her and our house and animals we have together. I am the 1 she screams at...fusses with etc. I feel like I am CONSTANTLY on an emotional rollercoaster to the point of starting therapy next week
Make sure you take care of yourself. Just because she has cancer does not mean that she can take out her frustrations on you. She is still responsible for how she is with others.

Yes, it is understandable that her fear and anxiety may result in irritability, but that doesn't mean that she shouldn't acknowledge it or keep it in check.

As a side note, I know that the steroids in my chemo treatment (5FU) causes some BIG TIME irritability in me. My point is, her irritability is not just about having a serious illness, it is also chemically induced. I worked almost full time (72 hours every two weeks). I had been only taking a half day on chemo infusion days, but after noting I was irritable with coworkers, I decided I needed to take the whole day off.

In general, I was kind of whacky. In fact, I screwed up and wrote something in a work email that I shouldn't have during that time (and never would have if I was in my "right mind"). There were some repercussions due to it.

My point is, understand her emotional state, but don't excuse her behavior. Therapy may be helpful to her. Some cancer centers have therapists trained in working with people who have cancer. Also, there may be some free support group there, as well. At minimum, it may help her to get on some support groups/forums online to talk with others who have the same illness.

I know that you and my partner have been PMming, but if you want to talk to someone who went through cancer treatment, please don't hesitate to PM me, as well. I would also be happy talk with your ex via email if she is not on this site. It is a very tough road to travel. For both of you.

Take care of yourself.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #111
Andrew, Jr.
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Me
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
Unavailable

Thanked 5,249 Times in 2,216 Posts
Andrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST ReputationAndrew, Jr. Has the BEST Reputation

Rosie and I are asking for prayers for her one and only sister. She has Barrett's Disease. In fact, she has had this for a number of years, and it has just gotten worse over time. Medicine no longer works, and surgery is a 50/50%. However, she is highly allergic to most anethiesthics (sp?), which decreases her survival rate. We are hoping for surgery in August, but that too is up in the air. She has a tumor growing around her voice box and vocal cords. It is a bad situation no matter how you look at it.

Thanks.
Andrew, Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Andrew, Jr. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2011, 06:51 AM   #112
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default Reminding those that believe., and those that don't. Know what it is all about.

~ If only we believe~ Cherishing today. Thanks SD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Dancer View Post

A Time To Believe

To believe is to know that every
day is a new beginning.
It is to trust that miracles happen,
and dreams really do come true.

To believe is to see angels
dancing among the clouds
To know the wonder of a stardust
sky and the wisdom of the
man in the moon.

To believe is to know the value
of a nurturing heart,
The innocence of a child's eyes and
the beauty of an aging hand, for it
is through their teachings
we learn to love.

To believe is to find the strength
and courage that lies within us.
When it is time to pick up
the pieces and begin again.

To believe is to know we are not alone,
That life is a gift and this is our
time to cherish it.

To believe is to know that wonderful
surprises are just waiting to happen,
And all our hopes and dreams
are within reach.
"If only we believe"

Author Unknown

Just thought I would read, and resend strength and courage from my heart to yours. Hope today is full of sunshine for those in the dark, and warmth for those that are indoors,

If only we belive

Last edited by Tommi; 04-26-2011 at 06:54 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #113
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Finally got my chemo port out yesterday! Nice to have that reminder, gone!

Soon I will have another colonoscopy and then I will feel completely in the clear!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #114
JakeTulane
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Mr. Prickly Porcupine
Preferred Pronoun?:
Butch - Hy, Hym, Hys
Relationship Status:
She has softened My quills

Thanked 5,264 Times in 2,732 Posts
JakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST ReputationJakeTulane Has the BEST Reputation

Congratulations Dap. Having lost My Dad to cancer.. and watched My Mom fight and beat breast cancer.. I know this must be a huge relief.. and victory for you. I hope you continue to regain your health.. and remain cancer free. smiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post

Soon I will have another colonoscopy and then I will feel completely in the clear!

JakeTulane is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JakeTulane For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 12:58 PM   #115
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
Congratulations Dap. Having lost My Dad to cancer.. and watched My Mom fight and beat breast cancer.. I know this must be a huge relief.. and victory for you. I hope you continue to regain your health.. and remain cancer free. smiles.
Thanks, Jake! I appreciate it...very much!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-07-2011, 04:03 PM   #116
Tommi
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Usually "Hello"
Relationship Status:

1 Highscore

Member Photo Albums
Default One to Another

Quote:

In 11 days see my Oncologist for my annual check-up..May 15, will be the 7 year follow-up to Endometrial Cancer.

Hey DapperButch, Having that chemo port out must be a reason to Celebrate...:wine: My friend Milana heads to surgery for her second one in on Monday. Infection at 1st port site, and she has only 3 more sessions.

Every day is such an adventure, and your upcoming colonoscopy is one of the favorite things you can do, and I KNOW YOU WILL BE THRILLED WHEN IT IS OVER..

Had mine several weeks ago, and got the best report. Doc said "Your colon is boring. See you in 5 years."

So, keeping my fingers crossed that all the tests, MRI, US, lab work over the last month match the negative colonoscopy results.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tommi For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 03:15 PM   #117
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

DapperButch, a question about your chemo port...did you ever consider leaving it in or was it a no brainer for you as far as having it removed? My thinking is that it's yet another surgery.
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 03:31 PM   #118
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
DapperButch, a question about your chemo port...did you ever consider leaving it in or was it a no brainer for you as far as having it removed? My thinking is that it's yet another surgery.
I don't think you can leave them in, can you?

It was a really simple surgery. They don't put you under like they do when getting it inserted. My doc just gave me a local, cut me about 1.5 inches, and then popped it out. Easy peasy. I asked to look at it b/c I was curious. It just looked like a large tadpole!

And there really isn't much pain afterwards, either. I had some serious pain for a few days when they put it in b/c they have to push and pull on the muscle, but no pain really after it came out. I don't think I even took a Tylenol.

ETA: It is funny that someone posted on this thread today. I have my colonoscopy tomorrow...so I going through the "prep" right now. sucks ass. no pun intended.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #119
Novelafemme
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 8,925 Times in 1,834 Posts
Novelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST ReputationNovelafemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
I don't think you can leave them in, can you?

It was a really simple surgery. They don't put you under like they do when getting it inserted. My doc just gave me a local, cut me about 1.5 inches, and then popped it out. Easy peasy. I asked to look at it b/c I was curious. It just looked like a large tadpole!

And there really isn't much pain afterwards, either. I had some serious pain for a few days when they put it in b/c they have to push and pull on the muscle, but no pain really after it came out. I don't think I even took a Tylenol.

ETA: It is funny that someone posted on this thread today. I have my colonoscopy tomorrow...so I going through the "prep" right now. sucks ass. no pun intended.
I was told you could leave them in...but SO good to know it is a far less invasive procedure having it removed! PHEW!!

Positive thoughts for tomorrow's "butt T.V." Oh, how I loathe bowl prepping!
Novelafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Novelafemme For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #120
DapperButch
Roadster Guy

How Do You Identify?:
FTM, Stone Butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
He

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novelafemme View Post
I was told you could leave them in...but SO good to know it is a far less invasive procedure having it removed! PHEW!!

Positive thoughts for tomorrow's "butt T.V." Oh, how I loathe bowl prepping!
Thanks for the positive thoughts! It should be fine. :-)

If you have any more questions/need support, feel free to PM me!

The Following User Says Thank You to DapperButch For This Useful Post: