Go Back   Butch Femme Planet > ART, POETRY, WRITING > Writing and Erotica

Old 10-08-2012, 07:06 AM   #1
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,115 Times in 2,999 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default National Novel Writing Month

otherwise known as NANOWRIMO

The basics of it is that on November 1st you start writing a novel. On November 30th you stop writing.

You can not edit, doubt yourself, or otherwise stunt or sabotage your success.

Lots of details here:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/en

You can buddy up with pals on the website and share snippits of your work, share your current word count, cheer each other on, etc.

It's fun!

Who is in?
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

I may try it again. I've participated before and gotten overwhelmed with work. As it happens I'm in the midst of writing a technical certification book.

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #3
Gráinne

How Do You Identify?:
Neither, nada, out of the box
Preferred Pronoun?:
My name always works
Relationship Status:
Happy whatever happens

Thanked 7,248 Times in 1,416 Posts
Gráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST ReputationGráinne Has the BEST Reputation

I will be there! My username is also guihong.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
JustJo
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
pushy broad
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Follow your heart; it knows things your mind cannot explain.

1 Highscore

Thanked 25,407 Times in 4,661 Posts
JustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST ReputationJustJo Has the BEST Reputation

I did this a few years ago and actually successfully finished a children's fantasy novel (which I still need to go back and edit and polish a bit).

It's so tempting...and I also know I have a tremendous amount going on in my life in November....and I've also been threatening to write a non-fiction book for ages now.....

Ughhhhh......I'm a maybe. I'll let you know before November 1.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,863 Times in 7,834 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I have done this to some degree almost every year for the last 5 or 6 years.

This year, I am dealing with a full-time workload, a full-time school load, and this site but I think I am going to try to squeeze in some time to write and do this project again. I'll start it knowing that I might not complete it but I wanted to get back into the habit of writing a little bit every day anyway.

I am medusagoddess over there!
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 09:23 AM   #6
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Yeah, last year my world got a little blown to pieces in November and I only got halfway through.
This year November is wicked busy but I'm going to dig in anyway. I'll sleep in December.

I'm tamalamadingdong over there.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #7
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Thanked 5,328 Times in 1,045 Posts
laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I took part and completed last year. I started with one book, and it morphed into 4 that I didn't finish this year with everything else I had going on.

I am pretty sure I am going to take part again this year.
1500 new words a day seems a bit daunting right this moment but even if I don't complete it would get me back to daily writing.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
Fatale

How Do You Identify?:
Not your average babe in the woods.
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Singular

Fatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST ReputationFatale Has the BEST Reputation

I am so in love with, and terrified by this idea!
Fatale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fatale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 06:49 AM   #9
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

laruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputationlaruss Has the BEST Reputation

I am all signed up and ready to go.
I have an outline and some character outlines prepared.
I still have a lot going on as I am moving cities next week, but I am going to do my best to complete again this year. I figure even if I don't finish I am that much farther along on my book.

http://www.nanowrimo.org

50,000 words in 30 days
1667 words a day

Who else is taking part this year?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 07:12 AM   #10
aishah

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme shark baby girl
Preferred Pronoun?:
she, her, little one
Relationship Status:
dating myself.

1 Highscore

Thanked 6,435 Times in 1,288 Posts
aishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputationaishah Has the BEST Reputation

this is the first year i actually don't have a ton of stuff going on so i could...possibly...do it. i'm thinking of doing it for a (don't judge me) fanfiction piece i've been wanting to write for a long time - i used to be an avid ff writer and dropped off due to busy-ness. but if i come up with a novel idea i like i might do that instead
aishah is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aishah For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 08:00 AM   #11
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aishah View Post
this is the first year i actually don't have a ton of stuff going on so i could...possibly...do it. i'm thinking of doing it for a (don't judge me) fanfiction piece i've been wanting to write for a long time - i used to be an avid ff writer and dropped off due to busy-ness. but if i come up with a novel idea i like i might do that instead

FF is big business right now! That's how that 50 Shades thing started! Hey, as long as we are all writing and creating routine around carving out time for our creative ideas, it's a good thing!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2012, 11:57 AM   #12
gaea

How Do You Identify?:
femme

Thanked 14,363 Times in 3,381 Posts
gaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputationgaea Has the BEST Reputation

Fascinating.....

I signed up....

Gaea70 is my username over there.

Courage: the willingness to risk who you are for who you want to be and what you have for what you want

You're not who your past says you are, you are who you choose to be today moving forward.
gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gaea For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2012, 06:33 AM   #13
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Bump!!!!
Little under two weeks before we all disappear into our heads for a month...
Old 10-29-2012, 04:40 PM   #14
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Two days!!!
Also, if you register with NANO and get writing buddies, it does not mean you are sharing your work. It just means that you can cheer each other on with word counts. You can choose to share snippets of your writing but it's not required or assumed.
The Following User Says Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
Medusa
Mentally Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

I have gotten 3 people at work to join in! We are going to try to carve out part of our lunch hours every day to write in a think tank together!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2012, 04:58 PM   #16
Massive

How Do You Identify?:
Trans man
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Him
Relationship Status:
not looking

Thanked 2,383 Times in 765 Posts
Massive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST ReputationMassive Has the BEST Reputation

To be perfectly honest, the idea of writing a novel terrifies me, I've had an outline for one hanging around for years now, but I just don't have the, I wouldn't say patience or stamina, to write a novel in a month, but my health's not reliable enough to let me sit every day to write, otherwise I would give it a go.
So, good luck to all of you who are participating!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 AM   #17
laruss

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She or Goddess
Relationship Status:
Settled in

Default Day 1

Good Luck to everyone taking part this month.

I have my morning carved out to sit and write when I get back from the pool. I have a new wireless keyboard as I hate my keyboard on the laptop that I use for writing.

A minimum of 1667 words today.
I will try to write extra in the beginning in case I fall behind as the month progresses. Last year there were days I wrote 8000+ words and some days that I wrote none. I try not to break my flow if it is there.

Don't get discouraged if you can't get all the words out that you need. Even if you don't reach the 50,000 words you will still have written more then if you hadn't participated. Be kind to yourselves. It is good to have goals, but some is better then none.

Happy writing NaNoWriMo peeps.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laruss For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 07:29 AM   #18
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Whoot! Happy NANO kick off day!
My day is packed, I have a feeling I won't get quiet writing time until late tonight- goal of 1500 words for day 1. I do the same Laruss, some days I just can't dig in, others I'll bang out 5-8,000 words and pull ahead. Just a matter of making that time happen every day and not stopping myself with doubt and criticism!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 07:31 AM   #19
Ginger

How Do You Identify?:
Femme lesbian

Thanked 12,311 Times in 2,057 Posts
Ginger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST ReputationGinger Has the BEST Reputation

I'm no fiction writer but it's exciting to watch you all tackle this challenge!
Ginger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ginger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2012, 07:44 AM   #20
Linus
The Planet's Technical Bubba

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him/Geek
Relationship Status:
Married to my forever!

Thanked 10,744 Times in 3,176 Posts
Linus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST ReputationLinus Has the BEST Reputation

Welp. It's started..maybe this year I can actually finish it (it may be a nice break from the work book I've been working on and may help the writer's block I've had with it)

"We become Human Doings instead of Human Beings." -- Ram Dass
Linus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Linus For This Useful Post: