Old 01-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

Jet - You remember how I told you that I got up to 210 or so at one time, I carried the weight ok, but, had always been around 160 or so and decided to diet? And, BTW - I read an article recently where exercise has little to do with weight loss... what do you think about that? When I lost the 1 - 2 1/2 pounds each week for a year to get back to where I had been for years, exercise was not a part of the weight loss program.

It's all in what you eat and when. I incorporated a "modified-Atkins" as I call it - it worked for me. You have to cut back on the carbs to send the body into the fat reserves. I drank a 1 carb shake for breakfast, not all the time but some of the time, my biggest carb meal for lunch and more protein than carbs at night... and any of the non-carb foods anytime that I wanted to.

There's even this guy who has a diet out now that I think should work too, where you eat low carbs two days on and on the third day you eat what you want to. Losing weight is a slow and gradual process, if you do it too quickly, it's a shock to the body and painful - once you start steadily going into the fat reserves, the body gets used to it and accepts it.

I know you started a special diet a while back, Jet... tell us about it?
Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #22
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Thanked 2,646 Times in 1,293 Posts
Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Well, the first thing that I think is blowing my dieting are my PTSD meds, the side effects are weight gain— BIG TIME. Secondly, I know my my cortisol is out of control. The reason I hit the weights more now is because muscle "eats" fat if you will. So everything is in conjunction with everything else, yanno? I'm not giving up, but I really think I need a doc's advice on some things. And I totally agree with your diet which is why I've gradually cut my carbs way down.
Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #23
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Kast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST ReputationKast Has the BEST Reputation

When you told me what you were eating... I knew you were headed for trouble, but - what can we do but be supportive, you were 'hot to trot' on this new diet... and I'm not the type to say... 'I told ya' so!'

You've got to eat 1 piece of bread a day and that's it - in the bread department, I remember that much... and very little sugar, and eat the pasta for lunch... and it'll hurt like hell - your body will think you're starving and hold onto your fat reserves for the first week or so... and then it starts accelerating when it gets used to the fact that your aren't dying afterall... lol

You have to look at genetics too... I had a tall, skinny father, and my brother who is 10 years older is all lean... but, me and my sister look like football players.

So, are your meds making you want to eat more?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #24
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Thanked 1,617 Times in 633 Posts
Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation
Default not feelin' the love

This is less like "Big Butch Love" and more like "Butch Fat Panic".
Not feelin' the love, yo.
Cyclopea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 07:45 PM   #25
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
This is less like "Big Butch Love" and more like "Butch Fat Panic".
Not feelin' the love, yo.
Well... there are other threads... do you have any 'love' to contribute or just driving by to shoot, Cyclopea?
Old 01-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #26
MrSunshine

How Do You Identify?:
The Gardner
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ummmm
Relationship Status:
Nah

23 Highscores

Thanked 3,889 Times in 1,154 Posts
MrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST ReputationMrSunshine Has the BEST Reputation

WTF?..........
MrSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:05 PM   #27
Admin
Administrator

How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/Her
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,013 Posts
Admin has disabled reputation
Member Photo Albums

All:

Folks need to stop picking at each other and engage with one another thoughtfully.

I know this thread is a difficult subject, especially when, clearly, we are all not at the same point in our journey. We are all going to have to recognize this in order to coexist.

Fat is a touchy subject because some folks turn it inward. It becomes self-hatred, something to be excised, worked out, exorcised even.
For others, fat isnt evil or ugly. It is just a part of their existence.

It is often very button-pushing for folks who dont have a problem with their body size to see other folks having a problem with their own body size. Especially if they are fat.
It pushes buttons because it says to them "Well hell, if they hate their OWN fat that much, what do they think of mine?"

This is one angle to consider. Not the only angle.

I also want to say that this thread is entitled "Big Butch Love". I suggest that we all need to find positive ways to show love for Big Butches.

There is a great amount of support for Big Butches to be found in this community. Let's make sure we are seeking support in ways that dont hurt. Learning to love yourself is a journey and it is often scary. Tell the truth and reach out...and be kind when doing so.

On a final note, we have had multiple reported posts from this thread tonight. I want everyone to TALK to one another. Stop sniping. Stop shutting down. And stop thinking you have all of the answers.

Much Love,
Admin
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:06 PM   #28
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Cyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST ReputationCyclopea Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam View Post
Well... there are other threads... do you have any 'love' to contribute or just driving by to shoot, Cyclopea?
Yes, I have plenty of love to contribute. I try to love my body - or as someone said geniusly somewhere "my earth vessel" for all it's flaws and foibles. I thought that's what this thread was for. There are plenty of threads and venues on this site for weight loss support. The title of this thread "Big Butch Love" promises enjoyment and acceptance of the bigger butch. Perhaps even a place for those who enjoy a big butch. All this talk about desperately needing to diet for butches who are moderately chubby? Not at all the same as loving big butches. Does that make sense?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #29
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Gawd I wub you Cyclo

Quote:
Yes, I have plenty of love to contribute. I try to love my body - or as someone said geniusly somewhere "my earth vessel" for all it's flaws and foibles. I thought that's what this thread was for. There are plenty of threads and venues on this site for weight loss support. The title of this thread "Big Butch Love" promises enjoyment and acceptance of the bigger butch. Perhaps even a place for those who enjoy a big butch. All this talk about desperately needing to diet for butches who are moderately chubby? Not at all the same as loving big butches. Does that make sense?
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #30
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Jet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST ReputationJet Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
It makes perfect sense. But my discomfort over my weight issue does equate or apply to someone else. My weight is NOT OKAY with me; it's costing me money for new clothes and something is wrong medically that needs to be addressed. These are valid points in my life, not yours[/U] and I resent the comment fat panick when it could be a health issue at 53. I'm entitled to set standards for my life and my body, alone, no one else's. The thread was started to see how butches might see, feel and express themselves as butches on the subject of weight. And yeah, I am positive for them no matter what they look like. Weight, looks and other surface noise would never enter into a friendship with them or treat them in any manner that made anyone feel "less than". But having been made to feel that way today myself, I'll step out and leave this thread to y'all who are supportive and loving towards big butches.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #31
LieslKate

How Do You Identify?:
Prime Lesbian Femme Feminist Submissive Amazon Dyke Riot Grrl... :)
Preferred Pronoun?:
the Feminine...
Relationship Status:
single

LieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant futureLieslKate has a brilliant future
Default MMMMMMMMMM

Just dropping by to give a shout out to all those yummy and delish Butches of more than average proportions... not that I don't like slimmer Butches but there is nothing more comforting than being wrapped up and sheltered in the arms of ... well, yanno

LieslKate is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LieslKate For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:37 PM   #32
Kast

How Do You Identify?:
butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
hye
Relationship Status:
in love with her

Yes, I'm sorry, Cyclopea... I didn't realize you thought the thread theme was supposed to be carried out in a specific and certain way... you're absolutely right. I think I'll bow out too, maybe there's a coloring book in the Arcade that allows us to color outside the lines?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:41 PM   #33
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
It makes perfect sense. But my discomfort over my weight issue does equate or apply to someone else. My weight is NOT OKAY with me; it's costing me money for new clothes and something is wrong medically that needs to be addressed. These are valid points in my life, not yours[/U] and I resent the comment fat panick when it could be a health issue at 53. I'm entitled to set standards for my life and my body, alone, no one else's. The thread was started to see how butches might see, feel and express themselves as butches on the subject of weight. And yeah, I am positive for them no matter what they look like. Weight, looks and other surface noise would never enter into a friendship with them or treat them in any manner that made anyone feel "less than". But having been made to feel that way today myself, I'll step out and leave this thread to y'all who are supportive and loving towards big butches.
My intent is not to attack you. And I should have tread more gently entering a thread where you already felt defensive. I respect your feelings and your weight loss and health needs. I think the dissonance started with the title of the thread which promised enjoyment and acceptance of big butches. In that regard, striving to be different than as one is, rather than to be loved as one is, is in disagreement with the title of the thread. I hope that makes sense. Again, no disrespect was intended to you, and I apologize for posting bluntly. I wish you the best, and hey, maybe if some Big Butch Appreciation follows this rocky start, it may be healthy for even moderately chubby butches who are freaked and despairing at age related or other changes, to see that some appreciate them just how they are.
Thank you for listening.
I am butch, btw. But generally Butch Love-ers come in all stripes.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #34
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieslKate View Post
Just dropping by to give a shout out to all those yummy and delish Butches of more than average proportions... not that I don't like slimmer Butches but there is nothing more comforting than being wrapped up and sheltered in the arms of ... well, yanno
Thank you darling!
The Following User Says Thank You to Cyclopea For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #35
Lady Jewel

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:
Relationship Status:

Lady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST ReputationLady Jewel Has the BEST Reputation

Mmm me too Kate. I love them fluffy bois

Quote:
Thank you darling!
Lady Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lady Jewel For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #36
T D

How Do You Identify?:
Person of the trans variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
He, Sir, Bro, TD, Stevin
Relationship Status:
On occasion

Thanked 1,123 Times in 310 Posts
T D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST ReputationT D Has the BEST Reputation

Interesting thread. It also seems to be darn near full of angst of all types.

2 things I know for sure; 1) Mood stabilizing medications generally cause weight gain. This can be quite uncomfortable for those who don't normally gain weight. 2) Life changes drastically in ones 50's, especially if your post menopausal. Menopause in general creates tremendous changes in the female body. It's not necessarily a lot of fun, and not the same for everyone.

Having said these things, it seems to me that if one feels like they're fat (really and truly), feels uncomfortable in their skin, and doesn't like it, then why not bring it to a forum as a topic to discuss. Just my opinion of course. Like many of you I don't find Jet overweight, but then again I haven't seen a recent photo apparently. I think it's how Jet "feels" that counts the most in his post.

Anyway, I've been overweight most of my life. I've had times when I didn't like it, felt uncomfortable, lacking in confidence, etc. But I remember at some point in my life realizing that not everyone is attracted or in liking of everyone else, and we really have no control over that. Sooooo, if someone was gonna like me they were just gonna like me how I am, and for who I am. Quite honestly I've never had a problem meeting people who are attracted to me, so I have to say I don't think size really has much to do with it. However I DO know how size can effect our own self esteem.

Meanwhile, this past year I decided that I was just plain sick and tired of not being able to select clothing (clothing that I LIKE) right off the rack, buy shirts that didn't hang down to my knees, and paying the "fat tax" on top of this for said clothes. I'm losing weight, and that's that!

My size has never been a deciding factor in who I date. I've dated women who weighed 100lbs soaking wet, and women who weighed over 200lbs, and everything in between. Who we're attracted to is just plain and simply who we're attracted too, period!

Stepping down now

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it.
Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”
T D is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T D For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:13 PM   #37
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
My intent is not to attack you. And I should have tread more gently entering a thread where you already felt defensive. I respect your feelings and your weight loss and health needs. I think the dissonance started with the title of the thread which promised enjoyment and acceptance of big butches. In that regard, striving to be different than as one is, rather than to be loved as one is, is in disagreement with the title of the thread. I hope that makes sense. Again, no disrespect was intended to you, and I apologize for posting bluntly. I wish you the best, and hey, maybe if some Big Butch Appreciation follows this rocky start, it may be healthy for even moderately chubby butches who are freaked and despairing at age related or other changes, to see that some appreciate them just how they are.
Thank you for listening.
I am butch, btw. But generally Butch Love-ers come in all stripes.
Your post is welcomed and accepted and I'd like to shake hands on it in our respect and words toward one another. Thanks.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #38
WolfyOne
Magically Delicious

How Do You Identify?:
Gentle Butch
Relationship Status:
Single and content

Thanked 15,406 Times in 4,139 Posts
WolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST ReputationWolfyOne Has the BEST Reputation

I think I'm just going to kick back, read a while and see where this thread goes. I'm not a big butch, but I am overweight for my height. I've hit middle age spread and then some. I know what I have to do to keep myself healthy, but that would mean giving up what I enjoy.

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage --- Lao Tzo
WolfyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:17 PM   #39
Jet
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by T D View Post

Interesting thread. It also seems to be darn near full of angst of all types.

2 things I know for sure; 1) Mood stabilizing medications generally cause weight gain. This can be quite uncomfortable for those who don't normally gain weight. 2) Life changes drastically in ones 50's, especially if your post menopausal. Menopause in general creates tremendous changes in the female body. It's not necessarily a lot of fun, and not the same for everyone.

Having said these things, it seems to me that if one feels like they're fat (really and truly), feels uncomfortable in their skin, and doesn't like it, then why not bring it to a forum as a topic to discuss. Just my opinion of course. Like many of you I don't find Jet overweight, but then again I haven't seen a recent photo apparently. I think it's how Jet "feels" that counts the most in his post.

Anyway, I've been overweight most of my life. I've had times when I didn't like it, felt uncomfortable, lacking in confidence, etc. But I remember at some point in my life realizing that not everyone is attracted or in liking of everyone else, and we really have no control over that. Sooooo, if someone was gonna like me they were just gonna like me how I am, and for who I am. Quite honestly I've never had a problem meeting people who are attracted to me, so I have to say I don't think size really has much to do with it. However I DO know how size can effect our own self esteem.

Meanwhile, this past year I decided that I was just plain sick and tired of not being able to select clothing (clothing that I LIKE) right off the rack, buy shirts that didn't hang down to my knees, and paying the "fat tax" on top of this for said clothes. I'm losing weight, and that's that!

My size has never been a deciding factor in who I date. I've dated women who weighed 100lbs soaking wet, and women who weighed over 200lbs, and everything in between. Who we're attracted to is just plain and simply who we're attracted too, period!

Stepping down now

Well TD, I'm about ready to post a pic from december and they suck. About clothes, I struggle...dress clothes for my work are expensive, or they can be and it's disheartening to buy clothes and find a month later I can't wear them. It's rapid weight gain and I'm concerned. I'd like to throw on a pair of bib overalls and be done with it, but i can't corporate style.
Thanks for participating in the thread.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #40
Cyclopea

How Do You Identify?:
Butch Lesbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Jet View Post
Your post is welcomed and accepted and I'd like to shake hands on it in our respect and words toward one another. Thanks.
Reciprocated.
Thank you.
On to Big Butch Appreciation!